Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Review Game

Not on the topic of reviews, but guys, seriously. Read the rules. These reviews are nowhere near what they have to be. The point is to give a depth review with at least four points. The reviews I'm seeing barely constitute one. There's nothing I can do about the preexisting ones (and it's partly my fault for not checking up on them).

From now on though, read the rules. I will be checking each review from here on out to see if it meets the criteria. If it doesn't you won't be the next in the rotation. The person who you reviewed will still be next.

So, as much as I feel like a hypocrite doing it, DragonkingUK is next with The Demonic Child.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

I looked at DragonkingUK's sig, and it says the Demon Child has died, as a story.

So what do I do?
    Charizard

Enought Said

I think the best course of action would be to review "The Human Pokemon".

If thats so then hes already done The Human Pokemon http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...5&postcount=15
    I am back again, and now made a new fic called The Pokemon Threat, it will have crossbreeds and mutated Pokemon in it, hopefully it will be my best, but am not sure, reviews would be VERY welcome.

Its true, so does that count?

If so, could some one review A Chimchar's Tale. Links in my signature.
    Charizard

Enought Said

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKingUK View Post
    If thats so then hes already done The Human Pokemon http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...5&postcount=15
    This isn't a very coherent review, though I suppose it does raise some valid points. If you can get it (or write another) with the requirements outlined in the first post, I'll count it. Until that happens:
    DragonKingUK is up next with The Human Pokemon.

Well he has been banned now...

So what next?
    Charizard

Enought Said

To avoid any further confusion, I've gone and reviewed A Chimchar's Tale, and that review can be found here. This is also a good example for the length of what reviews should be, and the kinds of content that's to be expected.

Since I reviewed, I'm up next. I'd like a review on either chapter 5 or 6 of Hero's Path, Strange Lands or Dread Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Since I reviewed, I'm up next. I'd like a review on either chapter 5 or 6 of Hero's Path, Strange Lands or Dread Wizard
    I left a review for Chapter Five of Hero's Path, located here. Hopefully it meets expectations. ^^;; It's rather late and I'm tired. Hahah.

Well, I guess it's my turn then. If someone could review Chapter One of my fic "Within My Own Nightmares" located here I'd extremely appreciate it. I've got the prologue in the original post, but you can find chapter one in my spoiler'd table of contents.

Spoiler:- Just to sweeten the deal:
    ~Facebook~ | ~Tumblr~ | ~Twitter~
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/54xhxk.jpg[/IMG]
    (Credit for the banner goes to myself. Click it to see my fan fic; comments & reviews appreciated!)

Okie-dokie, Dawn_Hero, here ya go!

All right, next poster, you feel up to it? According to the OP's rules, chaptered stories must have early chapters be reviewed, and since chapter four is really long, I'm not going to torture you with that unless you want to. So, any of the first three chapters will do.

(And don't post this review on FanFiction.net, we'll need the link it. *looks at phoopes*)
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 27th December 2011 at 8:39 PM.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Oh! Why that's easy. Best shipfic I've ever read. Well done. And that's saying a lot because I went through a Brony stage before I realized it was retarded.

Please review my D advantur ub NUBNES!!11

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=555637

Derugo.
    When it happens...eat pie. =3

Read this if you feel silly.

https://login.fanfiction.net/story/s...1603&chapter=1

Um.. yay? :3

You see me coming, you better not laugh and lie, one man did and one man died!
    (Of laughter)

Pls not to be hating me cos I probably much younger and stupider than you >:U

well that has been closed now so what do we do now?
    I am back again, and now made a new fic called The Pokemon Threat, it will have crossbreeds and mutated Pokemon in it, hopefully it will be my best, but am not sure, reviews would be VERY welcome.

Um, well, I can't find RetardRaichu's review of Forsaken. Unless this changes, Kutie Pie is still up next.

well heres my review of kutie pie's fan fic

http://serebiiforums.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=146

so can somebody reveiw chapter 7 of The Human Pokemon now please

well heres my review of kutie pie's fan fic

so can somebody reveiw chapter 7 of The Human Pokemon now please
    I'm sorry. That does not meet the review requirements detailed in the first post. Read those, and then if you choose to fix the review, let me know. until then, Forsaken is still up next.

ok i fixed it up is that ok now?

if so can the someody review chapter 7 of The Human Pokemon link in sig

ok i fixed it up is that ok now?

if so can the someody review chapter 7 of The Human Pokemon link in sig
    Again, no. In the first post, I specified the minimum requirements for each review. However, in case you somehow missed it:

For Stories Depth, your review needs to fulfill these requirements, otherwise you will not be seen as someone who has fulfilled their obligation and you can thus not participate. (meaning, you will not be given a review in return).

REVIEW REQUIREMENTS:
    Choose at least four of these eleven and comment upon with at least two sentences. Comments like "That was totally cool, update!" or "I want to read more" does not constitute as a sentence that is to be counted, in this case. This doesn't mean you can't put it in the review, just don't count it as a point.

Also, each sentence must comment on something different in the area. For example, 'I really enjoyed the piece. I thought it was very enjoyable' does not count as two sentences. "I really enjoyed the piece. It was enjoyable because I could relate to the characters' is acceptable.
    So... here are some prompts for reviews. It does not need to come from this list, if you see something else worth commenting on. These are merely here as a guide.

- Opening (did it make you want to read onwards? Did it lack a hook? How so?)

- Ending (did it make you want to read onwards? Did you feel closure? Unfinished? How so?)

- Scene (what stood out to you in a particular scene? Was it good or bad? How so?)

- Dialogue (how did it flow? Awkward? Didn't fit the age group that were speaking? Forced? How so?)

- Characters (too empty? Not enough to give an impression? Feel sympathetic? How so?)

- Relationships (is it credible that those two characters behave the way they do? Too unnatural? Forced? How so?)

- Writing (too flowery? Too many adverbs? Too oldfashioned for a high-school drama romance? Perfect match? How so?)

- Spelling/Grammar (anything that stuck out and needed to be corrected?) Note: Pointing out an absence of flaws does not count.

- Enjoyment (how did you feel from reading this and WHY? Were you dozing off? On your seat with suspense? How so?)

- Plot (clichéd but well done? Interesting idea but poor execution? Suggestions on how to thicken it? Got no idea where it's heading, but interesting anyhow? How so?)

- Pace (are things progressing too slowly? If so, what should happen?)

- Techniques (how well you feel the techniques were used to convey the ideas in the story? How they were used an what effect it gave to that part of the story?)

- Other (anything you felt was left out from the other commentaries? Any areas you think weren't covered by the above categories?)

Note: Summary and/or title is not a category of its own. Neither is descriptions. The latter belongs to "Writing".
    ---

REVIEW TEMPLATE
    Here is a suggested way to format your review in order make sure it fits the qualifications. Again, doesn't really have to be this way, but it helps keep thoughts in order.

[Area 1 from above] = Two sentences about this
    [Area 2 from above] = Two sentences about this
    [Area 3 from above] = Two sentences about this
    [Area 4 from above] = Two sentences about this
    If your review can meet these requirements, I will count it.

I believe I finally made a suitable review of Forsaken, so can someone review "Colony 9.0"? The link's in my sig.
    My fan-fic(Credit to Gelatino95 at Crazy Dragon Graphics for the userbar) Author's profile
    And here's an awesome RPG. It has dinosaurs!And a sprite comic, because I can't draw!

Please click my dragon(s)!

Quote Originally Posted by treeko's awesomeness View Post
    I believe I finally made a suitable review of Forsaken, so can someone review "Colony 9.0"? The link's in my sig.
    Done. Nice chapter, treeko's awesomeness. Hahah. Now, if anyone would be up to it, I'd love for the first chapter of my new fic, The Villain, to be reviewed since I'm interested to see what others might think of the concept. Link is located here.
    ~Facebook~ | ~Tumblr~ | ~Twitter~
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/54xhxk.jpg[/IMG]
    (Credit for the banner goes to myself. Click it to see my fan fic; comments & reviews appreciated!)

Though I didn't say explicitly it was because of the review game, here it is.

Okie-dokie, who's going to be the next brave reader? (Really, any of the first few chapters will do, I'm not that big of a nag.) Sorry I keep plaguing everyone with this, but I have of yet to write (well, finish) anything new. If you want me to stop bugging people about it, FeralNinja, stop me let me know, and I'll stray from the thread until I write something else. But this is such a great thread, I don't want to see it fade into obscurity.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Reviewed chapter one of Forsaken. I intend to return for followup reviews of later chapters.

I would like to once again request reviews of The Victory Star of Fate. Any chapter or chapters, though the more the better, obviously.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

This is a great idea.

I've reviewed the prologue of The Victory Star of Fate.

I won't bug you guys with something non-Pokemon-related yet. So how about Judgment Day? It's a oneshot.

I have reviewed judgement day, and would very much appreciate some one reviewing symbiosis for me.

:)
    Chapter Four, Touching down globally!

banner by Sweetmay!
    fc:2809-8345-0268

Spoiler:- Pokemon personality test and such:

Because I don't want this thread to die, I went ahead to review Symbiosis. Apologies if it sounds harsh, but I did give reasons.

Le gasp, a change of story?! That's right, you don't get to review Forsaken this time! Instead, I have a one-shot. It's short, so it shouldn't take too long, but it's a Whisper of the Heart one-shot. I suggest seeing the movie first if you haven't already and you're interested. But if you're familiar with the movie, review away! I stepped outside of my comfort zone a little bit writing it, so I wanted to see how well I did.

Entrustment

On request, Entrustment is off-limits, so looks like you're all going to be stuck with Forsaken for a long time X3. Who wants to be the brave soul?

Naaaaw, the first few chapters will work.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 30th April 2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: review request edited on... well... request
    I survived Pupa.

An off topic post to bump this: there's been a change to the rules, I've decided to restrict the review requests to only pokemon fics. I'm sorry if people feel this is discriminatory, but it's the only way to keep the forum from dying out.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast