Thread: DP 73+74 Titles

Default DP 73+74 Titles and Summaries

From PPK over at Bulbagarden:

Scan:
    http://www.imgup.org/iup570047.jpg
    http://www.imgup.org/iup570048.jpg
    http://www.imgup.org/iup570049.jpg

- March 27 - No airing

- April 3 - One-hour Special (DP73+DP74)

DP73 : ??????????(Farewell Dustox!)
    DP74 : ?????????????????!! (Pikachu! Raichu! The Way to Evolution!!)

- April 10 - No airing

Summaries:

DP73: Team Rocket arrives at a Pokemon Center at the lakefront, where Jessie's Dustox catches sight of an shinny Dustox. Then Dustox flies to the lake by following the shinny one (maybe a she?) by nature...

DP74: During their journey, Ash & co meet Shou, a boy with a Pichu and a Raichu, who considers Ash's Pikachu as a wild Pokemon...
    So Dustox is indeed getting the boot. At least it did something before it left. I shall miss it.

No clue about DP74. Will we get a reminder Pikachu never wants to evolve?
    Last edited by Rocket Girl; 8th March 2008 at 6:04 AM.

So the time has come for Dustox to finally leave. We all knew it was coming eventually. So long, Dustox.

The other episode sounds like a reminder of why Ash's Pikachu chose to never evolve.

dustox is getting the butterfree treatment?...ehh im sad it's going...hmm wait not really.
    maybe now jessie will finally get some new pokemon in the upcoming future!

I'll miss Dustox too. It's one of the two Pokemon of Jessie's I actually liked.

Now that it's gone that leaves an empty space for Jessie to finally get a new Pokemon. There'd be no more excuses except the writers just being plain mean to her. I wouldn't put it past them.

The other episode, well, words cannot express this feeling that resembles joy that I'm feeling right now in knowing that you know who is coming. Anything else that I have to say about the episode will get me flamed immensely so I'll just keep my mouth shut until someone else says it.

I hope the Dokucale episode is really well done. I wanna see a nice farewell for the thing. And I look forward to seeing what new capture Musashi will eventually acquire. Raichu episode sounds...meh. I have no idea who you're talking about, an00b9is.

The other episode, well, words cannot express this feeling that resembles joy that I'm feeling right now in knowing that you know who is coming. Anything else that I have to say about the episode will get me flamed immensely so I'll just keep my mouth shut until someone else says it.
    Well Ritchie knows Ash's Pikachu isn't wild so I doubt he'd show up.

Does Dustox really have to leave, couldn't Jessie just leave it at a Pokemon center, so the possibility it comes back.

And why anyone would assume a Pokemon outside it's Pokeball, sitting on a trainer's shoulders is wild is beyond me. Maybe if Pikachu gets lost but if I see a Pokemon on someone's shoulders, I'm not even going to consider it wild. That boy must be stupid if thats the case.

I hope Pikachu doesn't evolve, that would be the worst, unexpected twist in D/P. Although if there was a way for it to de-evolve by a machine, I'd go for it. Just as long as we get Pikachu back.

Hmm, and don't forget that there are wild Skorupi in the Marsh.

I believe An00bis is say that he/she wants Pikachu to evolve, I could be wrong though...

Lol, a Dustox remake of "Bye bye Butterfree" complete with Shiny counterpart (to make fun of those noobs who insist the pink Butterfree was a shiny).

This is the lamest cop-out since "Bulbasaur the Ambassador."

D/P 75 really ought to be "Booizel catches Aids and dies."

And lol at 74, its just going to be another reason I hate D/P so much (a rehash of the wimpy rat not wanting to evolve and just another distraction in the way of getting to Pastoria).

Well Ritchie knows Ash's Pikachu isn't wild so I doubt he'd show up.
    I'm not talking about Ritchie. I'm talking about Raichu; the greatest 'chu to ever 'chu.

Does Dustox really have to leave, couldn't Jessie just leave it at a Pokemon center, so the possibility it comes back.
    Generally speaking when a TR Pokemon leaves it's not coming back.

Edit:

I believe An00bis is say that he/she wants Pikachu to evolve, I could be wrong though...
    Well ... you know me. I'll use any excuse.

The summary wasn't up when I posted the first post. In fact the scans weren't even there so I only had the title names to go on.

Most likely Jessie will soon catch a 4th gen poison-type, after that episode.

I wonder what Raichu does. It's already appeared in this series.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

Well, whatever does it, it can't be much worse than that blasted Raichu from earlier in D/P.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I'm not talking about Ritchie. I'm talking about Raichu; the greatest 'chu to ever 'chu.

Generally speaking when a TR Pokemon leaves it's not coming back.

Edit:

The summary wasn't up when I posted the first post. In fact the scans weren't even there so I only had the title names to go on.
    Raichu has already been in D/P so it's not much of a surprise, and I would generally think a person is a who and a pokemon is a what, so I thought you were talking about a human.

As for Team Rocket I know that but James does have a chance to get Chimecho back in the future (since he left it in his family's summer home). Jessie would have to scour the whole planet to find her Dustox if she wanted it back.

Call me Psychic. ;P

Well I'm excited for Dustox I never really enjoyed it, but at least it has an unforgettable accomplishment. JESSIE'S FIRST RIBBON!

Raichu has already been in D/P so it's not much of a surprise,
    I knew Raichu would appear at least once more considering it's a gym leader's Pokemon, I just didn't expect it to happen so soon. Being the immense fan of the large brown rodent that I am I'm pleased whenever Raichu makes an appearance, except in the before mentioned episode which was just garbage.

As for Team Rocket I know that but James does have a chance to get Chimecho back in the future (since he left it in his family's summer home).
    About the same could be said for the Growlithe he left about three series ago. It just doesn't look likely seeing how they ran their course. Cacnea suffered much of the same after James regained Carnivine very early in the series (in the second most inane way I ever witnessed). We all knew it would be a matter of time before Dustox went when Beautifly left just like we knew Cacnea's time was up when Carnivine came along.

About the same could be said for the Growlithe he left about three series ago. It just doesn't look likely seeing how they ran their course. Cacnea suffered much of the same after James regained Carnivine very early in the series (in the second most inane way I ever witnessed). We all knew it would be a matter of time before Dustox went when Beautifly left just like we knew Cacnea's time was up when Carnivine came along.

Dustox is in the sinnoh Pokedex (unlike seviper), but yeah, I suppose, I still think it'd be better if Team Rocket left them somewhere then releasing them.

Why have a special though, now we have a break before and after these episodes. ='(

Quote Originally Posted by mew-the original View Post
    Why have a special though, now we have a break before and after these episodes. ='(
    Well it's possible they're trying to finish a new opening (and having problems with it). But yeah I don't like breaks either. Unless it's to give the animator/writer/VA's some time off.

Running them together as a special doesn't give anyone time off though. It just runs two weeks of episodes in a single week. Specials are typically done for a reason though, so who knows.

Dustox is in the sinnoh Pokedex (unlike seviper), but yeah
    I guess that explains why it was around so long thus far.

No matter how you cut it they want to make it seem like Team Rocket has a 'full team' of Pokemon to share between them sans Meowth; three Pokemon for both James and Jessie. James has 2 Pokemon (Carnivine and Mime Jr.) and Jessie has 3 (Wobby, Seviper, Dustox). Though Jessie can technically catch something without releasing it since the combined Team Rocket team has only five Pokemon total the writers seem to restrict her to three slots.

This presents a problem. Jessie always has a snake Pokemon be it Ekans, Arbok, or Seviper with the exception of the few episodes she went without having any Pokemon at all. It's her signature type of Pokemon. Since there's no current generation snakes for her to catch and no prior generation snakes she hasn't caught outside of Dunsparce Seviper isn't going anywhere anytime soon ... unless they release a 5th generation snake.

Wobby's even more of a problem being a 'signature Mascot' of the Team despite James switching up the Pokemon he used to represent his part of the motto before. Technically there is nothing stopping Wobbuffet from being replaced except the need for it to be the mascot on the team, but like previously said James changed his Mascot Pokemon before so Jessie could as well. It's just the writers seem to want to keep her with something that she doesn't even use.

So it had to be Dustox. Despite being the only Pokemon on Jessie's Team that got a notable win in the form of a Ribbon it's also the most disposable Pokemon on her Team at this time.

I'm depressing myself thinking about it.

I hope Jessie catches something new before Pastoria.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyShoe View Post
    Running them together as a special doesn't give anyone time off though. It just runs two weeks of episodes in a single week. Specials are typically done for a reason though, so who knows.
    Well the ranger one makes sense because the ranger game will be releasing in Japan at the same time.

I was just referring to the breaks with no hour long special before or after (and was only implying that they get time off if that was the case. But other than that I don't see the need for breaks).

Of course maybe specials after breaks is to make up for the break they had, and breaks are for when there are specials.

Pachirisu is offline <- He want da cookie

OMG PIKACHUS GONNA EVOLVE!!!!1111!!!1111!!!!111!1!!!!w!1OA;JOPUASRGPO UHN;oshndgrf;o. Not. Well Dustoc is finally leaving. Im glad. I never really liked the thing. Hmm, about the other episode, I just dont really know. But I doubt Pikachu will evolve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    Honestly, I think that the Auraholics went extinct in the anti-Auraholics' genocide. Now they're more like the monsters under the bed that everyone fears but never sees or hears.
    Little kids now have something other than the boogie monster to be afraid of.

The Johto starters in the anime sucked. If you agree copy and paste this in your sig. ~Started by Pachirisu~
    ~Credit goes to Ayra~

I'm tired of the chu line fillers.... this one better be good.

i knew dustox would leave, he will probably take jessie ribbon with him as a memento. i wonder what excuse theyre going to make up for it being released. upside is that jessie can finally catch a new pokemon now.

as for the other episode we all know pikachu isnt going to evolve. what i think is that the kid is going to try to use a thunderstone on pikachu and get shocked by him, ash will tell him that pikachu never wanted to evolve and it will teach the kid a lesson that he shouldnt treat his unevolved pokemon like crap
    Last edited by thunderblade12; 8th March 2008 at 7:32 AM.

Pachirisu is offline <- He want da cookie

Im not. We havent had one in awhile. Atleast I think anyways. But I promise you this, someone is probably going to think that Pikachu will evolve in that episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    Honestly, I think that the Auraholics went extinct in the anti-Auraholics' genocide. Now they're more like the monsters under the bed that everyone fears but never sees or hears.
    Little kids now have something other than the boogie monster to be afraid of.

The Johto starters in the anime sucked. If you agree copy and paste this in your sig. ~Started by Pachirisu~
    ~Credit goes to Ayra~

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast