Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Showdown At Linoone (389)

Default Showdown At Linoone (389)

Showdown At Linoone

On their way to Pacifidlog Town, Ash & Co. decide to take a rest. However a Linoone comes and steals May's Pokéballs and runs off with them. Angry about this May chases after the Linoone. Will she get her balls back?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Since we've been having problems with this lately, I'll post a reminder:

Unless you've seen the episode or read the episode guide that will inevitably be posted on the main site, don't post in this thread. If you want to speculate on what might happen, go to the Speculation Thread over in the Anime Spoilers forum.

Also, asking for someone to post an episode summary over and over again won't make it happen any sooner.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

And guys, lets not cut to the chase and ask if anyone caught the darned thing.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.

Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

You know, I think the Mods/Admins need to talk amongst themselves a little bit more, since I was told by Edward Elric that the Speculation Threads for an episode would not be closed until a summery/information on the episode had been posted up in the Discussion Thread. Obviously, there are some mixed wires going around here, since the Speculation Thread was closed aroundf half an hour ago, and I don't see any information about the episode in this thread.

Sorry if that sounded like moaning, but... well...

Quote Originally Posted by El Ludicolo
    And guys, lets not cut to the chase and ask if anyone caught the darned thing.
    Especially because no one did. As Murg clearly said, it has a trainer already.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    You know, I think the Mods/Admins need to talk amongst themselves a little bit more, since I was told by Edward Elric that the Speculation Threads for an episode would not be closed until a summery/information on the episode had been posted up in the Discussion Thread. Obviously, there are some mixed wires going around here, since the Speculation Thread was closed aroundf half an hour ago, and I don't see any information about the episode in this thread.
    It appears that we Anime mods have been overruled. I reopened the thread, and Serebii closed it again within minutes.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    It appears that we Anime mods have been overruled. I reopened the thread, and Serebii closed it again within minutes.
    ...Really? o.o; Have you/any of the other Anime Mods asked him why he wanted the thread to remain closed. (I certainly hope it isn't something like 'Oh since the episode has aired having a speculation thread would be illegal' or something. :P) While I didn't really have anything to say about the episode (To be honest, I'm not really interested in this episode.) at such a late stage, it would have been nice to post up a few final thoughts while I wait for the episode information to come through. -_-

I brought it up in the mod/admin section only to get no response from anyone other than Murg supporting the idea of keeping the spec. threads open until actual summaries are made. :\ We'll try the best we can to get info out as fast as we can.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Factory Head Noland Guest

On their way to Pacifidlog Town, Ash & Co. decide to take a rest. However a Linoone comes and steals May's Pokéballs and runs off with them. Angry about this May chases after the Linoone. Will she get her balls back?
    Haha sorry I couldn't resist!

What time did this episode air at? Has anyone seen it yet?

I think the spec thread should still be open...

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Unless you've seen the episode or read the episode guide that will inevitably be posted on the main site, don't post in this thread. If you want to speculate on what might happen, go to the Speculation Thread over in the Anime Spoilers forum.
    Surely we're allowed to ask questions about the content of the episode or comment on what other posters have said about the episode... am I wrong?
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonisgr8
    Haha sorry I couldn't resist!

What time did this episode air at? Has anyone seen it yet?

I think the spec thread should still be open...
    It aired at 7:30 PM Thursday in Japan. I also think the spec thread should be open, but Serebii's the one who makes the final decision.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    Surely we're allowed to ask questions about the content of the episode or comment on what other posters have said about the episode... am I wrong?
    Only after there's something to respond to. We're getting sick and tired of people asking questions and building on each other's posts before anyone actually knows anything about the episode.

So that means this post and all previous posts are off-topic. Now that's efficiency!

Damn this makes no sense. Oh, well I guess the episode should just be dropped off of the site for the time being. "Huh, Linoone? Why, whatever do you mean...."
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

serebii could be sick, maybe that's why he closed it early so he would not have to do it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    serebii could be sick, maybe that's why he closed it early so he would not have to do it later.
    Other mods who are active will close it to save him the trouble.

Just finished watching this ep. A few preliminary thoughts:

-You know that attack that we all thought was most likely Shock Wave? Well, we were WRONG! Surprised? I was. It was actually Water Pulse. This proves that unlike Surf, Water Pulse does NOT require the Pokemon to be in water in order for it to work.

-And remember the purple rings around Seviper's and Cacnea's eyes? As I suspected from how Grovyle looked in the previous episode, they were confused--due to the aforementioned Water Pulse.

-Some nice animation overall in this ep, I paricularly liked the part where Pikachu repeatedly jumped back to avoid Seviper's Poison Tail...reminded me of the Bellossom episode when Pikachu battled Victreebel and did about the same thing.

-And yes, the Linoone belongs to that kid.
    Last edited by Geodude; 28th January 2005 at 6:55 AM.

There was an interesting mention of Ash's Charizard, most specifically how it was disobediant I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    There was an interesting mention of Ash's Charizard, most specifically how it was disobediant I believe.
    Right, how could I forget that? I think Ash was talking about how Linoone's misbehaving reminded him of how his Charizard used to be. But he looked pretty proud at one point when he was talking about it, so did he talk about how it now behaves or something? I couldn't figure that out.

Incredible variety of rare items that Linoone had collected.

Nice to hear the full version of "Ready Go".

Good TR action.

And a great scene featuring the line "go get that ball!"

Jeez, I wish they'd stick to ONE look. x_X That Water Pulse looked alot more like an electric attack. And Geodude, this wouldn't be the first time it's been used away from water. Kodora has used it on the Rocket Gang when they tried stealing Haruka's and the mother Coordinator's ribbons. The attack came from underground, though.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah I know...at the time I suspected that they knew something about an underground spring in the area, but I'm probably mistaken...but this time, we actually see the attack being generated, so it's hard proof.

True. Still kinda ticked that they keep changing the dang look of Water Pulse. o_O First its like a blue light ball, then like actual water formed into a ball, and now it looks too remarkably like Shock Wave considering the previews lead us on to believe it had electricity forming around it. x_x YOU FOOLED ME AGAIN, ANIMATORS! *shakes his fist*

So how did May get her pokeballs back? Does the Linoone just give them to her?

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the Quagsire Episode all over again. I guess after after an arc of great episodes they'd have to make a crapper. At least the next one looks promising.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Wahey! They actually bothered to call Professor Oak for once! Presumably it's to gloat about his 8 badges he's now got. It was unique the way the animators designed the motto for the Team Rocket background, Jesse looked more like a statue in that picture.

Any other highlights? Linoone saves the day I guess, pretty typical layout for the have the star Pokémon to save the show, so no suprises there then.

Overall nice but regular, still trying to get hold of a downloadable copy, sites*cough* where I originally get them from don't have it lol.

Well, I did notice that alll the items Linoone had in the tree, were items you can get from wild Pokemon!

So, why did Ash puff his cheeks up?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast