Page 921 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8218719119179189199209219229239249259319711021 ... LastLast
Results 23,001 to 23,025 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    I have no idea who those two are.
    They're from Adventure Time, and they're the pairing that's putting a bug up my butt lately.

It was a nightmare in the DeviantART community, which is one of the many reasons I left it. I don't know where this sudden lust for imagining two male characters humping each other into Oblivion came from, but in most scenarios that it's proposed in, it's either completely inappropriate/disgusting to think of, or it just doesn't work at all between the characters.
    A close Internet friend of mine came out to our group of friends, and the one girl started freaking out because "SHE NEVER MET A REAL GAY BEFORE" and "SHE FINALLY HAS SOMEONE TO DISCUSS YAOI WITH DESU >3<."
    I don't understaaaand.
    Me neither. I was under the impression that most gay people think yaoi is ridiculous horsecrap, too. And you have that point, too. A lot of the male-on-male non-canon ships make no sense. I mean, I guess we've gone over this over and over again, but it is understandable. Putting two dudes (or two ladies) together just for the sake of having t3h gayz is really ****ing creepy.

Also, it's COMPLETELY OKAY for two dude characters to be put together, but shipping two FEMALE characters together is sexist and objectifying women because you're disgusting for thinking that way.
    Except on Tumblr where you're reaffirming how much better those characters are just by the virtue of being female and not heterosexual.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

It was a nightmare in the DeviantART community, which is one of the many reasons I left it. I don't know where this sudden lust for imagining two male characters humping each other into Oblivion came from, but in most scenarios that it's proposed in, it's either completely inappropriate/disgusting to think of, or it just doesn't work at all between the characters.
    A close Internet friend of mine came out to our group of friends, and the one girl started freaking out because "SHE NEVER MET A REAL GAY BEFORE" and "SHE FINALLY HAS SOMEONE TO DISCUSS YAOI WITH DESU >3<."
    I don't understaaaand.

Also, it's COMPLETELY OKAY for two dude characters to be put together, but shipping two FEMALE characters together is sexist and objectifying women because you're disgusting for thinking that way.
    I agree with you a lot, sir!
    3DS FC: 4656-6673-5632.

All my ships are really more zany fan theories and concepts tweaks. I never understood how someone can care so much about someone else's relationship, imaginary or real.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    They're from Adventure Time, and they're the pairing that's putting a bug up my butt lately.
    Ahh, that would explain it. I'm one of the only four people on the Internet who doesn't watch it.
    Honestly I couldn't even tell you the last time I watched TV.

Me neither. I was under the impression that most gay people think yaoi is ridiculous horsecrap, too. And you have that point, too. A lot of the male-on-male non-canon ships make no sense. I mean, I guess we've gone over this over and over again, but it is understandable. Putting two dudes (or two ladies) together just for the sake of having t3h gayz is really ****ing creepy.
    For my friends who are gay/bi, most of them cannot stand yaoi. It's moreso my straight friends who are into it, which REALLY has me confused. As for the conversation I mentioned, the friend who came out told her that he wasn't into yaoi, so she called him a gay basher and left our group. Last time I checked on her, she's still doing terrible tracings of animes and putting herself in with other characters, and writing terrible fanfiction to go along with it.
    She's 24.

Except on Tumblr where you're reaffirming how much better those characters are just by the virtue of being female and not heterosexual.
    WOO WOMENS' RIGHTS or whatever I guess.
    I'm not very good at this.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenPhoenix96 View Post
    I agree with you a lot, sir!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    All my ships are really more zany fan theories and concepts tweaks. I never understood how someone can care so much about someone else's relationship, imaginary or real.
    UGH HOW CAN YOU NOT TELL THAT THEY ARE TOTALLY IN LOVE.

Are you blind because you must be because they are so totally in love.
    And by love I mean passionate baby-making.

I ship some characters. But I have also seen people shipping body parts and cities.
    岩根雅明=♡

Same here. Especially that last part. A lot of my shipping is just as a joke. Some of them I could get if the earlier-mentioned standards were maintained, but like

I'm not going to ship Soldier/Scout because scout's twelve they don't have enough common ground or interaction for me.

Ahh, that would explain it. I'm one of the only four people on the Internet who doesn't watch it.
    Honestly I couldn't even tell you the last time I watched TV.
    Me neither. Hell, even when I had satellite, I just watched Stewart and Colbert.

For my friends who are gay/bi, most of them cannot stand yaoi.
    Same here. Well, they either can't stand it or laugh at it.

Last time I checked on her, she's still doing terrible tracings of animes and putting herself in with other characters, and writing terrible fanfiction to go along with it.
    She's 24.
    Isn't it sad when a person with no potential puts it to waste?

WOO WOMENS' RIGHTS or whatever I guess.
    I'm not very good at this.
    Incidentally, it's like the same argument for male triumphalism. "BECAUSE WE/THEY ARE _______."

I mean, and I think I can safely say that most of the characters who people consider just for being t3h gay (canon or not) are bested by another character in their sex who is canon straight. For example, Fuu Hououji or Coach.

lol
    ArmorA: Just one of the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I ship some characters. But I have also seen people shipping body parts and cities.
    Yyyyyyyeah, those people are clearly off their nut. Even creepier are the folks who ship real people. ISN'T IT CUTE TILL LINDEMANN AND RICHARD Z. KRUSPE ARE MADE FOR EACH OTHER!!!111111111111 -- no it's not, no they weren't, and you're creepier than John Wayne Gacy as Pogo the Clown.

The usual links

Incidentally, it's like the same argument for male triumphalism. "BECAUSE WE/THEY ARE _______."

I mean, and I think I can safely say that most of the characters who people consider just for being t3h gay (canon or not) are bested by another character in their sex who is canon straight. For example, Fuu Hououji or Coach.
    Are we thinking of the same Coach here, or have I just played this game far too much?

By far, the worst I've ever seen is out of the Kingdom Hearts fandom.
    EVERY CHARACTER IS GAY, EVEN WHEN THEY'RE STRAIGHT.
    Like, Organization XIII. They're Nobodies, so they technically can't even have sex, right?
    Right?

Are we thinking of the same Coach here, or have I just played this game far too much?
    No, we're thinking of the same Coach. The one who's the one-man cheeseburger APOCALYPSE

By far, the worst I've ever seen is out of the Kingdom Hearts fandom.
    EVERY CHARACTER IS GAY, EVEN WHEN THEY'RE STRAIGHT.
    Like, Organization XIII. They're Nobodies, so they technically can't even have sex, right?
    Right?
    Kingdom Hearts is knackered in a few unique ways. The Nobodies aren't supposed to have emotions by canon (if I recall correctly), which is contradicted in canon. But you're still right.

The usual links

I am number two.

Hugh x Castelia City Sewers

mmmmmmmmm
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

that one Adventure Time
    Why do you keep bringing it up if you hate the Tumblr fandom so much?

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post

Hugh x Castelia City Sewers

mmmmmmmmm
    Clay x Cold Storage OTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    I think you answered your own question, though. Or, in a more straightforward way, because it's a very good target.
    Last edited by The Admiral; 14th November 2012 at 9:59 PM.

The usual links

I like Adventure Time, it's a pretty fun silly kid's show. But I get the impression that the Adventure Time everyone else is talking about is a different show. Something more like Avatar: The Last Airbender. (which I don't care for)

Cartoons aren't as fun to like anymore now that some of the shows have become all "geek chic" or whatever the **** it's called. Nerds ruin everything nowadays.
    Last edited by Zazie; 14th November 2012 at 11:00 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:

I like Adventure Time, it's a pretty fun silly kid's show. But I get the impression that the Adventure Time everyone else is talking about is a different show. Something more like Avatar: The Last Airbender. (which I don't care for)
    That's another fandom that irritates me, mostly post-Korra because holy god did certain types of fans come out the woodwork. As far as I know, though, same show, but when you compare how certain people watch it to the actual show, they may as well be two completely different shows.

The usual links

That's another fandom that irritates me, mostly post-Korra because holy god did certain types of fans come out the woodwork. As far as I know, though, same show, but when you compare how certain people watch it to the actual show, they may as well be two completely different shows.
    Quite honestly I am all for watching and interpreting shows in a variety of different ways. I love to watch Scooby Doo for the cheese factor for example. I don't want to discourage that. There is just something a little off-putting about some of the stuff I see.

Watch me tumble stuff:

I have also seen people shipping body parts and cities.
    The middle finger and NYC?

Also I'm not just an old hipster. I'm the oldest hipster, because I was the first hipster ever. Behold the dusty splendor of my ancient hip cred.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quite honestly I am all for watching and interpreting shows in a variety of different ways. I love to watch Scooby Doo for the cheese factor for example. I don't want to discourage that. There is just something a little off-putting about some of the stuff I see.
    I think there's a point where "different" interpretation stops, er, working, for lack of a better term.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    I could see that one.

Behold the dusty splendor of my ancient hip cred.
    I'm not sure I'm worthy.

The usual links

Shipping?

I'd rather bang an anthill.

Also, Bill O'Reilly is such a tool.
    Last edited by Jb; 15th November 2012 at 1:08 AM.

I never would have guessed. I think that's Billo's superpower or something, but I couldn't be too sure.

The usual links

Hm, I'm not quite sure where I fall on this extremely large and prolonged rant about people on the internet who rant about fictional characters hooking up, so I think I'm best off just abstaining.

Unless, of course, the fictional people are really really really ridiculously good-looking together. In which case I'm not sure why there's an argument. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    No offense, Cenobitic, but I agree with this almost too much. If the only times I'd heard about Justin Bieber or Jersey Shore were when people had something good to say about them, well, suffice it to say, I wouldn't know about them at all. And the World would be that much Brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post

Also I'm not just an old hipster. I'm the oldest hipster, because I was the first hipster ever. Behold the dusty splendor of my ancient hip cred.
    Oh my God. You are becoming curmudgeonly and bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    No offense, Cenobitic, but I agree with this almost too much. If the only times I'd heard about Justin Bieber or Jersey Shore were when people had something good to say about them, well, suffice it to say, I wouldn't know about them at all. And the World would be that much Brighter.
    That is true.

I think I'm becoming one of those people I make fun of all the ****ing time.

The usual links

That is true.

I think I'm becoming one of those people I make fun of all the ****ing time.
    On the plus side, that would be very meta.

Also, looking around, this place seems to have gotten stranger since the last time I poked my head in. And it's been less than a week since that happened. I blame the Falcons losing.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    On the plus side, that would be very meta.
    Very true. I'm already self-deprecating sometimes.

Also, looking around, this place seems to have gotten stranger since the last time I poked my head in. And it's been less than a week since that happened. I blame the Falcons losing.
    I could accept that. Well, I could accept any reason for that, basically.

The usual links

do my ears deceive me

or did i just heard a heavy metal version rendition of beat it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBfrpu7vBGg

I'm pretty sure its been done before by other bands but this popped up on pandora and i was like "**** ive heard this before"

I could accept that. Well, I could accept any reason for that, basically.
    Global warming it is, then!

Page 921 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8218719119179189199209219229239249259319711021 ... LastLast