Page 784 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 684734774780781782783784785786787788794834884 ... LastLast
Results 19,576 to 19,600 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

It's not a bad book. The writing manages to drag you in and it does what it sets out to do- it tells a story awfully well. My only gripe with it is that it's terribly overrated, and it does have faults. Like I said though, it's not bad. Most people enjoy it.

Star-Lord

Best thing about medieval history: Since everyone had pretty much the same names, they all get awesome descriptors as part of the name they're remembered by. Like instead of Edward son of Edward II, he's Edward, The Black Prince. Or like instead of Charles VI he's Charles the Mad. Or instead of Louis XIII (a problem with French kings because they pretty much all were named either Louis or Charles) Louis the Chaste (or gay depending on who you believe.) Or, even more awesome, ridiculous stuff like Charles the Bald, or Ivan the Ignorant (who was severely mentally handicapped btw.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    Depends on your tolerance level for stories about absurdly heroic white guys saving helpless black people from oppression.

I have teacher orientation next week and it's starting to freak me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It's a great book.

Also the GPD thing is getting old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    It's not a bad book. The writing manages to drag you in and it does what it sets out to do- it tells a story awfully well. My only gripe with it is that it's terribly overrated, and it does have faults. Like I said though, it's not bad. Most people enjoy it.
    I see. Well, I couldn't follow the first chapter, but the second is better. Let's hope I can make through this.

Best thing about medieval history: Since everyone had pretty much the same names, they all get awesome descriptors as part of the name they're remembered by. Like instead of Edward son of Edward II, he's Edward, The Black Prince. Or like instead of Charles VI he's Charles the Mad. Or instead of Louis XIII (a problem with French kings because they pretty much all were named either Louis or Charles) Louis the Chaste (or gay depending on who you believe.) Or, even more awesome, ridiculous stuff like Charles the Bald, or Ivan the Ignorant (who was severely mentally handicapped btw.)
    The lack of this may be why the twenty-first century sucks.

IDK, so many parents are naming their sons stuff that rhymes with Aiden now that we may start seeing Brayden the Tall and Jayden the Hairy or whatever. REVIVAL!
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    I'm so excited, you have no idea.

Oh God.
    Do you have a time-frame so I know when I have to go down to the smelly lobby to download it? Because it smells awful down there and I really don't want to be there that long.
    BUT I NEED IT.
    12 hours from now, we're doing last minutes tests so as long as nothing major goes wrong it should be available
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

I just watched The Shining. Jack Nicholson is creepy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
    Your image was over the 40000 pixels so it was removed. Please read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Cifala View Post
    12 hours from now, we're doing last minutes tests so as long as nothing major goes wrong it should be available
    The one OST you released is amazing. Will the soundtrack be available at some point or will we have to put on big girl panties and play the levels to hear the music?

My personal favorites are Louis II the Stammerer, Louis I the Debonair, Athelred the Unready, and Louis the Universal Spider

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    I have to read To Kill a Mockingbird for school.
    Does it suck?
    I have to read it too D:

I have only read the first chapter so far......... :'(

Does it suck?
    I wasn't a big fan, but I do like the characters... and I'm reading Thus Spake Zarathustra, so I'm not sure I'm who you should come to about these kinds of questions.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

To Kill a Mockingbird as a book is a bit overrated in my opinion. It's not bad, though. I actually enjoyed it. However, I really don't think it's as good as teachers make it out to be.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I'm sorry, but as someone who was around for the Pokephile thread (which actually got this forum featured on Something Awful,) GPD has no limits.
    Oh God.

Is that page still around?

the twenty-first century sucks.
    Not really
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Whoever mentioned Something Awful...

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/week...on.php/?page=4

Goes on for a few pages.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Whoever mentioned Something Awful...

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/week...on.php/?page=4

Goes on for a few pages.

It's a shame that none of the moderators' witty closing posts are shown in that, but I think I got enough entertainment from reading some of the posts in there already.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Nobody cares but my favorite game is dying. D:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4QGqdsHbaY

AAAHHH the errors are actual ERROR.

Dear god. Is this only on the Xbox version? I would assume it is, but I don't actually know, so.

The usual links

Is there anyone on here knowledgable about TV's? Cause I got an issue.

Dear god. Is this only on the Xbox version? I would assume it is, but I don't actually know, so.
    There's still L4D2. >-< I mean L4D is working on PC, but on xbox it's pretty screwed.

I heard they're trying to fix the issues though, but who knows. I just **** my pants at Errors coming after me though hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    Nobody cares but my favorite game is dying. D:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4QGqdsHbaY

AAAHHH the errors are actual ERROR.
    I had that happen on L4D2.
    However I blame the fact that my friend, who was hosting, decided to download a sword mod in the middle of our campaign, so two out of the three of us just saw ERROR instead of the Katana. Still, it was pretty hilarious, watching a giant ERROR run down a zombie-infested hallway.

Yes we were playing as Raptors.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    I had that happen on L4D2.
    However I blame the fact that my friend, who was hosting, decided to download a sword mod in the middle of our campaign, so two out of the three of us just saw ERROR instead of the Katana. Still, it was pretty hilarious, watching a giant ERROR run down a zombie-infested hallway.
    Lol, oh on PC then.

Yeah here on xbox, EVERY dedicated server game has the errors for every common.
    It happened ever since the Cold Stream DLC came out.

Too bad my voice doesn't pick up in the video.. I was all "HAHAHAHAHAHA WTFFFFFFFF"

Btw I need to start playing on PC.. ugh so many cool things. But I love my small L4D crowd on xbawkz. T_____T
    Last edited by Mandi.; 10th August 2012 at 9:34 PM.

Lol, oh on PC then.

Too bad my voice doesn't pick up in the video.. I was all "HAHAHAHAHAHA WTFFFFFFFF"

Btw I need to start playing on PC.. ugh so many cool things. But I love my small L4D crowd on xbawkz. T_____T
    Amusing how this happens when they release the DLC for probably the worst official map in the entire series thus far. I mean, new Cold Stream is a little better, but still.

The usual links

Lol, oh on PC then.

PC is totally worth it for some of the new maps you can get.

There are some extremely well-done ones that are even better than the official maps.

Does it suck?
    First few chapters are a bore, but it picks up after that. Like a few others said, it's overrated, but I still found it to be a good book.

Quote Originally Posted by chinchourulz View Post
    I just watched The Shining. Jack Nicholson is creepy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
    Watch it with a laugh track. Best thing.

Oh, the Shining with a laugh track, seen that on Youtube.

Also reminds me of the thing that TMC(?) did, where they showed trailers for Forrest Gump as a horror film, or some other genre too.

Page 784 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 684734774780781782783784785786787788794834884 ... LastLast