Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stoutland Discussion

Default Stoutland Discussion

To mods: I started the topic a week ago sent a PM to a mod didn't got an answer 24 hours so yeah I open a new one.

Now Excadrill is banned we can be almost sure it be raplased by another sand rusher I think it is Stouland it is weaker Excadrill but it still work only if people would notice him oh well.

stats:
    HP:85
    Attack:100
    Defense: 90
    Sp.Attack:45
    Sp.Defense: 90
    Speed: 80

abilities:
    Intimidate: an awesome ability can be used in stall set I guess doe to his nice bulk (85/90/90)

Sand Rush: excadrill ability, pure awesomeness.

hidden ability:
    Scrappy: when no in a sand team pretty useful for offensive it can hit ghosts.

@Choice band-sand rusher
    abillity: sand rush
    EV:252 attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
    nature: Adamanst (+ ATK - SP.ATK)
    Return
    Crunch
    Wild charge
    Fire Fang

518 speed under the sand and 492 attack.
    a set made of all his strong attacks return is his main STAB it makes him a beast, crunch for hitting ghosts who think they can wall you.
    Wild charge is a strong attack Stoutland get access to.
    Fire fang is for steels.

great revenge killer.
    If you want to switch moves put him a life orb instead but you lose precious power you can also put work up instead of fire fang or wild charge but I won't recommend it.

another set but this time for UU:
    @life orb
    ability:Scrapy
    EV: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4HP
    nature: Jolly
    Work up
    Return
    Fire fang
    Wild charge

no need for crunch in this set pretty simple set up and sweep in the UU enviroment where 80 speed is average.

A special or mixed set is useless in my opinion...

well I hope it will create a discussion

Stoutland is pretty weak to champy.
    and regi steel in uu

I suppose that Stoutland can work as a bulkier variant w/ Max HP and Atk. I can see Stoutland moving up to UU (is he there? I can't remember.) or OU as Excadrill's replacement since he got the boot into Ubers.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    I suppose that Stoutland can work as a bulkier variant w/ Max HP and Atk. I can see Stoutland moving up to UU (is he there? I can't remember.) or OU as Excadrill's replacement since he got the boot into Ubers.
    I'm doubting OU. It is too frail to stand up to guys like Conkeldurr, which will literally punch holes in the defense, and can't match the raw power to take down walls, even in the sand.

At best it might get a UU boost, but even then I only forsee use on UU sandstorm teams with Hippowdon.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

Quote Originally Posted by mycooly View Post
    Stoutland is pretty weak to champy.
    and regi steel in uu
    He has fire fang to deal with Regi who is usually Specially defensive. I do not think Stoutland will make a debut in OU. He is a really good with revenge killer with choice band. He has access to pursuit to trap the likes of Alakazam and Chandelure. With a LO he can effectively sweep without switching numerous times, however this greatly decreases his longevity due to the fact that he is now taking LO and Sand damage. He won't replace excadrill if anything Sandslash will when he gets his DW ability released.

Btw everyone Stoutland is UU already.

Quote Originally Posted by redlongmagnet View Post
    He has fire fang to deal with Regi who is usually Specially defensive. I do not think Stoutland will make a debut in OU. He is a really good with revenge killer with choice band. He has access to pursuit to trap the likes of Alakazam and Chandelure. With a LO he can effectively sweep without switching numerous times, however this greatly decreases his longevity due to the fact that he is now taking LO and Sand damage. He won't replace excadrill if anything Sandslash will when he gets his DW ability released.

Btw everyone Stoutland is UU already.
    Actually with sand rush he doesn't take sand damage.

Sandslash got better movepool, but he is less specially bulky than stoutland and his max speed is 502 with jolly, and 454 with adamant, it is big difference between him and stouland which have 518 speed with adamant.

yeah stoutland movepool is lacking comparing to Sandslash but Sandslash is gen 1 and Stoutland is gen 5 he got less modifications to his movepool.
    Most of gen 5 pokemon have lacking movepool was the same for gen 4 till platinum came out.

Anyway Stoutland have better defenses than Excadrill but less HP...

anyway choice band is more viable in my opinion due to the base 100 attack he needs more to wreak avoc in UU and OU so the choice band seems good on him.
    I am not sure if he can survive conkeldurr mach punch can someone do the calculations?

I'm surprised nobody's posted the revenge killer set.

Stoutland @ Choice Band/Life Orb/Expert Belt
    Sand Rush
    252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Retaliate
    Return
    Pursuit
    Fire Fang/Crunch

Comes in after a kill and KOs the killer with Retaliate. Return is STAB when not after a KO. Pursuit is for people who switch into something to take the Retaliate and get the original target owned. Fire Fang is coverage, while Crunch is for Gjosts who stay in.

He's very underrated.

I used this set before and he rocked alot of people's world.

Stoutland @ Choice Band
    Sand Rush
    -Adamant
    252 Attack/252 Speed/4HP
    -Retaliate
    -Ice Fang
    -Fire Fang
    -Wild Charge

Send this guy out after your opponet knocks out your pokemon. Then use Retaliate, and he ohko's. He's a great revenge killer. This set only works in the sand though
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Decent defences, speed, attack. With Hippowdon in UU, I can see Stoutland being used.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I never used it, doesn't have coverage. It has crunch to hit ghost, though. It also has the fang form of the boltbeam, and fire fang to hit steel types, but 65 power each....

I wouldn't suggest it without a effective way of removing steels.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I never used it, doesn't have coverage. It has crunch to hit ghost, though. It also has the fang form of the boltbeam, and fire fang to hit steel types, but 65 power each....

I wouldn't suggest it without a effective way of removing steels.
    It have wild charge for neutral coverage on some steels (AKA skarmory) fire fang for scizor (he survived a bullet punch from scizor) and Ferrothorn 0HKO with fire fang, just wait till "grey", like most of gen 5 pokemons he lacks coverage moves. He will get those eventually in "grey" or at least I hope so....

He have rock smash to kill tyranitar (but I guess wild charge is so much better on this)m
    He can be a great last resort pokemon to do HUGE damage on everything including ghost thanks to his ability (I mean in none sand variation).

here is last resort set on UU:
    Best choice set EVER!
    @choice scarf/choice band
    ability:Scrappy
    EV: 252 speed, 252 attack,4 HP
    nature:adamant
    -Last Resort
    -nothing
    -nothing
    -nothing

Sure he doesn't have fake out but he got greater power and scrappy so that's make it slightly better choice than ambipom on last resort set.

^Rock smash will only have 120 power on T-tar. Not bad, but considering it's bulk....It'll still take a large dent from scizor because of bullet punch. Ferrothorns ability+Sand storm will also where it down. Wild charge will have recoil, which, again, stacks on sandstorm damage.

Last resort doesn't work unless it has at least two moves, IIRC.

I hope it does get a good fighting, fire, or ground type move, though, I do want to use one competitively, though, I really liked it in-game.

he said UU.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    he said UU.
    Well, I never said it was bad in UU. I was just saying it needs better coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    here is last resort set on UU:
    Best choice set EVER!
    @choice scarf/choice band
    ability:Scrappy
    EV: 252 speed, 252 attack,4 HP
    nature:adamant
    -Last Resort
    This move cannot be used if it is the user's only move; however, it can be used with only one other move.
    Yeah, there's a reason that doesn't work. Pretty much he's delegated to a fairly reliable Revenge Killer. Fire Fang is almost required on him for Steels, and Return is pretty Awesome STAB. Other than that, his movepool is fairly shallow (Wild Charge, Ice Fang, and Crunch being the other 3 good moves; MAYBE Pursuit).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

just wish he was normal/ground that's would be pretty cool- no sand damage, get's earthquake for sure, unique type... oh well.
    also it is weird it doesn't get earthquake... smaller pokemons get it and he is called stoutLAND I think it remarks his size... (he might have it added to him like eruption was added to typhlotion movepool in SS/HG).

ok so the "last resort set didn't work I was hoping it was legit but guess it is ambipom's job.

he is great on UU though he have harder time in OU but he is still good there, not like the fabled ex.cadrill, but still have it's niche on his more defensive stats.

BTW name ONE gen 5 pokemon who doesn't have a shallow movepool.

I'm not saying it's bad for being shallow, or that it's bad at all, I just said it needs better coverage, which is it's main drawback.

In the sandstorm, it's got good attack, nice bulk, and good speed, making it's stats all around great.

I'd love to see it get swords dance and EQ.
    also it is weird it doesn't get earthquake... smaller pokemons get it and he is called stoutLAND I think it remarks his size... (he might have it added to him like eruption was added to typhlotion movepool in SS/HG).
    I think it's because most of that "fat" is actually fur.

Cryogonal...

although it's movepool is all over the place which makes it look shallow.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    just wish he was normal/ground that's would be pretty cool- no sand damage, get's earthquake for sure, unique type... oh well.

ok so the "last resort set didn't work I was hoping it was legit but guess it is ambipom's job.

he is great on UU though he have harder time in OU but he is still good there, not like the fabled ex.cadrill, but still have it's niche on his more defensive stats.

BTW name ONE gen 5 pokemon who doesn't have a shallow movepool.
    Virizion. Access to Giga Drain, Focus Blast, Leaf Blade, Close Combat, Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Stone Edge, and Sacred Sword make it quite versatile.

Leftovers would be a good item for it, healing off sandstorm damage. It's also got nice bulk.

Stoutland is a beast in UU with Choice Band in conjunction with Return and coverage moves. Once Sandslash is released, Sand will be a driving force in UU, especially since Hippowdon has dropped down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac
    Leftovers would be a good item for it, healing off sandstorm damage. It's also got nice bulk.
    Sand Rush makes you immune to SS Damage.

Sand Rush makes you immune to SS Damage.
    I know sand veil does, but I'm pretty sure sand rush doesn't....I might be wrong though.

Edit: I was wrong, but leftovers will still work well, do to it's bulk.

Sand rush does make you immune to damage. In the OP, i would use retaliate>Return so he can be a revenge killer.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

I always run frustration.
    Retaliate is only useful when revenge killing.

which is what he is built to do.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast