Stunfisk @Leftovers
    Calm
    Static
    252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp. Def
    Scald
    Discharge/Thunder Wave
    Yawn
    Sludge Bomb/Toxic

Probably it's best set. Scald to burn, Discharge/T-Wave to paralyze (on top of Static), Yawn to force switches or put something to sleep, and Sludge Bomb/Toxic to poison.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Haru Glory View Post

Camouflage!

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Adamant, Static
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
    - Camouflage
    - Bounce
    - Spark
    - Earthquake

A gimmick set that has come in my mind a few minutes ago.
    Camouflage changes you type upon the environment, meaning you will become Normal-type in Wi-Fi battles, so you have one weakness and one type you can't hit.
    Here comes Bounce. Has a chance to paralyze, and it's Flying-type, meaning it's good to hit Fighting-types. Spark and EQ are your reliable STAB moves.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Camouflage turn you into a Ground type during Wi-Fi? I thought I saw something on Smogon about it...

With that said, DERP.

This flounder has rubbed onto me as of recently, but he's... odd. It has a great movepool, but with 66 Atk and 84 SAtk, it can't do much. It has 109/84/99 defenses, yet suffers from common weaknesses. Overall, it has it's niche. It has numerous ways to inflict status, and it could attempt sweeping with Curse. Plus, Static is usefull. Don't expect it to make it into OU for a while, but it can wreck havoc in UU and RU if used correctly.

Agent Derp: Status Unknown
    @Leftovers
    Ability: Static/Limber
    Calm/Sassy Nature
    EVs: Not my area of expertise...

Discharge
    Scald/Yawn/Toxic
    Scald/Yawn/Toxic
    Pain Split

Firstly, I found this on Smogon, so don't give me credit. The point is to inflict status to whoever crosses your path. Discharge has good power with a bonus 30% chance of paralysis. Scald provides burn and coverage. Yawn can force a switch, and Toxic is Toxic. Pain Split is the best option for healing (Rest will make you bait, but you can team it with Sleep Talk), and Leftovers because Stunfisk will need it. As for abilities, you could use either. Static is useful, but if you don't like being paralyzed (odds are unlikely you will be), go with Limber.

In theory, if you or your opponent are low on health, you could use Yawn to force a switch, and Pain Split on the switch. This works preferably early on.

I'm new at this, so critique.
    Last edited by RandomError; 2nd October 2011 at 5:09 PM. Reason: Explanation of abilities.
    A "few" favorites:

Shinies collected:

I really find Stunfisk creepy and I dont care how the pokedex explains its demented smile I still think it is a freak of nature that will kill you at the first possible chance...

Anyways on to the moveset

Ability: None of its abilites are that useful but in my opinion Static is the one to use

Nature: For this set modest

Item: Leftover

Moves:
    Thunderbolt
    Rest
    Surf
    Protect

Not the best set but it has a certain balance to it. yeah i'm not good at making move sets
    The otters control me.

A cruel Annoyer
    Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    252 HP/ 192 Def / 64 SDef, Calm
    Sand Veil
    -Discharge
    -Muddy Water
    -Mud Bomb/ Earthpower
    -Pain Split

EVs are straight from XACt's def calculator.
    Brightpowder if it is not forbidden, otherwise Leftovers for moar bulk.

This set aims at total annoyance. Sand Veil in sandstorm (+ Brightpowder) means even 100 accuracy attacks turn into thunder-like accurate things.

muddy water (although it has bad accuracy itself) and probably mud bomb (although really weak) help with more accuracy drops, until derpfish is invicible.

Discharge paralyzes. which means the chance that you'll get hit is even smaller.
    Earthpower if you want a stronger attack, since Ground is a rather good attacking type and has good coverage alongside electric.

Pain Split for a kind of recovery.

Calculation: A paralyzed, -2 accuracy foe using a 100 accuracy attack in sandstorm with brightpowder:
    ->the chance that it hits is only bout 36% (!)
    at -6 accuracy:
    ->the chance that it hits is only bout 18% (!!)
    Last edited by Sceptilo; 2nd October 2011 at 5:20 PM.
    Did you know that...
    ... Arceus is only 4 times as strong as sunkern, seen from stats?
    .... that an internationally traded pokémon in the erratic exp.-group with a lucky egg and Exp. point power MAX that defeats a lv 100 blissey gets from lv 1 to lv 87?
    ... more than 3/4 of the DW pokemon found are male?!
    ... that you only need one (max-size) ice cream scoop to get to the minimal goal in the DW minigame?
    ... that Pelipper can't shoot in its DW minigame?? awww :<

Trollfisk
    Substitute
    Pain Split
    Scald
    Discharge/Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave

Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Static/Sand Veil
    Nature: Bold

EV's:
    252 HP*
    212 Def
    4 SpA
    40 SpD

Pretty simple, stall your opponent to death and back. Substitute blocks statuses, and can create the infamous 101 Subs. Pain Split keeps you healthy, and damages your opponent. Scald burns and strikes grounds. Discharge paralyzes, Thunderbolt is there for damage, and Thunder Wave is there for reliable paralysis.

*The EV's in HP should coordinate with the IV for 101 Subs.

Don't use Stunfisk in Doubles/Triples. Weak to Earthquake and Surf really destroys it's usefulness. For abilities, either Static or Sand Veil will do (preferably SV once it's released.)
    Last edited by -Xen-; 2nd October 2011 at 5:23 PM.
    Warning! Boring Sig ahead.

Oh wow. Reno didn't list Super Fang as the primary option on ANY Purugly sets.. Super Fang, the ONLY reason to use Purugly at all.

Stunfisk is so cool. It actually has great defensive stats.. approximately 1% less defensiveness than Swampert but a ton more special defensive.

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Bold
    Static
    252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Special Defense

Pain Split
    Scald
    Discharge
    Earth Power / Thunder Wave

On paper this thing has amazing defenses, guaranteed survival against a +1 Jolly Salamence Earthquake and shrugging off Jirachi's hits (and paralyzing it). In the real world it is hit super-effective by just about every single Pokemon in OU.

This guy is one of the most famous low-tier pokemon of the new generation. Why, you ask? Well, because it's a derp. And everyone loves derps! Even i kinda like him, and honestly, its an interesting type combo and nice stats as well. Only problem is that Ground is mostly physical, and even though Earth Power is nice, its the only special Ground attack there is. Derpfisk is very lucky.
    Abilities
    Static: Paralyzation on contact. Eh, its ok.
    Limber: Prevents paralyzation. Well, considering Stunfisk is a Ground type and has base 32 speed, this ability is more-or-less useless.
    Sand Veil: Raises evasion on sandstorm. It makes up for his speed, which is pretty good.
    So, without further ado, i give you, derp.

Derpicent
    - Pain Split
    - Yawn
    - Spite / Toxic
    - Protect / Earth Power / Discharge
    Abilities: Static / Sand Veil
    EVs and Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    200 Hp / 252 Def / 56 Sp. Def
    This is kind of a gimmicky set. Similar to Jellicent, but no Will-o-Wisp and better defense. Pain Split for healing (potentially). Yawn to force a switch, or if they are stupid enough not to, to make them fall asleep. Spite is like uber Pressure, and with Leftovers and Pain Split can mean the opponent will rage quit. Toxic is Toxic. Protect for stall, Earth Power for not being Taunt bait or for coverage. Discharge for paralyziation.

DerpStorm
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Earth Power
    - Thunderbolt / Discharge
    - Surf / Muddy Water / Scald
    Item: Choice Specs / Leftovers
    Ability: Static / Sand Veil
    EVs and Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk) or Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    200 Hp / 52 Def / 252 Sp. Atk
    This is a very good sandstorm set. It helps that sandstorm boost Sp. Def by 33%. It can be used outside of sandstorm with Static, or just as a sandstorm counter. Hidden Power [Fire] is for Ice and Grass types, which it cant hurt very badly. Earth Power is really nice STAB. Same with Thunderbolt and Discharge, but one has more power, the other more of a chance to paralyze. Up to you. Same with the last attack; Surf has pure power; Muddy Water has less accuracy, but can lower accuracy; Scald can burn. Choice Specs is for pure power, but Leftover makes him bulky.

Now, Derp has the movepool for a physical set, but base 66 attack is really bad. So no.

Double and Triple options
    This guy can really do well here. Discharge and Surf make Derpfisk pretty deadly in doubles and triples. However, it is weak to both Surf and Earthquake, so maybe not.

Partners
    Sandstorm-starters make Derp happy. Also, take out Water and Ground types that out-speed Derp. In the Sun, take out Chlorophyll abusers, as they seem to me a lot more common in UU.

Countering Derp
    Vaporeon, Jellicent, most Chlorophyll abusers, you get the point. His typing makes for a unique movepool, but really common weaknesses. This is why this guy isnt in OU.

Honestly, I love this little Derp. He's pretty cool, and is very special. Derp.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Yes, Stunfisk's defenses are decent, but why in the world, in the big, big world of RU, would you not just use a Rotom form, which is equally defensive but is better at using Pain Split and has a higher special attack?
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

I’ll admit, when I initially wrote this article, I didn’t for one second think Stunfisk was of any use at all. It has semi-decent bulk and a little punch to its Special Attack, but Speed as good as Reuniclus. Plus, I’ve never seen it do any good on my opponents’ teams because just spamming it with Earthquake seems to make it roll over dead rather quickly. However, after spending some time to really consider some strategies, Stunfisk at the very least has a nice movepool to work with. Most likely the biggest problem I’ve encountered with this Pokémon is that I’ve never seen it used in Trick Room teams, which is probably the most helpful thing you can do to it with base 32 Speed, for crying out loud.

Abilities:
    Static – There’s a 30% chance the opponent will become paralyzed if they strike Stunfisk directly. This ability might be useful at the very least to the rest of your party if Stunfisk still can’t outrun a paralyzed sweeper.

Limber – Stunfisk can’t be paralyzed. Again, with such abysmal Speed, I doubt anyone would be concerned they can’t outrun this slow flatfish. Heck, if you’re putting Stunfisk in a Trick Room Team, paralysis will actually make him faster!

Sand Veil (Dream World) – In Sandstorms, Stunfisk’s evasiveness goes up one stage. This could come in handy, as Stunfisk could get lucky and dodge a potentially lethal attack.

HERPEH-DERPEH-DERPEH-DEE!!!
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def/ 4 Def
    Nature: Calm (+ Sp. Def , - Atk)

- Substitute
    - Yawn / Toxic
    - Muddy Water / Scald / Surf / Earth Power
    - Thunderbolt / Discharge

This set focuses more on making Stunfisk bulky. Substitute adds to the bulkiness, and then hopefully by holding Leftovers, will recover enough HP to create yet another Substitute shall it break. Yawn has the potential to make your opponent force-switch, while Toxic can crumble other more bulky defenders. Stunfisk also has an interesting array of Water-type moves to choose from: Muddy Water hits both opponents and potentially lowers their accuracy, Scald can burn (further adding to this thing’s bulkiness), and Surf is especially great if your partner Pokémon has Water Absorb or Storm Drain. However, if you purely want to cover STAB, there’s Earth Power as the only useful Special Ground attack (well, okay, there’s also Mud-Slap if you want the nice accuracy-lowering ability it has). Finally, Thunderbolt makes for the standard great Special Electric attack, while Discharge hits everything on the field (make sure you have the Partner Pokémon to stand the attack, i.e. a Volt Absorber or another Ground-type).

If you’re putting Stunfisk in a Sandstorm Team, try out Sand Veil. Otherwise, Static might be the better ability (although not so much in Trick Rooms; remember, a Paralyzed Pokémon’s Speed is actually doubled in a Trick Room).

Let’s get PHYSICAL!
    Item: Leftovers / Life Orb
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Sp. Def
    Nature: Adamant (+ Atk , - Sp. Atk)

- Curse
    - Spark
    - Earthquake
    - Revenge / Flail

First of all, I am aware that this set is tapping into Stunfisk’s not-so-appealing base 66 Attack. However, using Curse a couple times will not only double your Attack, but also your Defense (and lower your Speed, so don’t forget that Trick Room strategy). Spark is the only Physical Electric attack available. Earthquake is, of course, the greatest Physical Ground-type attack in the world! Finally, if you’re not going to be in a Trick Room, Revenge will without a doubt come in handy, as Stunfisk will be slower than a snail and be hit like no tomorrow by opponents with the use of Curse. If not in a Trick Room, however, Flail might help, as more power base power will be given as Stunfisk’s HP lowers.

If you don’t want Leftovers equipped, try the Life Orb if you want more power instead.

Partners:
    Outside of Trick Room support, one of the biggest problems I’ve encountered with Stunfisk is that it seems to plummet especially quickly if you simply Earthquake it to high noon; and of course, Earthquake is used frequently in the metagame. For this reason, especially in Double and Triple battles, see if you can find a way to discourage the opponent from using Earthquake so much. Typically, people with enough circuits in their brain should have a Flying or Levitating partner with the Earthquake user. If you use Gravity, then the opponent won’t be able to use the attack without causing harm on their partner in consequence. Mind you, this means that the Physical Stunfisk set has to be careful of its own Earthquakes, so make sure the Gravity user also has Protect or Wide Guard to keep from being hurt as well. The easiest Pokémon I can think that matches this quota is Gigalith.

Attack Index:
    - CurseEGG
    - Earthquake – TM 26
    - Earth PowerEGG
    - Discharge – Lvl. 25
    - Flail – Lvl. 55
    - Muddy Water – Lvl. 40
    - Revenge – Lvl. 50
    - Scald – TM 55
    - SparkEGG
    - Substitute – TM 90
    - Surf – HM 03
    - Toxic – TM 06
    - Thunderbolt – Lvl. 45 / TM 24
    - YawnEGG

Ability:static
    EVs:170 attack, 170 Sp attack, 170 speed
    Nature:naughty
    Moves:
    Thunderbolt
    Earthquake
    bounce
    Muddy Water
    Item:life orb

stunfisk is a boss. Never diss him.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Stunfisk, the Herp-a-Derp Pokemon

Stunfisk is a very intersting pokemon. It's both immune AND weak to itself, it's a fish that lives in mud, yet its weak to water- and ground-types, and it's the only non-legendary ground-type with no evolutions.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Stunfisk
    Item: Nomal Gem/Silk Scarf
    Ability: Static
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
    Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spd)
    -Substitute
    -Camouflage
    -Endure
    -Flail

IMPORTANT This is to be used with Trick Room support. This set is a little gimmicky. First, you substitute to try and survive a few hits while you prepare. If you're using this set in Wi-Fi, you'll be in the "building" setting, which means Camouflage makes you a Normal-type. Endure is there help you get to 1 HP. Then you're only attack, Flail. This gets max power when you're at 1 HP, and also gets STAB if you Camouflaged. Normal Gem/Silk Scarf can give you're Flail some extra power.
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Oh wow. Reno didn't list Super Fang as the primary option on ANY Purugly sets.. Super Fang, the ONLY reason to use Purugly at all.
    Reno didn't do this one. He got called to work early so I had to cobble it together. Reno will probably go back and fix things for me at some point

Its type combination, Electric and Ground, has four common weaknesses, which are Water, Grass, Ice and Ground, two good resistances, Rock and Poison, and an Electric immunity, meaning it cannot be paralyzed. Not very good, but it doesn't suck.

As for the abilities, right now he can have Static or Limber.
    While Static has a 30% chance to paralyze the enemy when gets hit by a Physical attack, Limber grants a Paralysis immunity, but we already have that, so it's useless.
    Its DW ability, Sand Veil, gives a +1 Evasion during Sandstorm... Good for Sand teams, but I prefer Static.

Being a ground type doesn't give it a paralysis immunity. It can still be paralyzed by Stun Spore, Glare, and Body Slam.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

You've finally brought derpfisk to the POTW? FINALLY!

HOLY CRAP, TRIPLE STATUS!!!
    Stunfisk@Leftovers/Choice Specs
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 252Hp/252satk/4def
    Moves:
    -Thunderbolt/Discharge
    -Mud Bomb/Earth Power
    -Scald
    -Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave

This set is basicly to troll by spreading status and causing damage. Thanks to derp's bulk, he should be able to do quite alot of damage if given the chance. Discharge has a 30% chance of paralyzing which is nice, but thanks to static, you already have a decent chance of paralyzing so you can choose power with ThunderBolt. It might be strange to use Mudbomb, but it can lower accuracy to troll even more. Scald can burn which criples physical attackers, and also disposes of ground types. Sludge Bomb rounds up your coverage disposing of grass types, while having poisoning powers. Sludge Wave can be used if you want a bit more power. Choice Specs can give you some extra power while Leftovers give you recovery. I use this set which has performed pretty well, and great under trick room.

The Cursing Derp
    Stunfisk@Leftovers
    Ability: Static/Sand Veil
    Nature: Brave/Sassy
    EVs: 252Hp/252sdef/4atk OR 252Hp/252atk/4sdef
    Moves:
    -Curse
    -Rest/Pain Split
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

This set is a bit tough to set up, but when has been, it can be difficult to stop. Stunfisk already has great bulk, but throw in a few Curses and he's a Concrete wall! Anyways... Curse boosts his poor attack to sorta dangerous levels after a few boosts while also building his bulk. Pain Split and Rest are your choices of recovery. StoneQuake for coverage. This set will probably be easier to set up in trick room or in a sandstorm.

Stunfisk is fun to use. Nuff said.

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Being a ground type doesn't give it a paralysis immunity. It can still be paralyzed by Stun Spore, Glare, and Body Slam.
    Yeah, but it's still immune thanks to Static. At least I know so. Could I be wrong then? D:

Back in the Serebii.net Forums!

Setup
    Item: Lum Berry/Quick Claw/Muscle Band/Leftovers
    Mud Bomb/Earthquake
    Thunderbolt/Thunder
    Bounce
    Muddy Water/Scald/Rock Slide/Stone Edge

Rock Slide, Stone Edge, or Rock Tomb can be used against Ice-Types.
    Bounce can be used against Grass-Types and can also paralyse opponents.
    Because of its slow speed, Revenge or Payback can do the trick.
    Bulldoze, Earthquake, Discharge are risky in multiple battles like Double and Triple.
    Muddy Water or Scald can be used against Ground-Types.

Counters:
    Although Stunfisk's Physical defenses are slightly weaker than its Special, its Static Ability, that can makes it a gamble for Physical attacks, requires you to focus on that ability over Limber. That's because that alot of moves that causes paralysis either Electric-Types that are canceled by Stunfisk's Ground-Type half or an attack that risk getting paralyses themselves by making contact.
    Don't use any water pokemon unless it has an ability or somthing that makes it unaffected by Electric-type attacks like Lanturn's Volt Absorb, Quagsire, Swampert, Whiscash, Gastrodon, and Seismitoad.
    Pokemon with Lightningrod ability (like Seaking, Marowak, Manectric, Rhyperior, and Zebstrika); if you have a pokemon with a Electric-type attack as a partner espically against a water pokemon unlike those above.
    Flygon, Bronzong, Carnivine, Mow Rotom, and Hydregion are recommended pokemon with Levitate while Gravity, Smack Down, and/or item-switched with Iron Ball.
    Mamoswine, Abomasnow, Gliscor, Sand Cloak Wormadam, Torterra, Cradily, Ferrothorn, Electrivire & Zebstrika's Motor Drive, Pachirisu & Jolteon's Volt Absorb, and Magnet Rise can also be used at your own risk because of Stunfish's moves like Scald, Revenge, Sludge Bomb, Rock Slide and Bounce; as well as Electric and Ground-Type attacks.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 4th October 2011 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Edits from a recent reply.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Rememer, Stunfisk only has 66 Attack and won't be doing any damage with a physical set, even with Curse.
    Anyway:

Defensive
    Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Static/ Sand Veil
    204 HP/252 Def/ 52 Spdef
    -Thunderbolt
    -Earth Power
    -Scald/Toxic/Thunder Wave/Yawn
    -Pain Split

Stunfisk has got a feeble 84 Spatk but pretty good defences of 109/84/99 meaning it takes special hits about as good as Swampert. This set capitalizes on that.
    The EVs even out the defences with the rest dumped in HP.
    Thunderbolt and Earth Power are STAB. Choose any status you like. Scald ives some extra coverage and can burn. Toxic cripples walls and stalls. Thunder Wave stops fast sweepers while Yawn forces switches.
    Pain Split is Stunfisk's only form of recovery outside of Restalk(which sucks).
    As for abilities, Static can paralyze opponents who make contact with you which is cool 'cos Stunfisk maxes out at 179 speed(but this set only gets to 100). Sand Veil is unreleased but it's still a cool ability increasing evasion by 20% which could potentially win you the match. Limber on a Ground type is near useless. The only things that can paralyze you are stuff like Serperior or lolDunsparce with Glare.

Specsfisk
    Stunfisk @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    Static/Sand Veil
    252 HP/252 Spatk/4 Def
    -Thunderbolt
    -Earth Power
    -Surf
    -Hidden Power [Fire]

Derpfish actually has unique special movepool to go with his typing. Choice Specs makes that low Spatk look fairly threatening. We have the STABs from the last set joined by Surf which hits ground types pretty hard. Hidden Power[Fire] is for Grasses who resist your other attacks.It's also handy for floating and groud neutral Steels.

On the whole Stunfisk lacks a few things that could make him good. Water Absorb, Levitate, Recover. We'll just have to wait and see whether the 3rd 5th gen game can give him some cool new moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I will now go to the places where Stunfisk live and kill 10 of them because they are so creepy. Also why are they called a derp? I am so confused about its popularity. Can anyone fill me in?
    Last edited by Clerkinator; 2nd October 2011 at 9:01 PM.
    The otters control me.

Im sorry, I had to.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbktdreed View Post
    Speed Trap
    Item: Quick Claw
    Bulldoze/Mud Shot
    Thunderbolt/Thunder
    Bounce
    Rock Tomb/Revenge/Payback
    Bulldoze, Mud Shot, and Rock Tomb can be used to slow opponents.
    You understand Stunfisk's Attack is really bad? This set isnt very good as one could just switch out to get his speed back to normal. You dont have EVs or Nature either. And Quick Claw is luck-based, and doesnt always work.
    Other Setup
    Item: Cheri/Lum Berry/Quick Claw/Muscle Band
    Mud Bomb/Earthquake
    Thunderbolt/Thunder
    Bounce
    Muddy Water/Scald/Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    Same thing as before. Not a good set.
    Rock Slide, Stone Edge, or Rock Tomb can be used against Ice-Types.
    Bounce can be used against Grass-Types and can also paralyse opponents.
    Because of its slow speed, Revenge or Payback can do the trick.
    Bulldoze, Earthquake, Discharge are risky in multiple battles like Double and Triple.
    Muddy Water or Scald can be used against Ground-Types.

Counters:
    Although Stunfisk's Physical defenses are slightly weaker than its Special, its Static Ability, that can makes it a gamble for Physical attacks, requires you to focus on that ability over Limber. That's because that alot of moves that causes paralysis either Electric-Types that are canceled by Stunfisk's Ground-Type half or an attack that risk getting paralyses themselves by making contact.
    Don't use any water pokemon unless it has an ability or somthing that makes it unaffected by Electric-type attacks like Lanturn's Volt Absorb, Quagsire, Swampert, Whiscash, Gastrodon, and Seismitoad.
    Don't use a pokemon with Lightningrod ability like Seaking, Marowak, Manectric, Rhyperior, Zebstrika; if you have a pokemon with a Electric-type attack as a partners. Lightning Rod absorbs electric attack sand makes the pokemons Sp. Atk higher. its a good thing.
    Flygon, Claydol, Lunatone, Bronzong, Carnivine, Mow Rotom, and Hydregion are recommended pokemon with Levitate. LUNATONE CANT DO ANYTHING EVER
    Mamoswine, Abomasnow, Gliscor, Sand Cloak Wormadam, Torterra, Cradily, Ferrothorn, Electrivire & Zebstrika's Motor Drive, Pachirisu & Jolteon's Volt Absorb, and Magnet Rise can also be used at your own risk. Risk? Really?
    Research your pokemon mechanics bro.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Yeah, but it's still immune thanks to Static. At least I know so. Could I be wrong then? D:
    Static doesn't protect you from paralysis.

Stunfisk?
    I think I just fainted from happiness. I love this guy.

IT'S A TRAP!
    -Discharge/Thunder Wave
    -Scald
    -Pain Split
    -Earth Power/Thunderbolt/Toxic/Yawn
    Item: Lefties
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: I'll get to those in a sec.
    Calm Nature (-Atk, +SpDef) / Bold Nature (-Atk, +Def)

The point of this set is to annoy your opponents to no end. Thunder Wave guarantees Paralysis, but Discharge deals some damage and isn't stopped by Taunt, and it's 30% of paralysis isn't bad. For many pokemon, being paralyzed is VERY bad. Scald has a 30% chance of burning the opponent, something physical attackers will hate. Pain Split heals you at the expense of your opponent as long as they have higher HP. Healing move, defensive pokemon, you get the idea. The last move is typically an offensive move- Earth Power is a great move, especially if you chose Discharge as your paralyzing move. Thunderbolt is a good option if Thunder Wave is your paralyzing move. Toxic is nice if you just want to status everything in sight, breaking down other walls (In particular, High-HP walls like Chansey due to Pain Split). Yawn can force switches or sleep stuff, but is often inferior to the other status moves due to sleep clause. Calm/Bold nature is used over Sassy/Relaxed as, one, you don't have any physical moves and, two, leaving your speed intact lets you outspeed many paralyzed opponents, quite helpful in conjunction with Pain Split. Okay, now the EVs. Normally I'd say 252 HP and distribute the rest between the other two defensive stats, but that can be counterproductive in regards to Pain Split. If you think that Stunfisk's HP is already so high maxing it out won't change much, feel free to give it 252 HP and scatter the rest between the other two stats. On the contrary, if your paranoid about maximum Pain Split recovery, feel free to go with 6 HP and max out Def and SpDef (Or 6 SpAtk if you're REALLY paranoid).

Just DREAM of hitting it.
    -Mud Slap
    -Substitute/Scald
    -Pain Split
    -Toxic/Scald
    Ability: Sand Veil (DW)
    EVs and Nature:
    Calm Nature (-Atk, +SpDef) / Bold Nature (-Atk, +Def)
    EVs: Same debate as every Stunfisk with Pain Split.

So, this set utilizes Stunfisk's as yet unreleased DW Ability, Sand Veil, which raises it's accuracy in a Sandstorm. Obviously, this set is meant to be used in a SS team and, also somewhat obviously, it's a bit of a gimmick. Mud Slap lowers your opponent's accuracy, making it nigh impossible to hit it (Though you could run Double Team over it if you're not playing with Evasion Clause). While your opponent is missing you over and over, you can set up a Sub, meaning when they do hit you, they'll only be breaking your sub. Pain Split lets you heal up at your opponent's expense. The last move is for something to kill your opponent while they can't hit you. Toxic is the standard stall-you-to-death method, and works great coupled with the Sandstorm that should be raging. However, it leaves you completely at the mercy of Steel-types and Taunt. Scald comes with a nifty 30% burn chance, and the only type of pokemon that can't be burned are Fire-types (and pokemon with Water-veil)- Here's the thing- Fire types are weak to Water and Ground (Not that you should be depending on Mud Slap for damage), and are damaged by Sandstorm (So are Water Veil pokemon, for that matter).

Cursing your lack of Physical attack
    -Curse
    -Revenge/Pain Split/Sub
    -Payback/Toxic
    -Earthquake
    Ability: Static/Sand Veil (DW)
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpDef, 6Def/Atk.
    Sassy Nature (-Speed, +SpDef)

So. Curse lowers your abysmal speed, while boosting your somewhat lower defense and your pretty dire attack. Revenge and Payback both get stronger when you're slower than your opponent, and get near-perfect coverage with eachother. EQ is STAB, a great move in general, and gets perfect coverage with the other two. I think. Anyway, moving on to the alternatives. Fighting and Ground can have some pretty redundant coverage at times, so you may just want to run Pain Split over Revenge for recovery, or maybe Sub if you think you can pull it off. Dark and Ground get pretty good coverage, but if you decide to run a defensive move over Revenge, you could also replace Payback with Toxic to make an effective combo with your other defensive move and abuse the defense boosts you should rack up from Curse. Also, Toxic+EQ hits every pokemon other than Skarmory, Levitate Bronzong, and Poison Heal pokemon effectively. And you likely won't be seeing those in the lower tiers. Now, for the EVs, screw Pain Split efficiency. You want max HP and SpDef for getting the most out of Curse's defensive boost. The last 6 points can go in one of the stats Curse boosts. For your nature, something to make you even slower and make your unboosted SpDef even higher is the only option. If you have access to one from the DW, Sand Veil is the superior choice for evasion hax with sandstorm support, something that can be quite annoying alongside your defense boosts. Otherwise, Static is, as usual, typically the superior option, especially as a turn of paralysis hax gives you another turn to boost.

A Choice Flounder
    -Earth Power
    -Thunderbolt/Discharge
    -Surf/Scald
    -Hidden Power (Ice)/Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave/Pain Split/Yawn
    Item: Choice Specs/Expert Belt
    Ability: Static/Sand Veil (DW)
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpAtk, 6 Def/SpDef
    Modest Nature (-Atk, +SpAtk) / Quiet Nature (-Speed, +SpAtk)

Okay, this is the set where Stunfisk goes offensive. Odd, yes. Surprising, yes. Gimmicky, Hell yes. Earth Power is Ground STAB. Thunderbolt is your strongest Special electric move, and will typically be your go-to move. You could also use Discharge if you like the idea of Paralysis, though it is quite weaker than T-Bolt. Water moves is what makes Stunfisk stand out offensively compared to it's similarly typed brethren- The choice between Surf and Scald is much similar to the choice between T-Bolt and Discharge, power or added effect (in this case the effect is burn, however). For the last moveslot, you have a lot of choice. Please excuse the pun. HP Ice hits the Grass-types which otherwise wall you, and gets great coverage with your choice of electric move. Sludge Bomb or Wave is an interesting option, providing power much superior to HP Ice, but with less coverage. They still hit grasses super-effectively, but miss out on part poison ones. Sludge Wave is a tiny bit stronger, but Sludge Bomb has a much higher chance to poison. If you want to be really gimmicky, you can run Pain Split or Yawn. When utilizing a Choice Specs, Pain Split nabs you healing, but typically forces you to switch afterwards. Yawn has the interesting condition of forcing a double switch when used on a Choice set. Also running of of those two moves could be used to trick your opponent into thinking you're running a different set. Actually, an Expert Belt could be run over a Choice Specs for this set, especially if you're running HP Ice. For the EVs, you want to max out SpAtk and HP, no questions asked. The extra goes in a defensive stat for a little more bulk, and because you have nowhere else worthwhile to put it. For the Nature, Modest works, especially if you're running Discharge. Otherwise, Quiet works better, as it allows Stunfisk to preform quite well under TR. If you have access to the DW, Sand Veil is typically the superior option, blablabla.

Gimmickfisk
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Toxic
    -Earth Power
    Ability: Limber/Sand Veil (DW)
    EVs and Natures:
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 (Sp)Def/129 Def,129 SpDef
    Calm Nature (-Atk, +SpDef), Bold Nature (-Atk, +Def)

Just when you think it can't get any more gimmicky, it does. Toxic stuff, heal, stall. Earth Power lets you hurt most things that can't be Toxiced. Sand Veil is preferred as the ability, but if you can't get it, go with Limber. You can't afford to have Static paralyze things you need to Toxic. Max HP, divvy up the rest between your defensive stats. The nature is something that raises one of your defensive stats. There isn't really much else that can be said.

Maximum OverGimmick
    -Mud Slap/Double Team
    -Spite
    -Pain Split
    -Substitute
    Ability: Sand Veil (DW)/Static
    EVs and Natures:
    EVs: Pain Split debate goes here.
    Calm/Bold/Sassy/Relaxed Nature (-Atk/Speed, +Def/SpDef)

I'm pretty sure this is as gimmicky as Stunfisk can go. Remember the Just Dream of Hitting it set? This functions under the same principle of Sand Veil abuse. Double Team is slashed in because this set is MUCH less effective without it. So, don't use this set under Evasion clause. Actually, you might not want to use this set at all, but let's disregard that. You increase your evasion, hide behind a Substitute, heal up with Pain Split, and continue to boost and waste your opponent's PP. To speed up the PP wasting process, you've got Spite, which subtracts 4 PP from your opponent's last used move every time you use it. Your opponent may just ragequit, and, even if they don't, this set has the potential to heavily cripple their team before it goes down. On the note of crippling, you could run Static over Sand Veil if you really want to, but the parahax actually kinda works against you.

Counters:
    GRASS-TYPES. No matter the set, a good Poison/Grass typically causes issues for Stunfisk. If Stunfisk doesn't carry a poison move, pure Grasses wall him insanely. Torterra in particular causes issues, being immune to Paralysis and other electric moves and resisting Ground, leaving most Stunfisk's only option against him unSTABed water moves. Torterra also hits Stunfisk on their lower physical defense with powerful STAB Super Effective moves such as EQ and Wood Hammer. Just avoid burn, and you should be okay. Toxic causes most Stunfisk major issues. Only RestTalk ones don't mind it. In fact, many Physical Ground-types can murder Stunfisk, they just have to watch out for water moves. But Stunfisk is so slow you should be able to KO it first. Natural Cure pokemon laugh at Stunfisk's attempts to status them, and are typically grasses who type trump Stunfisk. If Stunfisk doesn't carry a offensive electric move, Flying-types can pose problems, ESPECIALLY Mantine. Mantine is immune to ground, and their choice of ability makes them immune to either water or burn, rendering Stunfisk's water moves useless. In addition, Mantine is specially defensive, making them quite helpful. But, er, don't use them unless you KNOW Stunfisk doesn't have electric moves. 4x effectiveness hurts (Though Mantine can survive an electric move from any set other than the Choice one). You know what, most Physical Super Effective moves should lay the smack down on Stunfisk. Earthquake, Wood Hammer, Icicle Crash, Waterfall. Out of those four, the most effective by far would be EQ. So basically any physical attacker with EQ should do pretty good. In short, Toxic and EQ, ironically enough, together spell the end for most Stunfisk sets.

Even more gimmicky options:
    Bulldoze - Lowers speed. Maybe on a... Er... Choice Band set? No. Don't.
    Yawn - Is actually a pretty good move. I just couldn't find a set to slot it into. But it's certainly one of Stunfisk's better options. Most logical Stunfisk sets stand to gain from it.
    Camouflage - Stunfisk's unique type is one of it's few advantages. Don't get rid of it. But being weak to only fighting isn't bad. But Blissey does it better.
    Flail - Well, Endure+Flail usually warrants some sort of set. But Stunfisk has, like, NO boosting moves. And it's speed is so dire it'll be dead the turn after Endure. And it's Physical attack isn't good enough.
    Fissure - If you're playing, like, without any clauses, you could mimic the Battle Tower and run Quick Claw+Fissure. I guess.
    Dig/Protect - Stalling moves which you don't have room for. Next!
    Flash - Could be used over Mud Slap for MUCH more PP on either Evasion abuse set.
    Stone Edge - See Bulldoze's mention of a heaven forsaken Choice Band set.

Doubles/Triples:
    Discharge, EQ, Surf, Muddy Water, Sludge Wave, Immunity to Discharge, Stunfisk could most certainly do worse. However, a weakness to EQ and Surf itself makes it an unlikely choice.

Partners:
    If you have Sand Veil, someone with Sand Stream. Hippopotas, Hippowdon, even Tyranitar if you want to go OU. Water/Flying types make a good partner for Stunfisk, sporting an immunity to Ground, a resistance to Water, and neutrality to Grass and Ice. Stunfisk pays them back by resisting Rock and being Immune to Electricity. And the trend of pokemon teaming up will with pokemon that counter them continues with Grass-types, who resist all of Stunfisk's weaknesses other than Ice, which they are also weak to. And ones with Natural Cure, part-poison ones or Poison Heal pokemon can happily take Toxic attacks aimed at Stunfisk. Pokemon which can benefit from Stunfisk's penchant for spreading statuses are a fabulous choice, so pokemon that can stat up on a sleeping or burned attacker can do nicely, as well as middling speed pokemon which appreciate Paralysis. Stunfisk also appreciates Wish passers, as it's only option for recovery is Pain Split.

It's a bit of a shame Stunfisk doesn't get Volt Switch- Yawn+A slow Volt Switch would of been a powerful combo.
    "Open your mouth too wide, and your ears close."

Do you wish you could do things like in the anime?
    Do you wish you could dodge behind a rock to avoid an attack?
    Do you wish that you could use the arena to stop your opponents cold?
    If you answered yes to any of those questions, the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League could be for you!

I like this set as well.

Crofisk

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Static
    Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
    252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
    Curse
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Earthquake/Stone Edge/*insert physical move bar Bounce and Spark*

Remember Crocune? This is Crofisk. ResTalking may seem like a bad idea with the sleep mechanics, but it is actually still viable. Curse makes you practically invincible after a few turns, and Rest+Sleep Talk is recovery. The last move allows you to actually hurt stuff. I've KOd half an OU team with this.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    That's because you have to use a Love Ball, and a Respect Ball. Just trying to force yourself into their life by throwing balls in their face doesn't work.

Default Yawn-fish

I haven't seen too many sets with yawn on it, so that'll be my contribution:

Modest/Quiet nature (+SAtk,-Atk/+SAtk,-Spd)
    Ability: Static EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 SDef, 4 Def
    Item: Focusband
    - Earthpower
    - Thunderbolt
    - Scald/Surf/Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
    - Yawn

I personally don't think that Stunfisk would work well at all as a defensive pokemon - it's stats are great, but it's typing has a lot of weaknessess. I'm not sure if Pain Split works well on it, as it has such a large HP stat.

No, I'd use it offensively and just hope that it's bulky stats let it take a hit or two. On a trick room team, it'd fit right in, tho! So, use Quiet if you've a trick room pkmn, otherwise run modest.

Yawn is a great pseudo-haze option, and with a focus item, it'd let you take a strong hit so you could get rid of a counter. You have to breed for Earthpower, why not grab Yawn while you're at it?

For EVs, obviously Special attack is a priority, and I'd want to put the rest into special defence, as that's how you'd likely be targeted (grass,water,ice weaknesses). Stunfisk already has a great HP, and you could potentially cripple a physical attacker if you run Scald - 30% chance of burn.

So, use Yawn to make an opponent run, then use scald to try and burn the switch-in. And you have your STAB moves to wreck everything else with
    Last edited by Whim88; 3rd October 2011 at 7:37 AM. Reason: meant 'quiet' instead of 'sassy'

AWWWWW YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Curse of the Awesomeness
    Stunfisk@Leftovers
    Sassy nature
    Static
    252 HP/252 Sp. Def/4 Def
    ~Curse
    ~Earthquake
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Revenge/Payback

Laugh all you want, you won't be laughing long once this thing sets up. Finally, we're doing Stunfisk, one of the more awesome pieces of sheer *bleep*ing awesomeness that Generation V has bestowed upon us. Stunfisk's stats are a far cry from uber material, I won't deny. But the fact remains that it is still blessed with nice HP and Special Defense. Full investment in said stats can have some truly jaw-dropping results. I've run this set on PO, and it's survived, among other things, a Hydro Pump from a Scarf Politoed, in the rain. Its natural special bulk allows it time to set up a Curse or two, after which that STAB Earthquake will be tearing **** up. Stone Edge goes well with Earthquake for the dreaded EdgeQuake combo, resisted by few. The last move is up to you, and both of them benefit from Curse's stat alterations. Payback is a good option, but I have personally benefited more from Revenge.

Item is Stunfisk's only means of HP recovery. Ability may seem counterproductive if you're running Payback, but after a Curse or two, even paralyzed foes will be outspeeding Stunfisk.

An Awesome Specs-tacle
    Stunfisk@Choice Specs
    Modest/Quiet nature
    Static/Limber
    252 HP/252 Sp. Atk/4 Def
    ~Earth Power
    ~Thunderbolt/Thunder
    ~Sludge Wave
    ~Surf/Scald

Stunfisk sports a better Special Attack than Attack, and has a rather decent movepool with which to abuse it. Earth Power is for STAB, and so is the second move. Thunderbolt is more reliable normally, but given the popularity of rain teams in OU (and it's not as insane a move as you might think to use Stunfisk in OU; I speak from experience), you might as well run Thunder. Sludge Wave takes care of those pesky Grass-types, and Surf is just for extra coverage and stuff. It can be replaced with Scald to potentially increase Stunfisk's bulk. Also benefits from potential rain. If you want, you can go with Quiet and Limber, and use Stunfisk on a Trick Room team.

Item is obvious. The ability depends on Stunfisk's role. If you're running it on a Trick Room team, Static would be counterproductive- we wouldn't want to make the opponent's Pokémon slower than ours in Trick Room conditions, now would we?

ResTalkFisk
    Stunfisk@Leftovers
    Sassy nature
    Static
    252 HP/252 Sp. Def/4 Def
    ~Curse
    ~Payback/Rock Slide
    ~Rest
    ~Sleep Talk

This Stunfisk boasts a bit more survivability than its Curse + 3 attacks counterpart, at the cost of some coverage. Rest and Sleep Talk remains as potent a combination as ever, and with Sleep Talk losing TM status, Stunfisk is one of the few Generation V Pokémon that can pull it off. Curse up to increase Defense and Attack, Rest off damage and status, and Sleep Talk to potentially damage the foe. Payback and Rock Slide are chosen because nothing's immune to them, and Stone Edge has too few PP for such a tank-esque set. Payback is preferred, but you can opt for Rock Slide if you live in fear of a Terrakion switching in and gaining a Justified boost.

Item is obvious. Ability can troll opponents massively, and Stunfisk can Rest off paralysis anyway.

Other options:
    *Spark would be a tempting option on the Curse set, were it not illegal with Curse.
    *Pain Split is an interesting option for recovery, but Stunfisk can't really afford to miss the additional coverage Revenge provides.

Abilities:
    *Static: Might paralyze opponents that use contact moves. Extremely useful, even on sets that require Stunfisk to be slower than its opposition. Supportive for the whole team. Saved my *** on more than one occasion.
    *Limber: Prevents paralysis. Very, very gimmicky on Stunfisk. Only use in situations where you don't want to paralyze opponents with Static. Stunfisk is immune already to the popular Thunder Wave, and Glare users are few and far between. Besides, Stunfisk is already so slow, paralysis is hardly an issue.
    *Sand Veil: Stunfisk's Hidden Ability. Not actually available on Stunfisk at the moment, but could prove useful, allowing it additional set-up time on a sand team. Or against one.

Partners:
    Spring for something with Heal Bell, Aromatherapy, or Safeguard, because status ruins Stunfisk, especially the Curse + 3 attacks set. Not the RestTalk set, though. Conkeldurr is your friend, as the prevalence of Guts Conkeldurr discourages the experienced player from using status inducers, and proves disastrous for the newbies who have yet to conduct or fall victim to a Guts'd Conkeldurr sweep.

Counters:
    STAB Specs Water moves in the rain will put a major dent in Stunfisk. A Scarf Politoed's Hydro Pump in the rain won't OHKO, but it will do noticeable damage. Also effective; physical attacks before Curse can be used.

Opinion:
    Stunfisk is hugely underrated, which has proven the downfall of more than one PO trainer unlucky enough to cross paths with moi.

Also, to give an example or two of what Stunfisk is truly capable of, here's a few excerpts from recent battles I had.

Code:
    Missingno. Master sent out Stunfisk!
    Fultix sent out Tyranitar!
    The foe's Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
    Fultix: LMAO
    Fultix: DERP

Start of turn 1
    The foe's Tyranitar used Dragon Dance!
    The foe's Tyranitar's Attack rose!
    The foe's Tyranitar's Speed rose!

Stunfisk used Curse!
    Stunfisk's Attack rose!
    Stunfisk's Defense rose!
    Stunfisk's Speed fell!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 2
    The foe's Tyranitar used Crunch!
    Stunfisk lost 213 HP! (50% of its health)
    The foe's Tyranitar is hurt by its Life Orb!

Stunfisk used Revenge!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's Tyranitar lost 90% of its health!
    The foe's Tyranitar fainted!
    Code:
    The sandstorm rages!
    Missingno. Master sent out Stunfisk!

TroyBeasts sent out Infernape!

Start of turn 6
    The foe's Infernape used Stealth Rock!
    Pointed stones float in the air around Missingno. Master's team!

Stunfisk used Curse!
    Stunfisk's Attack rose!
    Stunfisk's Defense rose!
    Stunfisk's Speed fell!

The sandstorm rages!
    The foe's Infernape is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 7
    The foe's Infernape used Overheat!
    Stunfisk lost 156 HP! (36% of its health)
    The foe's Infernape's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
    The foe's Infernape is hurt by its Life Orb!

Stunfisk used Earthquake!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's Infernape lost 83% of its health!
    The foe's Infernape fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
    Stunfisk restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
    TroyBeasts sent out Gyarados!

Start of turn 8
    The foe's Gyarados used Waterfall!
    It's super effective!
    Stunfisk lost 258 HP! (61% of its health)
    Stunfisk's Static activates!
    The foe's Gyarados is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
    The foe's Gyarados is hurt by its Life Orb!

Stunfisk used Stone Edge!
    It's super effective!
    A critical hit!
    The foe's Gyarados lost 61% of its health!
    The foe's Gyarados fainted!

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

thats it, i lost all respect for the serebii POTW, this is just ********

I chase the dream, not the competition.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast