Page 531 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 431481521527528529530531532533534535541581631 ... LastLast
Results 13,251 to 13,275 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    Yes. I hate pretty much everything about how it's a complete rip-off. Even the way the characters sort of "float" back down to the platforms, something only seen in SSB is ripped off. Though Sly Cooper is apparently in the game, which is a plus. Other than that, I can't really think of another character that I like. (Though I've never played God of War, so I'm neutral on Kratos)
    The worse part is that SuperBot Entertainment is being a smug git by acting like they are the one came up with the concept and claiming that they where "hand picked."

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Drop out. It's not worth it.
    But then I'd have to get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebi_ View Post
    Hi all. I have two girlfriends- HikariGlacea and GoldenCharmander!
    'gratz

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I didn't have you down as a digimon fan, although taking a closer look at your user name kinda makes it obvious.
    Bro you have no idea how big of a Digimon fan I am. It comes second to Transformers in my life, though.
    Still, I was always more fond of Digimon than I was Pokemon, but I'm still going to end up buying Pokemon games, because I'm a sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    It's not about Cruxis being vulgar. He was doing that for a while and no one bothered to ban him. If the mods had a problem with his posting style they should have banned him a while ago.

One poster went and reported a ****-ton of Cruxis's posts. After that all of a sudden the mods thought is was good idea to start interacting all those posts that they didn't infract before just because they were reported. This is what led to him getting 30 infractions at once.

Moderators are supposed to be enforcing such rules automatically. It's their job. They should not be waiting until someone complains to do it.

I don't really care that much for Cruxis' style of humor. This really isn't about him specifically as much as it is the way this place is being run.
    Every once in a while, there comes a time when I give Miscers a special glimpse of how I mod the section, and this post suggests I owe you guys another such explanation.

First thing I need to tell you guys is that we don't actually sit around on our thumbs until the reports come in. Joe perhaps doesn't actually notice anything until it's brought directly to his attention, but his work on the forum is different in that regard from the rest of the lower staff; we are actually personally looking at everything in our sections on a daily basis, whereas Joe's work is more technical site-running than "modding." (Remember that we are also students and workers irl and sometimes cannot visit the forum for days.)

It is not the case that Cruxis was under the radar until someone decided to report him. Given y'all already know my lenient nature, here's how you map out my infraction strategy: First few encounters typically earn the offender a warning or two and some low-point infractions, in which instances of similar and temporally near offences may all be considered a single offence. Enough of those will give you a ban, but it takes a while to hit that mark. After the first ban, no more warnings are given and the infraction point values for repeat offences average almost twice as high. For this reason, earning 15 points again for that second ban happens much sooner. If similar offences occur after returning from this second ban, infractions cease measuring out under 5/6 points (frequently they'll be the 10-point trolling infraction) and I will no longer give a single infraction for multiple similar offences. The third ban is still a matter of 15-20 points, so just two, three, or four offences at this stage leads to another ban. It is also, after such a history, up for discussion whether to bother to give out individual infractions or to suggest a custom ban (same outcome for the banned member, just less busywork for the staff).

Basically, it'll take a while for you to earn a ban once. If you don't shape up after that, you'll earn a second ban a little faster. If you pull the same stuff after that, I no longer feel the need to give you benefit of the doubt. As Malanu said, by that point you have shown that you are going to do as you please and dash the consequences. It says it right in the Misc Rules: you will get here what you give here. You are your own responsibility/I cannot coddle you forever.

Please also notice that this pattern of timing may frequently coincide with general reception - as a person continues to post offending material, they will be dealt with swifter by the staff, but also more folks take notice. Be careful not to misread the causal relationships here.

Finally, as Ellie somewhat mentioned, you can always ask the staff if you're curious about something. Even banned and unregistered members can do this, though they'll have to use the Staff Contact forum to do it.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal View Post
    Has anyone seen the Playstation branded rip-off of Super Smash Bros, Playstation All Stars?
    Sony has been stealing **** from Nintendo for years.
    They have pictures of he supposed development room for his Sony game and guess what's in the background?
    A wii.

It all makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Sony has been stealing **** from Nintendo for years.
    They have pictures of he supposed development room for his Sony game and guess what's in the background?
    A wii.

It all makes sense.
    Lots of companies do this.
    Many developers do video and photographed tours of their companies, and often times they'll have all the major consoles, even ones they've never developed for.
    Just because.
    I've even seen a few of Microsoft Game Studios where they were playing Ratchet and Clank on break. On a PS3.
    It happens.
    It's not a big deal.

Also lol at "stealing ideas."
    People act as if Nintendo invented the fighting game genre with SSB. Nintendo also didn't invent Platformers, or racing games, or collecting games.
    My jimmies are beginning to rustle.

I got sex position silly bands today...

anyone play black ops on the wii?
    Es so Einfach wie Eins, Zwei, Drei.

Quote Originally Posted by jenny123 View Post
    I remember when those first came out and people were paying $5 for them.
    Five dollars.
    For rubber bands.
    It made me so angry.
    Now stores can't give them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    Lots of companies do this.
    Many developers do video and photographed tours of their companies, and often times they'll have all the major consoles, even ones they've never developed for.
    Just because.
    I've even seen a few of Microsoft Game Studios where they were playing Ratchet and Clank on break. On a PS3.
    It happens.
    It's not a big deal.

People act as if Nintendo invented the fighting game genre with SSB. Nintendo also didn't invent Platformers, or racing games, or collecting games.
    I'm not really trying to make it out as a big deal; I guess it's because I like the SSB franchise and don't want to see it copy catted poorly. Although they didn't invent he fighting game genre, they perfected multiplayer fighting games I believe.

Sony essentially copied the Wiimote with the playstation move. There's numerous other instances where Sony seems to follow suit with what Nintendo does.
    I'm all js. I never really liked Sony consoles, they just weren't my cup of tea. But I'd rather own a PS3 than and Xbox360 for some reason.

I'm tired

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Every once in a while, there comes a time when I give Miscers a special glimpse of how I mod the section, and this post suggests I owe you guys another such explanation.
    Thanks for the explanation, that makes a lot more sense. So apparently, this is a case of decreasing leniency.

Quote Originally Posted by jenny123 View Post
    I wish I had some silly bands. They sound fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCharmander View Post
    WTF?! I am not gay, lady, and I am not! What the fuck is this, boy.
    It's hilarious how easy you are trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Hey, no franchise is safe.

Spoiler:- :
    Was this one of the things that didn't make the final version of the series or did they actually air this?
    The artist previously known as Dark_Petal.

My face when this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    What a travesty

That was one of my favorite guys

Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    It's not that people think Nintendo invented the fighting genre. It's that this game looks a lot like Smash Bros. Most fighting games don't.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Todoserugi View Post
    Nope and i heard it's better on the PS3/360/PC

Try OVGD

But then again you'll probably get sh*t on for playing COD on the wii

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

In my sons IEP last week he was Upgraded(?) from moderately to mildly Autistic. He's made some great strides this year and I am very proud of his progress!

So true!

Well done to your son

Nobody plays Black Ops on the Wii.

Literally nobody.

No one play the Wii period.

Almost no one Jb. My son does, so thats at least one person. Sure he playes Nicktoon games and Lego games but he uses the Wii

So true!

My Wii is somewhere under my bed, and it's been there for like 2 years and it won't come out until The Last Story is released in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    Try OVGD

But then again you'll probably get sh*t on for playing COD on the wii
    you'll get shat on in OVGD regardless.

Im cruxis

SRS
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Where's the Lt. Surge ani?

That would be too obvious you cheeky ****
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Page 531 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 431481521527528529530531532533534535541581631 ... LastLast