Page 1250 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 250115012001240124612471248124912501251125212531254126013001350 ... LastLast
Results 31,226 to 31,250 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

18. I got fined for being a minor having alcohol on their possession.

Which is fair. Just sucks because I wasn't doing anything with it and I was so close to making it back home.

Star-Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post

Which is fair. Just sucks because I wasn't doing anything with it and I was so close to making it back home.
    That high of a fine seems kind of... over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    The cops needed a little extra gas money, so they tacked it onto the fine.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    The cops needed a little extra gas money, so they tacked it onto the fine.
    To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised.

You could always move here, Moogles. All but like two of the cops in my town are in their 20s and they let their high school friends get away with alcohol consumption all the time. Hell, one of the officers was almost expelled when she was a senior in high school for bringing vodka in a water bottle to class. We have some high-quality law enforcement in these parts. 'Murrica.

Were you driving or walking?

Hardly.

Any fine is over the top. Just confiscate it. Or just go and solve crimes for the inflated salaries they're paid.

I looked it up and the law says "May be fined" so now I'm sort of upset that he didn't let me go since I wasn't planning on doing anything with it. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Were you driving or walking?
    Walking. It was relatively close by.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Any fine is over the top. Just confiscate it. Or just go and solve crimes for the inflated salaries they're paid.
    He actually had me pour it out in front of him. An entire 375 ml bottle gone, just like that.

You could always move here, Moogles. All but like two of the cops in my town are in their 20s and they let their high school friends get away with alcohol consumption all the time. Hell, one of the officers was almost expelled when she was a senior in high school for bringing vodka in a water bottle to class. We have some high-quality law enforcement in these parts. 'Murrica.
    Trčs haute qualité. When I was walking home I saw they were busting out the big van so I wonder if they put any of those kids in the drunk tank. Seems awfully extreme for a bunch of 13-16 year olds for the most part.

Star-Lord

He actually had me pour it out in front of him. An entire 375 ml bottle gone, just like that..
    Pft. What a waste. Sucks.

Does anyone know a good place (UK and preferably not online cos I prefer to try things on, especially with the garment in question) know a good place to buy good suits at a cheap(ish) price?

I need a second work suit; going navy cos it can transition between work and bars relatively easily, budget about 175 pounds.

Topman has served me well in the past, and their suits are very nicely cut for the slim, but I'd like to go full wool.

I looked it up and the law says "May be fined" so now I'm sort of upset that he didn't let me go since I wasn't planning on doing anything with it. Oh well.

Trčs haute qualité. When I was walking home I saw they were busting out the big van so I wonder if they put any of those kids in the drunk tank. Seems awfully extreme for a bunch of 13-16 year olds for the most part.
    That's pretty bush league. I could understand more if you were drunk and carrying around an open container. But if you were totally sober and it was an optional fine, that's pretty lame. I'm assuming the drinking age in your province is 19? So you're pretty close to the legal drinking age anyway. How much of a difference is a few months going to make? I mean, really. It's not like you were driving or anything.

Gotta make that quota, man.

That's pretty bush league. I could understand more if you were drunk and carrying around an open container. But if you were totally sober and it was an optional fine, that's pretty lame. I'm assuming the drinking age in your province is 19? So you're pretty close to the legal drinking age anyway. How much of a difference is a few months going to make? I mean, really. It's not like you were driving or anything.

Gotta make that quota, man.
    I understand both sides of the argument but in the end, the cops gotta get paid. If you get a chance, you take it.

I understand both sides of the argument but in the end, the cops gotta get paid. If you get a chance, you take it.
    I'd like to think that taxpayer money is better spent on preventing and apprehending genuine threats to society/the community.

I get that it's illegal for a minor to be carrying around alcohol. But the fine was optional and Moogles was sober. I think it was a bit of an overreaction. It's not like that $230 is going to straight to his pocket.

I'd like to think that taxpayer money is better spent on preventing and apprehending genuine threats to society/the community.
    I get that it's illegal for a minor to be carrying around alcohol. But the fine was optional and Moogles was sober. I think it was a bit of an overreaction. It's not like that $230 is going to straight to his pocket.
    Hey, I agree. But what are ya gonna do

Also who made that post in your sig. it's pretty lol

Hey, I agree. But what are ya gonna do

Also who made that post in your sig. it's pretty lol
    I would tell you, but if I keep messing with this person, he will totes tell a mod on me. What am I gonna do if I get infracted? =(

You should see the whole PM lol

Damnit. I just got summoned for Jury Duty. How do I go about getting out of this. Apparently I could get jailed for 2 years for just not showing up...

Do you go to school? You won't be able to get out of it, or so I've heard, if you do , but I think you can defer it to a later date, like when you're on break or something.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

He actually had me pour it out in front of him. An entire 375 ml bottle gone, just like that.
    That's really stupid. Even the cops confiscating it would be a better use of it.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

... yeah. The world kinda sucks that way.

Damnit. I just got summoned for Jury Duty. How do I go about getting out of this. Apparently I could get jailed for 2 years for just not showing up...
    Join a cult, then begin spouting their ******** beliefs and philosophies whenever anyone talks to you during the process. You'll still have to waste a day, but at least they'll never pick you to be a juror.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    Do you go to school? You won't be able to get out of it, or so I've heard, if you do , but I think you can defer it to a later date, like when you're on break or something.
    Yeah, that's the main reason for me not wanting to go. I have work when I'm not in school but I'm sure they won't cover a full workday of compensation if I take off.

Moogles, your treatment by the police does sound like overkill on their part. Compared to the phenomenon of a group of 13-16 year-olds having a party supplied with alcohol, at least, which does merit serious intervention. On a related note, my best friend was once told by a police officer that they don't actually have monthly/quarterly/whatever quotas for tickets or arrests, just that if they in general show little results for their work, they get flak for not doing their jobs (an observation with which I'm sure of all us who work can commiserate).

Quote Originally Posted by likethelottery View Post
    IMO it goes beyond that, a little. People should learn how to deal with people they don't necessarily like that will be near them for a long term basis.
    I had been referencing not this so much as the thick current of "If you don't like drinking and partying, there's something wrong with you" that permeates American/British (western?) youth culture and which reared its bleary-eyed, sticky head a few pages ago.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Jury Duty is a must. You miss out they put out a warrant for your arrest and possibly a fine.
    The most you can do is reschedule it.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

I think if you really wanted out you could show that you have some sort of bias and they would exclude you because of your supposed role of being impartial.

It's a personal ethics call though.

Star-Lord

Yeah, looking around it seems that pretending to racist would give the best results but I don't have it in to actually try.

You could always get lucky and be expelled from a pre-trial motion too.

Dunno about the States but in Canada you're allowed so many times just to expel jurors for basically no reason.

Star-Lord

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    maybe this will make you feel better

https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan

i can't breathe
    Theres a reason this exists:

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

My husband got summoned for the day of our wedding... I admit I laughed a bit and he got it rescheduled for January or something.

I got summoned over a year ago, told them I couldn't miss work and they excused me and I've yet to be called back
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

Page 1250 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 250115012001240124612471248124912501251125212531254126013001350 ... LastLast