Thread: Eelektross Discussion

Default Eelektross Discussion

I bet you were wondering when my 880357885685th discussion thread would appear. Technically, this is my fourth one, so my 880357885685th will probably be whenever there are 880357885685 Pokemon. Anyway, say hello to Eelektross.

TYPE: Electric

ABILITY: Levitate

STATS: 85/115/80/110/80/50

TIER: RU

Ah, Eelektross. The only offensive Pokemon with no weakness. You have a movepool that extends ad infinitum, good offensive stats, and you're slower than a snail. let's see what he can do.

Eelektross @ Life Orb
    Levitiate
    Naughty/Rash
    252 Atk/212 Spe/44 Spe
    Wild Charge / Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Claw / Hidden Power Ice
    Grass Knot / Brick Break

Spoiler:- Smogon says::

Spoiler:- I say::

Eelektross @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    Modest
    252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD
    Acid Spray
    Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower
    Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ice

Spoiler:- Smogon says::

Spoiler:- I say::

My own special set is right here.

Eelektross @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    Brave Nature
    252 HP/216 Atk/40 SpD
    Coil
    Acid Spray
    Wild Charge
    Flamethrower

When they switch from Acid Spray, you get a free Coil. Then you sweep.

That is basically it at first glance, though there are many more sets to run. Discuss this eel monster here!

Electric STAB, Flamethrower, Grass Knot and Hidden Power is pretty much the extent of its usable movepool. It doesn't hit very hard (compared to REAL hard hitters like Terrakion, Haxorus, Volcarona) and it doesn't take hits well even with max HP. Worse, its only possible niche as a wallbreaker is destroyed by its bad speed.. It needs to run a boosting nature to outrun Suicune and near max speed just to beat out Skarmory.

Its not good at all. I would rather use Electabuzz.. and no I did not mean Electivire. That's how bad the Eel is.

About the Acid Spray set, you would be better off replacing that move w/ HP Ice b/c Eelektross doesn't have nearly enough speed to make good use of it, whether it be b/c he tends to be 2HKOed or people just switch out into something that resists.

Well, I really like the acid spray set with the other 3 moves. I've watched once such a moveset on youtube and it looked impressive. I know, I'm not really stally, but this set looks damn epic if you have a teammate(s) who set up stealth rock and spikes. So with acid spray, people are scared that there pokes will die very quick, so they switch and so because of stealth rock and spikes you can use a nice strategy with elektross. btw, I gonna make this set when I've done with white. And this is NOT BAD!!! You just need to know how to use it. And maybe more defense on elektros with set helps better.

Hope I've helped. ^^
    See ya!!! ;P

There is also another set you can use. I never used Eelektross myself yet, but I saw this set used against me before and it was fairly effective. Credit to smogon for copying most of the set here.

Eelektross @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Quiet (+ SpA, - Spe)
    EV: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 SpA

-Coil
    -Thunder
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    - Brick Break

I guess it's a special attack set, with Coil being used as an accuracy boost for Thunder. It gives it a strong STAB, good coverage with Brick Break and HP Ice, and guarantees you hit like a truck.

The biggest thing to worry about with Eelektross seems to be speed, so I can see it being a fantastic Trick Room recipient. The fact that it has no weaknesses is a major plus too, since countering it means you need high attackers who have priority. But Coil allows for survivability and a stronger hit.

I actually like Eelektross' potential a lot, it has a very niche setting but can hit like a truck if you're not careful.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

Eelektross is crap, No weaknesses may seem great, but 50 speed.....

I use this guy in RU as a Quiver Dance Baton Pass recipient with a set of Thunderbolt/Flamethower/Grass Knot/HP Ice, and I must say, it does very well. It's coverage is great, and by RU standards it has decent bulk and good power behind its attacks. In OU, I wouldn't use it. It's terribly outclassed by...well, a lot of stuff. It's just a pity that it has higher Atk than SpA, since it's special movepool is where all the coverage and power is at. If you took just a few Base points from Atk and put them into SpA, we'd really be in business. But take what you get, I suppose.

Btw, quick typo. The OP lists Eelektross's SpA as 110. It's actually 105.

A difference of ten points is how many in terms of in-game stats?

With maxed out SpA it is still very viable as a special sweeper. What makes it appealing is the fact that it is a mixed attacker with some experimentation, and becomes real dangerous fast in that regard.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

I like using this guy just for fun sometimes, he's got a couple interesting options you can do with him, but i don't really think he's good, just something fun to screw around with

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Before the games came out, this guy looked amazing. No weaknesses, base 100 Attack and Special Attack, and pretty wide movepool. Alas, it was not meant to be. Terrible defenses and mediocre speed saw to that

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Before the games came out, this guy looked amazing. No weaknesses, base 100 Attack and Special Attack, and pretty wide movepool. Alas, it was not meant to be. Terrible defenses and mediocre speed saw to that
    You know we're talking about Eelektross, right? Base 115 Atk and 105 SpA, terrible speed, and decent defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    You know we're talking about Eelektross, right? Base 115 Atk and 105 SpA, terrible speed, and decent defenses.
    Oh yeah, sorry. However, my point still stands. It looks good at a glance, but it really isnt that great.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Eelektross is pretty good in RU/UU in terms of attack but it has poor defenses

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

Try a SubCoil set. Those worke quite effectively.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

I never tried it, but I think it would belong in doubles, immunity to EQ and trick room teams work much better there.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

elektross might see some use in doubles, but no where else.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.