Page 1142 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 142104210921132113811391140114111421143114411451146115211921242 ... LastLast
Results 28,526 to 28,550 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

the beatles are so great because they pushed the boundaries of pop music to its limit and they (almost entirely by themselves) were a revolution in the music industry. i am not their biggest fan or anything but god damn if you can't appreciate what they did for music you are probably dull. the only other bands i can compare to them are king crimson and pink floyd

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Capitol's unfortunately.
    does she have a butcher cover Yesterday and Today? that would make me jealous
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Come on. Surely you can do better than that?

Lennon was a wife-beater though.
    I'm on vacation at my boyfriend's house and posting from my phone. Quality posts aren't really on my priority list. Too busy enjoying other things

I think my favorite band is CCR, I don't think I could say that for certain though. As far as newer bands go I'm pretty into The Killers, The Strokes, and Vampire Weekend. Linkin Park is okay, they have some good songs but nothing spectacular IMO. The Beatles are definitely a wonderful band with some great music. Not quite my favorite but I could listen to em all day
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    the beatles are so great because they pushed the boundaries of pop music to its limit and they (almost entirely by themselves) were a revolution in the music industry. i am not their biggest fan or anything but god damn if you can't appreciate what they did for music you are probably dull. the only other bands i can compare to them are king crimson and pink floyd
    King Crimson were great, but the transformative effect seemed, at least early on, a bit more restricted. The Beatles, though, definitely did a lot, and so did Pink Floyd. Listening to their early albums... Few others even after did that ****. Certainly not as well.

(And her rich.)

For some reason, I think there was some re-issue that re-used that cover. It might not have been an official one, though.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

all things steven wilson, jakob, king crimson, anathema, trifonic, opeth, this will destroy you

mm mm

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    For some reason, I think there was some re-issue that re-used that cover. It might not have been an official one, though.
    doubt it would've been official. there are loads of bootlegs of it obviously
    life is
    a game

the beatles are so great because they pushed the boundaries of pop music to its limit and they (almost entirely by themselves) were a revolution in the music industry. i am not their biggest fan or anything but god damn if you can't appreciate what they did for music you are probably dull. the only other bands i can compare to them are king crimson and pink floyd.
    I just have to point out that Pet Sounds and Fifth Dimension came out before Revolver. And Phil Spector was doing his trademark production for a few years since then. (Freak Out and Love were pretty boundary pushing but I am not sure if they had much recording innovation and weren't all that mainstream *) Now the Beatles were probably the most influential when it came to music recording, but saying they pushed the limits entirely by themselves is probably a bit too charitable.

*yeah I have a lot of stuff I need to listen to.

Regarding Linkin Park, the only songs I like are the poppier/more electronic ones. They seem to do it a lot better than rap-metal or whatever it is they play normally.
    Last edited by Zazie; 11th March 2013 at 4:29 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

doubt it would've been official. there are loads of bootlegs of it obviously
    Oh, definitely. I couldn't see an official product re-using it, no matter how popular it is. (And it's clear that it is popular by the amount of bootlegs of it!)

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    I just have to point out that Pet Sounds and Fifth Dimension came out before Revolver. And Phil Spector was doing his trademark production for a few years since then. (Freak Out and Love were pretty boundary pushing but I am not sure if they had much recording innovation and weren't all that mainstream *) Now the Beatles were probably the most influential when it came to music recording, but saying they pushed the limits entirely by themselves is probably a bit too charitable.

*yeah I have a lot of stuff I need to listen to.

Regarding Linkin Park, the only songs I like are the poppier/more electronic ones. They seem to do it a lot better than rap-metal or whatever it is they play normally.
    I actually prefer their rap-metal to the electronica. The rap/metal songs are just written and composed better imo. But hey, to each their own.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Chester Bennington's vocals are far too exaggerated, and Mike Shinoda isn't good at rapping. Most Linkin Park songs have awful lyrics. But people like them because their music is accessible. I'll try not to speak for everyone, but a lot of people I've known to like Linkin Park (including myself) grew out of it.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

Quote Originally Posted by moot
    jakob
    You da man.

Also it seems like I've made my first post that counted towards post count since January... geez I remember when I used to be a posting whore.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Chester Bennington's vocals are far too exaggerated, and Mike Shinoda isn't good at rapping. Most Linkin Park songs have awful lyrics. But people like them because their music is accessible. I'll try not to speak for everyone, but a lot of people I've known to like Linkin Park (including myself) grew out of it.
    Yeah, even as a longtime fan, I know the lyrics suck, but I do like the melodies and instruments. i personally like the two vocalists. But yeah, bands like Judas Priest, Queen, Metallica, Led Zep, and Black Sabbath kick their asses to Alpha Centauri and back.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

wahta we talkin bout?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    You da man.

Also it seems like I've made my first post that counted towards post count since January... geez I remember when I used to be a posting whore.
    why have you not outed yourself as a jakob fan sooner? so keen for album #4
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    Yeah, even as a longtime fan, I know the lyrics suck, but I do like the melodies and instruments. i personally like the two vocalists. But yeah, bands like Judas Priest, Queen, Metallica, Led Zep, and Black Sabbath kick their asses to Alpha Centauri and back.
    I don't really think it's fair to compare them because LP are much more modern than those bands. But as far as metal goes, I'm not a big fan of much of it, but I'll always tune into some 80's thrash given the chance.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    I don't really think it's fair to compare them because LP are much more modern than those bands.
    Yeah, this. They're... really a LOT different to e.g. Judas Priest, Metallica.

But as far as metal goes, I'm not a big fan of much of it, but I'll always tune into some 80's thrash given the chance.
    Get yourself some Voivod albums if you can.

The usual links

There must be some sort of trick I'm not getting here.

So jigs up.

Whats with the title.

it's a thread for general chatting?
    life is
    a game

...Seems more like for random chatness. /Shot
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein, OR IGN is Arkis, AS IGN is Sabiah

i like britney spears n mandy moore

I'm ever so slightly upset that I can't join in with the 'what are your classes' thread

I graduated last year with a Bachelor's in English, and now I'm on the jobhunt. If I could afford it, I'd definitely start on a Masters course, but obviously I'd need a job to earn money for it...

Eep. /general chatting.

Black 2 FC:
    2452 4122 3003

picked up an iPhone 5 yesterday. Didnt wanna leave Android but 12 phone in 2 years is a hard pill to swallow, so I had to say bye.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

The one with all the weird guts right? Then yes, she has a butcher cover.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    The one with all the weird guts right? Then yes, she has a butcher cover.
    You mean this one, right?

If it's real, holy ****. If it's a bootleg, it's a cool-looking bootleg.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Panic_excl View Post
    I'm ever so slightly upset that I can't join in with the 'what are your classes' thread

I graduated last year with a Bachelor's in English, and now I'm on the jobhunt. If I could afford it, I'd definitely start on a Masters course, but obviously I'd need a job to earn money for it...

Eep. /general chatting.
    Gecko! Gecko! Gecko!! So cute!!!!
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    picked up an iPhone 5 yesterday. Didnt wanna leave Android but 12 phone in 2 years is a hard pill to swallow, so I had to say bye.

B
    Twelve phones in two years, Jesus Christ.
    Do you chuck them across the room all the time, or did you just pick the cheapest android phone you saw and not read any reviews on it? Or do you get bad cases of the dropsies, like I do?
    Here's my beloved Droid 3 of two years (also enjoy my disgustingly large hands). The one day I did not have my broken, yet slightly functional, case on it, my hand decided to stop working and it fell onto a stone floor, bounced on it's corner, then slammed down face-first. It still works, obviously, just the speakers don't work anymore so I can't hear someone on the phone, and the bits of glass are coming off the screen so I knick my fingers up a bit when I use it. I just have to wait until I can afford a new phone comparable to it. Alkansdgasdg.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic_excl View Post

Ouch, that's gotta hurt. A close friend of mine majored in English and graduated a couple of years ago. She's been working the same slightly-above-minimum wage job for nearly 8 years, now. :u

Also I want to hug that gecko in your sig forever ugh.
    Last edited by ArmorAndonomon; 11th March 2013 at 8:15 PM.

Page 1142 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 142104210921132113811391140114111421143114411451146115211921242 ... LastLast