Page 733 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 633683723729730731732733734735736737743783833 ... LastLast
Results 18,301 to 18,325 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

What, no one wants to say anything? Pssh! Fine.

We finally got a decent rainstorm after a very nasty dry spell. Too bad it put out my campfire so early. I was enjoying my marhmallows.

lol @ arguing about Smogon.

...Is it a good thing to know that I have no clue what Smogon is?

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    I am watching the Parent Trap, and the whole idea of a custody agreement where one parent never sees or even acknowledges the other kid kind of freaks me out now that I think about it.
    The entire premise behind it is kind of creepy, to be honest. The fact that you'd take your kid to another continent and don't even mention that they had a sibling, what do you do if they ask what happened to their other parent? "THEY DIED."
    That doesn't work forever, eventually they could get curious enough to look themselves.

And what are the chances that they'd be AT THE EXACT SAME SUMMER CAMP I mean really.

I've mixed feelings about Smogon's effects on competitive Pokemon. On the one hand, their bans are based on play-testing and consensus among experienced strategists, and have the purpose of removing from standard play those few Pokemon that are so good that you'd need half a team or more of sacrifices just to manage them, and in that regard Smogon strategists are shooting for the practical version of the ideal of having a Pokemon game where all of your Pokemon will be on more or less an even footing with all those of your opponent. That's great. On the other hand, this kind of meticulous and stringent stratification of Pokemon itself has a centralizing effect such that there still end up being a few very specific Pokemon that dominate any level of play you engage in, and it does unfortunately foster the harsh attitude whereby some playstyle or choice of Pokemon not in accord with this standard is prone to being written off as inferior or unfair. That's not as great.

It's a laudable goal, trying to balance the Pokemon metagame, but their methods don't work so well in regard to the way the result still ends up quickly becoming stale and predictable. I think the only way to successfully balance the metagame would be for Gamefreak to overhaul individual stats and Abilities so that lower-tier Pokemon could have a higher general probability of pairing off feasibly against higher-tier Pokemon. As it stands, there are just some Pokemon who have been dealt a better hand than others (see: the already dominating Volcarona given both Roost and Giga Drain), and this makes them naturally centralizing forces that either control gameplay or earn a ban by those wishing to balance that gameplay.

How satisfying it'd be to perform such a full-Pokedex overhaul myself~ ^_^
    3DS Code: 2723 9573 9029

Spoiler:- Whitman's code:

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    The entire premise behind it is kind of creepy, to be honest. The fact that you'd take your kid to another continent and don't even mention that they had a sibling, what do you do if they ask what happened to their other parent? "THEY DIED."
    That doesn't work forever, eventually they could get curious enough to look themselves.

And what are the chances that they'd be AT THE EXACT SAME SUMMER CAMP I mean really.
    But it's still a magical Disney adventure.
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    If Smogon had air-rifles and SPPf has nuclear warheads in an imaginary fight (which is now taking place in my mind), Smogon would win with their sheer persistence and stubbornness.
    Meanwhile Bulbagarden is waiting for the war to be confirmed confirmed before talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    It would be sort of almost believable if they had actually lived on the same continent, but the fact that the mother sent her ten year old daughter to a summer camp in America where her twin JUST HAPPEND to be is a tad out there.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    We finally got a decent rainstorm after a very nasty dry spell. Too bad it put out my campfire so early. I was enjoying my marhmallows.
    Conflicting discussions are the bane of this topic.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    But it's still a magical Disney adventure.

Magic is the only acceptable answer for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    It would be sort of almost believable if they had actually lived on the same continent, but the fact that the mother sent her ten year old daughter to a summer camp in America where her twin JUST HAPPEND to be is a tad out there.
    Maybe she wanted her daughter to have some American culture, and rather than send her to a boarding school or something, she sent her to a summer camp.
    That's really not how I'd want my kid to get their culture, but. Disney logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    Talking about that pedo on this forum earlier, I find it very strange that there's a member on here 'Redmage' that hasn't posted since like 2010..? and somehow manages to friend, usually wat I have noticed, new members that happen to be registered as 'females'. Reminds me of Brumrha.
    Redmage really does try to friend every new female user. He PM'd me right after I joined asking me what I looked like, how old I was, etc. He eventually gave up after he found out he wasn't going to get any serious answers out of me. The dude's harmless to anyone who can see he's a creep from the minute he contacts them, but I have a feeling he could be dangerous for younger girls on this site who may not know better.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    Read the thread title.

If you want to continue arguing with someone on the Internet about a Pokémon website, please pursue this wish elsewhere.

Guys, I swear, if I see the word "technically" used incorrectly and superfluously again, I'm going to break something.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 8th July 2012 at 8:29 PM.

"technically"

Does anyone know why the activity on the internet tripled since a couple days ago?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Read the thread title.

If you want to continue arguing with someone on the Internet about a Pokémon website, please pursue this wish elsewhere.

Guys, I swear, if I see the word "technically" used incorrectly and superfluously again, I'm going to break something.
    Last I heard, people can discuss anything in this thread. So technically, they don't have to go anywhere else.

;P
    Last edited by Pesky Persian; 8th July 2012 at 9:12 PM.

Ugggggggggghhhhhhhh.

My earphones have just ceased functioning. ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    Talking about that pedo on this forum earlier, I find it very strange that there's a member on here 'Redmage' that hasn't posted since like 2010..? and somehow manages to friend, usually wat I have noticed, new members that happen to be registered as 'females'. Reminds me of Brumrha.
    I don't remember Brumrha being like that? I remember he was an arrogant, ragey dick wad, though.

Oh, please.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

lmao, you guys sure are lame.
    [03:16] <kesha> youre a 10 baby

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    Enlighten us and this doomed vessel of converse, O dashing banana.

Says the guy who finds my username funny :<

I can walk just fine, Mr. Bananahead.

Yeah, but I could probably beat someone to death with my crutches. That is what counts, right?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Read the thread title.
    General Chat Thread

General Chat

General
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

General Chat Thread

General Chat

General

"So. What did you think of The Parent Trap?"

"Smogon."
    Last edited by kochoupink; 8th July 2012 at 11:15 PM.
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

kochoupink, you and Cipher seem to have problems uploading pictures properly for some reason.

adventures in frat land is my favorite tumblr ever

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

It's the worst tumblr ever. Maybe it's because I'm a GDI, but idgaf. :)

Page 733 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 633683723729730731732733734735736737743783833 ... LastLast