Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Date Expectations (391)

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    4kids did dub this episode, it's just that KidsWB skipped it for the brain dead reason that Jynx was in the following Contest.
    *bangs her head on table* I still think this Jynx thing is so stupid.
    [IMG]http://i4.*******.com/21nps3c.gif[/IMG]
    Domo arigato gozaimasu, Kamileah!

Bishie: Hibiki Ryoga/Cartoon Bishie: Mr. Krabs/Celebrity: Eric Stuart/Anime Song: Jajauma ni Sasenaide/Couples:Chikoshipping, Mousse x Shampoo, Ryoga x Ukyo/Song: Killer Queen

Why do you wanna be one of them?
    What kind of job is that?
    Breaking hearts and crushing souls
    Just doesn't please me
    I've found my place
    And it's not enforcing crap

I still dont get why this one was skipped it had nothing to do with jynx at all

Quote Originally Posted by Blazken
    I still dont get why this one was skipped it had nothing to do with jynx at all
    They probably figured this episode had heavy references to the Jynx Contest, (i.e., May missing the ferry to Pacidfiglog Town), and since they were skipping the Contest, they had to skip this one too because it was too heavily connected to it.

Which doesn't make much sense when you think about it, but this is KidsWb we're talking about.

But then they would sikp wynut ep two

Quote Originally Posted by Blazken
    But then they would sikp wynut ep two
    Well as I said, KidsWb makes no sense.

I really have to say I liked this episode alot. Ash is such a sweetheart to tell May to go on without them. May is so noble in keeping her promise to her mother. So sweet!

My ideal battle ever!

Uh, folks, has it occurred to anyone that the donphan episode was delayed because of the foreshadowing that Phanpy's rejoining the show in what is now TWO WEEKS? The gap would have been much wider if they'd run it at the right time.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

And they couldn't have just aired it like the Japanese did, foreshadowing Phanpy before the GF and Hoenn league?

KidsWB wouldn't delay an episode for the sake of Phanpy. Phanpy is in the opening you know, that's enough for the little kids to know it's returning to his team.

It was because of Jynx in the Contest, that's the real reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    It was because of Jynx in the Contest, that's the real reason.
    What about what I remember Dogasu mentioning, that it could be because of Sweeps Month, and they just wanted to skip to the all-purpose merchandising Munchlax? You know what they say, blame the Munchlax!

I have to say, I did enjoy this episode. It had a great mix of comedy and drama, which is always a plus with me. My two cents:

-- I liked Team Rocket calling out all their pokemon to protect them, then Wobbuffet gets called first to protect and goes flying before he can counter. LOL His unusually hesitant "Wobbuffet" at the end of the scene was interesting for a change.
    -- Yay, another anti-boss fantasy. I liked James's deadpan "No more bowling alley either" at the end of the first fantasy.
    -- Team Rocket getting flattened was LOL hilarious. I liked Ash's reaction when he found them frozen too.
    -- Chimecho was hilarious in this episode. I liked also when Jessie was telling the pokemon to protect them James tells Chimie that it doesn't have to.
    -- Awww, it was so nice to see Snorunt again. Not that Glalie doesn't kick butt in battle, but Snorunt was just so adorable. They should have introduced it sooner on the show.
    -- May was also terrific in this episode. I liked that she was dedicated to making sure her brother was safe. The flashback to "There's No Place Like Hoenn" was nice too. I'm glad they kept continuity by having May only mention traveling with Ash, since Brock hadn't rejoined the group yet.
    -- Oh yeah, and the donphan story was interesting.

Overall, 8.5/10. At least it was worth the wait.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

-- Chimecho was hilarious in this episode. I liked also when Jessie was telling the pokemon to protect them James tells Chimie that it doesn't have to.
    Hands down my favorite part of the show ^^ It was pretty good for a filler before the contest. I couldn't imagine it being better than it was when I saw it.

A good episode, it was nice to see the Donphan mating season and that the males test their strength against each other just like real life elephants. You now Ash and the gang definitely seem to encounter alot of Shiny Pokemon during their journeys, it's alot more than what i've encountered. It was funny to see Chimecho play a prank on Jessie and Meowth with Astonish instead of using Heal bell, and grats to Snorunt for learning Ice Beam it should definitely come in handy when the Hoen League Championships come around.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Great filler. Pokemon love is always so awesome. But I think Ash's Donphan should have gotten the girl. His Pokemon never do unless it's Butterfree.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

this episode was fun to watch, chimecho's scary face was cool.

Nice episode...i always like episodes with love in it ^_^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Great episode. but i didn't love the animation, awful.

And the shining Donphan was sweet.

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Too much love and mating going on between the Donphan for my tastes to be honest. I didn't like how Donphan was featured in this episode and not another more romantic Pokemon. I did appreciate the Shiny Donphan though since Shiny Pokemon are rare to see in the anime. Episodes that feature Shinies are always welcomed haha. This episode seemed a tad too filler-y so it gets a 3/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 13th November 2010 at 3:26 AM.

After watching this episode, I was thinking "Well, May is going to miss the Grand Festival(?) for sure. She just messed up her chances at becoming a top coordinator."

Also, to me, the brown Donphan in this episode was clearly a female, not a shiny Donphan.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

This episode was ok... It was cool to see a shiny Donphan for the 1st time. It was cool to see the hard-trying male Donphan finally get accepted by its chosen mate. Meowth's Boss Dream was odd and funny to see. Chimecho's Wobbuffet-like face during the blast off was funny.

30/100

Nothing beats an advanceshipping episode right after a contest shipping episode to confuse the fanbase... ^.^
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Another boring episode. I was not interested in the Donphan love problem. And, well, I guess that's all that really happened in this episode.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

After watching this episode again, I enjoy it a bit more since it deals with two Pokemon trying to express their love for another.
    Also, now that I'm a little more familiar with a Pokemon's shiny counterpart, I now see that the brown Donphan in this episode was supposed to be it's shiny coloring.
    Last edited by Painkiller2001; 11th November 2014 at 4:32 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345