Page 1300 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 300120012501290129612971298129913001301130213031304131013501400 ... LastLast
Results 32,476 to 32,500 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

It happened to me once at work and I was nearly crying from the pain and I had to stay in the back doing dishes all day because whenever I went out to the storefront the light made it pulse. Legitimately one of the worst experiences of my life; I no longer made fun of friends who had problems with headaches.

I've always made sure I have a constant supply of extra-strength painkillers ever since I found myself suffering from a migraine while couchsurfing half a mile away from any drug stores
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    I've always made sure I have a constant supply of extra-strength painkillers ever since I found myself suffering from a migraine while couchsurfing half a mile away from any drug stores
    Pretty much this. I try to keep some aspirin in my bag when I got out, or make note of the closest place to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    It happened to me once at work and I was nearly crying from the pain and I had to stay in the back doing dishes all day because whenever I went out to the storefront the light made it pulse. Legitimately one of the worst experiences of my life; I no longer made fun of friends who had problems with headaches.
    Think that is bad try.. or not Meningitis, it combines vomiting, horrible sensitivity to sound including whispering, and being effected by light so badly that even the light from the hallway hurts.

headaches are the absolute shits. when I have them I just drug myself up on tylenol with codeine and fall asleep because the headaches are super debilitating

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    headaches are the absolute shits. when I have them I just drug myself up on tylenol with codeine and fall asleep because the headaches are super debilitating
    Sleep would be a godsend right now but I gotta get this 3D Model done by Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    You made my day darker because I'm color blind, thanks Profesco.
    I'm sorry if you had trouble seeing that illusion, then, but the upshot is that even vivid color vision is just as much a trick of brain wiring and circumstance as color-blindness, if you want to see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Wow, did not see that comin.
    If you liked it, here's one of the other illusions I alluded to:

A and B are the same color/shade.

We had so much fun with optical illusions in cognitive psych class. It's hilarious and fascinating what you can trick a person into perceiving because of the many processing shortcuts our brains use to create a holistic representation of our sensory info.

Re. migraines: Had several of them during adolescence. I've taken to keeping a supply of Excedrin's migraine formula on hand for when they come up again every so often. For very bad ones that need to be relieved quickly, I'll take the meds with a sip of something caffeinated - not normally recommended, since specifically migraine formula meds usually contain an appropriate dose of caffeine anyway - but the caffeine's effect on circulation in the brain improves the med effect/speed.
    3DS Code: 2723 9573 9029

Spoiler:- Whitman's code:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post

If you liked it, here's one of the other illusions I alluded.
    I like this one. I feel the easiest way to explain it to people is just to roll your hands and a circle, and put them over the squares and look though them.

I like this one. *ignore troll face

Profesco, you humor killer, I was joking!
    [03:16] <kesha> youre a 10 baby

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

I dunno, when I learned how there are elegant mathematics to explain and identify the several naturally stable cell matrices, I thought it was neat. Lots of biologists actually use math (I say 'actually' because plenty of science wonks on the internet like to joke about biologists avoiding math in their science).
    See, my bio right now is an Honors Biology high school course, which is really laughable considering that in the first two months of the school year the only major grades we had were this project and one written assessment. Also our teacher is terrible so that might be part it. There's been nothing intensely math related so far that I can think of, and certainly nothing nearly as complex as what you mentioned. When I think of a science relating to math, I tend to think of physics, not bio. Took that class my freshman year of high school and that's had more than chem and bio so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    i am a molecular bio person and we only technically have to take up to calc 2 (biochem which is closer to my concentration has calc 3, i took calc 3 for my statistics minor anyway) but extra math is definitely helpful for some stuff. if youre more on the biochem-influenced side of biology there is a ton of math in enzymes and and other small cell parts. theres also a lot of statistics, which is not quite the same but higher level statistics cant be explained very well without knowing a lot of linear analysis, calculus, etc

i get mad when people say biology doesnt have anything to do with math/hard "real" science <_<
    Oh that's an interesting combo, bio and stat seem pretty different when thinking about them in general, for me, anyway. I'm taking AP Stat this year along with Honors Bio and I can hardly make any connections between the two, cool that there's some overlap once you get more advanced. Definitely going to major in Stat once I get to college, though it's kind of unfortunate that I won't have a stat class to take during my senior year next year. On the other hand however it'll definitely look good to have the AP class completed and college credit from a good AP exam score once I start sending in college applications. At least I'll still have Calc BC next year so I haven't run out of math yet!
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Wow have'nt posted here in awhill how are you guys .
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Check out my Persona fanfic. Review if you like it if you didn't tell me why with a review.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1052177...-New-Beginning

I've also got a new fic a Pokemon one check it out:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1054179...e-Story-Of-Red

Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Think that is bad try.. or not Meningitis, it combines vomiting, horrible sensitivity to sound including whispering, and being effected by light so badly that even the light from the hallway hurts.
    I get all of that with my migraines so.. :/

Though I will say one of the worst experiences ever was throwing up when my back and ribs were broken. The pain. Dear god.

Suck it, moot!
    Last edited by Kreis; 23rd October 2013 at 4:49 AM.

I dunno, his shiny Flygon is still pretty boss.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I'm working on breeding/team building before shiny hunting. Although, I did manage to trade for a French Quilladin with a couple max IVs, so I get to MM and IV breed at the same time (multitasking!). To that end, I have a box full o' Bulletproof Chespin I kinda sorta hafta get rid of 'cause I'm running out of PC space. If anybody wants one, just send me a VM. I'm eager to get lots of different ID numbers, since I play the "loto" every day. The other day I won a PP Max, and wouldn't be averse to repeating that performance, aha. ^_^
    3DS Code: 2723 9573 9029

Spoiler:- Whitman's code:

I'm working on breeding/team building before shiny hunting. Although, I did manage to trade for a French Quilladin with a couple max IVs, so I get to MM and IV breed at the same time (multitasking!). To that end, I have a box full o' Bulletproof Chespin I kinda sorta hafta get rid of 'cause I'm running out of PC space. If anybody wants one, just send me a VM. I'm eager to get lots of different ID numbers, since I play the "loto" every day. The other day I won a PP Max, and wouldn't be averse to repeating that performance, aha. ^_^
    I could use one, but I don't think I have a whole lot on par with that. I could pretty easily get a baby Fennekin if you need one. Which you... probably don't.

The usual links

I love blue sylveon! Is that yours?

Yeah. Since nothing can be hacked yet, people are surprisingly generous with trading. Why everyone wants the starters is beyond me. I really want a shiny goomy though.

it has bad ivs though

in other news, I'm half done my online team. So far I got Heliolisk, Sylveon and Goodra and I'm thinking of adding Zapdos

goomy is so ****ing stupid anyone who likes it is a moron obsessed with the internet because it's ugly and horrible and only got fans bc people on the internet like it for some reason

also ap stats is more than some stats majors here take and qwe have a good stats program... just be sure you actually like stats because it's not as easy as some people think it is and it's not easy to switch to antoher major after u ick it

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

goomy is so ****ing stupid anyone who likes it is a moron obsessed with the internet because it's ugly and horrible and only got fans bc people on the internet like it for some reason
    Memes.

I kinda feel the same way about Espurr, which is almost as forced. Speaking of, someone on Tumblr posted a link to its Know Your Meme post saying "nice job," as if it was somehow a dishonor that it became recognized as a meme. Sorry, is that too honest for you?

The usual links

If I weren't already MMing a shiny Fennekin, I'd be MMing a shiny Goomy. It just looks so out of place for a Dragon type I have to have it.

espurr is really stupid too. i hate any meme ized pokemon. if you like goomy or espurr or any stupid meme pokemon i automaticaly dont like you

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

You forgot that it evolves into the best dragon type in the game

The best pokemon this generation are the Honedge Line and Hawlucha. If you disagree,

well

okay ):

The usual links

Page 1300 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 300120012501290129612971298129913001301130213031304131013501400 ... LastLast