Page 481 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 3814314714774784794804814824834844854915315811481 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,025 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    My thoughts exactly. When I think Hanna Barbara the first thing that comes to mind are mediocre cartoons.
    It would seem that your definition of 'mediocre' is quite baffling.
    Running for the thrill of it

How's everyone enjoying their Easter weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    It would seem that your definition of 'mediocre' is quite baffling.
    It's attention seeking. Nothing more. I mean, it's just such a stupid thing to say that it has to be. Describing Hanna Barbera as "mediocre" is like saying the Godfather or the Empire Strikes Back are mediocre films. You may not like them, but there is no rational way you can look at these things and say they are "mediocre".

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    It's attention seeking. Nothing more. I mean, it's just such a stupid thing to say that it has to be. Describing Hanna Barbera as "mediocre" is like saying the Godfather or the Empire Strikes Back are mediocre films. You may not like them, but there is no rational way you can look at these things and say they are "mediocre".
    There are a loads of people who criticized Hanna Barbera's output. They are infamous for their cheap, lazy animation. If you want the cartoon equivalent of Star Wars or the Godfather that would be stuff like Looney Tunes. (which I don't care for too much personally)

I am not saying all their cartoons are bad (Scooby Doo and Flinstones hold up pretty well) but they put out a lot of uninteresting stuff, like Birdman and The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan. (which I happen to like because its so cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Yeah, people tend to care about worthwhile cultural landmarks being messed up for no real reason.
    Let's be reasonable here, Top Cat is in no way a worthwhile cultural landmark. I'll give you The Flintstones and Scooby-Doo, but it really shows they're scraping the bottom of the Hanna Barbara barrel by making a Top Cat movie. What's next? Hong Kong Phooey: The Motion Picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    Let's be reasonable here, Top Cat is in no way a worthwhile cultural landmark. I'll give you The Flintstones and Scooby-Doo, but it really shows they're scraping the bottom of the Hanna Barbara barrel by making a Top Cat movie. What's next? Hong Kong Phooey: The Motion Picture?
    To be fair this is my fault. I should have clarified. I meant the Hanna-Barbera stable in general.

Top Cat still was a great show though.

Most Hanna Barbera cartoons were meh at best. I only good ones I remember were...

The Flintstones
    The Jetsons
    Scooby-Doo
    Wacky Races was entertaining as a kid I guess.
    Tom and Jerry
    and the 'Cartoon Cartoons".
    This is not including their endless rehashes and spin-offs. SWAT Kats was their best cartoon though.

I'm pretty sure that this would be scraping the bottom of some barrel no matter what franchise this film was based on.

There are a loads of people who criticized Hanna Barbera's output.
    There are a small few, similarly from the attention seeking stable.

They are infamous for their cheap, lazy animation.
    Infamous is clearly too strong a word, however, each to their own. Even so, they're also famous for influencing huge swathes of the comedy and animation mediums in America. Their influence is prevalent in almost every animated sitcom and "real-life" tv too.

If you want the cartoon equivalent of Star Wars or the Godfather that would be stuff like Looney Tunes.
    No I wouldn't. I would say that anyone who criticises something like Tom and Jerry is in the same field as Godfather and ESB haters.

I am not saying all their cartoons are bad (Scooby Doo and Flinstones hold up pretty well)
    You kind of did by saying you associate HB with mediocrity. It's heavily implied that the majority of their output was poor (which it wasn't).

They are infamous for their cheap, lazy animation.
    Yeah, I concede that they couldn't hold a candle to Disney in the animation department, but Hanna-Barbera should at least be credited for being one of the first animation studios who began creating animated shows which were enjoyable for both adults and children (whilst Disney were busy sugar-coating the Brother's Grimm and mainly appealing to a child demographic).

Let's be reasonable here, Top Cat is in no way a worthwhile cultural landmark.
    As a predominantly Scooby-Doo fan, I'd still say that Top Cat was still one of their biggest shows. Regardless, it's still a shame to see being annihilated by some cheap, flash animation or whatever.
    Running for the thrill of it

So my co-worker is selling me his '99 Jeep. You don't know how excited I am.
    This guy is a complete car freak/cleaning and maintenance maniac, so it's in nearly flawless condition. He changes the oil once every month and uses the highest quality stuff he can get, maintains the engine as often as possible, washes it weekly, waxes it...it's only got 55k miles on it, too, so it's still young and full of life. He was selling it for $4k, but I brought him down to $2.5k (I like to haggle). I'm getting it at the end of the month. ALKDNSG I'M SO EXCITED I FINALLY GET A CAR.
    It's a stick shift, but I can live with it. Even with my driving phobias.

Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    This guy is a complete car freak/cleaning and maintenance maniac, so it's in nearly flawless condition. He changes the oil once every month and uses the highest quality stuff he can get, maintains the engine as often as possible, washes it weekly, waxes it...it's only got 55k miles on it, too, so it's still young and full of life. He was selling it for $4k, but I brought him down to $2.5k (I like to haggle). I'm getting it at the end of the month. ALKDNSG I'M SO EXCITED I FINALLY GET A CAR.
    Damn, that sounds like an excellent deal.

Driving phobias go away pretty quickly once you get used to driving.
    Last edited by Zazie; 7th April 2012 at 10:08 PM.

Your life seems so much better than mine these last few weeks.

That's a sexcellent deal no matter how you look at it. And manual transmissions are superior to automatics in pretty much every way, so that makes it even better for you.

Does anyone know if Pokemon Brown is legal? I'm pretty sure it isn't, but the website seemed quite convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex&er View Post
    Does anyone know if Pokemon Brown is legal? I'm pretty sure it isn't, but the website seemed quite convincing.
    A hack is never legal. In any way, shape, or form.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Flick...school's starting back soon

Guess I won't be eating here.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post

Like they can tell that my pants are riding low
    Last edited by Zazie; 8th April 2012 at 3:20 AM.

All the shoes you buy, and you're not willing to wear any to that nice cafe?

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

^ Click this for good times ^

The clock on this website is like 2-3 minutes ahead of my computer clock.
    Last.fm | Steam IDNostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    The clock on this website is like 2-3 minutes ahead of my computer clock.
    We're all posting in the future

Didn't you know? Or maybe you're just behind the rest of the world by a few minutes.

^ Click this for good times ^

So hey, does anyone here still play these pokeyman games? I'm still hung up on the idea of completing my pokeydex. Yeah, I know. Shut up.

Yeah, pulling my shoes up over my underwear would hurt, especially considering that I'm pretty much Bigfoot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    All the shoes you buy, and you're not willing to wear any to that nice cafe?
    Aww, you remembered. ♥
    Like they can tell that my pants are riding low
    Like seriously though, all my shirts are at like belt length with a added inch on some. My pants naturally fall somewhat, mostly becuase of the things in my pocket(iPod, Cell Phone, Wallet ect.), they just don't stay up. Fixing them above my waist looks "wrong" and feels really uncomfortable lol.

@Mariya Shidou - Which version?

Page 481 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 3814314714774784794804814824834844854915315811481 ... LastLast