Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porygon-Z Discussion

Default Porygon-Z Discussion

Porygon-Z

TYPE: Normal

Stats: 85/80/70/135/75/90

Ability: Download/AdaptabilityAnalytic (Hidden)

Porygon-Z may not seem very threatening at first, for it has a Speed stat that quite lets it down. However, with its Special Attack stat and movepool, it can devastate unprepared teams.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
    Adaptability
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    Tri Attack
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Dark Pulse/Hidden Power [Fight]

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
    Adaptability
    Timid Nature
    4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    Nasty Plot/Agility
    Tri Attack
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam

These are its two main sets. A choice set and a boosting set. Porygon-Z also has the niche of being the only viable Hyper Beam user, amazingly. It hits 300 base power coming off of a 135 base Special Attack. With Choice Specs, it 2HKOs Blissey.

So discuss this Pokemon.

If I had a dollar for every time someone promoted a pokemon for being able to take down an "unprepared team", I would have enough cash to pay off the U.S debt single-handedly and completely in one sitting.

WILL EVERYONE PLEASE STOP USING THAT AS AN EXCUSE FOR USING A CERTAIN POKEMON!

BTW, Porygon wastes a turn recharging, and after Blissey or Chansey hits you w/ Toxic as soon as you fire the 1st lazer, they can just keep on using Softboiled.

I don't know why, but I'm just in a rage right now!

Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post

Porygon-Z

TYPE: Normal

Stats: 85/80/70/135/75/90

Ability: Download/AdaptabilityAnalytic (Hidden)

Porygon-Z may not seem very threatening at first, for it has a Speed stat that quite lets it down. However, with its Special Attack stat and movepool, it can devastate unprepared teams.
    Just saying,the bolded part is true for nearly any pokemon that is worth running.
    Not saying Pory-Z is bad,it is actually a pretty dangerous pokemon in RU being able to 2hko nearly everything.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    If I had a dollar for every time someone promoted a pokemon for being able to take down an "unprepared team", I would have enough cash to pay off the U.S debt single-handedly and completely in one sitting.

WILL EVERYONE PLEASE STOP USING THAT AS AN EXCUSE FOR USING A CERTAIN POKEMON!

BTW, Porygon wastes a turn recharging, and after Blissey or Chansey hits you w/ Toxic as soon as you fire the 1st lazer, they can just keep on using Softboiled.

I don't know why, but I'm just in a rage right now!
    Gooosfraba...

Anyways, i've kinda been avoiding this forum atm 'cause of all the specific Poke threads, but I guess i'll say a bit about Porygon-Z. -w-

I gotta say, it's actually more then half decent in OU IMO. Double Stab Tri-Attack coming offa that cool 135 Sp.Atk is pretty nice. Though it is kinda hard to find a good time to let this guy in with all those Fighting types running around, but they don't lie with his badarse Sp.Atk so he really is well worth it.

I find the Download set with Agility and LO to be pretty darn devastating as well. It patches up his Speed while giving him a sweet boost in Sp.Atk or whatever...I've kinda been using that a lot lately as well. >>

Like any other Poke, play him right and the games all yours. -w-

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

Honestly, base 90 isnt that bad. You can outspeed quite a bit with Timid and base 90 speed. With Adaptability, Tri Attack does a ton of damage, along with its nice base 135 Sp. Atk. Nasty Plot is sort of overkill, but it does help. Agility really helps to sweep. Im not sure why this guy is RU.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Honestly, base 90 isnt that bad. You can outspeed quite a bit with Timid and base 90 speed. With Adaptability, Tri Attack does a ton of damage, along with its nice base 135 Sp. Atk. Nasty Plot is sort of overkill, but it does help. Agility really helps to sweep. Im not sure why this guy is RU.
    You can blame all the Fighting types that troll the current metagame.

Porygon is a great pokemon, its great movepool, decent speed, amazing special attack and awesome ability makes this guy a very offensive and hard hitter pokemon, the only problem are priority moves from the opponent, however rating a pokemon isnt rating what is it weak against but how does it fit in the metagame, and the true is that with scizor, breloom, virizon, scrafty, conkeldurr, lucario and infernape in OU, this pal doesnt have a chance in it however I can see it doing well in UU.
    "Everything will be all right in the end.
    If it's not all right, then it's not the end."

I think Adaptability get porygon-Z and Porygon2 a niche it can grant them great abilities (luckly people don't use slaking and regigigas often).
    Like a sand rush from excadrill (I think porygon-Z will out speed him no excadrill is jolly natured) and sweep the rest of the game, porygon2 can get prankster and get a +1 thunder wave/toxic.
    The posibilities are endless so why this guy is RU? it is really underestimated, in my opinion.

For the fighting pokemons... just kill them first so porygon-Z can sweep.

Saying that "it can devastate unprepared teams" is the same logic as a teacher putting easy questions on a test and saying "it can devastate students that didn't study."

I have claimed Giratina

I like to use the Choice Scarf set with a Modest nature. I'd love to use the Choice Specs for absolute overkill but I always seem to get outsped and it can't really take a hit.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Poor Proygon-Z, got Dusknoir syndrome hey?

I'm mainly from the fourth generation, but even so I believe PoryZ is still threatening. with a choice scarf, it can reach 400> speed, and has good enough coverage for a alright late sweeper I'm pretty sure. But tbh, I am from the fourth generation and things have changed. But I believe PorygonZ deserves a place in UU. Even with good prediction you can possibly get an agiliy/NP up and sweep very heavily. I would think download is used more often than adaptability (at least on choice scarf sets) since you can get a +1 sp atk boost (true or a +1 atk boost, but at least no negative side effects) if the opponent's defense is higher. Adaptability is also quite useful; its stab becomes 2x and is a devastating move wether u use Tri Atk or Hyper Beam.

a couple of you have been saying that the new fighting types destroy it. I can't really think of any UU fighting types of fifth gen but I would hope that PorygonZ could KO them with Psychic? or do they maybe have mach punch on their main sets...?
    I am new to serebii, but I am quite experienced in fourth generation. Truthfully, I am probably horrible in fifth generation, but I will hopefully eventually change at that.

FRED the Weavile

FRED'S BUDDIES (Fred Used Beat Up!)
    Psssh I'm Not Obsessed w/ Weaviles.

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ml7634.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by lucario44444444 View Post
    Poor Proygon-Z, got Dusknoir syndrome hey?
    Hey, What's a Proygon-Z?
    In my experience, Porygon-Z really needs to run scarf or agility, It get's outsped & easily KO'ed much to easily without it, which isn't helped by the abundance of fighting types.

Stupid Question Require Stupid Answers.

Powerful yes but its Speed, relatively low Defenses and lack of resistances lets it down.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleSwampert View Post
    I'm mainly from the fourth generation, but even so I believe PoryZ is still threatening. with a choice scarf, it can reach 400> speed, and has good enough coverage for a alright late sweeper I'm pretty sure. But tbh, I am from the fourth generation and things have changed. But I believe PorygonZ deserves a place in UU. Even with good prediction you can possibly get an agiliy/NP up and sweep very heavily. I would think download is used more often than adaptability (at least on choice scarf sets) since you can get a +1 sp atk boost (true or a +1 atk boost, but at least no negative side effects) if the opponent's defense is higher. Adaptability is also quite useful; its stab becomes 2x and is a devastating move wether u use Tri Atk or Hyper Beam.

a couple of you have been saying that the new fighting types destroy it. I can't really think of any UU fighting types of fifth gen but I would hope that PorygonZ could KO them with Psychic? or do they maybe have mach punch on their main sets...?
    please don't mention Hyper Beam this move sucks in EVERY aspect it NOT worth mentioning even on porygon--Z it gives a free set up or kill turn

If you combine Porygon-z with Zoroark I always get screwed over.
    Though in the current metagame it's outclassed by many things.

Quote Originally Posted by pimm94 View Post
    If you combine Porygon-z with Zoroark I always get screwed over.
    Though in the current metagame it's outclassed by many things.
    huh zoroark + porygon-Z what's the deal? both have fighting weakness both are special sweepers so... what's the deal?

Porygon-Z actually has fair bulk. It's survived a +1 Conkeldurr's Mach Punch and returned with a OHKO Tri Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post
    Porygon-Z actually has fair bulk. It's survived a +1 Conkeldurr's Mach Punch and returned with a OHKO Tri Attack.
    Yeah, by 8%! Also, it takes Porygon-Z without a boost, at least 2 hits to KO Bulk UP Conkeldurr.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Yeah, by 8%! Also, it takes Porygon-Z without a boost, at least 2 hits to KO Bulk UP Conkeldurr.
    Who said it wasn't boosted? Yeah, he died after that, but he took down a fair bit.

I hate it that Porygon-Z, together with Porygon2, never camed in the anime. I hope it will do later.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/51x11h.png[/IMG]

Black FC: 5329-0103-2325

Spoiler:- Chamber of Art:

Quote Originally Posted by Flippd View Post
    I hate it that Porygon-Z, together with Porygon2, never camed in the anime. I hope it will do later.
    I hate it that people seem to not understooded what the word 'competitive' means. I hope they will do later.

Anyway, I really wish that Porygon-Z was Psychic or something, that way it could hit the majority of Fightings harder.

Reason why is because they arent real pokemon; they are just in the cyber world and you know what happened last time they went there (SMIRK)

I think the only reason they haven't shown the other 2 is because of that mess w/ the Kanto Porygon and all of those seizures that happened in that episode w/ Porygon's debut. Look it up in the banned episodes list on the official serebii website.

Porygon-Z as a pokemon is 10/10. HE'S SO FRIGGEN AWESOME. Yeah, he's RU, but he can function in OU with proper support. After a single Nasty Plot, he 2KOs the whole game with the appropriate move! He isn't very frail, but his speed has a lot to be desired, but Agility can fix this. Download and Adaptability makes him a beast, and with a modest nature, a Nasty Plot boost, and a life orb, he can OHKO the standard Blissey! In fact, replace life orb with Normal Gem, and you have around a 20% chance of defeating 4/252spd Chansey! Quite some power indeed. If I had a cookie for everytime Porygon-Z KOed something, I'd have 405 cookies. I mean, he's not THAT great, but he IS THAT powerful. He's a fun poke' to use.:P

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast