View Poll Results: What do you think of the game?

Voters
282. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it!

182 64.54%
  • I like it

65 23.05%
  • It looks ok

23 8.16%
  • I dont like it

6 2.13%
  • I hate it!

6 2.13%
Page 78 of 153 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3821

Thread: Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Quote Originally Posted by XD Mewtwo View Post
    This was taken straight from the Prima Mario Kart 7 Guide book. This info has been around since December.
    You... didn't really buy a guide for Mario Kart, did you?

Yeah... but who sits down and tries to build the ultimate kart combo, trying to factorise each stat and its reprocussions, figuring out how it fairs in land, sea and air. I care about stats, I'll admit that, but I dont try and plan it all out in fine detail. I just look for my big 3; Speed, Acceleration and Handling, Just generic good stats in those. Guide book? I would'nt want to waste my money on something that says "win that race, and that one and that cup" and tells you how to unlock things, all which plus more are on guess what...     Spoiler:- ...:
    Last edited by The Joker.; 28th January 2012 at 11:33 PM.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

Yeah, I'm pretty much like that. As long as it has good speed and acceleration it's grand for me. I like good handling, but I still use the Slicks regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    You... didn't really buy a guide for Mario Kart, did you?
    No, I did not buy the guide book.

Quote Originally Posted by Superior Snivy View Post
    Yeah... but who sits down and tries to build the ultimate kart combo, trying to factorise each stat and its reprocussions, figuring out how it fairs in land, sea and air. I care about stats, I'll admit that, but I dont try and plan it all out in fine detail. I just look for my big 3; Speed, Acceleration and Handling, Just generic good stats in those. Guide book? I would'nt want to waste my money on something that says "win that race, and that one and that cup" and tells you how to unlock things, all which plus more are on guess what...     Spoiler:- ...:
    I guess now would be a bad time to say I was making an excel spreadsheet that has all possible character and kart combinations including hidden stats.

I don't obsess over all this stuff. Despite knowing a lot about the game, I doubt I will change from Yoshi/Soda Jet/Mushroom Wheels/Swooper.
    3DS FC: 2062-9321-2774

Oh, and Prima guides suck. They lack all the good info.

Like in their Emerald guide. Surskit is rare to catch close to the second town. Pages later, it blatanty says it can only be traded from another game. And the SSBB guide does a poor job rating characters from 0 to 10 (none of them gets a 10). It's just like maximizing Ninja to fight a boss in FFV.

I'm just going to plop into this thread and ask a simple question of what differentiates star ratings in Grand Prix? I got all 3 stars my first time through all of 50cc and 100cc, same on Mushroom Cup for 150cc, I get to Flower and Star cups and get 2 stars. I've rectified the Flower Cup rating to three, but now I've played twice on Star Cup and gotten 2 stars both times. In each race I'm getting first every time, in fact I strive for nothing less, but all I'm basing it on as of now is a performance difference.

Wow I never really took much of an interest in stats. Of course I made sure it had high Speed, Acceleration and Handling but didn't know about the 0.75 thing. Tbh as long as it looks cool and has good stats, I don't really mind.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Somebody earlier in the thread explained 3 star requirements:

30 coins,
    40 points,
    Can't fall more than three times (?),
    Something I can't remember....

2 Gold cups in 50cc Mushroom and shell. Then got 2nd in Lets race online.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Somebody earlier in the thread explained 3 star requirements:

30 coins,
    40 points,
    Can't fall more than three times (?),
    Something I can't remember....
    It's generally just that you have to do well overall. As long as you come first in every race, and spend most of the races in first you'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    2 Gold cups in 50cc Mushroom and shell. Then got 2nd in Lets race online.
    uh what

Quote Originally Posted by XD Mewtwo View Post
    There are actually 3 kinds of gliders. Here are the differences in gliders.
    These glider stats are actually pretty accurate in the way that they group the gliders together.

If you notice from playing, gliders as such as the Ghastly Glider and the Gold Glider allow you to go fast through the air, whereas others as such as the Peach Parasol and the Flower Glider will allow you to glide higher, which is convenient for tracks as such as Mushroom Gorge and Dino Dino Jungle.

Try it out, and I'm sure you'll find the same. Gliders aren't just a simple matter of aesthetic choice, they also define how you can play the glider sections.

But apart from that, Prima Guides are pretty rubbish. I got one for FRLG and, for some reason, they spelt 'Onix' as 'Onyx', and their suggestions for type match-ups were a bit dubious. I got a different kind of guide for DP, which was excellent. Anyway, I digress.
    Running for the thrill of it

I kinda wish the game had a track dedicated to gliding, it's cool feature and could of been expaned on. I think Rainbow Road has the bigest gliding sections(or that rock place). It'd be cool to have a track with like %80 gliding lol. The same with underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    I kinda wish the game had a track dedicated to gliding, it's cool feature and could of been expaned on. I think Rainbow Road has the bigest gliding sections(or that rock place). It'd be cool to have a track with like %80 gliding lol. The same with underwater.
    I agree, a nice long glider track would have been nice but underwater has been taken care of by cheep cheep cape and warios galleon.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

You can see the difference in Gliders. The Super and Ghastly Gliders are fast in the air but really hard to handle. The Swooper and Parafoil are average on both which is good and Peach Parasol and Flower Glider are good for handling but not really speed.

Also, How does Weight effect things? I thought the less weight, The faster you'd glide in the air and maybe the more faster you go overall. But does it effect anything else?

I though weight affected the distance you go off a ramp and how far you can glide.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post

uh what
    You obviously can't read, I was saying I got 3 50cc gold trophy's which isn't anything really. then made 2nd place online.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    An all glider track would be awesome actually. Underwater isn't really needed, since Wario's Galleon has loads of underwater.

You obviously can't read
    I think it's more of a case of you not being able to write properly.

Okay, it was something like this for 3 stars IIRC:
    - 40 Points
    - 30 Coins
    - Less than 3 falls
    - Less than 5 minutes total

That's it, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    I think it's more of a case of you not being able to write properly.
    Well, we knew that from the username.

Haha yeah true Aveil.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    Haha yeah true Aveil.
    And you threw like 4 red shells at me today haha.

I would attempt for a three-star ranking, but I simply don't have the desire. Every time I attempt to I usually get frustrated by my errors, and quit. I don't need three stars to tell me I'm good, I know I'm good.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

Okay, it was something like this for 3 stars IIRC:
    - 40 Points
    - 30 Coins
    - Less than 3 falls
    - Less than 5 minutes total

That's it, I think.
    Hm. Seems a bit more daunting for the later courses, though as to be expected, honestly. Thanks. Also to the other user who mentioned, thanks doods. Hopefully I can do these. I think I'm just being off on the time bit, because I stay in first and will be unlucky to get even 1 or 2 falls most of the time, unless slipping on bananas or blue shells counts as a "fall"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGengar View Post
    I would attempt for a three-star ranking, but I simply don't have the desire. Every time I attempt to I usually get frustrated by my errors, and quit. I don't need three stars to tell me I'm good, I know I'm good.
    Hold up guys. I sympathize with this though, a bit. I want to progress and unlock the last few things, but my desire to achieve those stars is bugging the heck outta me.

And you threw like 4 red shells at me today haha.
    I did? xD You keep following me so I never know if you're in my games or not. I followed S.Sceptile earlier too.

I only started using this combo today but it's really good for me. It's Shy Guy + Royal Ribbon/Birthday Girl (or whatever it is in America) + Roller tires. I have never used that Kart or Wheels before but it has brilliant acceleration and handling. Speed is about half but I always get hit so I need good acceleration anyway >.<

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    I did? xD You keep following me so I never know if you're in my games or not. I followed S.Sceptile earlier too.
    Thought I saw you there, although I thought you were Luigi for some reason.

And you can call me Sapph btw, S.Sceptile sounds weird :P

I only started using this combo today but it's really good for me. It's Shy Guy + Royal Ribbon/Birthday Girl (or whatever it is in America) + Roller tires. I have never used that Kart or Wheels before but it has brilliant acceleration and handling. Speed is about half but I always get hit so I need good acceleration anyway >.<
    A lot of people seem to love the Royal Ribbon. I like to have high acceleration, but speed is most important for me (although I hate having heavy characters with god-awful acceleration). A good balance of stats is really needed.

I didn't call you SS because I could mix you up with Superior Snivy. I'll call you SS and call and the other Jack

Page 78 of 153 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast