Page 1395 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 395129513451385139113921393139413951396139713981399140514451495 ... LastLast
Results 34,851 to 34,875 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I don't get why members who haven't even been a member for 4 months need a name change. In the nearly 9 years I have been here I have had 4 username changes. That is less than 1 change per 2 years.

That is why I am not at all opposed to restrictions on this sort of thing :I
    The moment they started doing name changes again is the exact moment I understood why they stopped doing them.

So many people who joined after the thread asking for name changes, and a lot of people who submitted in a form just to capitalize a letter. And then there seems to be people who need to have their names changed every time it's done.

I don't want shame anyone or anything, but I am saying it looks like a pain to do, even before all the complaints are factored in.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    to the college students, how has your break been? I've been spending it doing the least thing I expected: reading comics. who woulda thunk?
    I be watching buckets of animes and anxiously awaiting the next semester. I hate breaks, it's much harder to meet up with people.
    Last edited by Zazie; 5th January 2014 at 5:01 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    The moment they started doing name changes again is the exact moment I understood why they stopped doing them.

So many people who joined after the thread asking for name changes, and a lot of people who submitted in a form just to capitalize a letter. And then there seems to be people who need to have their names changed every time it's done.

I don't want shame anyone or anything, but I am saying it looks like a pain to do, even before all the complaints are factored in.
    Why it's only a problem here? I've seen a lot of forums which actually have name changes thread for the whole year.
    But considering this forum is really big, name changes should be done once in a year or two years, though.

And have they stopped completely? I so much hope not...

I only wanted the letters capitalized on my name so people would stop calling me Idsman. lds is not ids. I felt like I needed a sidekick named egoboy.
    Stand by for political rant that no one else really cares about.

3DS friend code: 1650 1976 9524

My FS type is Steel with Magneton, Forretress and Bronzong.

Getting a name change can sometimes be a refreshing experience.~ I think that name changes should be allowed for one month per year. It's not too long to wait if you'd like to get a name change, and it wouldn't be supremely confusing to others who don't because of the lack of sheer volume of people changing their name at once. If we held name change periods more often, there would be less users trying to change their name at the same time.

Personally, I'd like to get a name change to MesoSumerian or MesoSumer in the next name change. I feel as if my current username is a bit too long by itself, and MesoSumerian or MesoSumer would help to cut down the size. MesopotamianSumerian is just too exponential of a username to warrant anyone referring to me by it.

~Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner~

i hate when people put the little "TM" thing in their name

either way, short names are best

Well, that's interesting. I received a negative reputation comment on one of my posts a few days back, stating that I "sound pretentious as hell". How very rude. Well, in response to this statement, I will report this message to a staff member, and you will be punished. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by MesopotamianSumerian View Post
    Well, that's interesting. I received a negative reputation comment on one of my posts a few days back, stating that I "sound pretentious as hell". How very rude. Well, in response to this statement, I will report this message to a staff member, and you will be punished. Congratulations.
    Did you ever think that it's maybe because, you know, you sound pretentious?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

this is gold

Why are you telling us?

That's kind of pretentious.

10 bucks says that he'll get a custom 1 point infraction
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

New Rape Culture post already.

now mesopotamiansumerian has the dubious honor of NOT being on the road to viridian city
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Quote Originally Posted by Digipoke View Post
    its rap culture

poor guy/gal. he/she isn't gonna live this down anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by LDSman View Post
    I only wanted the letters capitalized on my name so people would stop calling me Idsman. lds is not ids. I felt like I needed a sidekick named egoboy.
    I understood this because I took psych in high school. well done. (inb4 cool story bro)

Quote Originally Posted by Digipoke View Post
    hi digi!

noob question: how do you undo all these mutli-quotes? I have posts from pages ago that are showing up in my replies

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

e nm
    Last edited by moot; 6th January 2014 at 12:15 AM.
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by WhatANoseBone View Post
    now mesopotamiansumerian has the dubious honor of NOT being on the road to viridian city
    but that's the best road

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    noob question: how do you undo all these mutli-quotes? I have posts from pages ago that are showing up in my replies
    going back to all the posts and clicking multi-quote again is the only way i know how to do it

Wow. I actually got sigquoted for that. And that's probably going to be the last time that's ever going to happen.~

That's the highest honor you can get on sppf.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

May or may not be stuck at work for the night. My mom keeps texting me to convince me to stay because the weather is so bad. But I would rather sleep in my Jeep stuck in a snow drift than spend the night in a room on a cot with a bunch of strangers around me.

She told me I'm stupid, but I think I'm gonna try to get home. Wish me luck.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    That's the highest honor you can get on sppf.
    Everyone knows the strikethrough rank is the highest honor

Wow. I actually got sigquoted for that. And that's probably going to be the last time that's ever going to happen.~
    You're very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    May or may not be stuck at work for the night. My mom keeps texting me to convince me to stay because the weather is so bad. But I would rather sleep in my Jeep stuck in a snow drift than spend the night in a room on a cot with a bunch of strangers around me.

sounds like you're getting it pretty rough too. The weather has been terrible over here in the northeast

You can't possibly get stuck with a Jeep.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    You're very welcome.
    Thank you~

Good luck! It's really, really cold out. Try and stay warm, and try not to get stuck in the snow! Although I'm a bit young, I've been involved in many a times in which snow has caused a car to be stuck. It's not fun. Hopefully you can make it home!

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    sounds like you're getting it pretty rough too. The weather has been terrible over here in the northeast
    amen to this. It's probably why I'm feeling under the weather. I hate you, January. you're a sh*tty month

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Someone please send me help.

I'm ****ing dying.

"How very rude"

Page 1395 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 395129513451385139113921393139413951396139713981399140514451495 ... LastLast