Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kyurem

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Anyway, I have a question. How is the B/W universe sick and twisted in anyway?
    Those idiots at Smogon won't let me use Blaziken with the Blaze ability!

Does everyone remember what blue text means?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

In Grey, Kyurem needs a new form with 125/140/95/140/95/105 stats, Fusion Flare/Bolt, Earthquake (actually give this to the whole Tao trio), Icicle Crash, and Ice Shard. That thing would be such a boss in Ubers with above-average Speed, an excellent offensive typing, and a fair amount of unpredictability. It could actually run a Choice Band set with Outrage/Icicle Crash/Earthquake/Ice Shard, but it would still be outclassed by Rayquaza.

Let's not forget that Kyurem has pretty much the best mixed offensive stats in OU. A simple mixed setup of Outrage/Draco Meteor/Focus Blast 2HKOs pretty much everything, and Base 95 speed isn't that bad. It's also incredibly bulky and can be used alongside another Dragon wall breaker, namely MixMence, to destroy pretty much anything.

You're going to have to give it some support, but that's true about a lot of successful sweepers.

Quote Originally Posted by AlakazamAffinity View Post
    B/W universe is cool...it's just the metagame that needs work. Serious work.

And dragon dance wouldn't benefit Kyurem?

Dragon Dance
    Outrage
    Stone Edge
    Return

Sounds like a damn decent moveset to me. Plus, he needs something for that mediocre speed anyways. Yes 95 base speed is mediocre when you think about it in a relative sense. It's one of the slowest dragons, if not THE slowest in OU.
    Nah, Kyurem would really need Earthquake or something to make a DD set worthwhile. Literally the only thing that a +1 Outrage wouldn't kill or heavily damage is Steel types, and neither Stone Edge nor Return helps with that. Btw, Base 95 really isn't all that bad in comparison to other Dragons. With a Timid nature, Kyurem outspeeds all Dragonite, Adamant Haxorus (the most common variant), Modest Hydreigon (again, most common), and neutral Salamence (still fairly common), which isn't half bad.

Not to mention that a Dragon Dance Kyurem is a terrible idea to begin with, and is most easily outclassed by whichever Dragon Dancer in OU.

Between the Substitute set and the Scarf set, Kyurem has its own little niche on Hail Teams where it belongs.

I actually never knew Kyurem got DDance. But Jesus said it all anyway. It doesn't have the right physical move pool or stats to pull it off. Cool typing, but not the best.

Kyurem has too many weaknesses among wich are the most common pokemons, Steel, fight. even with choice scarf it is probable enemie carries bullet punch scizor or mach punch conkeldur. Beeing ice it looses it's resistant to fire and beein dragon it looses it's weakness to ice. Yet he has more weaknesses and less ressistences than most dragon type pokemon.
    i personally woudln't use him buti could try him to test his power.
    3ds FC: 3454-0507-2445

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    I actually never knew Kyurem got DDance. But Jesus said it all anyway. It doesn't have the right physical move pool or stats to pull it off. Cool typing, but not the best.
    It actually doesn't, someone just said it would be better if it had it.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

i thought kyurem was really cool.. but it's current movepool blows. at least until it gets freeze shock/ice burn. maybe.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    i thought kyurem was really cool.. but it's current movepool blows. at least until it gets freeze shock/ice burn. maybe.
    To be honest, I don't think those two moves will help it much. They're like sky attack, they have to charge. They give your enemy a free turn....
    On the second turn, an ultracold, freezing wind surrounds the target. This may leave the target with a burn.
    On the second turn, the user hits the target with electrically charged ice. It may leave the target with paralysis.

Too bad it's not like Solarbeam and doesn't have to charge in the Hail. Btw, I think Freezer Burn would have been a great pun name for the move. Better than Ice Burn, anyways.

I like Kyurem. I've ran hail teams and it acts as a great late game clean up Pokemon. Running the Sub + 3 attacks it can take out many weakened Pokemon late game with STAB Blizzard, STAB Dragon Pulse, and Focus Blast.

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    I like Kyurem. I've ran hail teams and it acts as a great late game clean up Pokemon. Running the Sub + 3 attacks it can take out many weakened Pokemon late game with STAB Blizzard, STAB Dragon Pulse, and Focus Blast.
    same + its a good counter to rotom-w since it resists ist common moves and easily 2hkos with dragon pulse.

R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

it could be ran with a power herb when it's freeze shock/iceburn comes out.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Wow, so there's a possibility of Kyurem getting TWO alternate types? Well, this is exciting!

I don't even want to begin on what I just saw from that announcement. Will this make Kyurem better in competitive? I guess we'll find out in June.

Quote Originally Posted by waffle_x_v View Post
    Wow, so there's a possibility of Kyurem getting TWO alternate types? Well, this is exciting!
    Alternate formes. Not too sure about the type stuff, because retyping w/out new moves is just stupid. Even Freeze shock and ice burn are ice stabs.

If they give it Snow Warning, it might be better. I just hope it just gets a new movepool, preferably with Thunderbolt/Flamethrower or Fire Blast as it takes on the alternate form of Reshy or Zekky.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Wow, bad version names aside, this could make kyurem at least OU. Maybe give it a little more speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestospoison View Post
    Wow, bad version names aside, this could make kyurem at least OU. Maybe give it a little more speed.
    People were wondering if the 3rd game was going to be called Grey or Gray in English....I think it'll be both.

Well, it could interesting. I think it'll face competition with Reshiram or Zekrom though, depending on the form.

Depends, really. I don't think this will do anything to its original form.

If it's solely type changes that change the Dragon typing, the Reshiram form will be awful while the Zekrom form will be amazing. We'll have to wait and see what happens.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

People were wondering if the 3rd game was going to be called Grey or Gray in English....I think it'll be both.

Well, it could interesting. I think it'll face competition with Reshiram or Zekrom though, depending on the form.
    The games were confirmed to be sequels of Black and White. They're called Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2.

I have a feeling that Kyurem's stats are gonna be rehashed. 20 more to BST to make it a 680 monster. Plus, Stat redistribution is possible. For the Zekky fusion, attacks prob gonna be 140 Att/120 SpAtt.

Other than that, I really think nothing is really gonna change with his other stat.

lol We don't even know anything about its base stats right now or any movepool changes.

Or ability changes.

[In Clan Memoriam]
    Memories are eternal.

Survival isn't eternal

The games were confirmed to be sequels of Black and White. They're called Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2.
    It was a joke. :/
    Depends, really. I don't think this will do anything to its original form.
    Except new moves, maybe. Ice Kyurem would simply love Blue Flame.
    lol We don't even know anything about its base stats right now or any movepool changes.
    Nothing says I can't get my hopes up, right?

It was a joke. :/Except new moves, maybe. Ice Kyurem would simply love Blue Flame.
    Oh, oops. ^_^; Also, on Pokebeach, there's a little statement that says that Masuda will reveal the names' of the two new formes at a later time...("Their names, Masuda promised, will be revealed later.")

And I was wondering why there was little activity an hour and a half ago.

[In Clan Memoriam]
    Memories are eternal.

Survival isn't eternal

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast