Page 923 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8238739139199209219229239249259269279339731023 ... LastLast
Results 23,051 to 23,075 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

  1. #23051
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fluster Cluck, NJ
    Posts
    8,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    Holy fajita
    heh

  2. #23052
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    edit: :< why eleventh? I've already received a strike from posting in here.
    WHYYY?
    You're just so naughty.

  3. #23053
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Yeah, I tend to spam apparently.

  4. #23054
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Saint Rows: The Third is only $10 on Amazon for the PC! Get it while you can for that low price.

  5. #23055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Saint Rows: The Third is only $10 on Amazon for the PC! Get it while you can for that low price.
    Being broke is the greatest thing.

    So apparently a historic movie theatre in my hometown caught on fire and pretty much gutted today. The interesting thing is that it has been closed for the past three months, and for about the past decade and a half it has been in a horrible state of disrepair, and pretty much broke. Conspiracy theories, ho!

    Edit;; Here, have a picture of it.
    Last edited by ArmorAndonomon; 17th November 2012 at 1:09 AM.

  6. #23056
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fluster Cluck, NJ
    Posts
    8,739

    Default

    How does something that hasn't been used in the last 3 months catch fire?

  7. #23057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    How does something that hasn't been used in the last 3 months catch fire?
    This is why conspiracy theories exist.
    Like I mentioned, over the past few years it was a pretty terrible theater to actually go to; everything was horribly outdated, including electricity, piping, seating, pretty much anything a functioning theater should have was pretty flawed. It was also kinda gross. Within a 25 minute drive of the theatre are about five or six very nice modern ones, so that kinda pushed it's viewers away and down to just broke teens who couldn't drive, so it went bankrupt. So, rumors are beginning to pop up that maybe it was set on purpose. We don't know yet, they're still clearing it out. The fire was apparently put out an hour or so ago, but the entire area is shut down because of heavy smoke. Within the next few days we should at least have a functioning theory as to what happened.
    It's fun, because I'm currently 1500 miles away from there and know more about it than a lot of people who live like five minutes from it. Fun stuff.

  8. #23058

    Default

    Was it historic just because it was old, or did something happen there?

  9. #23059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indifference View Post
    Was it historic just because it was old, or did something happen there?
    It was just old. 1931 or something like that. It was mostly just a local landmark, being one of the first movie theatres in the Cleveland area.

  10. #23060
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,594

    Default

    I love how people always have to slap on a conspiracy theory to anything out of the "ordinary". It's probably just faulty wiring. You said yourself the building was old and shoddy.



  11. #23061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    I love how people always have to slap on a conspiracy theory to anything out of the "ordinary". It's probably just faulty wiring. You said yourself the building was old and shoddy.
    Eh, odd circumstances make people jumpy. Especially when there's absolutely nothing else to do in the area but come up with conspiracy theories. That, and when an actual cause hasn't been found, that just adds onto it all.

    Anyways, the lobby is apparently just an empty shell now, there's a nice hole in the roof, and the rest of the building and the businesses next door have some pretty severe smoke damage. The interior doors were all closed, though, so aside from the smoke damage the three screening rooms are all intact and still as disgusting as ever, so if they ever find a buyer (protip: they won't), the building might still have some hope of being saved. Until then, there's going to be a nice boarded up building just chillin' there, instead of just a lonely, empty one. Yaaay.

  12. #23062
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    Being broke is the greatest thing.

    So apparently a historic movie theatre in my hometown caught on fire and pretty much gutted today. The interesting thing is that it has been closed for the past three months, and for about the past decade and a half it has been in a horrible state of disrepair, and pretty much broke. Conspiracy theories, ho!

    Edit;; Here, have a picture of it.
    What is up with Theaters being so dangerous to be around lately? >.>^

  13. #23063
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Libraries for me. Even more places to sit, even less incentive to socialize. But when you do, it's super cozy and there are literally thousands of interesting conversation-starters within arm's reach.
    Reflecting on this now, I have met a cool bean or two in the library in the last week alone. Very true!

  14. #23064
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    when you mess with us
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Reflecting on this now, I have met a cool bean or two in the library in the last week alone. Very true!
    There is a coffee shop in my library called "The Cool Bean".

    Just thought that was fairly interesting.

  15. #23065
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    There is a coffee shop in my library called "The Cool Bean".

    Just thought that was fairly interesting.
    The chances... This makes me feel illiterate.

  16. #23066
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    I have a library in my coffee shop called "The Cool Bean"

    Doesn't make as much sense as Un0va's scenario though

  17. #23067
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,244

    Default

    Well, this is awkward.

    All three of us can't have the same avatar. Someone is going to have to change theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    a combination of both is best but length is very important
    Safety first!

    pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

  18. #23068
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Hey, hey I used it first. I should have copyright on this

    Serebii where's my copyright

  19. #23069
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    I vote Rezzo. He totally just jumped on the bandwagon like the mainstream idiot he is

  20. #23070
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,244

    Default

    I can't change mine. It looks fantastic with my userbar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    a combination of both is best but length is very important
    Safety first!

    pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

  21. #23071
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    I can't change mine. It looks fantastic with my userbar.
    It sure does. But I refuse to withdraw.

  22. #23072
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,244

    Default

    *Stares at everyone*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    a combination of both is best but length is very important
    Safety first!

    pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

  23. #23073
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    *Holds glare*

  24. #23074
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Up and down and all around
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    I feel very tempted to change my avatar.

  25. #23075
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fluster Cluck, NJ
    Posts
    8,739

Page 923 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8238739139199209219229239249259269279339731023 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •