Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Review Game

Here's my review.

For the next reviewer, a choice between:

The Tower (3 Chapters, PG, ~3,000 words per chapter) or, if you're willing to read outside of Pokemon, Childish (Oneshot, PG-13, ~1,400 words).

If you pick The Tower, well, since it's only 3 chapters long in its entirety, I'd prefer it if you could give me your opinion on the whole thing, but you're as always welcome to stop at 1 or 2 chapters.

Thanks.

I stepped out of line to read Childish for you, Skiyomi.

You get only one choice this time, the uncreative title of: The Sitters. I'm nervous about this particular one, and lack of reviews don't help I think another person's opinion of it would help ease my mind a little.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...%28one-shot%29 <-- Reviewed for you, Kutie Pie!
    Could the next person review the first and currently only chapter of http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?579487-The-Rocket-Tales-DeCiphering-the-Operation-(PG-13)]The Rocket Tales: DeCiphering the Operation?
    I've had some people on another website review it for me, but I'm still paranoid. I know that the current problems are slow pace and it's too excessive at times, and the whole fourth-wall-destroying thing mightn't appeal to everyone. But anyways...
    /shuffles off quietly
    Pokémon games I own: Diamond, Platinum, White, HeartGold, Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of Time, Explorers of Time, Ranger, Shadows of Almia, Guardian Signs, Colosseum.
    Currently reading the Ginji's Rescue Team manga.

RangerShipping, my OTP~

Solana x Lunick forever~!

Here's my review for The Rocket Tales: DeCiphering the Operation.

For the next reviewer, how about a choice between...

In-Law Blues (Oneshot, PG-13, ~2,000 words) or, if you're willing to read outside of Pokemon, Dwelling On It (Oneshot, PG, ~2,800 words).

Thanks

I haven't seen Slayers before, but I've happily reviewed In-Law Blues.

It's the usual: Carry On, Blissey for me.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

I have reviewed Carry on, Blissey

For the next reviewer, they get to review my story War of Champions. It's already gathered a bit of interest but I'd like a more in-depth review. There's only a prologue and two chapters to read so it shouldn't be too much.

Just posted my review on War of Champions.

Can the next reviewer check out my newest one-shot, Emory in Viridian? It's a more realistic take on a young trainer going through Viridian Forest. My apologies for how short it is, I realize that if you go exactly by the rules for this review game it might be hard to find enough to talk about, so don't stress too much over getting in enough sentences about enough categories, but do please at least try instead of just giving me a quick two line review or something.

I remember when "The Authors' Cafe" was still "The Author's Cafe".
    Scrap, purple_drake, Ryano Ra, and Burnt Flower are my fanfic idols.

--fics--
    NEW:Emory In Viridian- A more realistic spin on a new trainer trekking through Viridian Forest. [one-shot]
    NEW:Pallet Evening News [on DeviantArt and not Serebii due to short length] - A disturbing report from Pallet Town's evening news concerning three new trainers. [one-shot]
    Tómur -Dark contemplations of an undisclosed Pokemon about nothingness and the end. [one-shot]
    The Traveler - A lonely traveler encounters a malevolent pokemon during the night on Route 8. [one-shot]
    Redead - A Redead's perspective on its own life. [Legend of Zelda one-shot]

More at my DeviantArt

.... and done and I think I did better this time

If I did, then next person can review Reunion, which is in my signature V
    岩根雅明=♡

My review of Emory!

Like I said in the review...good story, but I'd love for it to have been longer.

See my signature for Brothers' Bond. I'd like someone who could review the most recent chapters (10-13) because I've gotten plenty of feedback on the first few chapters. But really, anything would be nice. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Ugh! For the second time in a week (and third time ever in this topic), my review is ninja'd out from under me while I was writing it. This time I didn't realize Gothitelle posted here before I submitted my post. So I guess you can ignore mine and review her story.
    Last edited by Sid87; 6th August 2012 at 11:43 PM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

^ it's up to the OP to decide... i could have screwed up again. lol
    岩根雅明=♡

Here's my review for Reunion. Sorry I leave long, rambly reviews @_@

As for me, how about a choice between Specialization (Oneshot, G, ~2,400 words) or, if you're willing to read outside of Pokemon, The Oracle's Wish (24 Chapters, PG-13, ~3,200 words per chapter).

If you pick The Oracle's Wish, you're under no pressure to read all 24 chapters. Thanks in advance.

Did my review of Specialization.

Since he reviewed my fic and got ninja'd out of the review he deserves in return, I'd like someone to review Brother's Bond by Sid87. To quote his wishes:
    I'd like someone who could review the most recent chapters (10-13) because I've gotten plenty of feedback on the first few chapters. But really, anything would be nice. Thanks in advance!

I remember when "The Authors' Cafe" was still "The Author's Cafe".
    Scrap, purple_drake, Ryano Ra, and Burnt Flower are my fanfic idols.

--fics--
    NEW:Emory In Viridian- A more realistic spin on a new trainer trekking through Viridian Forest. [one-shot]
    NEW:Pallet Evening News [on DeviantArt and not Serebii due to short length] - A disturbing report from Pallet Town's evening news concerning three new trainers. [one-shot]
    Tómur -Dark contemplations of an undisclosed Pokemon about nothingness and the end. [one-shot]
    The Traveler - A lonely traveler encounters a malevolent pokemon during the night on Route 8. [one-shot]
    Redead - A Redead's perspective on its own life. [Legend of Zelda one-shot]

More at my DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by SnoringFrog View Post
    Did my review of Specialization.

Since he reviewed my fic and got ninja'd out of the review he deserves in return, I'd like someone to review Brother's Bond by Sid87. To quote his wishes:
    You're the man, Frog! Thanks a ton for bringing me back up. I'll just repost my old thing in whole.

My review of Emory!

Like I said in the review...good story, but I'd love for it to have been longer.

See my signature for Brothers' Bond. I'd like someone who could review the most recent chapters (maybe from about chapter 9 or 10 to chapter 13) because I've gotten plenty of feedback on the first few chapters. But really, anything would be nice. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Sid87; 10th August 2012 at 1:16 PM.

I'm here asking for a review on my first original story: Feli Chronicles: Vitandes. Follow the link below. But I can give you guys 2 options to read. Read it here or read it on my twitter.

A. This one is here at Serebiiforums
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...3#post14949763

B. This one is my more progressed status on Tumblr:
    http://jirehtheprovider.tumblr.com/
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    I'm here asking for a review on my first original story: Feli Chronicles: Vitandes. Follow the link below. But I can give you guys 2 options to read. Read it here or read it on my twitter.

A. This one is here at Serebiiforums
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...3#post14949763

B. This one is my more progressed status on Tumblr:
    http://jirehtheprovider.tumblr.com/
    I don't want to mini-mod you, but I will since it's my review that you skipped over and I feel the need to defend my own honor.

The rules to the Review Game on the fan-fiction board are that to ask for a review, you have to review (according to the rules and standards presented in the opening post) the last story that was posted. So Author A posts that he wants a review. Author B comes in and has to review Author A, then Author B asks for a review. Author C comes in, reviews Author B's work and then asks for a review. Author D comes in, reviews Author C's story and asks for a review. So Author E can't just come in, ignore Author D's request, and request a review (Author E here is you and Author D is me).

So I'm sure someone will be happy to review your story, but go back to the first page and check the rules first before you try again.

So while I'm here, just refreshing my request of a review of the most recent handful of chapters to Brothers' Bond (linked in my signature). The chapters are all relatively short (5 pages each)!
    Last edited by Sid87; 10th August 2012 at 1:22 PM.

*OFF TOPIC*
    Thanks, Sid. Been away for a few days, or I would have dealt with it myself.
    *BACK ON TOPIC*

Sid87 is up with Brother's Bond.

Here's my review for the prologue-chapter 7 of Brother's Bond. I'm sorry it's not up to the most recent stuff, but I had to start at the beginning.

For the next reader, how about a choice between Need a Lift? (Oneshot, PG, ~1,600 words) or, if you're willing to read outside of Pokemon, Guilty (Oneshot, PG-13, ~3,000 words).

Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 'Need a Lift?' ~! x3

A review of Polar Nettles? All of it, please - they are only 200 words a 'chapter'; it's a drabble collection. x3

Floating over your rocky spine
    The glaciers made you and now you're mine

Pair: duncan | Lyrics: Great Lake Swimmers

I reviewed Polar Nettles (all of it, as requested).

In turn, I would politely request a review of Pokemon Epilogues: The Birth, also linked in my signature.

Thank you kindly.

EDIT: I suppose I should specify that it's a bit long. I don't know what peoples' preferences are. I understand that it's time consuming to read all eight chapters straight, so a review of just the first couple is fine. Though, I'd love feedback on the later chapters, as I've had lots of help with the first three.
    Last edited by Tonberry_King; 15th August 2012 at 3:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I don't want to mini-mod you, but I will since it's my review that you skipped over and I feel the need to defend my own honor.

The rules to the Review Game on the fan-fiction board are that to ask for a review, you have to review (according to the rules and standards presented in the opening post) the last story that was posted. So Author A posts that he wants a review. Author B comes in and has to review Author A, then Author B asks for a review. Author C comes in, reviews Author B's work and then asks for a review. Author D comes in, reviews Author C's story and asks for a review. So Author E can't just come in, ignore Author D's request, and request a review (Author E here is you and Author D is me).

So I'm sure someone will be happy to review your story, but go back to the first page and check the rules first before you try again.

So while I'm here, just refreshing my request of a review of the most recent handful of chapters to Brothers' Bond (linked in my signature). The chapters are all relatively short (5 pages each)!
    Please tell me I'm doing this one right this time Mr. Tread owner. I've been analyzing the others already

Below is my review (in all honesty, doctoral stuff makes me sick but seems this one gave me some curiosity to like doctoral stories)

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14995172

I hope someone can Review my stories: I got 2:

a. Feli chronicles: Vitandes. Start with Chap.1 if you wanthttp://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...icles-Vitandes

b. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Nomad Seekers http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Nomad-Seekers
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Please tell me I'm doing this one right this time Mr. Tread owner. I've been analyzing the others already

Below is my review (in all honesty, doctoral stuff makes me sick but seems this one gave me some curiosity to like doctoral stories)

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14995172
    Not quite, I'm afraid. To qualify, a review needs to have two complete sentences per point. I know, it seems like I'm splitting hairs here, but them's the rules.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Not quite, I'm afraid. To qualify, a review needs to have two complete sentences per point. I know, it seems like I'm splitting hairs here, but them's the rules.
    I also got completely skipped. T_T

Um. Oooookay. Tonberry_King is up next with Pokemon Epilogues: The Birth.

I think.

Here's my review for episode one of Pokemon Epilogues: The Birth.

For the next reader, how about a choice between Renovation (Oneshot, G, ~3,000 words) or, if you're willing to read outside of Pokemon, Legal Matter (12 Chapters, R, ~3,500 words per chapter).

If you choose Legal Matter, you're under no obligation to read all the chapters. Thanks in advance.

Okay! Renovation has been reviewed! Here it is!

For whomever signs up next, I request that you review my fic, Titans of Kanto. It's currently 5 chapters long, although if no one signs up anytime soon, it will likely be 6 chapters long.

For the potential reviewer, you don't have to read every chapter to do a review. Any amount of feedback is fine. Thanks in advance!
    Click the Banner below to read my newest fan-fic, Titans of Kanto.

All credit for the banner goes to the glorious Brutaka!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast