Thread: Eeveelution Team

Hybrid View

Default Eeveelution Team

Well, the team is an Eeveelution team, obviously. I love the Eeveelutions Because of Vaporeon and Espeon, I'm forced into OU, but they perform fairly well. Anyways, leading off the team...

Jolteon (Swift) @ Air Balloon
    Volt Absorb
    Modest
    4 Hp/252 SpAtk/252 Spe
    Thunderbolt
    Work Up
    Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power Ice

Jolteon is a very nice lead. Air Balloon allows it to survive a hit before it can be Earthquake'd. Work Up allows it to raise its own SpAtk before attacking with STAB Thunderbolt or Hidden Power Ice for annoying Dragons or Shadow Ball for extra coverage. Its Volt Absorb also comes in handy to protect its good pal...

Vaporeon (Wave) @ Leftovers
    Water Absorb
    Modest
    252 Hp/4 Def/252 SpAtk
    Scald
    Ice Beam
    Wish
    Protect

Vaporeon is normally used as an effective wall. However, it can serve well as a Special Attacker with high HP. Scald over Surf because I like the burn chance, Ice Beam for coverage obviously, and Wish to restore health to itself or allies, with Protect to make sure it gets its health.

Flareon (Nitro) @ Leftovers
    Flash Fire
    Calm
    252 Hp/80 Def/176 SpD
    Will-o-Wisp
    Roar
    Wish
    Protect

Flareon was just destroyed in the special split, but I chose to take advantage of its high Special Defense by making it somewhat of a Burn staller. Burn helps make up for its lower physical defense, Roar is to phaze out stat-boosters, Wish restores health and Protect makes sure it gets that health.

Espeon (Dreamer) @ Focus Sash
    Magic Bounce
    Timid
    4 Hp/252 SpAtk/252 Spe
    Calm Mind
    Stored Power
    Hidden Power Fighting
    Baton Pass

Espeon switches in well on common entry hazard users and starts off with a Calm Mind while the opponent is switching or being stupid enough to try the entry hazard again because it might work the second time. Stored Power has worked well for me, as after two Calm Mind boosts, it's at 10 BP higher than Psychic. Hidden Power Fighting hits dark and steel types.

Umbreon (Night) @ Chople Berry
    Synchronize
    Careful
    252 Hp/252 Def/4 SpD
    Heal Bell
    Wish
    Protect
    Toxic

Umbreon is like a god of toxic stall. With Heal Bell, he can cure himself and any allies of Toxic, so he can't be stalled himself. Wish and Protect to regain health. Any steel or poison types he can't toxic will be passed to Flareon to deal with.

Leafeon (Flora) @ Life Orb
    Chlorophyll
    Jolly
    252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Swords Dance
    Leaf Blade
    Return
    Synthesis

Leafeon has great synergy with Flareon. Flareon burns, Leafeon switches in with almost 300 Defense, starts setting up Swords Dances whilst healing itself with Synthesis. Return and Leaf Blade get better neutral coverage than Leaf Blade and X-Scissor, so Return is used.

Well, that's the team. I know it's a theme team but I am trying to make it as viable as possible. Help me out to that extent. Thank you.

Your umbreon and flareon is pure taunt bait
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Quote Originally Posted by Swagga09 View Post
    Your umbreon and flareon is pure taunt bait
    So, what should I do about it? I could imagine putting Dig on Flareon, but that costs his Roar. I was also debating Curse and Payback on Umbreon, but that would cost Protect and Heal Bell, and I need his Heal Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by agenta2 View Post
    So, what should I do about it? I could imagine putting Dig on Flareon, but that costs his Roar. I was also debating Curse and Payback on Umbreon, but that would cost Protect and Heal Bell, and I need his Heal Bell.
    If anything put a Fire attack on Flareon, that will help with your team's Bug weakness, and will whittle down the pokemon you try to burn stall faster. As for Umbreon, no matter what you do Taunt is going to be an issue for it (when Dream World abilities were being handed out, Espeon and Umbreon both really should have gotten Magic Bounce). Luckily, it's not as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be. Yeah, Taunt completely shuts down Umbreon, but most people only put one, maybe two, pokemon on their team that carry the move. If you bring Umbreon in after taking out that Taunter, it should be clear sailing from there.

Try putting the Mental Herb on Umbreon anyways though. So if they Taunt you, you still get a Toxic in on that turn, can use Protect the next, then switch to Espeon to hopefully bounce the Taunt back at them, and then Baton Pass back to Umbreon, because at that point they'll either a)switch in another pokemon for you to poison or b) stay in and attack giving you two Taunt-free turns of stalling.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 7th October 2011 at 6:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by agenta2 View Post
    So, what should I do about it? I could imagine putting Dig on Flareon, but that costs his Roar.
    Mebe you should try something along the lines of a bulky Flame Charge set? :0

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

Idk about not having X-Scissor. I mean, at least it doesn't leave your only physical sweeper completely walled by Ferrothorn. :0

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

On Espeon either take the EV's out of Sp. Atk and put them into Hp or switch Stored Power out for Psychic/Psyshock. Since Stored Power requires a few Calm Mind's to power up you'll need that extra bulk, otherwise take it out for Psychic or Psyshock so you get a strong hit right off the bat.

And put Leftovers on Umbreon. The Chople Berry will only weaken the first fighting attack, which any Umbreon worth its salt should be able to survive anyways. It's the multiple fighting attacks following that will kill it and the Chople berry won't do anything against those. Or a Mental Herb so you can at least get a Toxic in before it's Taunted.

Oh, and half your team would be decimated by Bug Types, so you might want to do something about that.

You should run foul play on Umbreon so he can't be taunted.

You should run foul play on Umbreon so he can't be taunt bait. Foul play is good because of Umbreon's great defense and HP

You should run foul play on Umbreon so he can't be taunt bait. Foul play is good because of Umbreon's great defense and HP
    1. Taunt still cripples that Umbreon
    2. Foul Play is really inconsistent, relying on the opponent having a strong Attack stat. Not every Pokemon has a strong Attack stat, and the ones that do that are used against Umbreon resist Foul Play anyway.
    3. It kinda goes against what Umbreon is meant to do, especially here. Toxic Stalling is generally more effective than Foul Play
    4. As mentioned, most teams only carry 1 or 2 Taunters. Eliminate them and there's no more problem. Even if they're still around, it's not too hard to predict their switches and get Toxic on them anyway, which pretty much defeats the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post
    1. Taunt still cripples that Umbreon
    2. Foul Play is really inconsistent, relying on the opponent having a strong Attack stat. Not every Pokemon has a strong Attack stat, and the ones that do that are used against Umbreon resist Foul Play anyway.
    3. It kinda goes against what Umbreon is meant to do, especially here. Toxic Stalling is generally more effective than Foul Play
    4. As mentioned, most teams only carry 1 or 2 Taunters. Eliminate them and there's no more problem. Even if they're still around, it's not too hard to predict their switches and get Toxic on them anyway, which pretty much defeats the purpose.
    Well, I suppose in this case. I used an offensive Umbreon before, and it has been useful, especially when physical attackers try to set up and get nailed by their own attack. My Umbreon ran Foul Play/Moonlight/Heal Bell/Toxic so it really doesn't make that big of a difference, just one is offensive and the other is defensive.