Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #40

Default Community POTW #40

Reno's busy writing the last one so here's the next one

This week we'll be doing Stunfisk, one of the new Pokémon

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/618.shtml

Stunfisk has an interesting movepool and type combination, but its stats aren't the best but that doesn't mean it's rubbish as it is capable of a fair bit

Go nuts

Uohcdzksdbkhcbhkwdbkhcbiwehbhkwbdkhc Seriously?

Can't...take...seriously...

Toxic Stall Derp
    -Toxic
    -Protect
    -Thunderbolt
    -Earth Power / Hidden Power [Fire]
    Item Attached: Leftovers
    Ability: Static
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD ll 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
    Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spd) ll Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    Well, Toxic and Protect to do your Toxic stalling action. Thunderbolt for the STAB move...Earth Power for the second STAB move or Hidden Power [Fire] for better coverage. You could run a specially or defensive EV's and Nature.

A Very Special Derp
    -Thunderbolt
    -Earth Power
    -Hidden Power [Fire]
    -Toxic / Thunder Wave
    Item Attached: Choice Specs / Life Orb
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
    Quiet Nature (+SpA, -Spd) / Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
    Thunderbolt and Earth Power for the STAB move. Hidden Power [Fire] for coverage. Last one is a filler, either poison your foe or make them slower.

Physical Derp
    -Spark
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Payback
    Item Attached: Choice Band / Life Orb
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    Now I'm just being random. Spark and Earthquake for your STABs. Stone Edge so you get QuakeEdge coverage. Payback for extra coverage.

You'll Be Cursed If You Look Into Its Eyes
    -Curse
    -Spark
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge / Substitute
    Item Attached: Life Orb / Leftovers
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Curse to raise your stats and lower your already pathetic Speed. Spark and Earthquake for the STABs. Stone Edge for QuakeEdge or Substitute to set up safely. Set works great in Trick Room.

Like I said...can't take it seriously ._.
    Last edited by SazandoraMASTER; 2nd October 2011 at 2:13 PM.

FC: 2022 2993 1000

Not the DerpFish!
    My Youtube Channel

Come Join me on Playstation!
    PSN: TehLoneRaZoR
    Games: CoD: Black Ops, CoD: MW2, CoD: Black Ops 2, Battlefield 3, Assassin's Creed 3

-Thanks FrostStorm

Default Stunfisk

Stun-sweeper

Item: Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SpA / 128 Def / 128 SpD
    Nature: Modest

Moveset:
    - Earth power
    - Thunderbolt
    - Surf
    - Sludge Wave/Hidden power (fire)

Basically, just use this set to kill everything. Stunfisk may not have a hig special attack, but it's movepool is amazing! Grass types will destroy you, unless you can cover for it, so what is up there can help. Sludge wave has more power, but HP (fire) covers ice types as well. Earth power and thunderbolt for STAB moves, and surf for more coverage.
    The EV split is so that you have a chance at surving enough turns to attack twice, which stunfisk might need to KO a pokemon. There is no point in trying to make stunfisk any faster. It is just too slow.
    Static is the ability you watn because limber is almost useless, being a ground type, and despite sand veil maybe getting you a free turn when its sandstormy, static can let you move first, plus crippling a sweeper.

Subsitiute and pain split are options on the sets above, allowing you to stall and also protecting you from statuses. pain split with such huge health is problematic, but after a few subs it becomes very viable

Toxic Stall (Sub) Derp-fish
    -Toxic
    -Subsitute
    -Pain Split
    -Earth Power
    EV's and Nature:
    252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
    Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spd)

OR

You'll Be Cursed If You Look Into Its Sub
    -Curse
    -Subsitiute
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    Item Attached: Life Orb / Leftovers
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

Spark is nearly useless, hitting waters, but flying types get hurt more by stone edge generally and subsitute stops toxic from limiting your sweep. it also stops crits from smashing through you boosted defence.

Also trick room support has some potential to let it sweep, either through good coverage life orb boosted moves or through an incredibly slow curser

Finally, we have a potential ability to function in doubles. either earthquake or discharge hit the whole field, and his reasonable durability allows him to take hits from both pokemon. however vulnerability to surf and earthquake limits his poential
    Last edited by EvanSeven; 2nd October 2011 at 2:36 PM.

Default Finally!

You finally get around to Stunfisk, after I get a lvl 100 shiny one...which I poorly stat-trained, because it was the first thing I ever tried stat-training with... aside for the Shiny Hydregon where my friend recommended max Attack, max SAttack...Back to Stunfisk before it gets any more awkward! Let's see....immune to electric, decent against metal...109 HP and 99 SDef base stats as highest... I think I might just have an idea...

Abilities
    Static - 30% chance of paralysis on any move that makes contact, and the best ability Stunfisk has. It's useful to stop any physical sweepers, such as Zoroark. Not that you'd use one in OU...
    Limber - Immunity to paralysis. Big whoop. Not really that good on a defensive wall set, and nobody runs an offensive Stunfisk unless crazy.
    Sand Veil - Boosts evasion 20% in a sandstorm. Good if you're running it in a Sand Stream team, where sandstorm is there near-permanently. Not good anywhere else.

Movepool - StepShock
    -Endure/Toxic
    -Protect
    -Thunderbolt/Discharge
    -Earth Power/Muddy Water/Surf/Hidden Power [Fire]
    EVs & Nature:
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp. Def/4 Def OR 252 HP/182 Sp. Def/74 Def.
    Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)/Calm nature (+SDef, -Att)

Ok, the premise behind this set is simple - let them come. Static is a deterrent for physical attackers, because once they get hit, you can switch out and potentially pummel them. Protect is the only move I really enforce - it allows Stunfisk to survive one, maybe two, moves it is weak against before feeling the hurt. The next set of moves depends on how you play it. Endure is to last, try to let Static take effect, while Toxic is more for a sapping fight where you risk Stunfisk and leave static to waste while they lose health. Electric moves are intelligent, because there is a very limited chance that you are going to run this with anything but a team with a heavy ground focus, but lacking anything to pummel water. Either Thunderbolt or Discharge, for either a wide-range slam or a focused, high-damage strike. The final move varies. Earth Power provides a semi-decent special Ground move, if you can be bothered chain breeding it, but the chance to lower special attack makes it slightly more usable than Earthquake. Muddy Water and Surf are for running against any ground-type switch in, with Muddy Water also possessing the chance to lower accuracy. Hidden Power [Fire] is more aimed at keeping grasses and ice far, far away.

Partners
    Anything that could use a special wall may just appreciate this. It blocks most non-super effect Special attacks fairly well, and might just paralyze those that try to prey on it's weaker defense.

Counters
    Try other ground types. For UU and NU, a Quagsire or another Water/Ground type works well, while Ground/Grass and Ground/Ice also have a boost against it, due to their immunity to Electric moves.

Stunfisk is a useful Electric type for UU and NU, purely because it can block other Electrics and send them back using Ground-type moves. Not the greatest Ground type from gen V, for that, look at Excadrill, but it's useful, and works well. Also, gotta love the design of something that you can make someone stand on in the mud, just to electrocute them!

This crazy thing is slow but it actually has a great movepool.

Stunfisk @ Choice Specs
    Modest nature
    252 Sp.Atk, 252 Sp.Def, 4 HP
    -Thunderbolt / Thunder
    -Earth Power
    -Surf
    -Sludge Wave

Straightforward. Thunderbolt and Earth Power are STAB, Surf deals with Ground types while Sludge Wave deals with Grass types. Thunder is an option over Thunderbolt if you have rain support, as this crazy thing (what is it actually) also gets surf it can use rain well.

Limber is completely useless as it is a ground type so already immune to thunder wave. Also, Stun Spore or Glare are pretty rare and if they still happen they won't bother Stunfisk too much because it's already almost as slow as Steelix.
    Master balls are the cheapest thing ever invented. It's more fun catching everything with balls that can fail. 'caught Latios in the wild without master ball ftw'

Oh my god, am I the only one here who actually likes Stunfisk?

Sweepfisk

Stunfisk @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    Static
    Modest
    252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD
    Earth Power
    Thunderbolt/Thunder
    Hidden Power [Fire]
    Scald/Surf

This set is probably one of the better sets for this guy. Use it in any weather except Hail. Earth Oiwer and Thunderbolt/Thunder are STAB, while the remaining two moves are coverage.

Doubles/Triples Viability:

Stunfisk is actually pretty good in Doubles/Triples, due to a vast movepool including Muddy Water, Earthquake, and Discharge, and resistances to ROck Slide and Discharge.

Also, it's based on a flatfish.

Derpfisk @ Choice Scarf
    Preferably Sand Veil
    Modet/Timid
    252 Speed, 252 Sp Attack, 4 HP
    -Sludge Wave
    -Thunderbolt
    -Earth Power
    -Scald

This is preferably for use on a sandstorm team, hence Sand Veil. TBolt and Earth Power for STAB. Scald for status chance and coverage. Sludge Wave because it doesn't really have any good moves.
    Grumpig is mine.
    Planned Ruby/Sapphire Remake Team:
    Current Sapphire Team

I do GTS Negotiations. I really like trading Eggs for Eggs. So, if you see a Trainer Card with "BIDOOF is the reason for HATE.", that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post
    Oh my god, am I the only one here who actually likes Stunfisk?
    Did you not read the part where I said I have a level 100 Shiny Stunfisk? I love the freaking thing, but it's not part of my normal battle team. The Ground-type portion of that is a Golurk, while either Thundurus or Lanturn filling for Electric...and yes, I'm planning on stat-training a Lanturn...I get bored easy.

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraMASTER View Post
    Uohcdzksdbkhcbhkwdbkhcbiwehbhkwbdkhc Seriously?

Can't...take...seriously...

Yay you've used my pokemon icon on deviantart

In special/physical sweeping sets in general, I would recommend Quiet or Brave nature on stunfisk, along with 0 IV, 0 EVs. With sucky speed stats (base stat is 32), I think it'll sweep better horrible speed stat combined with trick room support.
    Last edited by pikadon92; 2nd October 2011 at 3:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFlare View Post
    You finally get around to Stunfisk, after I get a lvl 100 shiny one...which I poorly stat-trained, because it was the first thing I ever tried stat-training with... aside for the Shiny Hydregon where my friend recommended max Attack, max SAttack...Back to Stunfisk before it gets any more awkward! Let's see....immune to electric, decent against metal...109 HP and 99 SDef base stats as highest... I think I might just have an idea...
    Oh dear. I think you mean EV training and Steel, not "stat-training" and "metal".

Well with a max 422 HP that gives it awesome 100+HP substitutes, doesn't it? So maybe a set like this?

Brave nature
    EV spread: I'm not normally too good with this, but I think max HP max attack works (maybe a little less from attack and put into defenses)
    moves:
    Substitute
    Curse
    Earthquake
    Spark

Maybe even change it to a special set that uses Substitute and Pain Split as a combo.

Decisions, decisions...
    I'm tired.

Stunfisk, great movepool, but no stats to really back it up. With it's a base 32 in its speed, it won't be outrunning anything anytime soon, but it could be useful in Trick Room, but who thinks of Trick Room and Stunfisk? However, it does have an okay base HP, Sp. Atk and SpD but I'm not using that here.

SpeedFisk?Whut
    -Curse
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Return/Protect/Substitute
    Item: Leftovers
    Brave Nature
    252 Atk/252 HP/4 Def

A normal Stunfisk sweep set, but I like using with Trick Room. It takes advantage of Stunfisk's low speed and turns it into a okay sweeper. Curse is used to lower Stunfisk's speed and boost its atk and def, and putting it in a Trick Room makes it that much better. Earthquake is your STAB move, Stone Edge is to deal with those Flying or Levitate Pokemon you might see. The last slot is up to you, Return does great damage at max friendship, while Protect allows you to stall for a turn while Substitute gives you a couple extra Curses in there. Leftovers is to help you heal. Don't expect to use or see this set very often since you'll never see a Trick Room user on the same team as a Stunfisk.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Yes! The guy I was waiting for!

Honestly, this guy is pretty bulky. 109/84/99 defenses are not bad at all, and it has a solid 81 base Sp. Attack. 32 Speed is good for Trick Room purposes, Stat-wise, this thing is not bad at all. Its Attack stat is not very good, having only 66, but you can deal with that, you'll know soon how.

Its type combination, Electric and Ground, has four common weaknesses, which are Water, Grass, Ice and Ground, two good resistances, Rock and Poison, and an Electric immunity, meaning it cannot be paralyzed. Not very good, but it doesn't suck.

As for the abilities, right now he can have Static or Limber.
    While Static has a 30% chance to paralyze the enemy when gets hit by a Physical attack, Limber grants a Paralysis immunity, but we already have that, so it's useless.
    Its DW ability, Sand Veil, gives a +1 Evasion during Sandstorm... Good for Sand teams, but I prefer Static.

Lastly, it has a great movepool, having access to very powerful moves on each side, it just misses on set-up moves, having only Curse.

We can say this Pokčmon it's pretty awesome, except for his... Derpish.

Here are some very valuable sets. I've thought about lots of sets for him, he's very gimmicky.

Special Attacker

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Modest, Static
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
    - Thunderbolt
    - Earth Power
    - Surf/Scald
    - Toxic

The set is very simple, having Thunderbolt and Earth Power as reliable STAB moves, a Water-type move in Surf (if you want power) or Scald (if you want 30% Burn, but not much reliable with Static) to hit other Ground-types, and Toxic to stall, abusing his high HP.

Physical Attacker

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Adamant, Static
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
    - Curse
    - Spark
    - Earthquake
    - Payback

Didn't I said that Stunfisk's Attack stat wasn't that great? Yes.
    Is there a way to make it useful in some way? Again, yes.
    Curse. That's the key of the set, giving +1 Attack and Defense, and -1 Speed, but who cares. Has Spark and EQ as obligatory STAB moves, and Payback for coverage, hitting with 100 power thanks to his low Speed.

Toxic Orb

Stunfisk @ Toxic Orb
    Adamant, Static
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
    - Facade
    - Earthquake
    - Spark
    - Payback

This set works well, I've tried it in PO. Facade is the key of the set, hitting hard after Toxic Orb activates. Also, you have your obligatory STAB moves, and Payback to hit with 100 power. Works well with a WishPasser.

Camouflage!

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Adamant, Static
    - Camouflage
    - Bounce
    - Spark
    - Earthquake

A gimmick set that has come in my mind a few minutes ago.
    Camouflage changes you type upon the environment, meaning you will become Normal-type in Wi-Fi battles, so you have one weakness and one type you can't hit.
    Here comes Bounce. Has a chance to paralyze, and it's Flying-type, meaning it's good to hit Fighting-types. Spark and EQ are your reliable STAB moves.

ResTalk

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Bold, Static
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Thunderbolt
    - Earth Power

Classic Rest + Sleep Talk set. Do I have to explain it?

Hit hard before you die!

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Impish, Static
    - Endure
    - Flail
    - Earthquake
    - Spark

Another classic combo, Endure + Flail. Thanks to his high HP, can hit hard with its STAB moves, than use Endure when you think it's time, then hit with Flail, for a huge amount of power.

As you can see, this Pokčmon has great stats and movepool, a not-very-good type combo, and a Derp aspect. Overall a great Pokčmon IMHO, very underrated.

Back in the Serebii.net Forums!

I like Stunfisk’s type combination. He’s weak to one of his types and immune to the other. He has good STAB. I also like his defenses. He’s better as a staller than an attacker. I also like his...meme-ish...face? No, it still freaks me out...

Stallfisk
    Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Trait: Static/Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
    Bold (+Def, -SDef)
    - Earth Power/Toxic
    - Thunderbolt/Toxic
    - Pain Split/Toxic/Yawn
    - Substitute
    Stunfisk basically works as a staller but gets nice moves so I’m confused where Gamefreak wanted it to go. For example, it as an okay 81 Special Attack, but it’s also got much better defenses and low speed, the sign of a sweeper. At least you can do a little damage when you’re Taunted. Sorry if this set has basically already been said. Earth Power and Thunderbolt are good STAB and coverage. Toxic is for…toxic…ing…the opponent, and can replace one of those moves or not, if it isn’t then it will replace Pain Split which goes well with Substitute, which will be a hard to kill Substitute. Yawn is also good if there’s someone you want to switch out. Static should be your main ability unless you have a Sandstorm team in which case let Stunfisk get more evasiveness with Sand Veil.
    Last edited by grantholomew; 2nd October 2011 at 3:42 PM.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

ResTalk
    Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Trait: Static/Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SAtk
    Bold
    - Discharge
    - Scald/Earth Power
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

I think that Stunfisk has pretty good physical bulk for this set.

3DS: 5413 1009 1553

OHMYGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S THE DERPFISH POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!

HerpDerp
    Life Orb

Thunderbolt
    Earth Power
    Surf
    Pain Split

I'm so happy I can finally herp and derp and derp some more!!!!!
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

I'll be gone on vacation until I get home sometime Sunday the 28th. Sorry guys.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFlare View Post
    Abilities
    Static - 30% chance of paralysis on any move that makes contact, and the best ability Stunfisk has. It's useful to stop any physical sweepers, such as Zoroark. Not that you'd use one in OU...
    Limber - Immunity to paralysis. Big whoop. Not really that good on a defensive wall set, and nobody runs an offensive Stunfisk unless crazy.
    Sand Veil - Boosts evasion 20% in a sandstorm. Good if you're running it in a Sand Stream team, where sandstorm is there near-permanently. Not good anywhere else.
    I have to strongly disagree with you with Static's usefulness. The 4 Types it is weak against happen to have a wide variety of non-contact Moves (Surf, Muddy Water, Hydro Pump, Scald, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Bonemerang, EQ, Earth Power, Giga Drain, Solarbeam, etc.), rendering Static useless in many situations.

Sand Veil, while currently unreleased, is in a very good neck-and-neck position with Limber - not too useful, but fills a big niche. However, Limber is less likely to be seen due to Ground's immunity to Electric.

The only way you'll see the Paralyze status (without having Limber Ability) is from Static or Effect Spore Ability (for Physical Stunfisk) or the non-Electric Moves that can Paralyze:
    -Normalize Ability with most Electric Moves (10% from Thunderpunch/Thunder Fang/Bolt Strike/Thunderbolt, 30% from Spark/Thunder/Discharge, hit % chance from Thunder Wave and Zap Cannon, and only if you can get Normalize Ability on their users)
    -Stun Spore or Glare (top offenders at hit % chance)
    -Tri Attack (1-in-3 chance of the 20% Status effect roll being Paralyze means you have a 6.666...% chance here)
    -Secret Power (on certain terrain) and Body Slam (30%, but blockable by a Ghost Type)
    -Bounce (30%, but very blockable with Protect/Detect)
    -Force Palm (Re: Secret Power and Body Slam)
    -Lick (Re: Secret Power and Body Slam, change "Ghost" to "Normal," but also note the lack of base power and abundance of better options)
    -Freeze Shock (10%, and that's if you survive this...even then, it's only from a Metronome user at this point).
    -Fling with a Light Ball (hit % chance)

** Please note that I will always say "hit % chance" instead of "100% chance" when accuracy modifiers could ever be at play in Pokemon games, such as from using Muddy Water or Flash to lower accuracy, Double Team or Minimize to raise Evasion, or from a sheer lack of base accuracy (such as with Zap Cannon, Dynamicpunch, or Inferno). **

** Apologies for the double-post (if it happens), but my computer is not reliable with the internet (sometimes the message never submits). **

Key Moves to watch for:
    -Pain Split & Substitute - Base HP at or above 100 means these are huge factors. Great for getting past Eviolite Chansey and Blissey. A 101~105 Sub (Maximum EV'd HP with best IV is 422 for Stunfisk) can't be broken by them while PS will soak up a ton of HP.
    -Earth Power - Great for getting past the Imprison+EQ combo. Few Pokemon expect Earth Power when EQ is possible, plus you can partner well with Pressure-dactyl in Doubles/Triples.
    -Camouflage & Flail - Can be a factor with Limber Ability if the pair is used just right...
    -Scald, Discharge/Thunder, & Sludge Bomb - The trifecta of Status flinging DPS. Few others have access to this many monkey wrenches (only Smeargle to my knowledge) and the Sp.Atk to use them as offense.

:O....Its Me!
    Derp.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN

Porypichu2, my partner in Derp, was made by Flyingpichu64

Yes.

Name: SubSplit
    Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
    Ability: Sand Veil / Static
    Evs: 180 HP / 76 Def / 252 SpD
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Pain Split
    ~ Discharge / Toxic
    ~ Toxic / Scald / Protect / Mud-Slap

Set works great in a Sandstorm, Sub up against any special hitter who can't damage you, and fire off Discharges if you want paralysis. Toxic works very well, as the opponent gets wittled down very quickly with Sandstorm and Toxic damage, as well as you being saved occasionally by Sand Veil. When your running low, Pain Split to get your health back up, and rinse and repeat. Scald can burn physical threats, making Stunfisk an incredible tank, while Protect + Toxic also works well. Mud-Slap makes you virtually untouchable in a Sandstorm, and really help with the Toxic Stalling process. The Evs give you 101 HP Subs, while maxmizing your special walling capabilities, while the rest is jus thrown into defense.

Name: Quad Status
    Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Nature: Calm (+SpD, -SpA)
    Ability: Static / Sand Veil
    Evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
    ~ Discharge / Thunder Wave
    ~ Scald
    ~ Toxic
    ~ Yawn

A bit of a gimmick, but Stunfisk has the ability to spread all forms of status. Discharge is STAB with the 30% chance to paralyze, while Thunder Wave works 100% of the time (barring against Grounds). Scald is there to burn physical attackers, meaning Stunfisk can tank through all opposition. Toxic spreads poison and helps against walls, and Yawn can either force switches or put something to sleep. Needs Wish support to abuse to the fullest.

Name: Offensive
    Stunfisk @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
    Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
    Ability: Static / Sand Veil
    Evs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
    ~ Thunderbolt / Discharge
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Surf / Scald
    ~ Hidden Power [Fire]

It has decent SpA. Thunderbolt and Earth Power are STAB, but Discharge can be used to paralyze faster threats. Surf hits Gliscor and friends, while Scald can burn. HP Fire for Ferrothorn.

Yay!
    Stunfisk is actually a rather god Pokemon! Good movepool and all that jazz.

Quickfisk?
    Evs: SpAtk, HP, Def
    Nature: Modest
    Item: Quick Claw
    - Earth Power
    -Thunderbolt
    -Muddy Water
    -Sludge Bomb

Basically, the Standard Stungisk set. With a Quick Claw. Earth power and Tbolt for strong STABs, Muddy Water for Ground types, Sludge Bomb for Grass types. The Quick Claw is very useful. Rather than try to better its speed using EVs, give it this and focus on its Special Attack and Defense. Stunfisk can't face physical super-effectives, so try a few Def EVs. Or switch it out.

Partners: Anything Quick that can deal with 'Fisk's weaknesses. A good Ice type like Weavile, or Cloyster.

Other set...
    A bit of an annoying one, but a Focus Sash/Toxic/Endure/Protect/Ground type move set is an option. Take the hit on the first turn yo use Toxic. Then Protect, Endure,
    Protect, Emdure until the foe faints. Ground type move to rid yourself of Steel/Poison types that would ptherwise wall this set.

Herpaderp
    Stunfisk (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Static
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Discharge
    - Yawn
    - Pain Split/Rest
    - Scald

Maybe the only decent set it can run. u basicly status everything u can and use pain split cuz it actually can deal damage.

scald&discharge has a good chance for status i quess

this thing is ugly........ but its good and useful. It can get annoying as a staller. This is my favorite set for it
    Stunkfish@leftovers-Modest-i prefer static
    Toxic
    Protect
    Water pulse/thunder bolt
    Yawn/Rest
    Max out HP and defense and a bit to spec. attack

Not as good move set
    Muddy Water
    Thunder
    Stone Edge
    Thunder Wave
    @Life orb-quiet or modest-either move set will do

I'll stall the **** off of you
    Toxic
    Bounce
    Protect
    Surf
    @Leftovers-Bold-Static
    Last edited by takbir10; 8th October 2011 at 9:24 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast