Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Archeops Discussion

Default Archeops Discussion

Hi! I'm Archeops! I'm a Rock/Flying type with base stats of 75/140/65/112/65/110! I have a movepool that extends ad infinitum, as well! Doesn't that scream OU? Besides the Stealth Rock weakness, of course.

Well, I can be compared to a bullet train. I hit fast and hard, but not for long. I have this groovy ability called Defeatist, which I'm not sure why I called groovy, but whatever! Defeatist makes me dead weight whenever I fall below 50% of my health, which happens a lot when you have a typing and bulk as mine. I can be revenged by many commonplace threats, such as Scizor and Excadrill. Hell, even Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball OHKOs me!

But, all is not sunshine and rainbows for my opponents! I have many excellent moves such as Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Acrobatics, U-Turn, and Dragon Pulse! My Fire Hidden Power deals 53.4% - 63.6% to standard Ferrothorn, allowing me to take a maor chunk out of one of the most common Pokemon in OU! People also like giving me a Flying Gem and watching me let loose Acrobaticses that deal 59.1% - 69.6% to standard Excadrill on the first hit! A lot of people love slapping on a Choice Band as well. Here are some of the most popular ways people use me:

Archeops @ Flying Gem
    Defeatist
    Adamant/Jolly
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Stone Edge/Head Smash
    Acrobatics
    Earthquake
    U-Turn

Archeops @ Choice Band
    Defeatist
    Adamant/Jolly
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Head Smash
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    U-Turn

As you can see, I can be an excellent late-game sweeper! I hope you consider me when you make your next team!

Well, after that wonderful speech from Archeops, let us discuss Archeops, the Bird Who Died.

Head smash might not be the best idea with it's ability in mind....

Anyway, I think protect is worth it on the acrobatics set over U-turn, it helps you scout for priority, such as vaccum wave lucario. U-turn is also usable.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I love archeops. Flying gem+acrobatics is basically a free kill on anything that doesn't resist.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Archeops is cool, even if it does have low self-esteem...

And I never knew that its Special Attack stat was a respectable 112.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

It needs a magnazone. EQ isn't enough to take out steels, especially skarmory.

Also, you don't want 4 HP ivs. At 292, it's ability will activate the second time you come in on stealth rock. At 291, it will at the third.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    It needs a magnazone. EQ isn't enough to take out steels, especially skarmory.

Also, you don't want 4 HP ivs. At 292, it's ability will activate the second time you come in on stealth rock. At 291, it will at the third.
    Hidden Power Fire for your troubles...
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

This guy is absolutely ruined because of his ability. By which I mean everyone is too afraid to use him and overlooks his amazing stats. Anyway, random set:

@ Focus Sash / Sitrus Berry
    Defeatist ( )
    Timid / Modest
    4 Hp / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
    - Earth Power
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Endeavor / Agility
    Sort of a gimmicky set. It has decent coverage, but the last move was filler. Endeavor is easily done with Focus Sash, but maybe Sitrus Berry for health?

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Wait until you have KO'ed every priority user, revenge killer, and Excadrill, and dispatched Ferrothorn, Bronzong, and the like, and then let loose Archeops. Unresisted Archeops 6-0 destroys entire teams.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Quote Originally Posted by 3.14kachu View Post
    Wait until you have KO'ed every priority user, revenge killer, and Excadrill, and dispatched Ferrothorn, Bronzong, and the like, and then let loose Archeops. Unresisted Archeops 6-0 destroys entire teams.
    Yeah, that's the main problem with Archeops. It has so many counters in the Steel-infested metagame known as OU that it's not even funny, though I think he would work in the massive swarm of bugs known as RU.

Archeops can pull of a decent mixed set, hp fire can kill dem ferro's.

Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

This guy can murder your team if you're not prepared. He makes a good lead/scout to punch a LOT of holes in the other team. GemCrobatics can OHKO a crapload of the metagame and Archops can outspeed plenty of threats. However it gets killed by priority users, especially Metagross with Bullet Punch, and it has to get STAB from Stone Edge, which is inaccurate.

In doubles this guy can devastate longer with Skill Swap being used on it. Even then it still has bad defenses.

Overall Archops is devastating if you use him right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Archeops can pull of a decent mixed set, hp fire can kill dem ferro's.
    Sadly, it does not OHKO, while Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball does.

I really think that this guy would be better off in UU. It can wreck some serious **** in there.

Stop with all the discussion threads about shitty mons or mons that have like two sets like Reuniclus.

Archeops is simple, it has amazing stats and a shitty ability, AKA its Slaking/Regigigas.

Just thought I'd post my Archeops, an LU lead.

Archeops @ Life Orb
    Ability: Defeatist
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
    Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
    -Head Smash
    -Taunt
    -U-turn
    -Endeavour

So the Life Orb may seem like a weird choice, but it lets Head Smash 1hko a surprising amount of pokemon when it's combined with his massive attack stat. Taunt messes with anything trying to set-up rocks or set-up anything at all (it's why he's the lead), U-turn is for switching after their switch (after a Taunt, whatever) and Endeavour ensures he's never dead weight. After 2 U-turns and 1 SR, (still at 55%) he can Head Smash revenge kill or something, have his recoil almost KO him, and then (thanks to his 110 base speed), Endeavour almost whatevers sent in (while they assume he's near useless due to Defeatist) and make it an easy kill for anything with priority.

I dunno if this is what you do in discussion threads, never been on this part of the forums before.
    If you don't like parentheses, you won't like me.

I use THC in all my teambuilding, and no, I don't mean a Total Harm Calculator. If THC is vital to your teambuilding, copy and paste this into your signature! (Started by Scizorisnotcool)

The original starters are the best.

I am Stinkbutt on PO. Fear the Stinkbutt.

Stop with all the discussion threads about shitty mons or mons that have like two sets like Reuniclus.

Archeops is simple, it has amazing stats and a shitty ability, AKA its Slaking/Regigigas.
    Except it's way better than both of them.

Archeops was an absoute monster in-game for me, so, naturally, I presumed he'd excel in competetive play when I started. Ufortunatly, Archeops effectively 'dies' when he loses half his health and with the abundance of stealth rock and priority, knocking 50% of archeops isn't hard to achieve.

Used well however, by removing counters, spinning and wish-passing, this guy can seriously dent entire teams.

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ml7634.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/33u5xep.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2lc41lu.gif[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by AudinoGlitch View Post
    This guy can murder your team if you're not prepared. He makes a good lead/scout to punch a LOT of holes in the other team. GemCrobatics can OHKO a crapload of the metagame and Archops can outspeed plenty of threats. However it gets killed by priority users, especially Metagross with Bullet Punch, and it has to get STAB from Stone Edge, which is inaccurate.

In doubles this guy can devastate longer with Skill Swap being used on it. Even then it still has bad defenses.

Overall Archops is devastating if you use him right.
    Any pokemon can murder your team if you're not prepared, but moving on. Archeops is a heavy hitter when healthy, but its only problems are its debilitating ability, priority moves, and lack of good flying moves outside of Acrobatics. In doubles, well...there. are. way. too. many. weather. teams. out. there. Weaknesses to Blizzard, Surf, and Rock Slide really hurt him, and if you're in RM doubles, you would probably be better off with a Mienshao using Flying Gem Acrobatics. At least Mienshao has a (sort of) reliable base 195 attack after STAB as well as access to Wide Guard.

Put simply, even though he hits hard, there are too many things that can go wrong with Archeops.

Defeatist=really bad Pokemon. Thats about it

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Except it's way better than both of them.
    It might be better than Regigigas but it's probably worse than Slaking. Archeops cannot switch in on anything meaning it can only revenge kill or come in on a predicted EQ, except most things with EQ have SE to hit you with too. Regigigas has bulk and doesn't care too much about SR and it can even go down swinging unlike Archeops who instead of throwing stones with Stone Edge it uses broken condoms and skittles.

He hits insanely hard. Would a CB Head Smash set be usable, to punch gigantic holes in a team early game? IIRC, it 2HKOes Skarmory.

And guys, stop comparing Archeops to Slaking/Regigigas. Unlike them, he doesn't have an ability that instantly cripples.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    He hits insanely hard. Would a CB Head Smash set be usable, to punch gigantic holes in a team early game? IIRC, it 2HKOes Skarmory.

And guys, stop comparing Archeops to Slaking/Regigigas. Unlike them, he doesn't have an ability that instantly cripples.
    Exactly. Archeops is a battering ram, dealing 73.7% - 86.2% to physically defensive Skarmory and 95.2% - 112% to specially defensive ones with his CB Head Smash. However, the recoil on a specially defensive one puts it into Defeatist range no prob. That's why a Sitrus Berry is better with HS.

Hidden Power Fire for your troubles...
    Not as good as a magnazone partner. HP fire does a good amount of damage, but most steels could probably take it at OHKO it, and not to mention scizor has priority.

If you are going to use aerchops, use magnazone with it.

IMO, Archeops is an awesome one-time wallbreaker.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

I made the mistake of choosing the wrong fossil, I wanted Archen, but I chose the other one by mistake!

A gimicky way to make up for it's ability is the liechi berry, but that hasn't been released yet on wi-fi, and also doesn't completely restore it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast