Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New Opening Theme, "Getta Banban" by Tomohisa Sako, premiered with XY55

Default New Opening Theme, "Getta Banban" by Tomohisa Sako, premiered with XY55

Announced on Twitter, some translated tweets coming:

"Thank you for attending my Christmas concert!! We announced this during the concert, but my next song will be an opening theme for the anime "Pocket Monsters XY"!! It will premiere in January next year, so look forward to it!!!"

"Thank you so so much for today. It was a real pleasure to spend Christmas with you all. Thank you so much for celebrating my birthday, too! (*his birthday is the 26th of December) Me doing a Pokémon OP is also a miracle that happened because you've all always been cheering me on. There's so much I want to do for you next year as well, so bear with me from here on too."

"The title of the song is "Getta banban". It's an upbeat, positive song filled with the kind of things I love, made with Pokémon in mind. It's a really cool song. Make sure to check out this Pokémon OP, which starts next year!!!"

"I love Pokémon, so I'm really really happy about this. Next year will be so fun I'm all embarrassed thinking about it."

"You'll get to hear a bit of my new OP that premieres next year during the Pokémon special on December 31st! Check it out!!!"

"My dream is to become a Pokémon Master! I'll work hard!!! It still hasn't been decided when the next song will be released, but we want to do a lot of release events all over the country! This year there were so many times I didn't get to meet many of you due to the lack of such... Please treat me well when that time comes."
    Last edited by Dephender; 9th January 2015 at 11:00 AM.

Looks like the new opening could be a Serena focused one. Not surprised, since she's just started chasing her goal and a lot of the scenes in Megavolt focused on her.

EDIT: Thought the dude was a girl. Honest mistake :/
    Last edited by Blood Red; 28th December 2014 at 4:24 PM.

I don't know who Tomohisa Sako is, but I doubt I'll like the Opening song; I'm only here for Rica slaying us with her vocals. I really wanted her to do the new Opening. :/

lol "Mad-Paced Getter" kinda ironic considering the capture pacing in this series is really slow.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I take a new opening over keeping Mega Volt at this point. His voice is nice so I might like this.

Althought I'm still praying for the day SPYAIR does an opening/ending theme to Pokémon (highly unlikely though).
    4/18

I'm hoping this new opening is Serena focused, maybe we'll get some capture spoilers too.
    Credit goes to Cresselia92

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    I'm hoping this new opening is Serena focused
    Why would it be when a guy is singing it? She's already got DreaDrea anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    I'm hoping this new opening is Serena focused, maybe we'll get some capture spoilers too.
    i wouldn't expect too many spoilers probably goomy and a few evolutions.

Volt was great, but I cant wait to see something, hopfully with a little goomy braxien buisness going on

Yes! I am hyped. I hope that both the song and footage are good.

~ All hail the Kalos Queen

As long as we get spoilers more then the ones we already know, I'm good lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    As long as we get spoilers more then the ones we already know, I'm good lol.
    I doubt it, seems by the movie the teams will be what we got spoiled alreaedy, so I doubt this opening will cover more than half a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I doubt it, seems by the movie the teams will be what we got spoiled alreaedy, so I doubt this opening will cover more than half a year.
    Meh, a guy can dream lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Getter Banban huh? Finally a new opening! Was getting tired of Volt. Not taking anything away from it, but I want to see something different. Hope it is good. it won't focus on any specific character IMO. Much less Serena. Like Lorde said, she has her own theme..why one more? And this is the opening. They showcase everyone
    Last edited by pokesrini; 25th December 2014 at 11:45 PM.
    Time Only Knows - An AmourShipping Fanfiction by me.
    UPDATE: Chapter 9 is up. Reminiscence (Memories Arc)

The Heart Still Cares- A one-off which will be introduced as Chapter 11/12 of Time Only Knows

Typhlosion- The Fighter
    The AmourShipping Shangri-la
    Banner credits to: Dr. Psycho.

Also, here's a caption Story my friend- Pokevision made: http://satosere.forums.net.bz/t55-as...irst-date#1339

Im kinda disapppointed that Goomy wont get a shot at being in volt, althrough they didnt even have frogadier, so the hope was pointless :/

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Im kinda disapppointed that Goomy wont get a shot at being in volt, althrough they didnt even have frogadier, so the hope was pointless :/
    Better to make a new opening rather than spend time adding a few mons into an old one.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Baking Soda I got Baking Soda

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Better to make a new opening rather than spend time adding a few mons into an old one.
    I agree. Besides, the scenes of Volt have been modified some three to four times by now. I'm happy that this is gonna be an upbeat song. "Mad Paced Getter" sounds very positive and nice. Volt seemed a little..how to say..serious? Not that it was bad of course; it suited the anime very well for its theme. Serena didn't have a dream and stuff. But now all of them have dreams; and usually, we see that the episodes after the first season are generally more light-hearted. The final season of course gets more serious again. All in all, I can't wait for the song. Pkmn has generally been very good with openings..so yeah.
    Time Only Knows - An AmourShipping Fanfiction by me.
    UPDATE: Chapter 9 is up. Reminiscence (Memories Arc)

The Heart Still Cares- A one-off which will be introduced as Chapter 11/12 of Time Only Knows

Typhlosion- The Fighter
    The AmourShipping Shangri-la
    Banner credits to: Dr. Psycho.

Also, here's a caption Story my friend- Pokevision made: http://satosere.forums.net.bz/t55-as...irst-date#1339

I've never cared for the music/lyrics of the openings (I even watch them on mute). I'm in for the footage! (and just it has something to do with what happens)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I agree. We have more than enough spoilers already anyway imho. I simply hope that this Opening is actually good; I haven't liked an Opening since BW's first one.

This guy sings a lot of slow, serene songs so I'm looking forward to see if he can actualy produce a fast paced song.

Maybe we'll finally get Type: Wild 2.0

Lots of Serena please.

And spoilers.

I'm not here for another subpar song though tbh. This saga needs Spurt 2.0 instead in my opinion. Something energetic that actually sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I'm not here for another subpar song though tbh. This saga needs Spurt 2.0 instead in my opinion. Something energetic that actually sounds good.
    We don't even know if the song will be bad or not. Some of his work should be on Youtube if you're willing to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Inb4 it's played at the end of a climatic 3-parter league battle featuring Greninja.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

New opening
    Hope they feature more cd on xy character
    Like serena new design and clemont upcoming arc
    I really hope it is
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast