Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 111

Thread: Lost at the Stamp Rally! (712)

  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    -Today starts off with Dento rushing into the subway...for the stamp rally! And Iris calls him a kid again. Hey, at least he's not sperging about trains this time!
    -Then Ash gets interested once Dento mentions that the prize for getting all the stamps is battling the Subway Masters.
    -...and Ash and Iris end up leaving to explore the city on their own, disappointing Dento.
    -Looks like the first stop for Ash & Iris is the sports stadiums! And...apparently there's one Gurrdurr-themed football team & one Darmitanian-themed team. Iris seems to be a fan of the Gurrdurr team!
    -Meanwhile, Dento's collecting stamps and being dramatic. Same ol' same ol'.
    -Back with Ash/Iris...it looks like Iris' team won! Who knew she was such a sports fan?
    -And now they're playing tennis. Ash seems to be slightly better at it than Iris!
    -Now it's time for a musical! It's...not very musical.
    -Oshawott bursts out of its ball and is absolutely ENTHRALLED with the musical, but Ash has to ruin its fun by trying to drag it off the stage...until Gothitelle decides to bring both of them onstage!
    -Then Ash, Oshawott, and Pikachu get a sudden costume change. How? Where did the clothes come from? Why am I even attempting to make sense of this?!
    -I must say, Oshawott looks rather dapper with that mustache.
    -Oh hey, they're finally getting around to the ferris wheel. Iris runs ahead of Ash, and while Ash tries to find out where she went...Pikachu notices an Axew. With a pink ribbon on its tail. Then Iris returns with ice cream and goes OMG A GIRL AXEW SO CUUUUUUTE...shortly before realizing that this Axew isn't all that happy.
    -...okay, I get the recycling symbol on the bins behind Iris, but what's with the pink bulb/flame symbol?
    -Back with Dento...he's collecting more stamps, when suddenly a girl with glasses asks him something about...yuen. Whatever that is. I'm guessing it's a place?
    -Back with Iris/Ash...they're at this "yuen" place(which appears to be a subway station)! How convenient!
    -GirlAxew seems to see its trainer in the crowd boarding the train, so it follows.
    -Back with Dento, he's getting really excited about how he's totally going to get to battle the Subway Masters. Then he sees the girl from before, who still seems lost. And her name is apparently Ellie.
    -Ellie gives him a sob story about something or other, and Dento decides to show off his Metro Sommelier stuff to help her! Because it apparently requires specialized knowledge to figure out how subway maps work?
    -Back with Ash/Iris, GirlAxew reunites with its trainer...except the girl it saw wasn't its trainer. Oops.
    -Back to Dento! They're about to set off, but the girl notices a train passing by...with her Axew on it!
    -Back to Ash/Iris! GirlAxew gets String Shotted by the stranger's Swadloon, and Emolga gets pissed off enough by that to shock everyone in the car!
    -After the train stops, they all have to give an awkward apology to the conductor. And then they sit and eat sandwiches while wondering what to do next. Then Iris gets the idea to do...something...with the stamp card and having GirlAxew put its pawprint on it, then Iris herself drawing a ferris wheel on it and yeah I don't get it. :|
    -AND THEY JUST MISSED DENTO AND ELLIE!
    -At least Dento/Ellie notice the stamp card that got all marked up. Oh, is that yuen thing the ferris wheel?
    -...and then Dento freaks out because the train they just jumped on won't take them where they need to go! That's what he gets for being the type of Metro Sommelier that spergs out over trains instead of one that spergs out over transit routes.
    -Back with Ash/Iris...they're back at the fairground, and trying to cheer up GirlAxew.
    -Dento, meanwhile, realizes a way to get to the fairground. Hopefully he gets there before Iris and Ash wander off again.
    -Ash and Iris are still waiting...when a train conductor suddenly comes looking for them. Hmm.
    -They get whisked away to another station...where Ellie is! And this reuniting was orchestrated by...Dento, since he dragged the Subway Masters into helping him out. It also seems that Ellie got to see the awesome central room where they oversee everything.
    -Aaaaand Dento had forgotten all about the stamp rally. And he's AAAAAAAAAAAing about it pretty well, since he only missed ONE stamp(which happens to be the Axew stamp!). Oh, and the rally ends just as he panics about finding it.
    -...you know, Dento can get a bit too excited about things sometimes, but it's still a dick move for Ash and Iris do to a chuckle/sigh at his disappointment over failing the stamp rally!
    -It turns out that the ONLY stamp Ellie got was the Axew stamp. It turns out that while she was looking for her Axew, one of the train conductors mistook her and pointed her to the Axew stamp.
    -Dento's uneasy about accepting the stamp, but the subway twins are so goddamned SMILEY more than happy to accept this since Dento really only missed that stamp because he was too busy helping people out. And...wait, there's barely any time left in the episode. I have the feeling this battle won't be as great as it should be...
    -Note: The subway masters still look like muppets to me. Especially when we're getting a side view of them talking like this.
    -Of course the battle field is pretty much a subway car.
    -Tepig and Pansage versus...Chandelure and Eelectross. Yeah, this is gonna be a curbstomp battle.
    -Things aren't going well...but Dento suddenly has his "heh" face on. Oh dear.
    -It's tasting time! (it's also recycling a previous "it's tasting time!" animation time)
    -Oh, it's also SPECIAL SUBWAY TIME!
    -And the theme music kicked in! Maybe it's not so hopeless after all?
    -...except for the part where the twins quickly wreck the plan Dento came up with.
    -And Iris(and Ash and Dento and Ellie) finally gets to ride the ferris wheel.


    Overall, this episode was okay, but I definitely feel like the SUBWAY BOSS BATTLE was overhyped. It got, what, four minutes of screentime? I get that they already got several episodes to themselves, but it still felt like a waste to have the battle be that short. :/ At least we discovered that Iris actually likes things that have nothing to do with dragons and/or cute Pokemon? (the football thing honestly surprised me!)

    EDIT: Wait, apparently the girl's name is Elina? Well, I was close enough.
    Last edited by Juputoru; 7th October 2011 at 6:04 AM.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

    Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,990

    Default

    i just realised something funny about Tepig and Pansage battling together, if you choose Tepig in the games Pansage is the elemental monkey you get at the dreamyard and can become one of your teammates.

    small point i know, but amusing how the combo plays out here.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    i just realised something funny about Tepig and Pansage battling together, if you choose Tepig in the games Pansage is the elemental monkey you get at the dreamyard and can become one of your teammates.

    small point i know, but amusing how the combo plays out here.
    Yeah we know Cilan chose Pansage as he is his vintage/premium brand, and Ash chose Tepig as it just learned Flamethrower. (like when pikachu learned Electro Ball and had to cheat Tranquill out of a gym...yes I'm still sore from that.)



  4. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    This was a lot worse than I thought it would be. Somehow I knew that the battle would only be the last part of the episode, but with it only being four minutes of battling preceded by irrelevant filler for the whole entire rest of the episode, this would have been one of the most boring episodes I've ever seen if not for a relatively okay battle. Despite its length the battle was the only good thing here.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    469

    Default

    I kinda liked the episode. The middle part was a little boring, but it had it's funny moments too, like how Emolga shocked all the people. And seriously, Dento is one of the best things ever happened to this show. :'D He provides so many funny moments that I've already lost a count. I love him always being so over-dramatic!

    I though this was gonna feel rushed, since Ash and Iris did so much sightseeing, but somehow it didn't and I liked the battle as well. Didn't mind that it was only, what, 4 minutes long or something like that. Overall I'm very pleased with Unova's battles. I always thought they were too over the top in DP so these are just fine and not as boring. : D

    But overall funny and good episode. And I just love how Nimbasa City looks in anime, so colorful<3

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Dying World
    Posts
    3,603

    Default

    I have been trolled beyond belief this week. The twins only get, what, 5 minutes when they were the ones narrating the bloody preview? AND we probably won't see them again for the rest of the series?
    Goddamn, writers. It's as if they touched me inappropriately with silly putty.


    "History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,309

    Default

    Elice they got a 2 or 3 appearances before the special, they goth the special, they got this episode, they have been the most featured game character yet besides Iris, Dent or Belle, how was what they got not enough?

    I like them but frankly they didn't need more time, I'm fine they only got this, some people even whined that they shouldn't have been here at all and the battle shold have happened in the special before this aired.

    There was a battle with them but the episode wasn't about them, the title just highlighted that.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Dying World
    Posts
    3,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Elice they got a 2 or 3 appearances before the special, they goth the special, they got this episode, they have been the most featured game character yet besides Iris, Dent or Belle, how was what they got not enough?
    Lol, maybe I'm just a major Submas fan who can't get enough of the two. :P


    "History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    I enjoyed this episode.

    I loved all of Cilan's moments. I'll never get tired of him.

    It was nice seeing all the stuff in Nimbasa.

    The second Axew plot I wasn't crazy about, but it was enjoyable still.

    The battle was great for me. I think this is the first double battle for Best Wishes, what better way to show that then through a battle with Ingo and Emmet. I really enjoyed Ingo and Emmet throughout the time they have appeared, I hope later on they appear again.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I enjoyed this episode.

    I loved all of Cilan's moments. I'll never get tired of him.

    It was nice seeing all the stuff in Nimbasa.

    The second Axew plot I wasn't crazy about, but it was enjoyable still.

    The battle was great for me. I think this is the first double battle for Best Wishes, what better way to show that then through a battle with Ingo and Emmet. I really enjoyed Ingo and Emmet throughout the time they have appeared, I hope later on they appear again.
    Technically it's a tag battle.



  11. #61
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,922

    Default

    Oh my God. Oshawott totally stole the show. I thought he was cute before, but he looked a hundred times cuter while he was on-stage at the Pokemon Musical hall. I'm just so glad that the writers decided to grace us with Oshawott's presence. But the rest of the episode was kind of lame in my opinion. I thought that the whole lost Axew subplot was unnecessary, and I wish that Ash and Cilan's battle against Emmet and Ingo had lasted a bit longer. They still would've lost, but at least we would've seen more of Tepig and Pansage's teamwork. Overall, I didn't really like the major plot points of this episode, but Oshawott was amazing as always. 7/10.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    6,006

    Default

    Good episode. Wasn't my favorite, but the Subway battle didn't feel rushed, for the amount of time it had. I'm just mad that they put in 30 seconds for the Musical, when they're already doing an episode for it. I would've liked to see some of the bigger Sports Dome stuff.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    92

    Default

    The lost female Axew was so adorable. It looked really cute when it mistook a stranger as its trainer. The sight of the stranger's Swadloon attacking it made me angry.

    I enjoyed watching Cilan's reactions when he realized that he was still just one stamp short after the lost Axew was reunited with its trainer and when he heard the announcement that the stamp rally had ended.

    I had a feeling that Ash and Cilan would lose to the Subway Bosses, but the battle looked great even though the action lasted only a few minutes.

    Overall, it was a great episode.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Oh my God. Oshawott totally stole the show. I thought he was cute before, but he looked a hundred times cuter while he was on-stage at the Pokemon Musical hall. I'm just so glad that the writers decided to grace us with Oshawott's presence. But the rest of the episode was kind of lame in my opinion. I thought that the whole lost Axew subplot was unnecessary, and I wish that Ash and Cilan's battle against Emmet and Ingo had lasted a bit longer. They still would've lost, but at least we would've seen more of Tepig and Pansage's teamwork. Overall, I didn't really like the major plot points of this episode, but Oshawott was amazing as always. 7/10.
    I think they did the whole Axew thing to maybe make Iris seem like she was doing something and not become a stand by character. And the writers really need to put some of this Oshawott love and energy into Ash's other Pokemon too because this is getting ridiculous. But the battle was excellent.

    Rating: 5/10

    My ideal battle ever!

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    A Cilan heavy episode, with a short and pointless battle.. dislike.

    Ash needs to start evolving his starters if he's going to face people as powerful as the Subway Bosses this region..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    A Cilan heavy episode, with a short and pointless battle.. dislike.

    Ash needs to start evolving his starters if he's going to face people as powerful as the Subway Bosses this region..
    It's not Ash who evolves his starters. They evolve when they want to.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    the whole other axew plot wasn't need they could just have made the battle and the musical bit longer
    .................................................. ......................

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -Back with Dento...he's collecting more stamps, when suddenly a girl with glasses asks him something about...yuen. Whatever that is. I'm guessing it's a place?
    I think she was asking him for directions.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    I think she was asking him for directions.
    Yeah, based on later in the episode, I think she was asking for directions to the fairground. Probably should have edited that line out once I figured out what she was talking about, but eh.

    [QUOTE-jscholfield]the whole other axew plot wasn't need they could just have made the battle and the musical bit longer[/QUOTE]
    I definitely agree that the battle should have been longer, but it looks like we'll be getting an entire episode about musicals at some point, so I'm okay with that part of the episode being relatively short.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

    Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,961

    Default

    Disappointing episode. I pretty much skipped right to the battle, which was terrible.

    I liked the little musical montage scene though.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Am I the only one who thinks the football players look as creepy as hell?

    http://www.filb.de/content/anime/bw/051/054.jpg
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Just saw the episode. Definetly wasn't one of my favorites but it was alright. I was hoping the whole lost Axew thing would get Iris more involved in the plot but she was pretty much just doing everything Ash was. Plus the subplot of Dent collecting stamps had a lot more humorous potential; too bad they didn't go for it.

    The battle itself for me was okay. I've definetly seen worse but I'm usually more interested in those while this one was just kind of random (if you were spoiler-free when you saw it I mean). Just wished they foreshadowed Indigo and Emmet's skills a bit before this episode so Ash and Dent battling them wouldn't feel just for the sake of advertissing the battle subway. I know it was but still =/

    Still a good episode! Just wasn't that excited throughout it. And that's usually what counts.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CupidKirby View Post
    Just saw the episode. Definetly wasn't one of my favorites but it was alright. I was hoping the whole lost Axew thing would get Iris more involved in the plot but she was pretty much just doing everything Ash was. Plus the subplot of Dent collecting stamps had a lot more humorous potential; too bad they didn't go for it.

    The battle itself for me was okay. I've definetly seen worse but I'm usually more interested in those while this one was just kind of random (if you were spoiler-free when you saw it I mean). Just wished they foreshadowed Indigo and Emmet's skills a bit before this episode so Ash and Dent battling them wouldn't feel just for the sake of advertissing the battle subway. I know it was but still =/

    Still a good episode! Just wasn't that excited throughout it. And that's usually what counts.
    I really liked this episode since it was a nice cool down after a gym battle. I liked the Axew plot but I guess it wasn't all that necessary. Either way, this episode wasn't really about Iris. Oh and Iris was the one that wanted to go sightseeing, not Ash, so he was the one doing whatever she wanted to do :P She's the one that suggested everything they did :P I don't think they could have really done much more with Dento's stamp thing than what they did ^^; I mean yes it was humorous but I prefer him sprinkling in the humor throughout the episode instead of trying to stretch it out over the whole 20 minutes ^^;

    The battle was pretty good, even though we already knew the outcome. We already did know how strong the twins were and it showed by how they were able to dictate the pace of the entire match. Pretty good battle, kinda wish we got to see more of the Twins Pokemon :P

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Disappointing episode. I pretty much skipped right to the battle, which was terrible.

    I liked the little musical montage scene though.
    Wow, what does it take to make you happy? This is the first double battle and the best battle in Best Wishes so far. But I guess you can't please them all.

    My ideal battle ever!

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    I really liked this episode since it was a nice cool down after a gym battle. I liked the Axew plot but I guess it wasn't all that necessary. Either way, this episode wasn't really about Iris. Oh and Iris was the one that wanted to go sightseeing, not Ash, so he was the one doing whatever she wanted to do :P She's the one that suggested everything they did :P I don't think they could have really done much more with Dento's stamp thing than what they did ^^; I mean yes it was humorous but I prefer him sprinkling in the humor throughout the episode instead of trying to stretch it out over the whole 20 minutes ^^;

    The battle was pretty good, even though we already knew the outcome. We already did know how strong the twins were and it showed by how they were able to dictate the pace of the entire match. Pretty good battle, kinda wish we got to see more of the Twins Pokemon :P
    I guess you're right about the Iris thing. It's just...the COTD this time was about as generic of a COTD as you could get. Can't blame me for wanting someone in the BWtrio to make her more interesting. And sorry but I actually would prefer funny Dent scenes to "girl running into 3 cars just to realize they're wrong and Ash/Iris running into 3 cars just to find nothing" scenes. The grumpy Swadloon was funny though.

    And yeah. But we didn't really have any connection to their pokemon past seeing them debut. That's why I wasn't really all that excited.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •