Thread: Fan Fiction Quarterly Edition 5 Planning Thread

Default Fan Fiction Quarterly Edition 5 Planning Thread

Fan Fiction Quarterly Edition 5 document:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Greetings, denizens of the SPPf Fan Fiction Forum! As most of you probably know already, the Fan Fiction Quarterly is an online periodical of sorts run and written by Fan Fiction forum contributors. Every three or so months, an edition of the Quarterly is posted, featuring a current fic, spotlighting a fic from the Completed Fics archives, laying out upcoming events, and presenting a fun writing challenge.

There have been four FFQ issues so far: Edition 1, Edition 2, Edition 3, and Edition 4. This thread's purpose is to organize and plan for Edition 5 of the Fan Fiction Quarterly (general discussion and planning of the FFQ should go here.) One of the biggest changes the FFQ has gone through is that contribution has now opened up to any interested SPPf members. As in, if you're interested in helping write the FFQ, you totally can!

How does one contribute? Well, look no further than this thread. In this thread, contributors can plan for Edition 5 of the Fan Fiction Quarterly, which has a target release date of May 1, 2016. (For general FFQ planning and suggestions, please visit the Fan Fiction Quarterly: Future Planning thread.) In this thread, people can sign up to contribute and suggest candidates for sections.

In the interest of organizing the whole process better and avoiding last-minute scrambles, FFQ Edition 5 will be written with the following process.

Now to February 29: The Initial Sign-up Phase. In this phase, contributors - mods and members alike - will sign up in this thread to contribute to the issue, using the following form:

Spoiler:- form:

And that's it! Please make sure all of the form is filled, especially the Google Account field, as your Google Account is your primary way of contributing. Feel free to list down sections even if someone else has already listed them; we may need you to step in if the original person ends up unable to complete the section. If you missed the Initial Sign-up Phase and are interested in contributing, feel free to sign up during the Second Sign-up Phase (more on that later).

March 1 to March 5: Once the initial sign-up phase closes, we will move into the Delegation Phase. During this phase, I will email you your assignment - the section you are assigned to write.

March 6 to April 23: The Writing Phase. During this phase, contributors will write their assigned sections.

April 1 to April 5: The Check-in Phase. During this phase, I will send emails and PMs to all the contributors, checking in on their progress. This is the time to drop out if you don't think you can finish your section by May 1. If I don't receive a status update by the end of this phase, I will assume that you are unable to finish your section in time, and your section will be assigned to someone else.

April 5 to April 10: The Second Sign-up Phase. During this phase, people interested in contributing can sign up with the above form to write sections, given that original contributors have dropped out and/or there are still sections that need to be written. In this phase I will make a post letting everyone know if people can sign up, and if so, people interested in writing can go ahead and sign up.

April 23: The Writing Phase closes and moves into the Final Scramble Phase. During this phase, anyone who has signed up for contributing can edit the document until it is 100% ready for posting.

May 1: Edition 5 of the Fan Fiction Quarterly goes up. Any contributor can take the finished document and post it into the Authors' Cafe.

Remember, all of this should be a fun process, and if you have any suggestions on how to make the FFQ writing process or the FFQ in general even more awesome, feel free to post them in this thread or the general FFQ Future Planning thread. If you have any questions in general, feel free to PM me or one of the Fan Fiction mods or post them in this thread.

In addition, anyone with the link can use their Google account to make comments and suggestions on the FFQ document. Which means that, even if you're not an official contributor, as long as you have the link to the document (which is at the top of this post) you can make suggestions on the document!

I'd like to note that in the highly unlikely event that I suddenly go AWOL for a month, any Fan Fiction mod has the right to decide the fate of the FFQ.

Finally, a big thank-you to the SPPf Fan Fiction moderators, anyone who will contribute to this issue, and the SPPf Fan Fiction community in general. Without all of you, this project will not be possible. So thanks!
    Last edited by American--Pi; 1st March 2016 at 6:15 PM.

Author's Profile
    Tumblr | Shipping List | Claims
    Currently on an indefinite hiatus from everything.
    I'll still be writing/reviewing/making art/posting in general, just very irregularly.

I'm possibly interested in helping with one section, (depends on how a problem I'm worried is too late to fix turns out for something relevant in Edition 4, and part of the reason I want to help is preventing that from happening to anyone again) but for the Google account is just your username fine? Since the email address itself is what has licks of personal info in it.

Click for fics. Lovely banner by American--Pi.
    Yangverse Michronicles
    Tiny tales set in this Pokeworld of mine, just to get to know it better.
    Coming Up: Rosencrantz And Guildentern are Plasbad [Re-PLAAASMA'D Edition]|Rude Awakening|Heroes After All
    AO3|FFnet|Pokemon Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Umbramatic View Post
    I'm possibly interested in helping with one section, (depends on how a problem I'm worried is too late to fix turns out for something relevant in Edition 4, and part of the reason I want to help is preventing that from happening to anyone again) but for the Google account is just your username fine? Since the email address itself is what has licks of personal info in it.
    I'm sorry about Edition 4 having a problem in it. As for your Google Account, I'm not sure... Hopefully a username alone will be fine, but I'm not sure if Google will allow me to add people by username alone.

Would you mind letting me know your Google account username? I'll see if that allows me to add you to the contributor list.

Author's Profile
    I'll still be writing/reviewing/making art/posting in general, just very irregularly.

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    I'm sorry about Edition 4 having a problem in it. As for your Google Account, I'm not sure... Hopefully a username alone will be fine, but I'm not sure if Google will allow me to add people by username alone.

Would you mind letting me know your Google account username? I'll see if that allows me to add you to the contributor list.
    It's fine, it wasn't anything big - or anything you did - and I'm working out what to do about it with bobandbill (who I stupidly got really rude toward when I saw Edition 4 was already live and what I thought was a problem was too late to fix).

But FORM

Username: Umbramatic
    Google Account: Umbramatic (If that doesn't work, to heck with it, I'll edit it out later if I'm good to go: )
        Spoiler:- Google Account Email::

Preferred Sections: Helping with the Quarterly challenge? Mainly coming up with the Challenge prompt and rules for it, and writing the descriptions of any answers to the prompt from last time (aside from mine, if I do it, for obvious reasons).
    Last edited by Umbramatic; 7th February 2016 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Memes are just an Ilusion.

Yangverse Michronicles
    Coming Up: Rosencrantz And Guildentern are Plasbad [Re-PLAAASMA'D Edition]|Rude Awakening|Heroes After All
    AO3|FFnet|Pokemon Tumblr

^ Unfortunately Google Docs wouldn't allow me to add you from your username alone, but I've shared the doc with you.

Author's Profile

^ Unfortunately Google Docs wouldn't allow me to add you from your username alone, but I've shared the doc with you.
    I'm in! And don't worry, if you check my last post again I took care of the email address fine. ;P

Yangverse Michronicles
    AO3|FFnet|Pokemon Tumblr

Might as well post my info here, so we can get a good idea of who exactly is contributing.

Username: American--Pi
    Google Account: American.Pi.3.14159@gmail.com (American Pi)
    Preferred Sections: I'm willing to write any section, but I'd like to try my hand at writing Reviewers' Feature.

EDIT March 1st 2016: We've entered our Delegation Phase. This time, Quarterly Challenge goes to Umbramatic; Editors' Choice, Reviewers' Feature, Blast from the Past, and Events goes to myself, American--Pi. If you haven't signed up and are interested in contributing, feel free to sign up during the Second Sign-up Phase starting April 5 if there are still unwritten sections. Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by American--Pi; 1st March 2016 at 6:23 PM.

Author's Profile

Hey, mainly posting to give a shout-out to American--Pi for going ahead and tackling all the stuff I didn't, but to everyone else: please feel free to send in a submission around April 5 to take a load off her! She did such a great job with last Quarterly and could use more help aside from a dunce like me writing this one. :P

(Said dunce shall now be getting to work on baking a delicious, nutritious, and most of all dastardly Quarterly Challenge to toss at you all come May. Mwuahahaha.)
    Last edited by Umbramatic; 1st March 2016 at 11:13 PM.

Yangverse Michronicles
    AO3|FFnet|Pokemon Tumblr

Hello all! This is just a reminder that we have entered the Second Sign-up Phase. During this phase, people interested in contributing can sign up with the form to write sections, given that original contributors have dropped out and/or there are still sections that need to be written.

None of the original contributors have dropped out so far, but we do have a section that still needs to be written. Namely, it's Editor's Choice! I myself have chosen a fic to feature, read several chapters of the fic, and plan on writing the section. However, if anyone is interested in taking over and writing the section, he or she is free to sign up and do so!

Author's Profile

Hello all! This is just a reminder that we have entered the Second Sign-up Phase. During this phase, people interested in contributing can sign up with the form to write sections, given that original contributors have dropped out and/or there are still sections that need to be written.

None of the original contributors have dropped out so far, but we do have a section that still needs to be written. Namely, it's Editor's Choice! I myself have chosen a fic to feature, read several chapters of the fic, and plan on writing the section. However, if anyone is interested in taking over and writing the section, he or she is free to sign up and do so!
    -looks at bolded bit-

-puts LGBT+ hat on-

Individuals of nonbinary gender identities feel free to apply as well.

-removes LGBT+ hat-

But regardless Pi could use the help on the Editor's Feature writeup, she had a rough March, as did I (plus she wrote most of the rest; on my end I'm trying to finish my entry for the FFQ 4 challenge after writing up the preliminary section for this one's, with a big thank-you to Jax for help fine-tuning the challenge itself.)
    Last edited by Umbramatic; 6th April 2016 at 2:47 AM.

Yangverse Michronicles
    AO3|FFnet|Pokemon Tumblr