Page 156 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 561061461521531541551561571581591601662062561156 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Autismic View Post
    why the f[u]ck do you hate me?

more importantly, why the f[u]ck do you even care?
    Why are you reacting so bad?

The Longhorns might screw the pooch tonight. Ash already threw an interception.

Completely Ignoring the Fact Facetious wants to F[u]ck me, Im Blocking Zenot.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Completely Ignoring the Fact Facetious wants to F[u]ck me, Im Blocking Zenot.
    Your blocking me after pointing out your flaws?
    What a little kid.

This is facetious's lair you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Re. Whedon, maybe he just gave up when the critically acclaimed Firefly was dumped so crudely?
    Fully possible. He does strike me, in a way, as the sort that would do something so cynical as create trite **** when something he considered good didn't get any concern, or maybe I'm reading too much into the Only Sane Woman vibe I got from Inara.

He's also given very little credit for helping to create the teen-vampire genre, even if it has become a rather evil thing.
    I don't think he wants to be associated with that, if I had to hazard a guess, but I've never met the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Moltanic View Post
    Are we done here or do I need to set up the shot glasses?
    Shot glasses? You're thinking quite small.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    What a little kid.

You're such a little kid, Ashtismic.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

What a little kid.
    Yeah I have to second this, if you're going to block him without even trying to defend yourself it just makes you look worse than if you didn't respond at all.

Wait.
    Just go buy another used controller?
    What kind of a little kid are you that you get all butthurt over everything?
    Gamecube controllers are really hard to find since nearly everyone who sold their Gamecubes kept their controllers to play on the Wii. You can't just go off to gamestop and buy a new one for 20 dollars. (of course after the Wii U comes out they may start to become available again) I'm not condoning anything else Autismic has said (because I could care less either way), but its rather understandable why someone would be upset about something like that.

So I just saw Castle of of Cagliostro. I am not the biggest Miyazaki fan, but the movie was damn awesome. I definitely want to check out so more Lupin the 3rd now.
    Last edited by Zazie; 20th November 2011 at 4:33 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    It was for an English class, where the whole semester we focused on a book called The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. I'd tell you if it was a good book or not, but I only read the first chapter. A good portion of the beginning of the book talks about corn. How it's produced, how farmers are screwed over by corporations, how it's in pretty much everything, etc. Basically, the paper was about "Quantity vs. Quality." There's a lot of corn being grown, mostly for feedlots, making it pretty much worthless. Farmers have to grow more corn with genetically modified organism, etc. As someone who has lived around corn and small-scale farmers her whole life, it was exceedingly boring. I did get to write a research paper about the use of hormones and antibiotics in the livestock industry later in the semester, which was much more interesting to me. I actually kind of had fun with that one even though I stayed up until 5:30am writing the first draft.
    I try not to think about how prevalent corn is, really. If I started it, I'd end up wanting to identify all of the specific uses of corn, and the only way that would end is with lots of not very interesting trivia and a headache. And I've already got plenty of the former, aha. Though I suppose some of the uses for corn are pretty amazing. Isn't there a corn-based fuel of some kind? (I spent some time hearing/thinking about it a few years ago but have since forgotten.)

That other paper sounds more interesting indeed. I'm trying to think of the least interesting paper I've ever had to write, but nothing's coming up. It was probably something about Russian novels, though. God help me, I just did not get as much enjoyment out of that class as I expected to going into it. I feel like a philistine to say it, but I didn't enjoy Crime and Punishment, even though it is, more or less, a 19th century psychological thriller.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    I've been lucky in that most of the papers I've written have all been about topics I really enjoyed since we choose.. which usually ended up in me being a massive theatre nerd, or pushing other people's buttons. Sophomore year of high school, my big research paper was done on LeVeyan Satanism.. my teacher was not too thrilled. Pretty sure she docked me a ton of points only because she was appalled.
    What kind of comments did you get back from her? The topic shouldn't have earned you any subtractions, really, as long as it was well-written. Though I guess relating to your audience is a part of good writing too. =P

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Man I hate work cited stuff.
    I do too. Or did. I guess I still find it tedious and unpleasant, but I've also begun appreciating just how useful and honorable it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    So I gots me a job.

Nightshifts. 8-30-5. Think I might even enjoy it more that way tbh. Might get 1.5 pay from 12-4 too.
    Congrats, Snorunt! Especially on the night shift part.

The Longhorns might screw the pooch tonight. Ash already threw an interception.
    I can't tell what is being said here. I'm thinking of about two or three Sunday paper comics, football, and the Pokemon anime, and they don't make sense thrown together like this. @_@

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post

You're such a little kid, Ashtismic.
    The slight was unsightly, but the reference was clever. X3

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Gamecube controllers are really hard to find since nearly everyone who sold their Gamecubes kept their controllers to play on the Wii. You can't just go off to gamestop and buy a new one for 20 dollars. Thats actually something to be pissed off about, unlike what someone says on the internet.
    I'd be disappointed, too. Not just because of the difficulty/cost of replacing such a thing, but because I tend to be OCD about complete sets of things. Growing up with the Pokedex, you know.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

What a little kid.
    I find it funny that he apparently isn't blocking Jay, who was probably a bit ruder than you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Isn't there a corn-based fuel of some kind? (I spent some time hearing/thinking about it a few years ago but have since forgotten.)
    Yes, there is. I believe that it's called Biofuel.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

An appropriate conversation for the Gamecube's 10th birthday. Thanks for all the memories, Nintendo.

I tired waiting, but my impulse got the best of me. And I switched the radio over to some Christmas tunes. Just one more week until the Christmas season; I adore all the specials and songs. To bad so much as a sip of eggnog makes my insides rumble.
    Last edited by jacobii; 20th November 2011 at 5:02 AM.

YUM YUM JIMMY JOHN'S!

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    What kind of comments did you get back from her? The topic shouldn't have earned you any subtractions, really, as long as it was well-written. Though I guess relating to your audience is a part of good writing too. =P
    Honestly, I don't remember most of the comments she gave me. This was 6 or so years ago, but it was pretty obvious she was disgusted from the looks she was giving me during my presentation. Supposedly I got knocked off a bunch of points for going over my allotted presentation time. I was pretty miffed about that, other students went over and didn't seem to suffer because of it, and they weren't trying to explain a whole religion in 3 minutes.

I didn't have a lot of respect for that woman. She also made it so that I couldn't advance into the AP classes though my grades in all other classes were obvious that I would be better off in higher classes. I finally made it into AP English for my senior year. She was in the classroom once talking to my teacher that year, saw me, and gave me a really awful look despite the fact that I greeted her pleasantly.

tl;dr she just singled me out for some reason and wouldn't let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    Yes, there is. I believe that it's called Biofuel.
    I heard it was called Ethanol.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    I heard it was called Ethanol.
    Yes. Also corn ethanol is not a very good source of fuel, if I recall correctly. Switchgrass is projected to be better than that, if I remember correctly.

I'm watching the Boondocks.

Forgot how funny it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Yeah I have to second this, if you're going to block him without even trying to defend yourself it just makes you look worse than if you didn't respond at all.
    I'm just blocking him for the fact that no matter what I say he always finds a way to turn it around and make fun of me for it. so i just said I was.
    I was Also Offline and couldn't read what he said, He's on my Ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    I find it funny that he apparently isn't blocking Jay, who was probably a bit ruder than you were.
    Because What he says I could really care less about. beside's, he created this thread. That would be pointless.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Jay didn't create this thread. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Jay didn't create this thread. -_-
    I ment the Rules. sorry.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

i bought some new headphones today and i was really excited about that. when i was listening to music, only one side ended up working. i was so mad, hopefully i can go return them tomorrow. :/

beeteedubs jay didn't create the rules thread either lol

I ment the Rules. sorry.
    He didn't make those either. -____-
    When routine bites hard, and ambitions are low.
    When resentment rides high, and when emotion won't grow.
    We're both changing our ways, taking different roads.

Love. Love will tear us apart. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Moltanic View Post
    He didn't make those either. -____-
    But isnt Jay facetious? Didnt He win the Rules thing? Ugh, Im so confused.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Gamecube controllers are really hard to find since nearly everyone who sold their Gamecubes kept their controllers to play on the Wii. You can't just go off to gamestop and buy a new one for 20 dollars. (of course after the Wii U comes out they may start to become available again) I'm not condoning anything else Autismic has said (because I could care less either way), but its rather understandable why someone would be upset about something like that.
    At my local Gamestop, there are buttloads of used Gamecube Controllers for sale. They actually look in quite good condition. It couldn't be that hard to find another controller. There are tons of 3rd party controllers out there too. I actually bought a Wavebird for my Wii a few weeks ago through my local gamestop.

I like, have bought about 1,000 dollars worth of games and accessories from Gamestop. I wonder if I have reached ambassador status yet...

But isnt Jay facetious? Didnt He win the Rules thing? Ugh, Im so confused.
    His .gif is in the thread but he didn't write the rules or make said thread.
    When routine bites hard, and ambitions are low.
    When resentment rides high, and when emotion won't grow.
    We're both changing our ways, taking different roads.

Love. Love will tear us apart. Again.

he got to change the title of the rules thread, and his winning 'misc. interpretation' image is in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Crickee View Post
    i bought some new headphones today and i was really excited about that. when i was listening to music, only one side ended up working. i was so mad, hopefully i can go return them tomorrow. :/

beeteedubs jay didn't create the rules thread either lol
    Were they Skullcandy?

Page 156 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 561061461521531541551561571581591601662062561156 ... LastLast