Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Date Expectations (391)

I truely can not wait for this episode to be dubed as Donphan is my fav Johto pokemon. I am so happy that they decided to bring in another episode with it .
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

This episode was good! Better then I had planned! Chimecho was so funny with its "Scary Face!" XD Maybe it was trying to use Night Shade? (Just a probably wrong assumption.) It was sweet how May was willing to lose her chance at the Grand Festival just to look for Max. Too sweet! ='} Oh, and just one question. What was the flashback involving May & Caroline about?
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Ash's new pokemon Guest

It seems to me that Snorunt with ice beam is the new Jigglypuff/Snubble/Exloud. Snorunt will get playful and either Team Rocket or Ash & co will become frozen. Nice......

Chimecho's attack is Astonish, James identifies it after it is performed the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Nyasu: "If the Boss had a Donphan, he could use it as a bowling ball!"
    Man, EVERYONE knows Shuckle would make the perfect bowling ball. Even if all the juice in its shell spilled out everywhere.........yeah, get your mind out of the gutter, please 0.o;;
    *ahem* Nice try Meowth, nice try~

I'm actually shocked that this episode wasn't a completely dire boredom bonanza. It definatly looked like it was heading that way judging by the rather uninteresting preview for the episode.

I'm glad Haruka has been getting so much character development lately. Its nice to see that other characters besides Ash can have their personallities developed so much. The fact she was willing to give up her dream of becoming a top coordinator, just so she could make sure her brother was safe was actually pretty hart-warming. Yes indeed, Haruka does rock.
    Kinda annoyed Brock lacked character develpoment this time around though. Seems the preview mislead me AGAIN considering he narrated it >.>

Also, I'm a little saddened that Counter has now been down-graded to its old look. After seeing it being performed by a Wynaut in the previous episode, I expected it to stay like that from then on.
    But its always refreshing to see Team Rocket haven't lost their charm. Seriously, they were just awesome in this episode, especially when they were crushed by the rolling Donphan. Flattened Seviper & Dustox = priceless XD

Can anyone who has actually seen this episode confirm what the entire scary-Chimecho issue was all about? Looking at the screencaptures doesn't really help in figuring it out, therefore I am quite stumped at this point~

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Also, I'm a little saddened that Counter has now been down-graded to its old look. After seeing it being performed by a Wynaut in the previous episode, I expected it to stay like that from then on.
    I don't think it has been downgraded. Wobbuffet was only getting started when it got hit (about three frames into the attack). I just examined the Wynaut's version, and it started glowing around the edges before the glow became visible over most of its body.

Can anyone who has actually seen this episode confirm what the entire scary-Chimecho issue was all about? Looking at the screencaptures doesn't really help in figuring it out, therefore I am quite stumped at this point~
    Jessie got James to call it out, to use Heal Bell on them. It, for whatever reason, chose to use Astonish instead.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

You mean Chiriin actually does something? O_o I can't wait to see this one now, it's about time the little guy did something besides float around.

Eh? No translation corrections from Murg? I'll just assume that he didn't take the time to look over it rather than go around thinking I translated something correctly for once.

So did anyone else notice how Satoshi wasn't the one to blast Team Rocket off? Haruka had her pokemon launch their attacks, and then the Donphan sent the Rocket trio packing, all while Satoshi just kind of sat in the background doing nothing. When was the last time THAT happened?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

So did anyone else notice how Satoshi wasn't the one to blast Team Rocket off? Haruka had her pokemon launch their attacks, and then the Donphan sent the Rocket trio packing, all while Satoshi just kind of sat in the background doing nothing. When was the last time THAT happened?
    It's certainly been a while, even if another pokemon or a group of them do most of the damage it's usually pikachu's token electric attack that delivers the final, blastinf-off blow.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Eh? No translation corrections from Murg? I'll just assume that he didn't take the time to look over it rather than go around thinking I translated something correctly for once.
    Nyasu: "If the Boss had a Donphan, he could use it as a bowling ball!"
    Kojirou: "But won't it be too heavy?"
    Nyasu: "It'll be OK. If Donphan is the ball, it can be used to score a strike!"
    Musashi: "But if the Donphan hits a strike, won't it [keep going until it] breaks the wall?"
    Nyasu: "Well, then, whenever the Boss needs to go somewhere, he can ride on top of Donphan!"
    Kojirou: "But you can't keep your balance on top of a round object like that..."
    Nyasu: "OK, OK. If it rolls around on the Boss' back, it can give him a nice massage."
    Musashi and Kojirou: "That's too much!"
    The only part here that's significantly wrong is Kojirou's objection to the Boss riding it. "He isn't a ball-riding performer*!"

*An entertainer who balances on a large ball, staying on top as it rolls around.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Did James tell Chimecho beforehand for it to use Astonish?

I saw him whispering something to Chimecho, and Jessie and Mewoth seemed suspiscous of him for some reason.

What? You mean to say this episode was WORTH IT? hooray!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Um, didn't in the last episode Beautifly and Masquerain blast them off?

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Jessie got James to call it out, to use Heal Bell on them. It, for whatever reason, chose to use Astonish instead.
    Wait, Astonish? Really? Now that definitely seems much more appropriate, compared to the one in Lilycove that looked like it was Uproar or Screech.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

And once again, I have to say "I TOLD YOU SO!" Not even having seen the episode yet, the judgings of this episode proved that just because it had Johto Pokémon in it, didn't mean it wouldn't be good. Apparently any episode involving some form of love ends up turning out really good.

Just Chiriin's Astonish attack makes me really want to see this episode. ;-;

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Yeah, the love episodes (the pokmon love ones, anyway) always rock. I guess it reminds us that they ARE living creatures, even though we've never known two pokemon to breed within the show (come on, baby Charmander!)
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

*just finished watching the episode* Interesting. A hell of a lot better than I expected it to be. Although, there certain bits of music in the episode I disliked... like the one played just before the Commercial Break. That kind of... well, sucked.

Team Rocket rocked in this episode. They didn't do much, but I think this was one of the funniest episodes they have been in so far. First, the crazy Boss fantasy. And then the whole thing with Chimecho. And we got to see Jessie, James and Meowth 'use' Rollout. :3 Oh, and the fact that ALL of Team Rocket's Pokemon where in this episode was also cool. Anybody notice how Seviper had a sweatdrop while Jessie was talking? XD

Was I the only one here who managed to notice this somewhat strange animation error? O__o;;

And since when the HELL has Chiriin had two tails?

Was I the only one here who managed to notice this somewhat strange animation error? O__o;;

And since when the HELL has Chiriin had two tails?
    Did you take that first picture yourself? If it's from the site, I imagine it's just a shot in between the frames of Dusktox being there and then Dusktox... well, being in another place. XD

It's a Super Chimecho! No... it's Chimecho's evolved form from D/P! The one you could see on the little boat in the 'The Ghost on Maiden's Peak' episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Did you take that first picture yourself? If it's from the site, I imagine it's just a shot in between the frames of Dusktox being there and then Dusktox... well, being in another place. XD

It's a Super Chimecho! No... it's Chimecho's evolved form from D/P! The one you could see on the little boat in the 'The Ghost on Maiden's Peak' episode!
    Yeah, I took the first picture myself~ I had to triple-take that scene a couple of times before deciding to pause it and take the time to check XP The Dustox in front moves forward quickly before going back again and vanishing completly.

Dusktox?! Wow, not only a new Chimecho evo, but the new D/P fusion of Duskull and Dustox!...or a typo? XP;

Yeah, I took the first picture myself~ I had to triple-take that scene a couple of times before deciding to pause it and take the time to check XP The Dustox in front moves forward quickly before going back again and vanishing completly.

Dusktox?! Wow, not only a new Chimecho evo, but the new D/P fusion of Duskull and Dustox!...or a typo? XP;
    Gah. Not again. >.> That's *twice* in the last week I've been corrected on the way I spell Pokemon names, and both of them are Team Rocket Pokemon. (The first being Chimecho, which I spelt Chimchou, the second, obviously, being Dustox. :P The funny thing is, I've been spelling it like that since day one, and nobody but you has noticed it. XD)

Eh... *sweatdrops* Underusedshipping, anyone? *dies*

I looked and I looked and I looked, but I didn't see 2 tails on Chimecho.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru
    I looked and I looked and I looked, but I didn't see 2 tails on Chimecho.
    Well, I took the liberty of circling them, so you should be able to see them now~

Shiny Exeggutor Guest

shiny donphan was sweet

Was I the only one here who managed to notice this somewhat strange animation error? O__o;;[/URL]
    LOL Donphan hit Dustox so hard, it split in two.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast