Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Review Game

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Whoa, Sid, hold up there for a sec. You gave a review, fair and square. Requiem got a review as requested, and the undercut was dealt with swiftly and without mucking up the workings. So, your turn. Just let people know what to review.

As to jireh:
    Sid's right. You did this before. This game is all about equal exchange. You want a review? You got to give one first. I'm not going to go over the rules, they're clearly laid out in the first post. Go read them before you come back again.
    Though ... I just ... dont know which story to review first? I'll just try to hunt for one in here to review.

So let me recall as to how I SHOULD TO THIS MECHANIC.
    a. before I ask for a review, I should REVIEW another's work first (which must be the latest responder you should review. Look, the rules posted here felt a bit vague for me. okay? more details? cause the details didn't clear portions of the rule.)
    b. Once I did the complex review for every chapter, THEN I ASK FOR A REVIEW! gosh.

Look guys, this is how I interpreted the rules assigned here back then.
    a. request for a review.
    b. Once you got a review from someone, then review his work.
    c. repeat previous two steps
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

This is very simple. If you want to participate in the game, you have to first review the last person who posted, and then the next person who posts will review your work (not the person you reviewed, unless they happen to also post after you). That way it goes in a chain: everyone who writes a review will get a review, with nobody left cold because someone doesn't reciprocate. This sentence of the first post of the thread should make this abundantly clear:

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja
    NOTE: Before you post here asking for a review, you must first write/post the review for the story ahead of you. You can't "claim" a spot. Go, write the review, and then post here saying you did it, and you will become next in line.
    Also, no, you don't have to review every chapter. One review game post gets you a review of one chapter. If the next person in the review game hasn't read the preceding chapters, they'll generally review the first chapter, or if the author thinks a later chapter can stand on its own, they can instruct the next person to just read that chapter and give their impressions of it alone.
    Last edited by Dragonfree; 12th November 2012 at 12:18 PM.

Chapter 64: Hide and Seek
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfree View Post
    This is very simple. If you want to participate in the game, you have to first review the last person who posted, and then the next person who posts will review your work. That way it goes in a chain: everyone who writes a review will get a review, with nobody left cold because someone doesn't reciprocate. This sentence of the first post of the thread should make this abundantly clear:

Also, no, you don't have to review every chapter. One review game post gets you a review of one chapter. If the next person in the review game hasn't read the preceding chapters, they'll generally review the first chapter, or if the author thinks a later chapter can stand on its own, they can instruct the next person to just read that chapter and give their impressions of it alone.
    Dude. I just found out your old story was the one I read 2 years ago. here's my review. So ... could you review any chapter of my original story (it will bring you there by clicking the picture of the signature)?
    please tell me I did it right this time?

@_@ I didn't review anyone; I only replied to try to clarify things, which I apparently failed at. You should be reviewing the last person who posted saying they'd reviewed something, not just anyone who posted last with anything. Which you actually did, because I see you've reviewed The Last Meowth by Sid87, so you're done. Whoever posts next (not me, because again I'm only replying to try to clarify things to you; the game should ignore me entirely because I didn't post a review) will now have to review your fic, so all you have to do now is wait.

Thanks for the review, though! Sorry I wasn't clearer.

(And once somebody has reviewed you and posted in the thread, you can at any point review the last fic posted in the thread by someone who's done a review and post again, if you want to get another review.)

Chapter 64: Hide and Seek
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    All right. HERE is my review of the prologue and first chapter of Embrace. They were like night-and-day, and I hope the rest of the story tends more towards the way chapter one went! I will check back in when you update!

I'm not going to ask anyone to review Brothers' Bond, don't worry. I have a one-shot up called "The Last Meowth" that I'd love some thoughts on. It can be found right here.

Thanks!
    I just finished reviewing your oneshot. It is pretty nice. Stories with innocent yung people are charming. Are you okay to review any of my chapters of Feli Chronicles Vitandes (click the picture from my signature)?

Here's my review for the prologue and chapter one of Feli Chronicles.

As for me, as always I'll give a choice between a Pokemon fic and a non-Pokemon fic.

Pokemon Fic: With Me Always (Oneshot, G, ~1,600 words)

OR

Slayers Fic: Burn (Oneshot, PG, ~2,200 words)

Here's some relevant Slayers background if you're the kind of stellar individual who hasn't seen Slayers, but is willing to read a fic from it anyway (skippable):

Spoiler:- Background for Burn:

Here's my review for you Pokeshipping one shot. learn more in my review why I prefer pokemon over humans as protagonists in pokefanfics

Would it be okay for you to check out my other story? Its a bit darker from what I planned compare to my other stories so far. A pokemon centered fic this time. Probably one of my hardest projects I've planned in a fanfic
    Last edited by jireh the provider; 14th November 2012 at 1:14 PM.

Just reviewed jireh's. Can someone please review chapters 2 and 3 of Champion Alliance? You can read Chapter 1 as well if you'd like. Just click the banner to get to the story. Thanks!
    Last edited by ESPNfanatic35; 19th November 2012 at 1:35 AM.

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNfanatic35 View Post
    Just reviewed jireh's. Can someone please review chapters 2 and 3 of Champion Alliance? You can read Chapter 1 as well if you'd like. Just click the banner to get to the story. Thanks!
    I gave your chapter 2 a review on Pokemon mystery Dungeon: Nomad Seekers. Its my PMD story. And it does not follow the casual PMD tale. Click the pic at my signature
    Last edited by jireh the provider; 30th November 2012 at 12:28 PM.

Reviewed Nomad Seekers, since I think that was the story he was referring to. It's a pretty long review, just letting you know.

All righty, um... you have two choices, I suppose. One, you could go ahead and review the first few chapters of Forsaken (or the entire thing if you're brave enough), or if you wish to go outside of the Pokémon fandom, and have seen Wreck-It Ralph or don't mind getting some spoilers, you can go ahead and review Mag Mell. Your choice.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I reviewed Chapter 1 of Forsaken.

Someone please review Chapter 1(or chapter 2 if you've reviewed Chapter 1) of The Girl Who Knows the Hearts of Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryzuzu
    I reviewed Chapter 1 of Forsaken.

Someone please review Chapter 1(or chapter 2 if you've reviewed Chapter 1) of The Girl Who Knows the Hearts of Dragons.
    I reviewed Chapter 1. Somebody please review the latest chapter of: Across the World, And Back Again

-You can find the link in my signature! XD
    Last edited by Chapter; 18th January 2013 at 12:40 AM.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    Reviewed. Can someone review my story, PMD Ivory: The Sacred Relics? Its located in the signature.
    I'm afraid that review most certainly does not meet the review requirements, specified in the first post. You may change it so that it does meet the requirements, and post again saying so, at least until someone else steps up to review it. Until then, Chapter of Charizard is up next with Across the World and Back Again.

*sigh* Seriously people, read the rules...
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    I reviewed Chapter 1. Somebody please review the latest chapter of: Across the World, And Back Again

-You can find the link in my signature! XD
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...6#post15603756 << Did it. Hope I did it right.

If I did, next person can review Holiday Cooking Frenzy >> http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...%29&highlight=
    岩根雅明=♡

Done

Someone please review The Girl Who Knows the Hearts of Dragons. Chapter one if you haven't, Chapter two if you've done Chapter one.

Done with Chapter 2 of The Girl Who Knows the Hearts of Dragons.

I'd like a review for Chapter 7 of The Angel of Reckoning this time.

The context if you aren't familiar with it already:

Spoiler:- Context/Background:

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Been awhile, but I'm back. Here's my review for chapter 7 of Angel of Reckoning.

As always, I'll give the next reviewer a choice between one of my Pokemon pieces and one of my Slayers ones.

Pokemon: Out of My League (Prologue + 2 Chapters, PG-13, ~3,700 words per chapter)

or...

Slayers: Silly Slayers Vignettes I (Vignette Collection, PG-13, ~2,800 words)

If you're up for trying out the Slayers fic, but don't know anything about Slayers, here's some pertinent background information that might help you out (skippable):

Spoiler:- background info:

Thanks in advance!

Okay, I've decided to try my hand at writing a decent review and thus reviewed Out of My League (proof being here).

Could someone review my fic, Proving Grounds? The link is in my sig, but those attempting a review should be warned: you may be in for a long read. XD
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

I've reviewed your story's first chapter here, and hopefully I met the requirements. If not, I'll definitely fix that up.

Was hoping to get a review for the first chapter of Refinery (~2k words), the second post in my sig. The prologue in the first post isn't a necessary read, at 500 words, but I'll summarize it here for anyone who just wants to get the gist of it;

Spoiler:- Prologue summary:
    "That poison's only strong enough to kill a dead dog"

A boy and his frog, venturing across the lands in search of sister and glory.

Review for Refinery, and from me, Salvage, any chapter. There are four to choose from at this point, all quite short.

Here's my review of Salvage. Someone please review Hoenn Reborn, either the prologue or first chapter. The link is in the URL in my signature.
    Shoot Confirmed.

the Writers of Justice + the Fanfiction Mafia

banner and userbar by the fantastic Brutaka / gif by a friend

PokeCommunity . Writers of Justice . FanFiction.Net

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly.Braviary View Post
    Here's my review of Salvage. Someone please review Hoenn Reborn, either the prologue or first chapter. The link is in the URL in my signature.
    I reviewed it
    my review

Please review this chapter of my fic:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...9#post15651609
    Last edited by RealRaymon; 11th February 2013 at 2:05 PM.

Done!! I've reviewed a chapter(s) of Max's New Adventures here is the link@

Please review my story, any chapters. BUT BE WARNED. My fanfiction has a lot of crazy stuff in there. Link in the signature. Or Here!@

So Dormant signing off..

One Author, One Creator and Two boys. Set in Johto. Where everything is not what it seems. For they must flee from the group called the Grammar Police. And saved the World from an unknown threat.

Credits to ~BrightStarVictory~ of Subspace Generate Graphics!

So Bad It's Good and, So Bad It's Good 2: War of the Turkey

Oneshot(s)! It's-IT'S. It's.....Something. Caution: May shatter your sanity. Read, if you dare.....

My Author's Profile

I have finished reviewing Chapter One of 'Seeking for Trouble'.

Please review Bond Chapter One, found in my siggy :3

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I reviewed the Bond's first chapter.

Please review Chapter 30 in "Max's New Adventures"
    Last edited by RealRaymon; 12th February 2013 at 1:39 PM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast