Page 1225 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 225112511751215122112221223122412251226122712281229123512751325 ... LastLast
Results 30,601 to 30,625 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

I miss swimming. I prefer it to running and walking, honestly.

Hell, I bet I'll lose a lot of weight if I could swim again. Sadly, I don't have the money to go to a public pool, and I also don't have a swimsuit that fits me anymore.

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

dieting is more important than exercise for losing weight and a hell of a lot easier

I've been so lazy, I should swim as well, especially cause it's boiling outside :l I hate summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    dieting is more important than exercise for losing weight and a hell of a lot easier
    This is the worst advice I've ever heard.

They both matter equally imo. To lose weight, you would have to consume a lower amount of calories than your BMR(metabolic rate where body burns calories at rest) without excercise. If you consume more, then excercise is needed to burn off the excess calories. It's not really easier because most BMRs are around 1700, and to eat only 1200 and stay full is really hard. Why do you think most diets fail? So to eat 1700 calories and burn 500 sounds a lot easier to me than eating 1200.
    hehe

I just find it annoying that some people think that diet Coke will actually help them lose weight.
    For example, some guy at McDonald's says: "I'll take some Super sized fries, with two Big Macs. Oh, and a diet Coke, just so I don't get too fat."

Oh, and Tai, I only find your signature mildly disturbing. :/
    Trainer name: Liam (I'm usually up for casual battles now...)

Friend Codes Pearl: 5113 7483 6924 White: 0562 7412 3100
    "While working on my PokéDex, I looked all over for Pokémon. Not only that, I assembled teams that would beat any Pokémon type. And now... I'm the Pokémon League Champion! Red! Do you know what that means? I'll tell you. I am the most powerful Trainer in the world!"
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2jdqr5x.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry, I disagree.

Dieting helps. You are what you eat. If you treat your body well with good foods in a balanced manner, you can build your body up to be an improvement to the previous state. But if anyone wants to lose excess fat, they're better off increasing their body's cardio circulation system and increasing their lean body mass to be able to get their own body to even consume the excess fat for energy consumption. But it's good to keep some anyways. You need it for keeping your body warm and cool, as well as a slight buffer.

Drinking water is key. It also helps to keep good fats in your system, cuz your body needs fat to power itself up. Starving yourself of such, is kinda foolish. Eating avocados are good for that. Recommended intake is basically 15-30% protein, 40-60% carbs and 20-40% fats. Of course, keep your system clean also with fiber and all those other vits and minerals. BUt also keep in mind your own body's composition, because everyone's different and all that yada yada yada stuff.

Swimming, resistance training and endurance training are all actually quite useful and beneficial for a good ideal weight loss/ build up program.
    Last edited by Rave; 19th July 2013 at 3:13 AM.

Just be rich and get liposuction and implants to give the appearance of having muscles. \o/

what i said wasn't advice, it is something that's been backed by studies. obviously doing both would be healthier. you can exercise all you want but if you don't watch your caloric intake then you aren't going to lose weight as effectively as if you just cut your calories.

i stand by my opinion that having the determination to exercise consistently is more difficult than being able to pick out foods from walmart that don't make you fat. weight management is all about math.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0414141449.htm <-- this is my favorite one because there's a quote that makes things easy to understand

At the end of the intervention, the researchers found that the women in the exercise-only group lost, on average, 2.4 percent of their starting weight (with a mean weight loss of 4.4 pounds) as compared to an average weight loss of 8.5 percent among women in the diet-only group (with a mean weight loss of 15.8 pounds). The greatest weight loss was achieved by women who both changed their diet and exercised regularly; these women shed an average of 10.8 percent of their starting weight (with a mean weight loss of 19.8 pounds). Two-thirds of the women in this group achieved the study goal of losing at least 10 percent of their starting weight.
    however, i'm not here to argue about health with people so goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    Just be rich and get liposuction and implants to give the appearance of having muscles. \o/
    this reminds me of something some guy at my gym said, biceps aren't good for anything except doing curls
    Last edited by Prelude; 19th July 2013 at 3:57 AM.

