Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: May 19th: XY&Z027 - Snowbelle Gym Match! A Battlefield of Ice!!

Default May 19th: XY&Z027 - Snowbelle Gym Match! A Battlefield of Ice!!

http://i.imgur.com/UgxLLyz.jpg

A considerable struggle against the formidable Wulfric!
    As he attempts the final Gym match needed to enter the Kalos League, Ash goes up against Wulfric, Snowbelle City's Leader. But Ash struggles considerably against Wulfric, whose battle style involves both immense power and strong technique.

------

http://i.imgur.com/Fsp4bcc.jpg
    Having arrived in Snowbelle City, Ash attempts the final Gym match needed to enter the Kalos League. His opponent is the Ice Type Gym Leader Wulfric. Ash struggles with the match, but the key to victory lies with a certain Pokémon.

------
    POKEMON FAN:

http://i.imgur.com/E87EV3e.jpg

BATTLE 4: WULFRIC & ABOMASNOW

Ash challenges Wulfric of the Snowbelle Gym for the 8th badge. He has to go up against a lineup of tough Ice type Pokémon!

"Come on, try melting my ice!"

Heavyweighter Pokémon stand in Ash's way!
    All of the massive Wulfric's Pokémon are super heavy!? Ash challenges Avalugg with his Hawlucha, which has a type advantage. But...

Abomasnow attacks with Wood Hammer while jumping! It seems to smash the entire ground!!
    Last edited by Dephender; 30th April 2016 at 8:28 AM.

Does "full lineup of Ice type..." mean a full battle (5 v 5 in this case) ? Or it just means all of Wulfric's pokemon are big and heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Does "full lineup of Ice type..." mean a full battle (5 v 5 in this case) ? Or it just means all of Wulfric's pokemon are big and heavy?
    I wish it was 5 vs 5, or even 6 vs 6 if Phantump was caught so he and Noivern could both get one Gym battle.
    Every other cast member > Clemont/Bonnie

So their whole teams get to see the field? Maybe this is a two-part episode?

Can someone also please clarify why people are saying that this is a filler episode when the title states that it is a Gym battle between Ash and Wulfric (are Gym battle episodes fillers)? And where is this Carbink capture speculation coming from? The broadcast data says Carbink, but if it debuts on this episode, then there is a probably a pretty good plot device-ish reason for it aside from a capture.
    Last edited by Vincentium; 16th April 2016 at 10:36 AM.

Vincent | 1779-2325-8281
    Still in Snowbelle City for Y. Still collecting the last two Battle Resort trophies in Alpha Sapphire.

The latter. I removed the word "full" to avoid more confusion about that.

since Abomasnow is the data broadcast Pokemon in the episode before this one, it means maybe the battle starts near the end of the previous episode, in which case, hopefully this battle isn't 2v2...

Well based that this is actually XY&Z27 and NOT XY&Z26 and since XY&Z26 got Abomasnow as the broadcast data, it's possible that the gym match already begins at the end of XY&Z26 right after the Sawyer vs Ash battle. Would mean more time for more pokemon. We'll get a 3vs3 at least since the summary of XY&Z23 also says that Greninja will fight in the gym. And since Talonflame and Hawlucha are also in the gym, it's very likely that it's not a 2vs2 like some here thought.

But at the end there's one thing I am confused about.

Why the hell is Carbink appearing in a gym battle episode?

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateNinja View Post

Why the hell is Carbink appearing in a gym battle episode?
    Well, the summary does mention Abomasnow punching through the ground with Wood Hammer, maybe that could have something to do with the underground of the Gym, also gives slight capture speculation, but let's see, and yeah, I forgot that it's confirmed that Ash-Greninja is battling, that means its a definite minimum 3-on-3, unless its a 4v4 or 5v5, that means Pikachu won't be battling in the last gym, which hasn't ever happened before, though, Pikachu did remain undefeated throughout the first 3 gyms, so, I guess he's already got as much focus as he needed. Since it also mentions all of Wulfric's Pokemon are super heavy, I guess that just leaves Cryogonal and Glalie for the remaining 1/2 Pokemon...

