Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: April 23rd: XY069 - A Fight in the Wetlands! Goodra VS Florges

Default April 23rd: XY069 - A Fight in the Wetlands! Goodra VS Florges

http://i.imgur.com/xu15RM7.jpg

Goodra fights to protect its birthplace!

It was attacked by Florges!

---

http://i.imgur.com/6GL4TsQ.jpg

"The wetlands Ash and his friends stop by turn out to be Goodra's homeland. Goodra is overjoyed to be reunited with its friends, but then an army led by a Florges show up and attack."

---

"As they continue their journey, Ash and his friends stop by the wetlands that are the "Dragon Pokémon" Goodra's homeland. Goodra is delighted to be reunited with its old friends, but things seem to be a bit off somewhere. Then, an army led by the ruler of the wetlands, the "Flower Pokémon" Florges, assaults the group!"

---

http://i.imgur.com/Xni0kuU.jpg

From Goomy to Goodra! This is a showcase of scenes displaying its evolution!!
    The strong-willed Goomy that has traveled with Ash has grown up evolving into a Sliggo and then into a Goodra! The time has come for it to test its abilities!!

(blurbs) Ash befriended Goomy! -> It evolved into a Sliggo!! -> Goodra played a major role at the Lumiose Gym!! -> Now, Goodra's fight begins...! (Ash: "Let's show them your power!!"

http://i.imgur.com/5dNulJ2.jpg

A Florges approaches, accompanied by many Pokémon! The reason why Goodra wanted to become stronger will now finally be revealed!!

Stand up against the wild Florges! Goodra's Ordeal!!

http://i.imgur.com/937zNTF.jpg

A battle to retake its homeland!

Goomy and its friends had their home stolen from them!
    Goomy used to live with its friends at a rich lake. However they were kicked out of their own home by a Florges and its companions that suddenly showed up one day!

A group of Pokémon suddenly attacked under orders from Florges!

Goomy ended up by Ash's side...
    Having somehow managed to escape, Goomy happened upon Ash and his friends, who helped it.

Goodra stands up to fight for its friends' sake!!
    After being kicked out of their home, Goomy's friends have been quietly getting by as best as they can. Having acquired a strong sense of courage upon its evolution into Goodra, it fights for its friends with all it has!!
    (Ash: "You can do it!")

It fights together with its friends!
    This is a battle between Pokémon, one that humans will have to stay out of. Goodra and its friends fight their best as Ash cheers them on!!

Team Rocket lurk in Florges' shadow...!?
    This is the Florges that expelled Goomy and its friends and took the lake. But we can see Team Rocket standing there behind it in this picture... Why!?
    Last edited by Dephender; 17th April 2015 at 11:27 AM.

So I'm guessing this is the episode where Goodra might leave. looks like it's going to battle that Florges as I expected.
    Credit goes to Cresselia92

Sigh, so then they do fight. I kind of thought Florges would be a good guy though and not a threat that Goodra would face.

I'm guessing Goodra will learn something to help combat Florges?

I'm already crying :'( Tear-jerker of a two-parter
    Hey everybody I started up a pokemon discussion web series and I hope you guys would give it a listen. I do it every few days or so. Usually after Thursday Japanese airing of the episode (Reactions and Responses) while I provide discussion videos every few days or so. Here's the link to my channel https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...R2kacxnt5J54ch If you could provide feedback I'd love to discuss with you guys Have a good day and just help get this show running

Also If I act like I'm spamming in these threads it's not that. It's called contribution to the discussion at hand. Quit saying I'm spamming because seriously I follow the rules here to a "T" so quit bugging me about that fact.

Im guessing Goodra get his *** kicked here and the episode after this is the rematch? I mean that's what I assume from the shot we got of Goodra resting with Pikachu, Wooper and Dedenne as if it was recovering

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Im guessing Goodra get his *** kicked here and the episode after this is the rematch? I mean that's what I assume from the shot we got of Goodra resting with Pikachu, Wooper and Dedenne as if it was recovering
    I kind of want things between them to be settled here tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I'm guessing Goodra will learn something to help combat Florges?
    Watch him just abuse Bide again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I kind of want things between them to be settled here tbh.
    It wouldnt be very interesting that the source of all of Goodra's problems was defeated in a single match

Why do I get this feeling that Goodra is going to pull a Dragonite and tank a load of super effective attacks before launching a single one to destroy the opponent?

Takes fairy attack, takes fairy attack, takes fairy attack, launches Bide..

Predictable..
    OR Playthrough - Final Team

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Why do I get this feeling that Goodra is going to pull a Dragonite and tank a load of super effective attacks before launching a single one to destroy the opponent?

Predictable..
    Welll, unlike the other matches, something powerful like moon-blast might actually have a shot at knocking goodra out.

besides, it will prolly have some insane move-set if it returns later anyways...

I think Goodra may be seriously injured in the episode and will probably lose the battle; and then in the next episode it recovers and rematches the Florges and eventually beats it. Then I'm guessing it's going to decide to stay here to protect its homeland or something like that.
    Credit goes to Cresselia92

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    I think Goodra may be seriously injured in the episode and will probably lose the battle; and then in the next episode it recovers and rematches the Florges and eventually beats it. Then I'm guessing it's going to decide to stay here to protect its homeland or something like that.
    we didn't see any injuries in the preview
    Unova -
    Kalos

Omega Ruby Team

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post

Predictable..
    Well that's been his battling style so far and it's been effective. I'll cackle if that's how he wins against Florges though.

Well that's been his battling style so far and it's been effective. I'll cackle if that's how he wins against Florges though.
    Well, Goodras do have naturally high Sp. Defense to balance out the hits from Moonblast. He could have a shot if he learns a move to deal with Fairies, but as he is now, his odds are slim.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Well, Goodras do have naturally high Sp. Defense to balance out the hits from Moonblast. He could have a shot if he learns a move to deal with Fairies, but as he is now, his odds are slim.
    Especially considering the only moves he has right now that do damage are Dragon Breath and Dragon Pluse both not working on Florgas due to it being a Fairy type pokemon and Fairies are immune to Dragon type attacks so the only move right now he could use that would work on Florgas and do damage is bide but he would have to be able to survive being hit more then once by Moonblast.

Goodra only has 2 attacking moves, it'd make sense if he learned something to fight Florges.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    He should learn Sludge Wave then, which I hope happens before this fight so we won't get a training montage here.

florges, i wonder who owns this one though a high chance that it could be a cotd's
    Episode 4 is this week, will also tell if I'll continue to watch or not

They're the same
        Spoiler:- nothing here:

There's nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by SerenaForTheWin View Post
    florges, i wonder who owns this one though a high chance that it could be a cotd's
    It's likely wild imo since Goomy encountered it before.

I guess Florges will whoop Goodra's *** in this episode, then they will spend the night in an abandoned cabin or even a Pokémon center. I doubt there's a COTD nearby since the wild Pokémon are going rampant against each other.
    #1 to INFINITY!

It's likely wild imo since Goomy encountered it before.
    Or it could be that when meeting with Goodra (when I was a Goomy) and Wooper was wild but when they meet again in this episode might COTD belonged to a trainer and had a battle with Ash in which utilizase to Goodra not insinuated that the trainer may be someone with bad intentions in wanting to use the fear that has Goodra to Florges or something like that but simply that this occurred around, even Florger could not have bad intentions or any negative feeling to Goodra. Well it's just a mine nothing fancy.
    PS: if it belonged to a trainer and this is again seen in the league to face Ash could be the trigger for the return of Goodra team Ash if truth be released, never rule out the possibilities .

I'm pretty sure that Goodra will emasculate Florges with that OP Dragon Pulse its got.

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilveraway View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Goodra will emasculate Florges with that OP Dragon Pulse its got.
    Fairies are immune XD, but you could aim for the horn... I mean the vines.
    Are we stylish yet?

sometimes good stuff happens when you wait for them
    Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664

Ash doesn't know he has pokeballs?

Swamp is saved and he gets a fairy type.

Seems like a win-win to me.

But then again, that would require a level of intelligence/skill that Ash is simply incapable of reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Ash doesn't know he has pokeballs?

Swamp is saved and he gets a fairy type.

Seems like a win-win to me.

But then again, that would require a level of intelligence/skill that Ash is simply incapable of reaching.
    I think you meant the writers, but I get where you are going.
    Are we stylish yet?

sometimes good stuff happens when you wait for them
    Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast