View Poll Results: What do you think of the game?

Voters
282. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it!

182 64.54%
  • I like it

65 23.05%
  • It looks ok

23 8.16%
  • I dont like it

6 2.13%
  • I hate it!

6 2.13%
Page 13 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    It's actually stated in Brawl that it's a he, iirc.
    Birdo is a boy that identifies as a girl. Been that way since SMB2/SMUSA

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    She* Birdo is female.
    Oh my, you are misinformed.

Birdo was referred to as female in just a few English versions of N64 era games, preumably to be conservative. He was always male in Japan and in recent games he's referred to as either he, it, or they'll use tongue-in-cheek humor ala Superstars Saga.

Birdo is all man.

Let's drop the talk about Birdo before this thread gets locked.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I got to play a demo of this today, although not for very long.

It mostly seems the same as the older games, although getting sparks on drift is harder. The demo was set to 2 laps instead of three, and there were coins lying around for seemingly no reason.

The graphics were excellant, although the game seemed very easy: I picked up a copy someone had left running for quite a while, and despite being behind the whole first lap, I moved up to fourth in the second lap. Items were less varied too, even in last I got nothing but triple mushroom, not a bullet bill, superstar or mega mushroom in sight.

Sorry if none of this is new, I haven't been paying attention to news on Mario Kart.
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    The graphics were excellant, although the game seemed very easy: I picked up a copy someone had left running for quite a while, and despite being behind the whole first lap, I moved up to fourth in the second lap. Items were less varied too, even in last I got nothing but triple mushroom, not a bullet bill, superstar or mega mushroom in sight.
    Since it was just a demo, the items would have been intentionally limited, probably.
    Running for the thrill of it

Also Mega Mushrooms are no longer in the game, anyway.

It may be easy, but the ability to switch the racing standing without overpowered items is more fun.

Did you try the underwater/flying levels?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    It may be easy, but the ability to switch the racing standing without overpowered items is more fun.

Did you try the underwater/flying levels?
    Yeah, I did two laps of each.

It wasn't ground breaking, but there were a couple of moments were I forgot water wasn't bottomless and I thought "aw craaaa... oh yeah".

There were some parts where you could choose between an air route or a standard route.
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    I got to play a demo of this today, although not for very long.

It mostly seems the same as the older games, although getting sparks on drift is harder. The demo was set to 2 laps instead of three, and there were coins lying around for seemingly no reason.

Sorry if none of this is new, I haven't been paying attention to news on Mario Kart.
    lucky! i cant wait to play this game, i made my mother pre order it for me but...what exactly is the mega mushroom? i only have mkds, soo.....yea...
    3DS friend code:
    4897-6091-2809
    IGN: Magnicth

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    You check your mail, and you have a letter from that neighbor, with a gift. And you know what it is? It's a ****ing apple, because they aren't native to your town, but you already have apple a bunch of apples!
    I have claimed Relicanth!!!

^credit to PKMNrookie for the userbar!^

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOverlord777 View Post
    lucky! i cant wait to play this game, i made my mother pre order it for me but...what exactly is the mega mushroom? i only have mkds, soo.....yea...
    An item in MKWii that made you giant.

You could get faster and crush any opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    An item in MKWii that made you giant.

You could get faster and crush any opponents.

:O oh, like the one in new super mario bros. for the ds....i wish that powerup was in mkds....and in the new one....
    3DS friend code:
    4897-6091-2809

You check your mail, and you have a letter from that neighbor, with a gift. And you know what it is? It's a ****ing apple, because they aren't native to your town, but you already have apple a bunch of apples!

New characters http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3...t_7?start=1060........

Scroll down.
    Last edited by MonkeyX; 30th October 2011 at 4:36 AM.

Somebody as shallow as the Queen Bee from Super Mario Galaxy got to be a character? That's quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Somebody as shallow as the Queen Bee from Super Mario Galaxy got to be a character? That's quite interesting.
    The bee being a character ticks me off, nintendo just throws in a random minor character and ignores real characters. E. Gadd, Fawful, heck even a Pianta would have been much better choice than the bee.

hmmm....strange picks for characters, though i cant wait to see how well they play....though i would rather have petey piranha or kamek, but wiggler and honey queen are good enough.
    3DS friend code:
    4897-6091-2809

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyx View Post
    The bee being a character ticks me off, nintendo just throws in a random minor character and ignores real characters. E. Gadd, Fawful, heck even a Pianta would have been much better choice than the bee.
    Eh, I don't mind. This just proves that Nintendo does the most unexpected of things, and I quite frankly like the idea. Now imagine if this were to foreshadow SSB4 character selection.

And let's leave it there for SSB4 before this thread gets locked.

Huh, I just realized that there could be chance of this game getting DLC. We might some awesome new characters after all. Nintendo did recently say they were going to start selling downloadable content. *Crosses fingers for fawful*

Well, I actually kind of expected Wiggler. It's a popular enemy type and even showed up in Mario Tennis.

Queen Bee seems to be our pre-requisite "no one saw coming" character. What an odd choice; I was legitimately hoping for Checkpoint Pig : (
    Fawful was pretty much never going to get it.

If I had to guess, Queen Bee == Heavy, Wiggler == Medium (at the very least, not Small).

Metal Mario and Queen Bee are in, but spinoff regulars like Waluigi, Birdo, Toadette, and Bowser Jr are gone? WTF, Nintendo?!
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    Metal Mario and Queen Bee are in, but spinoff regulars like Waluigi, Birdo, Toadette, and Bowser Jr are gone? WTF, Nintendo?!
    Now I dare to ask: Did they say they are gone?

They might be unlockables they don't feel like showing.

Also...in retrospect Queen Bee kind of makes sense: the bee kart is probably her "signature".

Either secret characters or the possibility of having them as DLC in the future.

Anyway, Wiggler wasn't surprising, but for Queen Bee, it was. I'll try out as her once.
    Last edited by Vipsoccermaster; 30th October 2011 at 9:33 AM.

DLC would look wrong for this title judging how it didn't really matter (much) the characters you unlocked through conventional means. And if Waluigi ended up as DLC, that'd enrage people.

DLC would look right, however, if it would really give totally new stuff. But I'm not counting of them doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Now I dare to ask: Did they say they are gone?
    The Japanese website shows 16 characters; the two not officially revealed (Wiggler and Queen Bee) are represented by "?" boxes.

If other characters were in, why wouldn't they add more "?" boxes?
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

The Japanese website shows 16 characters; the two not officially revealed (Wiggler and Queen Bee) are represented by "?" boxes.

If other characters were in, why wouldn't they add more "?" boxes?
    Because they don't want to show them?
    Mario Kart Wii did the same thing.

Page 13 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast