Page 1031 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 319319811021102710281029103010311032103310341035104110811131 ... LastLast
Results 25,751 to 25,775 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

  1. #25751
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I'd say it's mostly just because you're kind of obnoxious.
    Well I apologize if I was acting obnoxious.
    But seriously, this crap needs to stop.

  2. #25752
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krake View Post
    From what I am reading right now, it seems almost exclusively based around those stupid, vague Facebook statuses that high school girls post where they do not say what happened and repeatedly dodge the question whenever anyone responds with concern.
    yeah that is basically the entire thread and i legitimately don't want to actually post anything meaningful in there because no one will ****ing say anything remotely meaningful and/or helpful

    (that and if i am legitimately posting meaningful things about my feelings on sppf that are not veiled bragging, i'm probably in dire straits)
    last.fm
    facebook


    OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

  3. #25753
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    yeah that is basically the entire thread and i legitimately don't want to actually post anything meaningful in there because no one will ****ing say anything remotely meaningful and/or helpful

    (that and if i am legitimately posting meaningful things about my feelings on sppf that are not veiled bragging, i'm probably in dire straits)
    Is the Share your feelings thread that bad? I never go on it because the thread never really caught my interest.

  4. #25754
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever *****s go
    Posts
    5,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Well I apologize if I was acting obnoxious.
    But seriously, this crap needs to stop.
    It would stop if you stopped making every one of your posts a lame attempt to be some sort of ~HILARIOUS~ troll. Act like a normal person and you'll be treated that way.
    Last edited by Valoo.; 10th January 2013 at 8:26 AM.

  5. #25755
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,311

    Default

    You know what, let's do this.


    *~*~*~Steet comedy, you are banned from this thread until further notice. *~*~*~

    And yes, I'm being completely serious. You have been nothing but annoying in this thread, and I'm getting fed up.


    If any of you see him post, use the report button and I'll get the e-mail. I'll then try to figure out if I should ban or infract. Who knows.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

    pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

  6. #25756
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Luminoise City
    Posts
    313

    Default

    waaassssup?

    anymore news on y and x?

    anyway the avatars are getting confusing

    Quote Originally Posted by Krake
    Why is this reverse triangle idea always brought up every damn time a new generation comes up? I mean yeah, the starters did attacks that corresponded to each of those types, but what does that prove? Pokemon can naturally learn moves that aren't their type. Ampharos can learn Power Gem. Lucario can learn Bone Rush. And so on.
    yeah i see what you mean
    Last edited by trident20; 10th January 2013 at 3:18 PM.


  7. #25757
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    yeah that is basically the entire thread and i legitimately don't want to actually post anything meaningful in there because no one will ****ing say anything remotely meaningful and/or helpful

    (that and if i am legitimately posting meaningful things about my feelings on sppf that are not veiled bragging, i'm probably in dire straits)
    *shrugs* i didnt know people were supposed to say things, i just thought it was a place to vent.
    Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    waaassssup?

    anymore news on y and x?

    anyway the avatars are getting confusing



    yeah i see what you mean
    i now have like 10 people on my freinds list that have the fennekin avi, and its getting annoying.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

  8. #25758
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    渋谷区
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    *~*~*~Steet comedy, you are banned from this thread until further notice. *~*~*~
    Yessss Kreis I never really liked you but yaaaay thank you. ~

  9. #25759
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the Area of Johto
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    i now have like 10 people on my freinds list that have the fennekin avi, and its getting annoying.
    Maybe that they worship it a lot. But so do I, but it's because of how it's a real fennec fox.


    DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

    Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

  10. #25760
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    144

    Default

    One of my ears popped yesterday, finally.
    It's now somewhat-back-to-normal. Not the other one though.
    It's really annoying.

  11. #25761
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Zeppelin Rules!
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post
    Yessss Kreis I never really liked you but yaaaay thank you. ~
    Y'know how sometimes some things better left unsaid, not only because it's not a great idea to say them, but also because there's no reason to say them at all? I'm thinking now might be one of those times. Mayyyyyybe.

    In other resounding news that will undoubtedly affect each and every person who reads this, I never realized before that video games released not even 2 years ago could be so impossible to find for a semi-reasonable price, but evidently that's exactly the case with Radiant Historia. It's made me pretty paranoid about other games that I've had my eye on for a bit, so I finally gave in and bought The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles so that I won't get gouged for them down the line, but does anybody know if there's anything in particular about Radiant Historia that justifies a $50-70 price tag for a handheld game? From what I've heard, it's good, but not outstanding, and I'm pretty sure it was going for the normal ~$30 a month ago. Just the damnedest thing.

    P.S. - Is there some rule that says the grass starter always has to be the worst? Because that's now the case for at least half of the games, and I'm sick of it because I always choose them. Then again, maybe a giant, pissed-off badger could be cool.

  12. #25762
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Your computer screen.
    Posts
    1,711

    Default

    Yes, the Grass starter is usually the worst. Exceptions: Swampert, though still cool, is definitely worse than Sceptile, and Emboar's just about as bad as Serperior.

    Opinionssssssss
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

  13. #25763
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    144

    Default

    I've only ever used one starter from each game. I 'ought to expand my horizons.

  14. #25764
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    i though it was, the game would be harder with the grass starter?
    either way i always pick the grass one, and this is no exeption.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

  15. #25765
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Yes, the Grass starter is usually the worst. Exceptions: Swampert, though still cool, is definitely worse than Sceptile, and Emboar's just about as bad as Serperior.

    Opinionssssssss
    Hating on the Mudkip line? GET OUT.

  16. #25766
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Zeppelin Rules!
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Hating on the Mudkip line? GET OUT.
    Mudkip/Swampert aren't bad or anything, but they really cannot hold a candle to Sceptile and/or Blaziken. The sooner you accept this simple and elementary truth, the better.

  17. #25767
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    P.S. - Is there some rule that says the grass starter always has to be the worst? Because that's now the case for at least half of the games, and I'm sick of it because I always choose them. Then again, maybe a giant, pissed-off badger could be cool.
    I like the Grass starter, and for the most part I've always thought it was the best line of the three. With the exception of the Turtwig line and Serperior (specifically Serperior, cos why is a creature evolving only to lose its legs), the grass starter and its evos have usually been my faves (Kanto excepting cos they're all awesome). Fennekin is one of my favourites in a while though.

    Here's one for people. Without looking, what is the name of the grass starter?

  18. #25768
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krake View Post
    From what I am reading right now, it seems almost exclusively based around those stupid, vague Facebook statuses that high school girls post where they do not say what happened and repeatedly dodge the question whenever anyone responds with concern.
    That seems like a good enough reason to not want to go there, yes?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    In other resounding news that will undoubtedly affect each and every person who reads this, I never realized before that video games released not even 2 years ago could be so impossible to find for a semi-reasonable price, but evidently that's exactly the case with Radiant Historia. It's made me pretty paranoid about other games that I've had my eye on for a bit, so I finally gave in and bought The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles so that I won't get gouged for them down the line, but does anybody know if there's anything in particular about Radiant Historia that justifies a $50-70 price tag for a handheld game? From what I've heard, it's good, but not outstanding, and I'm pretty sure it was going for the normal ~$30 a month ago. Just the damnedest thing.
    Possibly it's just people buying them all up without demand actually going down.

    In short, "****in' collectors..."

    P.S. - Is there some rule that says the grass starter always has to be the worst? Because that's now the case for at least half of the games, and I'm sick of it because I always choose them. Then again, maybe a giant, pissed-off badger could be cool.
    I think most of them start out decent, but lose their usefulness as the game goes on. Except for the Sceptile (who are pretty sweet all around), Serperior (because of dumb gym order) and Meganium (who sucked from the beginning anyway so they don't even count).

    Wait, that's half of them, and we don't even know what gen 6 will be like so we can't weigh in-- oh whatever.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  19. #25769
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Oh, right. Do we mean worst as in statistically? My bad. Yeah, Venusaur excepted, they're pretty poor.

  20. #25770
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    This must be the place.
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Not to mention they have the same amount of weaknesses as both fire and water starters combined. I mean, is there any good reason for them to be weak against poison types anyway?
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

    pock pock pock

  21. #25771
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tecksas
    Posts
    7,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    And yes, I'm being completely serious. You have been nothing but annoying in this thread, and I'm getting fed up.
    That's oddly funny, coming from you.

    He's not even remotely funny to begin with, much less even failing at being pretentiously egotistical.

    You, like a majority of these users on this thread are just crying over spilt milk.

  22. #25772
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    I like the Grass starter, and for the most part I've always thought it was the best line of the three. With the exception of the Turtwig line and Serperior (specifically Serperior, cos why is a creature evolving only to lose its legs), the grass starter and its evos have usually been my faves (Kanto excepting cos they're all awesome). Fennekin is one of my favourites in a while though.

    Here's one for people. Without looking, what is the name of the grass starter?
    chespin.

    and r u hating on the turtwig line!?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

  23. #25773
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    DK IS AN EPIC POSTER D8
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    chespin.

    and r u hating on the turtwig line!?
    I love the Turtwig line. 2nd favorite Grass starter =P
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

  24. #25774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    P.S. - Is there some rule that says the grass starter always has to be the worst? Because that's now the case for at least half of the games, and I'm sick of it because I always choose them. Then again, maybe a giant, pissed-off badger could be cool.
    I've always started with the grass type on my first playthrough, I feel ya. Until Gen 5, that is, I just did not like Snivy at all. Concept was great, execution was terrible. Turtwig was fantastic, Treecko was meh, Chikorita was more bland than mayo on white bread, and Bulbasaur was also meh. It's kinda just a big pile of disappointment. I'm just a sucker for their designs, though.

  25. #25775
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Here's one for people. Without looking, what is the name of the grass starter?
    Chester A. Arthur. Chester Thompson. Chester, England. Chester Cheetah. Chester, the mimic monster from Super Mario RPG. Chest of Drawers.

    Naw, just kidding, it's Chespin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Oh, right. Do we mean worst as in statistically? My bad. Yeah, Venusaur excepted, they're pretty poor.
    That would make Serperior even worse, because it has the lowest stats among the other Grass-type starters' final evos, last I checked.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

Page 1031 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 319319811021102710281029103010311032103310341035104110811131 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •