Page 1087 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8798710371077108310841085108610871088108910901091109711371187 ... LastLast
Results 27,151 to 27,175 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    I think people focus on the ratings numbers too much instead of bothering to read the review itself, since a mere "Overall" score cannot possibly cover all that many nuances about the game in question.
    I generally agree that they do since generally the deal breakers for many people could be specific mechanics which can't be expressed in numbers. I do sometimes find general aggregate scores useful however, when I want to get a rough consensus on how people like the game.

It's weird how this thread and the general chat in OVGD are talking about the same thing right now.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    I generally agree that they do since generally the deal breakers for many people could be specific mechanics which can't be expressed in numbers. I do sometimes find general aggregate scores useful however, when I want to get a rough consensus on how people like the game.
    Those are pretty okay in their own right -- generally, combine them with more general information about how the game plays, and you have something that could serve as a good indicator as to how well those whose scores are aggregated enjoy those features.

Well, hopefully.

It's weird how this thread and the general chat in OVGD are talking about the same thing right now.
    Well, we pretty much all play video games on this site, it's somewhat to be expected, I guess?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I personally found it so, or at least it was consistent since it's not trying to fit every girl in like part 1 did.
    Yeah, a few episodes in and I can see that the arc transitions are a lot smoother. But it's been replaced with Kyou, Ryou, and Kotomi showing up randomly and commenting on whatever stupid crap is going on and then running off again. Still, probably 95% of what I'm hating about it stems from Nagisa. They did the impossible and made her worse, changing her personality from awful to non-existent (unless Mary-Sue-following-the-main-character-around-everywhere is a personality, but I don't think so). And they gutted the characters of Tomoya and Kyou, cut Tomoyo's story and development in half, did God-knows-what with Kotomi's personality, and gave Ryou a smaller dose of the Nagisa treatment. It's really annoying just because it would probably be a really great show (and better game) if Nagisa wasn't in it at all. And also I don't understand all the reviews I read saying that it's a great romance story, but I guess that's exactly why Twilight is a bestseller. That's probably why they had to deliberately make all the characters worse, too: it wouldn't even be conceivable that Nagisa could be anybody's choice if all the other options weren't reduced to shells of what they should be (or just removed from the picture entirely, as they were in the game).

I should really find a better place to ***** about being angry at animes, but eh, effort. And I don't want to risk getting involved with real weeaboos.

I should also start that eventually. My backlog and procrastination is preventing this though. I should be doing homework and studying, not playing animu.
    I don't mean to judge, but the sooner you get on that, the sooner your life improves. And studying's overrated anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    WOW THIS CHAPSTICK IS HORRIBLE IT'S MAKING MY LIPS BURN MORE.
    caps
    mmmmmmmmmmentholated?

And that's a problem, too; apparently everything below 3/5 is a gilded turd, depending on who you're asking, where 3/5 is somehow still the baseline for "good" things. At 2.5 it has redeeming qualities but they still don't make it worth even borrowing from a friend, apparently -- at least, that's how I understand it. I may be looking too much at allmusic, which employs several "critics" who like everything and give half-opinions and four-line reviews when a "line" is about 400 pixels wide.
    Music critics are in a league of their own at sucking. But yeah, I can never tell what ratings really mean, either. They should be curved or whatever, so that there's about as many 1s as 5s, 2s as 4s, and so on, because how often do you actually see a really low score as opposed to a really high one? It's madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    That's one thing I don't like about ratings systems, especially ones on a 10 scale. Video games are probably the worst, as a 10 means a great game, a 9 is a good game, and 8 an ok game, and anything below is an awful game.
    Going off what I just wrote, this kinda makes me want to hunt down a 1/10 game, just to see what's up. I don't know that I've ever seen one, though.

Those are pretty okay in their own right -- generally, combine them with more general information about how the game plays, and you have something that could serve as a good indicator as to how well those whose scores are aggregated enjoy those features.

Well, hopefully.

Well, we pretty much all play video games on this site, it's somewhat to be expected, I guess?
    Let the record state that the GCT aggregate has decided that aggregators are the way to go with reviews.

Also video games are for nerds what's wrong with you guys.

ugh my nose is literally dripping
    hay fever is the worst
    life is
    a game

That sounds pretty gross.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    ugh my nose is literally dripping
    hay fever is the worst
    Yes, yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    mmmmmmmmmmentholated?
    Unfortunately it was some berry crap that tasted good when I put it on, but then was like "lolno" and decided to burn instead. It wasn't even the Chapstick brand. It was deceiving.

As far as chapstick is concerned, Burt's is the bee's knees.

Haha, see what I did there?

I do not see what you did there.
    :(

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    Unfortunately it was some berry crap that tasted good when I put it on, but then was like "lolno" and decided to burn instead. It wasn't even the Chapstick brand. It was deceiving.
    This made me lol. You made my day, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    I do not see what you did there.
    :(
    I want to be upset with you, but I can't because of that adorable puppy.

...I was talking about Burt's Bees.

bees?
    life is
    a game

I love Burt's Bees <3 I have a ton of their chapstick around my house because I go through it so fast.
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I love Burt's Bees <3 I have a ton of their chapstick around my house because I go through it so fast.
    does it taste good
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    does it taste good
    Like peppermint lol

But that reminds me of this awful story. I used to have a ton of chapstick in all different flavors (strawberry, bubblegum, blue raspberry, etc), and my old next door neighbor growing up asked if she could eat it (I had a group of friends over at my house). I figured she was joking and said no and thought nothing else of it. Anyways I stepped out of the room for something, came back and we all left to go outside or something.

When I went back hours later to get some chapstick every damn stick was eaten. There was like 8 of them !

I can't even imagine how someone would enjoy that lol.
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

hahaha oh gosh. surely you'd try one and be like "ok this texture is godawful" and realise that you are, in fact, not supposed to eat them
    life is
    a game

Is anyone here still watching The Office?

What's "The Office"?
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDeoxys View Post
    What's "The Office"?
    Its a show, quite funny. Haven't watched it in a while though.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Oh goodness gracious I miss stuff when I'm busy. 'Grats moot and sogeking!
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Like peppermint lol

But that reminds me of this awful story. I used to have a ton of chapstick in all different flavors (strawberry, bubblegum, blue raspberry, etc), and my old next door neighbor growing up asked if she could eat it (I had a group of friends over at my house). I figured she was joking and said no and thought nothing else of it. Anyways I stepped out of the room for something, came back and we all left to go outside or something.

When I went back hours later to get some chapstick every damn stick was eaten. There was like 8 of them !

I can't even imagine how someone would enjoy that lol.
    You think that's weird.....oh man I've got a story for you.
    So I went to Disney World for my senior trip at the end of november last year, and I was casually minding my own business walking through some stores in the Magic Kingdom. A child no taller than maybe five feet, runs up to me and jabs my groin. Then darts away. I didn't see a face, or anything. Just BOOM and gone. I was literally sexually assaulted by a child in Disney World. My friends were dying with laughter as I was groveling on the floor in pain. I made at least 100 people's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    So I went to Disney World for my senior trip at the end of november last year, and I was casually minding my own business walking through some stores in the Magic Kingdom. A child no taller than maybe five feet, runs up to me and jabs my groin. Then darts away. I didn't see a face, or anything. Just BOOM and gone. I was literally sexually assaulted by a child in Disney World. My friends were dying with laughter as I was groveling on the floor in pain. I made at least 100 people's day.
    I bet that was a dare.

If it was 4 years ago that might have been someone I know.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Oh GOD! What a demon! X'D

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    If it was 4 years ago that might have been someone I know.
    He said it was last year.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

yeah i love that show.

Page 1087 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8798710371077108310841085108610871088108910901091109711371187 ... LastLast