Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: The Authors' Profiles

Name: MasterMind_Trainer77 (Famous Usernames: Ice_Scarred (Almost always find me on this one), iScarred, IceScar, and Jnin)

Strong Areas: I really don't know. I used to be kinda good at compiling story structure and stuff. Characters were meh....

Weak Areas: Storylines. I really am not that great on that, and Character development. I really suck at writing stories......But I still try....

Type Of Writing: Manga Style/Adventure/Action/Mystery

Type Of Characters: Protagonists who have doubt or have troubled qualities. Never really wrote "The Joyful Hero". I hope to oneday.

Current Stories: List all of your current stories that are out. Summaries are optional. For stories, list rating, star-vote counts, genre, ect.

Finished Stories: No Gravity. Not that good. About 2-3 years ago. A manga themed 7 chapter story. About a 2 kid (Kite and Jin) who's parents die and get sent to a place known as "Rupture". Anyway, they go into the realm of rupture and fight the ruler named "Zerk" who offers to battle them, and if they lose he keeps their soul. Anyway, they both die anyway. So it was kinda a twist. You would think they would survive, but they were toasted.

Future Stories: I plan to release a story mid-September. I pondered many ideas. I'm thinking of a Darker themed Shonen type story. I have some of it planned out, still need a thesis though (lol!). I had a Bounty hunter one planned, but didnt fall through good. Also pondering a Drama. Who knows?

Writing Tips: Keep inspired. Try to make the characters real as possible. Use your imagination, and try to be innovative. Strive for what you want to do, and dont give up on an idea (I gave up on about 5 stories).
    Trainer Card Credit to: emeraldsalamence
    Join my forum! www.animeworld.forumup.com

Goukazaru and Rayquaza Master

Name: MasterMind_Trainer77 (Famous Usernames: Ice_Scarred (Almost always find me on this one), iScarred, IceScar, and Jnin)

Strong Areas: I really don't know. I used to be kinda good at compiling story structure and stuff. Characters were meh....

Weak Areas: Storylines. I really am not that great on that, and Character development. I really suck at writing stories......But I still try....

Type Of Characters: Protagonists who have doubt or have troubled qualities. Never really wrote "The Joyful Hero". I hope to oneday.

Current Stories: List all of your current stories that are out. Summaries are optional. For stories, list rating, star-vote counts, genre, ect.

Finished Stories: No Gravity. Not that good. About 2-3 years ago. A manga themed 7 chapter story. About a 2 kid (Kite and Jin) who's parents die and get sent to a place known as "Rupture". Anyway, they go into the realm of rupture and fight the ruler named "Zerk" who offers to battle them, and if they lose he keeps their soul. Anyway, they both die anyway. So it was kinda a twist. You would think they would survive, but they were toasted.

Future Stories: I plan to release a story mid-September. I pondered many ideas. I'm thinking of a Darker themed Shonen type story. I have some of it planned out, still need a thesis though (lol!). I had a Bounty hunter one planned, but didnt fall through good. Also pondering a Drama. Who knows?

Writing Tips: Keep inspired. Try to make the characters real as possible. Use your imagination, and try to be innovative. Strive for what you want to do, and dont give up on an idea (I gave up on about 5 stories).

Name: Lucy or Sinclair

Strong Areas: Description, diction, character building, avoiding unwieldy exposition.

Weak Areas: Working out the semantics of plot (I can get a vague idea of how things are going to work out in the beginning, but I have to sit down and really think about the details to make sure there aren't any glaring plot holes), realistic dialogue.

Type Of Writing: Science-fiction, dark humor, satire, adventure, low fantasy, tragedy.

Type Of Characters: I try to write characters whom are distinctive of one another and of myself, without resorting to the writer's cry for attention in the form of minorities ("Look at my cliched ethnic and gay characters! I'm so tolerant!").

Current Stories: None at the moment. :c

Future Stories: Well, one is a prequel to my other stories, and tells how Pokemon came to live on Earth through a small number of alien species, and how the world and society were forced to adapt to carry Pokemon as a form of life as well, because obviously if aliens came to live on the Earth we would not instantly live in a symbiotic relationship with them like in the Pokemon canon.

My other stories take place within this universe several centuries after those events, are are more banal journey-fics with heavy emphasis on the characters and getting a strong feel for how the world would develop with Pokemon in it.

Writing Tips: Write every day - even if you only salvage one good paragraph, sentence or phrase from pages and pages of crap, it is worth it. It is okay to find inspiration in anything - and you should keep eyes open for it. TVtropes is a great source of inspiration for me.

Mods please lock this. There's a new authors' profiles at the top of the Authors' Cafe.

I was just about to ask "What's with this thread still being bumped?"

Chapter 64: Hide and Seek
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910