And for making people want to have sex with you.

i personally think putting triceps on anything makes it instantly sexier

Praise be to jesus, yessss.

"Thread: Any rap/linkin park fans?"

I cannot stop laughing at the title
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

someone threw up on the grown at the park today, me and two other workers tried to clean it up by putting power chlorine on it

now we're in the hospital, not one of my better ideas

why didn't you just mop / hose it off
    life is
    a game

too crowded to use a hose, it's a tiny amusement park. we usually use cat littler but we ran out. the chlorine would of worked fine if it wasn't 105 degrees out, apparently it reacted with the heat and created a concentrated gas smell. we swept it up and apparently after we went to first aid the trash can set on fire

lmao
    life is
    a game

what i said wasn't advice, it is something that's been backed by studies. obviously doing both would be healthier. you can exercise all you want but if you don't watch your caloric intake then you aren't going to lose weight as effectively as if you just cut your calories.
    Let me ask you. Did the construct of calories even exist past 500- 1000 years ago? Cuz if so, please explain to me how you know oh so much about maintaining your body's material composites and genetic makeup to know how all those made up constructs of "calories" in being able to quantify your body's makeup, are able to help give you your ideal body's ideal physique.

Cuz I'm completely sure and sold on the idea that you're definitely far more confident and more knowledgable than I am when it comes to understanding stuff like this far more than I am. Being educated and all. Amirite? Or are you just another one of those, "I don't need a degree to get around" kind of people? It's far more complex than that dude.

i stand by my opinion that having the determination to exercise consistently is more difficult than being able to pick out foods from walmart that don't make you fat. weight management is all about math.
    It is... You know... principle of least effort and all. I get it. And working out like that, gives you the best results. Overworking actually is counterproductive to the desired results you want. That's just common sense, rule of thumb, etc. But of course, what we're talking about here, are schedules of reinforcement. Something I doubt you have any far understanding in, at all (in which, I hope you do.) The body follows the mind after all.

Math is a made up construct to be able to understand and quantify things around us. Including as something as molecular as "calories." I really don't think you understand the abstract idea behind even stuff as complex past number theory to understand just exactly how unstable math really is. Much less, literature, science, technology, philosophy, etc.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0414141449.htm <-- this is my favorite one because there's a quote that makes things easy to understand
    Again, you're wrong.

I don't think you understand science and philosophy like I do to be able to discern what really works and what doesn't. Hell, the articles you showed me, literally shot yourself in the foot right at the beginning of the article, sad to say. If you REALLY want scientific proof, you'd be reading the science papers on it, and not news articles. Sorry, charlie, you really made yourself sound and look more wrong than you think you are "right."

You need to look at those variables, controls and population groups again and how many times those experiments have been conducted many times over. Not to mention, their sources, and their sources, etc. What you need is a meta-analyis, not just one fucking paper, much less, a news article.

however, i'm not here to argue about health with people so goodbye
    Sure, it's your body, so you can let it go bad for all I care. I don't give a fuck. I'm just giving you the expert advice I've been given.

this reminds me of something some guy at my gym said, biceps aren't good for anything except doing curls
    what a fucking moron. Seriously. Facepalm till I headdesked myself. Hard.
    Last edited by Rave; 19th July 2013 at 8:25 AM.

im not going to read that lol

triceps do more work and look sexier

i have mad triceps, get in line ladies
    life is
    a game

triceps are great, but i also invest heavily in chest workouts
    this combination give me one hell of a bench
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Woo Blaze boy's back
    Yeah I am back, not sure if that's a good thing or not ¬_¬;

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    And I agree, the weather is killing me at the moment. It's killing all the vegetation in my garden as well quite literally
    Yeah today I taken the laptop outside where it's more cooler.

Also in other news, I am really hating my laziness as I really get round to booking my driving test. >_<

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    i almost died
    Now you have a story for the kids.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Spoiler:- Someone said triceps?:
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Page 1225 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 225112511751215122112221223122412251226122712281229123512751325 ... LastLast