Page 463 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 3634134534594604614624634644654664674735135631463 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,575 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    I never even knew what an SNES was until the '00s. Here on the internet I find kids younger than me going on and on about how good or bad game systems were, and they couldn't have been more than toddlers at the time. When I was a kid, we were outside. Pretending to be dinosaurs or jungle cats, swimming or climbing trees, playing tag or freeze tag or hide and seek all up and down the street. SNES wasn't even in the periphery.

Maybe I missed out on childhood.
    Not really. Video games are fun and all, but there are plenty of other awesome things to do whether you are a kid or an adult.

I never even knew what an SNES was until the '00s. Here on the internet I find kids younger than me going on and on about how good or bad game systems were, and they couldn't have been more than toddlers at the time. When I was a kid, we were outside. Pretending to be dinosaurs or jungle cats, swimming or climbing trees, playing tag or freeze tag or hide and seek all up and down the street. SNES wasn't even in the periphery.

lol you are such an old man at heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Possibly. I was only a wee lad when the SNES came out, if I was even born at all. A family friend had an NES and I played that relentlessly. I had an SNES and an N64 at about the same time. Yyyyyeah. Anyway, moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    Depends on the anime, really.
    Hunter X Hunter. Hisoka just killed some guy that he tried to kill last time, and Leorio nearly pushed a blue guy to his death.

Darato is offline ❤ ❤❤ ❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤❤[

Getting texts from the girl who wanted to cheat on her bf with me, and she still wants to. Between the random guy on the street and the person willing to ruin their relationship, not sure if I should feel like a stud or a *****

L.F.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    Hunter X Hunter. Hisoka just killed some guy that he tried to kill last time, and Leorio nearly pushed a blue guy to his death.
    You could do so much worse. You really, really have nothing to be ashamed of.

Quote Originally Posted by Darato View Post
    Getting texts from the girl who wanted to cheat on her bf with me, and she still wants to. Between the random guy on the street and the person willing to ruin their relationship, not sure if I should feel like a stud or a *****

L.F.D.
    Both. That would make you... a store.

... uh, I think I mixed up the joke somewhere.

L.F.D.
    As you're bragging about it (in the misc section admittedly) on a pokemon forum, and considering the standard of girl in question, I would say a cheap version of the latter.

In other news, it's a lovely day today.
    Last edited by Snorunt conservationist; 27th March 2012 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Remember watching color Tv during the 90's?

Yeah, me neither.
    I remember when television in the 90's looked like television from the 70's.

L.F.D.
    You should go for it.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

So I got the job.
    TIME TO CELEBRATE.
    Gonna go get me a smoothie.

Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    So I got the job.
    TIME TO CELEBRATE.
    Kudos, Armorandonomon! =D

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

So I got the job.
    TIME TO CELEBRATE.
    Congratulations.

Real woman celebrate with tacos btw.

Spoiler:- more geeky MTG stuff:

I'm also currently taking part in a two week EMT course, so I'll be a little slow to respond to everything. It's 12 hours a day for two weeks, plus studying during the time that I'm not in class (sounds worse than it really is, but over exaggerating makes me feel better).

How was walking to school for 10 miles up-hill both ways in 120 degree weather and 5 feet of snow? I hear you old folk did a lot of that.

Although I have to admit that pretending to be cowboys and Indians and climbing trees is one thing I really miss from childhood. The only gaming system I had when I was growing up was a GBC and some digivice, tamigachi-esque thing I stole from my brother.
    Last edited by SugarFreeJazz; 27th March 2012 at 11:54 PM.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Yeah, you missed out. Metriod Prime, Pikmin, and Luigi's Mansion are what I remember from my childhood and I wouldn't have it any other way.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Yeah, you missed out. Metriod Prime, Pikmin, and Luigi's Mansion are what I remember from my childhood and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    what about Pokemon XD? does that not deserve credit?
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

So I got the job.
    TIME TO CELEBRATE.
    Whoo, Armorandonomon! Congrats!

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Totally agreed, The Empyrean definitely makes the top 5 favourite albums list for me. Yeah his views are truly fascinating, have you red the rare blog entries he put on Johnfrusciante.com around when that album was being released? I found them to be really interesting, even though I am not a musician and a lot of it was targeted at them.

Also haha yeah that interview, which was made by a dutch channel if I recall correctly, he was in a really sub-human state. It's funny that even in that state he managed to make beautiful music. Even his 2nd solo album which he has admitted he put out for drug money has some real gems in it, despite being generally ****ed up. It is actually another thing I found interesting about this man; the quick rise to fame, the fall to drugs and near self-destruction, his glorious return, his second departure from the band... He has been where few have returned from, and he is not even ashamed or regretful of it. (Admittedly though, he does have a song called "Regret", but since it also contains the line "stay alone" it's probably about something else -- not that you can really be certain given his approach to lyric-writing).
    No, I haven't read those blogs, but I'll see if I can't find them when I get a chance.

"Sub-human" is being kinda generous, but yeah, his music from around then was ridiculously soul-filled, even if it's not accessible to most people (I remember I once tried to play "Your Pussy's Glued to a Building on Fire" at my old workplace, and my coworkers would not, uh, have it, to say the least (except for the guy who introduced me to Frusciante, anyway)). I'm actually not that familiar with Smile from the Streets You Hold compared to the rest of his work, except for the title song, which I love. And actually, I remember hearing in another interview that he generally writes his lyrics sort of by mismatching concepts in a way that amuses him, and he mentioned "Regret" specifically -- that it struck him as an anomaly to regret one's past, because your past made you who you are, so it's contradictory to regret it, since it's also regretting the person you are now, or could become. Or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    So, I finally got the Facebook Timeline. I still hate it.

BUT--

Apparently it lets you add a photo for "born"? That's hilarious. What am I going to put there? I'm kind of torn between a rejoicing crowd and a huge explosion at this point.
    Nativity scene will probably elicit the most reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal View Post
    You never forget the dial-up noise and all the other nonsense that goes along with it, but somehow I'd forgotten that the internet once had time constraints until I watched that.

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    lol you are such an old man at heart.
    Hey, whoa, she's making fun of your heart palpitations again, Profesco. Gimme $20 and I'll get her.

P.S.- Armorandonomon: fuck yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Autismic View Post
    what about Pokemon XD? does that not deserve credit?
    I didn't play that much until later in my life. Super Mario Sunshine is another one I forgot to mention.

Um, Tales of Symphonia was clearly the game on the GCN.

what is that

Something that's better than the games you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    what is that
    I will smack you.

Is it bad that I wasn't actually aware of what Tales of Symphonia was until I looked it up just now?

Thanks, guys. I start tomorrow morning. :u Aww yeeaaahhh guaranteed 45+ hours a week. LESS VIDYA, MORE DOSH TO WHOP OUT. Gonna save up my first few checks (HAHA LIKE THAT'LL HAPPEN) and finally get a car/learn to drive...though not in that order.
    I went over to a friend's house and he made the best mango + peach + pineapple smoothie in the world. And jb, we also had tacos. Because tacos are, indeed, fabulous.

And Jesus Christ, I completely forgot that you were timed when you went online. Time flies so fast.

why are you guys talking about gamecubes
    profesco was talking about snes
    my aunts had a snes when i was a tiny kid and a friend had a nes so i got to play them both from the mid 90s, and as a result yoshi's island is one of my favourite games of all time
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by derkins View Post
    Is it bad that I wasn't actually aware of what Tales of Symphonia was until I looked it up just now?
    Remember all those years you spent accumulating tons of Cool Points in my book? Yeah, you'd better just forget that all ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon
    And Jesus Christ, I completely forgot that you were timed when you went online. Time flies so fast.
    At least there was nothing worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by moot
    why are you guys talking about gamecubes
    profesco was talking about snes
    my aunts had a snes when i was a tiny kid and a friend had a nes so i got to play them both from the mid 90s, and as a result yoshi's island is one of my favourite games of all time
    It's because Profesco is so far behind the times, so you have to update the conversation to keep it almost relevant. If he mentions WWII, start talking about Vietnam. Ancient Greece? Bump it up to Rome. Et cetera.

Oh, and I had an NES and an N64, but never an SNES. I missed out, man.
    Last edited by GrizzlyB; 28th March 2012 at 4:14 AM.

Page 463 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 3634134534594604614624634644654664674735135631463 ... LastLast