Well I mean they kind of gave away that Greninja is staring here since it's his finale test or whatever. I hope Talonflame doesn't become the sacrifice then. Let him sacrifice Hawlucha since he seems to be having trouble anyways.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I'm more or less expecting this anyway but it'd feel a bit anticlimactic if Greninja just becomes Ash-Greninja and easily defeats Avalugg shortly after. Hoping for a different outcome however.

And considering it says heavy Ice types, I'm guessing Mamoswine could be here too? Would have preferred Cryogonal if so despite not being heavy I believe. Unless this gym battle is like Grant and is a 3 vs 2 sort of thing.

I hatched this in just six eggs. Six eggs. Okay I guess.

Mario Maker profile|Create-A-Trainer Face-Off|Pokemon Hangman

I wouldn't be particularly happy with another lop-sided Gym battle (3v2, etc.) to be honest, especially if Ash's last is Ash-Greninja. It should've been the other way around in fairness. :P

Please tell me they arent changing ANOTHER gym-leader to have a new ace.

This series really has become DP 2.0...

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post

Not to mention if he does use it Ash-Greninja=Blaze Infernape.

I wish. Where is my Paul 2.0? Why do I get Sawyer/Tierno instead?

What?

Whenwas their ace changed in DP?
    Roark's Rampardos just Evolved, Fantina's Drifblim is her go-to in In-Game Contests and her design is literally based off of one. Sure, her Battling ace is Mismagius, but she uses her Drifblim so much more.

Oh, Volkner, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Actually, Paul 2.0 is now Ash, and overall Alain+Sawyer+Tierno > Paul+Conway+Barry

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    What?

Whenwas their ace changed in DP?
    Roark's Rampardos just Evolved, Fantina's Drifblim is her go-to in In-Game Contests and her design is literally based off of one. Sure, her Battling ace is Mismagius, but she uses her Drifblim so much more.

Oh, Volkner, I guess.
    More the fact that this is the third time in XY where an ace has been swapped another ace from DP (Lucario, Luxray, now seemingly abomasnow).

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Yes, and you're gonna love it!

More the fact that this is the third time in XY where an ace has been swapped another ace from DP (Lucario, Luxray, now seemingly abomasnow).

Yes, and you're gonna love it!
    Oh, okay.
    In Lucario's case it kinda makes sense considering Korrina cannot shut up about her Lucario but literally never mentions Hawlucha, but Luxray definitely came out of the left field.

Man I really hope we get a better League Rival.
    Sawyer is totally unrealistic and Tierno is really dissapointing so far. Is Trevor even a Rival, since he hasn't been shown to get a single Badge since Insect?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepokeslayer View Post
    How the hell can XY(which is no where near a "good" saga yet imo) compare with DP which was one the best aside from OS it self.
    Because best and worst saga is all opinion based.There are quite a lot of people who consider XY to be the best or second best saga in Pokemon.

Ice gyms always do look good in the anime. 3rd gen in a row we have 1 towards the end.

I hope for good effects, but XY hasn't disappointed much in that department.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Looks like it's gonna be a 2v2.Ah man would have preffered a 3v3 at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America X View Post
    Looks like it's gonna be a 2v2.Ah man would have preffered a 3v3 at the very least.
    No man, its been confirmed that Greninja is battling Wulfric, so, minimum 3v3 confirmed...

Quote Originally Posted by ssquaderi View Post
    No man, its been confirmed that Greninja is battling Wulfric, so, minimum 3v3 confirmed...
    Oh yeah that's true.But then again they could always pull a Roxie/Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepokeslayer View Post
    How the hell can XY(which is no where near a "good" saga yet imo) compare with DP which was one the best aside from OS it self.
    OS was objectively the worst series of the franchise. Can't tell me that OS was near as good as DP or AG. XY is objectively pretty much on AG level. Yes it have flaws, but AG and DP also have some big flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Oh, Volkner, I guess.
    Volkner's "ace" in the gym battle was Luxray, the same like in DP (not Platinum). The same with Candice. DP pretty much ignored all team changes of Platinum except Volkner's team.

Looking forward to seeing the battle, inparticular Avalugg in battle. Can't believe XY has reached the final Gym already.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast