Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 83

Thread: Code Geass Discussion

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default Code Geass Discussion

    This thread is to discuss the anime Code Geass:Lelouch of the Rebellion.

    What I love about this anime is that it addresses so many amazing factors: Politics, Philosophy, Morality, fantasy, Mecha, Romance, Action, Comedy, Drama, and good looking guys lol
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 25th August 2012 at 7:26 AM.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

        Spoiler:- In before anyone tries to dispute the ending:
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
        Spoiler:- In before anyone tries to dispute the ending:
    Really? Can you direct me to where he confirmed that? I was just watching thinking, He must have an immortal code, or else how did Nunnally see what really happened?


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Really? Can you direct me to where he confirmed that? I was just watching thinking, He must have an immortal code, or else how did Nunnally see what really happened?
        Spoiler:- The official Code Geass R2 Guidebook:


    Beyond on that, I've seen three theories, all of which can easily be disproven using simple facts from within the series itself.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
        Spoiler:- The official Code Geass R2 Guidebook:


    Beyond on that, I've seen three theories, all of which can easily be disproven using simple facts from within the series itself.

    Oh. Ok. Thank you. Do you mind explaining these theories and disproving them for me?


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Desert
    Posts
    24

    Default

    First anime I've actually bought the seasons of (of course first time I've had money to waste on it), really gotta rank it up as one of my favorite anime. Gotta agree though that Lelouch really died, I mean even if he did become immortal the thing he wanted pretty much came true so he wouldn't be immortal anymore, plus never saw any markings on him like C.C. and Charles had.

    Can't wait to see what that new kinda spin off thing set in the same universe looks like.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Oh. Ok. Thank you. Do you mind explaining these theories and disproving them for me?
        Spoiler:- Theory #1:


        Spoiler:- Theory #2:


        Spoiler:- Theory #3:
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 26th August 2012 at 10:24 AM.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
        Spoiler:- Theory #2:


        Spoiler:- Theory #3:
    Here is the thing about theories 2 and 3: Marianne was never dead to begin with, she used her Geass to hide in another persons mind(Anya's) just before she was about to die.


    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Angel View Post
    plus never saw any markings on him like C.C. and Charles had.
    Charles mark was on the palm his hand. A very easy place to hide a marking. For all we know Lelouch's marking could be on a hidden part of his body(If he got the code that is).
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 26th August 2012 at 7:22 PM.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Desert
    Posts
    24

    Default

    About your response to theory 2, Marianne still died while Anya was still under the effects of her geass until Jeremiah came and helped her out with that.

    As for your response to me, true, it could've gone to his feet or somewhere under clothing. However, look at where Lelouch was when he died, surrounded by a bunch of people and cameras C.C. (and V.V. for that matter) have healed pretty fast after being killed, people would have seen Lelouch revive and what Kallen says happened after that wouldn't have happened.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Angel View Post
    About your response to theory 2, Marianne still died while Anya was still under the effects of her geass until Jeremiah came and helped her out with that.
    Do you mean when her and Charles got absorbed by C's world? If so, that doesn't really count because Marianne was no longer in Anya's mind. They were never clear if the memory of the one inflicted by the Geass is restored after the person who used the Geass on them has died. Because remember Charles got absorbed by C's world as well but Rival, Milly and possibly Nina still had no memories of Nunnally being apart of their school and it's council.


    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Angel View Post
    As for your response to me, true, it could've gone to his feet or somewhere under clothing. However, look at where Lelouch was when he died, surrounded by a bunch of people and cameras C.C. (and V.V. for that matter) have healed pretty fast after being killed, people would have seen Lelouch revive and what Kallen says happened after that wouldn't have happened.
    C.C got shot in the head in episode 1 of R1 and stayed down for quite a while. So maybe it depends on the injury or maybe they can control how fast the wound(s) heal?


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    If Lelouch had the code it would have meant he could no longer use Geass, since he could still use Geass he obviously didn't have his father's code, and he couldn't have taken C.C.'s code since she would have died in the process, but she was alive and well.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,287

    Default

    JIBUN WOOOOOOOO

    Code Geass is probably one of my favourite series. I say probably because I think I need to watch it again. I only saw it once and that was before I've watched nearly as many series as I have now. I'm sure it's still great but I'm not sure if it will still be as incredible as I remembered.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    If Lelouch had the code it would have meant he could no longer use Geass, since he could still use Geass he obviously didn't have his father's code, and he couldn't have taken C.C.'s code since she would have died in the process, but she was alive and well.
    ...Well this petty much says it all...Lelouch can't be immortal then. The only way is if there was a 3rd immortal that Lelouch killed that we had no knowledge about. :/


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    ...Well this petty much says it all...Lelouch can't be immortal then. The only way is if there was a 3rd immortal that Lelouch killed that we had no knowledge about. :/
    If people would stop coming up with crazy theories and take a moment to just consider all the evidence provided throughout the series, they would then see there is no logical way for Lelouch to be alive.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    If people would stop coming up with crazy theories and take a moment to just consider all the evidence provided throughout the series, they would then see there is no logical way for Lelouch to be alive.
    So what do you think of Code Geass: Akito the exiled so far? I saw the 10 minute preview and I must say I like everything except the CG Knightmare frames.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    So what do you think of Code Geass: Akito the exiled so far? I saw the 10 minute preview and I must say I like everything except the CG Knightmare frames.
    Haven't watched the preview, waiting for the BD release so I can just watch the full episode.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,287

    Default

    I'm really not excited for Akito right now. It looks okay but it seems like it's just riding off the success of Code Geass. Like if it were called something else that no one would give a damn. Then again, I haven't watched the 10 min thing, but I'm not interested enough to.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I'm really not excited for Akito right now. It looks okay but it seems like it's just riding off the success of Code Geass. Like if it were called something else that no one would give a damn. Then again, I haven't watched the 10 min thing, but I'm not interested enough to.
    That's a fair call, I mean the only reason I will be watching it as the OVAs are released instead of waiting for all of them is simply because it's Code Geass. It's the same deal with Gundam Unicorn.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Haven't watched the preview, waiting for the BD release so I can just watch the full episode.
    Oh ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I'm really not excited for Akito right now. It looks okay but it seems like it's just riding off the success of Code Geass. Like if it were called something else that no one would give a damn. Then again, I haven't watched the 10 min thing, but I'm not interested enough to.
    Why do you say that? Would you rather they call it something else? I think it's necessary because it tells us what happened between R1 and R2.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Why do you say that? Would you rather they call it something else? I think it's necessary because it tells us what happened between R1 and R2.
    I think what he means is that it's simply a cash-in on the success of the original series.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I think what he means is that it's simply a cash-in on the success of the original series.
    I mean if it was really a cash-in on the success of the original series. Don't you think they would have made it longer? It's only 4 or 5 OVA's long while Code Geass was 50 episodes long.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    That's a fair call, I mean the only reason I will be watching it as the OVAs are released instead of waiting for all of them is simply because it's Code Geass. It's the same deal with Gundam Unicorn.
    Looking back though I did watch that mediocre Nunnally in Wonderland OVA so I guess I can't talk huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Why do you say that? Would you rather they call it something else? I think it's necessary because it tells us what happened between R1 and R2.
    Like Jolteon said was, it's that it seems to be a sort of cash-in. If it ends up being just as entertaining and memorable as the original series that's great, I'll probably watch it then.

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I mean if it was really a cash-in on the success of the original series. Don't you think they would have made it longer? It's only 4 or 5 OVA's long while Code Geass was 50 episodes long.
    If it is a cash in then a few OVAs seem pretty cost effective to me, rather than producing an entire new series.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Looking back though I did watch that mediocre Nunnally in Wonderland OVA so I guess I can't talk huh?
    Did they ever dub the Nunnally in Wonderland OVA? because I refuse to watch Code Geass and no Jhonny young bosch in it :P although I will make an exception for Akito.

    If it is a cash in then a few OVAs seem pretty cost effective to me, rather than producing an entire new series.
    You have a point, not to mention it is showing in theaters before being released onto DVD.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I mean if it was really a cash-in on the success of the original series. Don't you think they would have made it longer? It's only 4 or 5 OVA's long while Code Geass was 50 episodes long.
    Each OVA is 50 minutes there are four OVAs, so 200 minutes, if you consider an average anime episode is roughly 20-22 minutes (excluding the OP + ED) they will get roughly 10 episodes worth of time out of it, that's close to a full regular season anime, and longer than some.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    One thing I forgot to ask, Jolteon, was I see now why Lelouch is immortal thanks to your deduction but mind explaining to me why Nunnally was able to see Lelouch's plan for the Zero Requiem by touching his hand?


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •