Page 1089 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8998910391079108510861087108810891090109110921093109911391189 ... LastLast
Results 27,201 to 27,225 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    That's not a great parody.

This is a great parody.
    This is more of a pun than anything.

God bless America. Land of the free. Woo!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    God bless America. Land of the free. Woo!
    pretty bad post, guy
    life is
    a game

I'm sorry you live in Australia. ;(

I'm really glad bobandbill doesn't go on this thread, I can only imagine the look on his face. 8X
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

more like you're sorry you don't live in australia

glorious
    life is
    a game

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my freedom:

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Like peppermint lol

But that reminds me of this awful story. I used to have a ton of chapstick in all different flavors (strawberry, bubblegum, blue raspberry, etc), and my old next door neighbor growing up asked if she could eat it (I had a group of friends over at my house). I figured she was joking and said no and thought nothing else of it. Anyways I stepped out of the room for something, came back and we all left to go outside or something.

When I went back hours later to get some chapstick every damn stick was eaten. There was like 8 of them !

I can't even imagine how someone would enjoy that lol.
    When i was like 7 i had a tootsie pop flavorred chapstick (or something like that) and a girl in my class convinced me it would be super delicious to lick it.

It was the most ****ing disguisting thing i have ever tasted in my life... Although it did smell very good
    Is anyone here still watching The Office?
    It hasnt been nearly as good since steve carrell left imo, although it has been going downhill since far before that.i watch it for catherine tate, even though i dont find her charecter all that funny i still absolutely love her <3 <3... Its also on so close to 30 Rock/Community (aksbsbbsjsjsvsbsjs) and parks and rec that i figure what the hell homework isnt that important

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    more like you're sorry you don't live in australia

glorious
    Ever been to New Zealand.
    hehe

Imma just sit here and sip my cup of tea whilst eating a crumpet if thats OK. And not get killed by a giant spider or have my children eaten by dingos, or get shot at and failed to be treated by a terrible health care system. K thanks bye.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Gutting the characters is given for adaptations. To costly to replicate the VN completely most of the time. Most people find Nagisa to be the blandest character overall because she's just not as interesting as the other characters. Kyou or Tomoyo would have been a better choice tbh. Also don't forget to watch the Tomoyo and Kyou OVA's. They're not the greatest but if you hate Nagisa they are more than a satisfiable ending replacement.
    No way to argue against that. Still, it seems like it could've been better if, instead of watering down the exact same events and making them half-hearted and/or confusing, they could've adjusted them to fit into a new medium (sort of like Yukine's story, even if I didn't especially like it). I guess it's not so much annoying that it's bad, because who the hell cares, but that people apparently think that it's so great when it is a massively-inferior adaption (plus, way more people love and are defensive of Nagisa than hate her, from what I've seen). I think I need to watch some anime adaption first and play the original VN second and see if I wind up as deluded as these people.

Yeah, Kyou and Tomoyo are both awesome. I haven't watched Kyou's yet, but the Tomoyo OVA was much better and for once in the series it seems justified that Tomoya is an emotional dope instead of the troll he usually is. But it makes sense that the best part of the series would be a faithful adaption from the original that also lacks Nagisa.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my freedom:
    Just in case anyone is wondering, yes, this is literally what Americans see when they step outside every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    Imma just sit here and sip my cup of tea whilst eating a crumpet if thats OK. And not get killed by a giant spider or have my children eaten by dingos, or get shot at and failed to be treated by a terrible health care system. K thanks bye.
    And you aren't the least bit concerned about constant rain or your poor dental hygiene?
    Last edited by GrizzlyB; 4th February 2013 at 8:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Just in case anyone is wondering, yes, this is literally what Americans see when they step outside every day.
    You're forgetting the clapping crowds and the rain of shotgun pellets being fired into the air to celebrate our freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    You're forgetting the clapping crowds and the rain of shotgun pellets being fired into the air to celebrate our freedom.
    Of course. I just thought that everyone around the world would be able to hear those chimes of freedom from their own squalid doorsteps, but maybe not everyone has the opportunity to set foot in this glorious land and see what we see.

Last edited by The Eleventh; 4th February 2013 at 8:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    This is certainly nice to see.
    I certainly is. I assume this kind of stuff could have already been infractable under the old rules, but it's even better to have a more clear and concise statement on the matter.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

No way to argue against that. Still, it seems like it could've been better if, instead of watering down the exact same events and making them half-hearted and/or confusing, they could've adjusted them to fit into a new medium (sort of like Yukine's story, even if I didn't especially like it). I guess it's not so much annoying that it's bad, because who the hell cares, but that people apparently think that it's so great when it is a massively-inferior adaption (plus, way more people love and are defensive of Nagisa than hate her, from what I've seen). I think I need to watch some anime adaption first and play the original VN second and see if I wind up as deluded as these people.

Yeah, Kyou and Tomoyo are both awesome. I haven't watched Kyou's yet, but the Tomoyo OVA was much better and for once in the series it seems justified that Tomoya is an emotional dope instead of the troll he usually is. But it makes sense that the best part of the series would be a faithful adaption from the original that also lacks Nagisa.

And you aren't the least bit concerned about constant rain or your poor dental hygiene?
    rain is good for crops, and we have foreign dentists now.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

it was always infractable without this new one, just it wasnt always as clear what to do and people had to go to a smod or admin for a custom infraction, which could often have different results depending on who did it. plus more hoops to jump through often means less results if a reg mod didnt want to bother us or we forgot or something. now we have a clear outcome for each time it comes up. kinda sad it happens so often that a new default infraction was necessary tho :|

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Oh yeah I've never watched the Office (well one episode, but I didn't think it was that funny) and I've never seen Spaceballs.

New rule is cool.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I thought you were going to be sarcastic or something, but that actually is a gorgeous countryside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    it was always infractable without this new one, just it wasnt always as clear what to do and people had to go to a smod or admin for a custom infraction, which could often have different results depending on who did it. plus more hoops to jump through often means less results if a reg mod didnt want to bother us or we forgot or something. now we have a clear outcome for each time it comes up. kinda sad it happens so often that a new default infraction was necessary tho :|
    Please tell me that it isn't going to be enforced when we're obviously joking. Because I make racial slurs towards half the people I talk to here, but I think it's pretty obvious that I'm joking and I've never had anybody complain or retaliate.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Oh yeah I've never watched the Office (well one episode, but I didn't think it was that funny) and I've never seen Spaceballs.

New rule is cool.
    The Office wasn't funny? You probably just watched a bad episode, then, because most of the series is pretty great imo

The Office wasn't funny? You probably just watched a bad episode, then, because most of the series is pretty great imo
    Yeah I watched one episode a few years ago and didn't laugh the entire time. It might've been from the first or second season, can't really remember, but it was definitely early on in the show's run. Though when the show first came on I would've been like nine years old or something like that, I may have just not gotten the humor at that point in time.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

for jokes it depends on the context like every other kind of joke. if it's to your friend who you know is ok with it i probably wont care. but if you say it to someone and they report it to me for flaming or w/e then you probably will get an infraction. personally i wouldnt recommend using racial slurs anywhere that other people can read in the first place because the word itself is pretty charged for a lot of people, but like i said itll depend on context

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Yeah, I've just come to terms that the anime will almost always be inferior to the original source, so I just take the show as it is. Without prior knoledge of the VN, the anime really is a great stand alone show.

I also just learned that "CE" on calculators means clear everything...

What have I been doing with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    Ever been to New Zealand.
    yes
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    This is certainly nice to see.
    Cool. Now I'll just get the five point infraction for being wrongfully accused of homophobia.

Quote Originally Posted by kreis View Post
    i'm sorry, i can't hear you over the sound of my freedom:

a m e n

Page 1089 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8998910391079108510861087108810891090109110921093109911391189 ... LastLast