View Poll Results: What do you think of the game?

Voters
282. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it!

182 64.54%
  • I like it

65 23.05%
  • It looks ok

23 8.16%
  • I dont like it

6 2.13%
  • I hate it!

6 2.13%
Page 64 of 153 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3821

Thread: Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Had my title change to Bob-omb Ace, so I feel like a boss B)

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    What character and wheels go well with the Blue Seven? I tried Shy Guy and Slim but I seem to come near last so I need some other good combo's including the Blue Seven.
    Just to let you know, the Blue Seven is almost like the Gherkin but with less acceleration and more weight (only a bit). But here are wheels anyway for your Blue Seven:

Feather weight- Mushroom, sponge, wooden, normal.

Medium weight- Red monster, slim, sponge, wooden.

Crusader weight- Roller, slim, wooden, red monster.

Heavy weight- Roller, wooden, red monster.

These are in order from best to worst in my opinion.

Okay, I still believe there are hackers and these 3 reasons are why:

1- I was coming first in Melody Motorway and someone behind me fell off the piano, making me come first by FAR. Suddenly the person that fell off the piano came right in front of me with no falling from the sky, no recovery and out of the blue ahead of me. They even randomly came in front of me on the map on the bottom screen as well.

2- I came first in Melody Motorway and then I came up second on the results with the person who came second on first place on the results page. I quit after that.

3- I was watching a race before mine (where you watch someone race and it says live on the top left corner) and the person I was watching boosted into the grass and suddenly appeared at the entrance of the mansion.

I swear there is no buffering involved here because these people come out of nowhere.

Mighty Arceus, you might want to edit your posts. Plus, I'm sorry to say that your evidence, whilst nicely compiled, is hard to believe considering that you are the lone preacher in this hacking conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Abagoora View Post
    Oh, you would love to race me then.
    Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    I also brake if I'm in first and someone tries to blue shell me. If I seem them get the item pull outta first, if it's too late I pull next to the second place driver.
    A driver with true skill needn't be feel so threatened by the blue shell, as items shouldn't play such a huge dynamic in their success, non?

Take for example, I was just on Dino Dino Jungle (Wi-Fi) and I was hit by a Blue Shell twice, yet both times my position wasn't affected. A driver who can't take a Blue Shell is basically confirming that they lack the skill to retain or retake their position. Or they're simply a pussy, so to speak.

Anyway, I hate to seem like a VR elitist but based on two full races I've been in on the Wuhu Mountain Loop...

Average VR's around 5000-6000: 6 people used the glitch
    VR's are 8000+ : 3 people used the glitch
    Last edited by Geekachu; 31st December 2011 at 1:57 AM.
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post

1- I was coming first in Melody Motorway and someone behind me fell off the piano, making me come first by FAR. Suddenly the person that fell off the piano came right in front of me with no falling from the sky, no recovery and out of the blue ahead of me. They even randomly came in front of me on the map on the bottom screen as well.

2- I came first in Melody Motorway and then I came up second on the results with the person who came second on first place on the results page. I quit after that.

3- I was watching a race before mine (where you watch someone race and it says live on the top left corner) and the person I was watching boosted into the grass and suddenly appeared at the entrance of the mansion.

I swear there is no buffering involved here because these people come out of nowhere.
    Let me put you at ease.

This game has a special kind of lag that doesn't force anybody to stop for a brief second. In fact, what you're witnessing is people racing on their tracks with their characters being close to ghosts in your perspective, since the lag you and they are going through is information trying hard to update with the environment (almost nobody mind this, mind you). This can be a bit maddening when the character next to you isn't getting hit with the Tanooki Tail you're using since they're not really there. You need to time your hits for that. You can only hit them if they do get an item box and break it right in front of you. If they passed through one and yet the box is there, that means lag was at play. FURTHERMORE, it's completely impractical and suicidal to just fall down and appear on the track in a split second.

Stop saying everyone is a hacker. The damn system it's incredibly impossible to hack.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 31st December 2011 at 2:12 AM.

Lag, lag and lag. The 3DS isn't hacked, Mario Kart isn't hacked, there are no cheats, there are no hackers, what else do we have to say for you to finally understand?

Btw, there are no hackers.

P.S.: no hacks.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

I did my first online race today and it was really fun even though I never got better than 3rd. It was fun playing with people from france and other countries.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Let me put you at ease.

This game has a special kind of lag that doesn't force anybody to stop for a brief second. In fact, what you're witnessing is people racing on their tracks with their characters being close to ghosts in your perspective, since the lag you and they are going through is information trying hard to update with the environment (almost nobody mind this, mind you). This can be a bit maddening when the character next to you isn't getting hit with the Tanooki Tail you're using since they're not really there. You need to time your hits for that. You can only hit them if they do get an item box and break it right in front of you. If they passed through one and yet the box is there, that means lag was at play. FURTHERMORE, it's completely impractical and suicidal to just fall down and appear on the track in a split second.

Stop saying everyone is a hacker. The damn system it's incredibly impossible to hack.
    I didn't know that about the item boxes o.o I just thought some stayed and some got broken.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Quote Originally Posted by natie View Post
    Lag, lag and lag. The 3DS isn't hacked, Mario Kart isn't hacked, there are no cheats, there are no hackers, what else do we have to say for you to finally understand?

Btw, there are no hackers.

P.S.: no hacks.
    Lag barely explains some of the **** I've seen. It is essentially cheating anyway to play when you know you have severe lag.

OK, I won't post anymore about the Wi-Fi lag. Anyway, happy new year!

During one of my races, I found someone called Reggie who's Mini looks like the Nintendo president of America and comes from America. They played well but I don't believe that I raced him as it's probably one of those people who like to race as a famous person. I got those people a lot on MK Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Lag barely explains some of the **** I've seen. It is essentially cheating anyway to play when you know you have severe lag.
    So you're saying people who can't afford fast internet shouldn't be allowed to play the game? You're a douche.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

So you're saying people who can't afford fast internet shouldn't be allowed to play the game? You're a douche.
    That's a little harsh, it's quite annoying when you think you've come first, but it's lag and you're second.

I actually quite like it when people lag and you constantly see them falling off the course and then being back on. The only times I've experienced lag on myself was when I was 2nd and actually ended up 1st (probably due to lag). (:

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    A driver with true skill needn't be feel so threatened by the blue shell, as items shouldn't play such a huge dynamic in their success, non?

Take for example, I was just on Dino Dino Jungle (Wi-Fi) and I was hit by a Blue Shell twice, yet both times my position wasn't affected. A driver who can't take a Blue Shell is basically confirming that they lack the skill to retain or retake their position. Or they're simply a pussy, so to speak.
    It's fine if you don't approve of it. I only do it when someone is close behind me, so they end up getting hit by the blast radius. I don't do it when I have a mushroom though, would that get more respect out of you?

Speaking of Blue Shells what is the timing for either boosting away from them or hitting them with the tail?
    They are the most persistent things

Yesterday I was playing online and I was in 5th place. Well luckily, someone got a blue shell behind me and it hit the person in 4th place which I passed, than it exploded on the person in 1st along with the people in 2nd and 3rd, and I just passed them winning the race in 1st place.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Lol. My kart right now is the B-dasher with slick tires. I'm trying to get the ghastly glider, but right now i'm using the standard. I need some help with coin farming. Does anyone know of one with any people in it?

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Speaking of Blue Shells what is the timing for either boosting away from them or hitting them with the tail?
    Boosting should be done right when the blue shell is about to drop down on you. Never tried hitting them with the tail.

It's called "lag."

EDIT: Never mind. The subject got dropped.

Anyways, hopping on the topic of Coin Farming, I just go the the Mushroom Cup 150cc, and collect every Coin without racing, for they count no matter what place you come in.
    3DS Updated FC: 4640-0105-8945
    On Kid Icarus: Uprising I am *AuraSp*

Boosting should be done right when the blue shell is about to drop down on you. Never tried hitting them with the tail.
    I guess I just have the timing off, just have to keep trying.
    I'm pretty sure it's possible to get rid of it with the tail, but the timing might be even more strict.

Unlocked a pretty special kart today

Quote Originally Posted by Abagoora View Post
    that get more respect out of you?
    yeeeaah

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's possible to get rid of it with the tail, but the timing might be even more strict.
    If you're talking about the Tanooki Tail, it isn't. If you've activated the tail and are going to be hit by the Blue Shell, your tail will automatically disappear before the shell crashes down on you.

With the Mushroom, the timing is pretty close. You've just got to keep a close eye on the shell. Your best bet is waiting for the shell to spin around above you (before it crashes down) and use it before it stops spinning.

On the subject of timing, I've slowly been improving at getting the boost after getting dropped down by Lakitu. I could do it on the Wii no problem, I just find it so darn difficult on this one.
    Running for the thrill of it

Perhaps it's just me, but whenever I play single player on Airship Fortress, and someone launches a blue shell while first place is in the tower, the blue shell just flies around randomly as if confused before finally making its way to the player several moments later. Has anyone else encountered this?

Unlocked a pretty special kart today
    Is it any good?

I noticed that too, the Blue Shell will hang around certain places in some courses for a few seconds. I don't know why it does it in Airship Fortress, but in Wuhu Loop and Daisy Cruiser it serves a purpose, in Wuhu Loop it will hang around near the end of where the 3 pillars are, (the ones with the boost pad on the first pillar) some people might think they can outsmart the Blue Shell and fall off the road in that area, hoping it will pass them and be gone when they are back on the road, but since it hangs it will be waiting for them when they are back on the road, or it will hit the next person in the race instead.

Same for Daisy Cruiser, it hangs near the mouth of the horn (the part you come out of if you take the under water path) waiting for someone that comes out from the under water path. One time I took the under water path with a Blue Shell coming for me, it did not follow me, it went the normal route instead so I was safe til it went around the whole course again. (I was on the final lap) I think the Blue Shell can't take the under water path for some reason, but I can't test this well due to conditions being specific for it to work. I know the Blue Shell more than likely will pass you if you go the under water path before it locks on to you. (I was under water by the time it was at the doorway coming from the dining room area.)

I don't know of any other courses the Blue Shell hangs at certain places, but there might be more.

On the subject of timing, I've slowly been improving at getting the boost after getting dropped down by Lakitu. I could do it on the Wii no problem, I just find it so darn difficult on this one.
    You find it difficult? I could always do it no problem. :|

There's a way to dodge Blue Shell's? How? It's annoying when I get hit by them.

EDIT: Geekachu, You unlocked the Gold Kart? xD
    Last edited by PokeTrainerJay; 1st January 2012 at 1:35 PM.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Page 64 of 153 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast