Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cryogonal Discussion Thread

Cyrogonal is terrible and its stats are pretty weird. Despite that it is one of my favorite Ice-types. It beats Vanilluxe any day in my book.
    A Remnant of the Battling Academy:
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/200s1s4.gif[/IMG]

My Current Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsead View Post
    Cryogonal would be better off if it had a defensive ability like Multiscale.
    Potentially, it could do much better, as it takes away weaknesses in the beginning and gives him defenses almost as good as eviolite chansey. It would bring it to at least UU.
    Only problem is, it is still wrecked by SR, and it has no reliable healing.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Yeah, Cryogonal is awsomly under-rated. Just a shame it's so damn rare, even in Winter. Still it's almost Winter and I plan to buy a copy of the game soon so maybe I'll get lucky.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

I guess I got damn lucky when I ran into it when the game came out, and just spammed poke-balls until I caught it.

Stealth Rock is the only real weakness though from the two you mentioned Soperman, because wouldn't recover be the most reliable healing surge for a pokemon to begin with? It is one of the few non-psychic types to access it as well through level up and considering it's weaknesses, it is almost a necessary option.

Granted you have to use a move to do it and it's not automatic, but with access to one of the more reliable healing moves in the game that could tip the scales in a match with prediction.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverMstr411 View Post
    Yeah, Cryogonal is awsomly under-rated. Just a shame it's so damn rare, even in Winter. Still it's almost Winter and I plan to buy a copy of the game soon so maybe I'll get lucky.
    cant u just change the DS Date and catch it?

Quote Originally Posted by CraZy RudOlF View Post
    It is a 5% chance in the Winter, and a 1% chance in the other seasons, with a 25 catch rate number.

Considering the rarity the snowflake is, you would think the stats would be a tad higher. That said though I don't think rarity of the pokemon in-game would affect it's lack of use in competitive battles.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by LinksOcarina View Post
    It is a 5% chance in the Winter, and a 1% chance in the other seasons, with a 25 catch rate number.

Considering the rarity the snowflake is, you would think the stats would be a tad higher. That said though I don't think rarity of the pokemon in-game would affect it's lack of use in competitive battles.
    Nope, since tiers are based on PO usage stats. Celebi and Jirachi are hard to obtain but are OU, so rarity has nothing to do with tiering.

I have claimed Giratina

Would be better if there was an Ice healing move (like Flash Freeze or somthing)
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Ice Body technically heals when it's in the hail weather effect, but that is on Vanilluxe...who is...well..vanilla in comparison.

Again though, and please correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Recover a viable healing option?
    The Journey (Rated R)

Quote Originally Posted by CraZy RudOlF View Post
    I don't like time-traveling. :P
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Low defense + Ice typing = Bad.
    I think it would be destroyed in any tier.

Cryagonal is quite fast, isn't it?
    I actually had problems in the Iccirus Gym (did i spell that right?)
    against the Cryagonals using my Lampent xD
    I tried to forget you
    I tried to love you
    But I hurt you all the time
    I cant't forget you
    I'm afraid to touch you
    And I always see you cry

Erkennst Du mich denn nicht?
    Bin ich dir unbekannt?

Well the stat rise is REALLY possible here is a clue magmar and electrabuzz got a boost that way

exacly getting an evolution it may happen a snow flake who evoluves into a snow fortress or something really viable and so beartic have an evolution option to lets say a HUGE arctic bipedal mounstrous bear it may happen and so other pokemons we dont see much use of them like pachirisu and emolga stunfisk maybe dudrigon and so on there are lots of pokemons we dont know if they get an evolution and our look on them will be all in LC
    so this pokemon might just be porygon or tangela case it is decent but might get an evolution in future generations I just hope next generations will have previous generations evolutions (pre evolutions are useless!)
    well anyway this pokemon isnt that bad it got a really good sp.defence (but his HP is just dissapointing...) and great speed and what makes it different from regice is the recovery movejust switch to someone else when a physical pokemon comes... or a faster at least (lets say gliscor wont survive a hit)

So I just went through the new tier list with a fine tooth comb, apparently Cryogonal is now classified as a NU pokemon.

*sigh*
    The Journey (Rated R)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Well the stat rise is REALLY possible here is a clue magmar and electrabuzz got a boost that way

exacly getting an evolution it may happen a snow flake who evoluves into a snow fortress or something really viable and so beartic have an evolution option to lets say a HUGE arctic bipedal mounstrous bear it may happen and so other pokemons we dont see much use of them like pachirisu and emolga stunfisk maybe dudrigon and so on there are lots of pokemons we dont know if they get an evolution and our look on them will be all in LC
    so this pokemon might just be porygon or tangela case it is decent but might get an evolution in future generations I just hope next generations will have previous generations evolutions (pre evolutions are useless!)
    well anyway this pokemon isnt that bad it got a really good sp.defence (but his HP is just dissapointing...) and great speed and what makes it different from regice is the recovery movejust switch to someone else when a physical pokemon comes... or a faster at least (lets say gliscor wont survive a hit)
    You should learn to use punctuation. I can't understand much of what you're saying.

Anyway, I've always found that the best use for Cryogonal is to set up screens, starting with the one that will buffer it against an imminent threat (Reflect against Hitmonchan, Light Screen against Porygon-Z), and then finishing with the other. The problem is that most pokemon can OHKO it because it's hard not to have a move super-effective against it.

My solution to this is the Enigma Berry, which is so far only usable on PO. It negates the first super-effective attack against Cryogonal, which will almost definitely the first attack that will be used. This gives Cryogonal the extra turn to set up screens and perhaps rain or hail.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Quote Originally Posted by 3.14kachu View Post
    You should learn to use punctuation. I can't understand much of what you're saying.

Anyway, I've always found that the best use for Cryogonal is to set up screens, starting with the one that will buffer it against an imminent threat (Reflect against Hitmonchan, Light Screen against Porygon-Z), and then finishing with the other. The problem is that most pokemon can OHKO it because it's hard not to have a move super-effective against it.

My solution to this is the Enigma Berry, which is so far only usable on PO. It negates the first super-effective attack against Cryogonal, which will almost definitely the first attack that will be used. This gives Cryogonal the extra turn to set up screens and perhaps rain or hail.
    Wouldn't a Focus Sash have the same effect too, considering it keeps you alive after one major hit?

Then again...it leaves you so open with 1 HP, any special walling then is impossible, although setting up the screens helps a lot for the teams survival then.
    The Journey (Rated R)

Crygonal is an great underated pok!

He has excellent bulk in Hp and Sp.def in combination.
    Besides that..

It has Rapid spin + Levitate which is an good combo for switch in to get rid of
    Spikes or Toxic spikes, even stealth rocks. (but that hurts in the start)
    Even though it kinda hurts it has recover to heal its wounds.

Also an good speed, it makes him an Great duel screener.

You have to use it wisely and carefully.

Looking for active friend codes of people that love to do Multi battles.
    No skill level required but dont use Ubers. Give me a PM/VM with your friend code so we can become friends and enjoy some great Multi battles !
    my fc = 0705 4374 1566

Eh, I like Vanilluxe better. Cryogonal is pretty much only good for fast screening, Rapid Spinning, and maybe, maybe, maybe Confuse Ray and stupid crudful worthless futile Attracting non-genders.

...Which really sucks for it, since Brick Break and Stealth Rock murder it in no time flat, and Pranksters limit other status-ers.

...Not like Vanilluxe has it any better, though...

...Stupid terrible Ice Types...

...Dang it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12