Page 928 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8288789189249259269279289299309319329389781028 ... LastLast
Results 23,176 to 23,200 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

I honestly don't hear it enough on the radios, and when I do, I miss half of it.
    It's on my iPod but my iPod doesn't like to work.. so I can't listen to it in my car anymore.
    I also don't really listen to iTunes for whatever reason when I'm at home.

Motherfluckin raspberries MMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    I honestly don't hear it enough on the radios, and when I do, I miss half of it.
    It's on my iPod but my iPod doesn't like to work.. so I can't listen to it in my car anymore.
    I also don't really listen to iTunes for whatever reason when I'm at home.
    Wow, sounds like a real #firstworldproblem. I need my music everyday ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
    Wow, sounds like a real #firstworldproblem. I need my music everyday ;_;
    It really is.
    It was my fault though.. I dropped it numerous times by accident and it just.. crapped out on me. Dx

It really is.
    It was my fault though.. I dropped it numerous times by accident and it just.. crapped out on me. Dx
    Ipods and Iphones are way too delicate D:.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
    Ipods and Iphones are way too delicate D:.
    xP Yeah.
    Although mine fell about 5 times onto the hard gravelly road. >.>

xP Yeah.
    Although mine fell about 5 times onto the hard gravelly road. >.>
    You've got some luck then! =D

Yeah, no kidding. D; My camera is broken too 'cause it fell too many times and the lens is all messed up now.

Also when I got my new phone a couple years ago, the first day I had it I dropped it walking into my school onto the road.. and the screen light flickered. Luckily they took it back and gave me a new one though lol.. I didn't tell them I dropped it. >.>

I remember dropping my Furby numerous times too and it stopped working..
    Jesus, I need to stop dropping things !

my mom once dropped a computer when it was newish an imac.
    she cracked the plastic outside the screen.
    it could be worse.

Yeah, no kidding. D; My camera is broken too 'cause it fell too many times and the lens is all messed up now.

Also when I got my new phone a couple years ago, the first day I had it I dropped it walking into my school onto the road.. and the screen light flickered. Luckily they took it back and gave me a new one though lol.. I didn't tell them I dropped it. >.>

I remember dropping my Furby numerous times too and it stopped working..
    Jesus, I need to stop dropping things !
    Oh my, I'm just as clumsy. Not quite dropping a Camera or phone lol. I'm amazed your phone still worked! Wear it like a badge of luck honor

Well, I pulled a real-nice one. While at Dinner before a school dance with my date, I dropped a knife off the table and it made a loud sound, lol. Nice one, Rayce.

Quote Originally Posted by indifference View Post
    my mom once dropped a computer when it was newish an imac.
    she cracked the plastic outside the screen.
    it could be worse.
    An entire Computer!? Dang, I guess I'm not the clumsiest then!

Yeesh. That would be awful.

I dropped my macbook air a few weeks after getting it but luckily nothing happened.

edit: lol that's a good idea. yeah, I have no clue how it stilll works. there are so many dents in it and I even threw it on the floor once when I was angry (it's a crappy phone that I don't like.. I don't even remember why I was mad lol). I think it was this phone that I did that to. Stupid, but meh.

Oh geeze lol. At least it didn't cut anybody :P
    Last edited by dinosaurus; 20th November 2012 at 4:01 AM.

You guys need some type of gloves that make it so you can't drop stuff, lol!

I'm clumsy too though. I mostly knock things off the sink, and bump my head though.

Yeesh. That would be awful.

I dropped my macbook air a few weeks after getting it but luckily nothing happened.

edit: lol that's a good idea. yeah, I have no clue how it stilll works. there are so many dents in it and I even threw it on the floor once when I was angry (it's a crappy phone that I don't like.. I don't even remember why I was mad lol). I think it was this phone that I did that to. Stupid, but meh.

Oh geeze lol. At least it didn't cut anybody :P
    Yeah, I know! If the glass went everywhere, that would be a mess. They need to coat the screens with that gloss that goes on windows that prevents them from shattering. Flying glass is a horror ;o

Eh, i've thrown my phone a few times, and I can't remember as well if I was angry at the phone or at something else.

I'm clumsy too though. I mostly knock things off the sink, and bump my head though.
    That'd be a great invention. Well, I first need to invent my non-tangle headphones =P

..you have a choice? Lol I had no clue >.> I thought they always did it with a gun.
    Yikes, it's dangerous? Don't think I want them to use a needle though.. aack more choices to contemplate now!
    Thanks. D:
    (I've always liked cartilage piercings near the top of the ear but I don't know if I'll ever have one)
    In my experience, the gun hurts more. And yeah, it's safer/better to use a needle.

@spookz what'cha got right now?
    Welp, right now I have my left eyebrow done. In my right ear I have an industrial/scaffolding and my conch, left ear I have my helix, and both ear lobes are stretched slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    In my experience, the gun hurts more. And yeah, it's safer/better to use a needle.
    Just popping in before bed to say Thiiiiis^

Please never get a piercing with a gun. It's horrible for your body and there are literally no benefits. Get it done by a professional with a needle.

I really do.. lol. Do those exist? :P
    Ugh the other day I smacked my head on something so many times I'm surprised I didn't get brain damage. I can't remember where it was or what I was doing but yeah, I hit my head numerous times lol. I hate that the worst though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayce
    Yeah, I know! If the glass went everywhere, that would be a mess. They need to coat the screens with that gloss that goes on windows that prevents them from shattering. Flying glass is a horror ;o
    Eh, i've thrown my phone a few times, and I can't remember as well if I was angry at the phone or at something else.
    That is scary.. I never thought about that! I always thought there was already something on there that helps at least somewhat prevent it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Welp, right now I have my left eyebrow done. In my right ear I have an industrial/scaffolding and my conch, left ear I have my helix, and both ear lobes are stretched slightly.
    o: thanks for the link, it was quite informative actually!
    Do they automatically use a needle in piercing/tattoo shops, do you know? I definitely planned on not going to a mall to get it done but my friends said to go to a piercing shop so I'm going to.
    I had to look up the conch and helix but now I get it. That's pretty cool. It looked really good in the pictures.

edit: Thanks PeskyPersian, I think I'll definitely get it done with a needle.. I wish they'd call it something else though. well I guess it is a needle.. jesus i hate needles.

I really do.. lol. Do those exist? :P
    I used to have a pair of gloves that had a potent grip to them. They were covered in these little rubber nubs that made it impossible to lose your grip on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    I used to have a pair of gloves that had a potent grip to them. They were covered in these little rubber nubs that made it impossible to lose your grip on anything.
    Like gardening gloves? What were they originally used for?

Like gardening gloves? What were they originally used for?
    This is the most peculiar thing of all. They were insulated wool gloves. Winter stuff.

Do they automatically use a needle in piercing/tattoo shops, do you know?
    I could be wrong but every specialty piercing shop here (that isn't in the mall like Claire's and whatnot) uses a needle, same with the tattoo/piercing parlors. I have one right down the street that I had my lobes/cartilage done at as well as the tattoo I have.

o: thanks for the link, it was quite informative actually!
    Do they automatically use a needle in piercing/tattoo shops, do you know? I definitely planned on not going to a mall to get it done but my friends said to go to a piercing shop so I'm going to.
    Yeah, a real piercer will only use a needle. And a professional will talk you through what they're doing and show you how sterile everything is. Guns are really only found at places like the mall, Claire's, etc. (ie. used by people who don't actually know jack about piercings).

Needles sound scary but if you think about it, it's way less scary than a gun. A needle is sharp and is made to move through the body smoothly, doing the least amount of damage possible. A gun rams a blunt piece of jewelry through your flesh. I've had plenty of piercings done wth needles (getting two more next month, actually) and I never thought they hurt. For me, it's like a split second and then just feels warm for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Just popping in before bed to say Thiiiiis^

Please never get a piercing with a gun. It's horrible for your body and there are literally no benefits. Get it done by a professional with a needle.
    the needle hurts just as bad, especially when they do it slowly...
    岩根雅明=♡

A gun rams a blunt piece of jewelry through your flesh.
    Not really, for me that it. My hollow starter earrings were just as sharp as the needles they use. Not to mention it's more expensive to get it done with a needle. The sanitation with guns is very valid though but simply asking the person to use a new gun and wear gloves should be enough.

That said, I don't know how malls near you guys are, but my local mall uses "one time use" guns. Of course you can get those at the Dollar Store but w/e. Personal preference I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    the needle hurts just as bad, especially when they do it slowly...
    A good piercer does not move slowly. And pain threshold is different for everyone. None of my piercings have ever hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Not really, for me that it. My hollow starter earrings were just as sharp as the needles they use. Not to mention it's more expensive to get it done with a needle. The sanitation with guns is very valid though but simply asking the person to use a new gun and wear gloves should be enough.

That said, I don't know how malls near you guys are, but my local mall uses "one time use" guns. Of course you can get those at the Dollar Store but w/e. Personal preference I guess.
    You're paying a bit more because you're having someone who has training on how to actually do it properly do it. The extra money is well worth it. Places that do mass-gun-piercings (Claire's, Walmart, etc.) generally aren't going to waste the money on using a new gun for each client. Their whole operation is based on doing mass amounts of cheap work and you ultimately get what you pay for. The people that use guns are not taught proper placement, are not taught to do piercings based on each individual's anatomy (they're taught a cookie-cutter method, which doesn't work for everyone or even the majority), and use a tool that causes much more trauma to the tissue and increased scarring once it's healed. They also generally give pretty shitty aftercare instructions too, usually including some kind of "piercing aftercare solution" which is basically snake oil (not literally). Not to mention the initial jewelry is always cheap and containing nickel, which greatly slows down healing times and which many people end up having allergic reactions to.

It's a personal choice, yes. I'd personally rather pay a bit extra and get better quality initial jewelry that is actually biocompatible, someone who actually knows what they're doing, and accurate aftercare instructions. Plus, the good piercers I've been to have always been really awesome and willing to have me come in and check on the progress of my healing if I have any concerns because they know what to look for. That's why I'm driving 45mins away to pay $100 for my next pair of piercings. They're the only place around here that have piercers that are members of the Association of Professional Piercers and I know they do good work. Yeah, I could go somewhere closer and spend $60 but they'd probably do a botched job and I'd rather not deal with that.
    Last edited by Pesky Persian; 20th November 2012 at 7:08 PM. Reason: omfg quote tags why do you hate me

A good piercer does not move slowly. And pain threshold is different for everyone. None of my piercings have ever hurt.

You're paying a bit more because you're having someone who has training on how to actually do it properly do it. The extra money is well worth it. Places that do mass-gun-piercings (Claire's, Walmart, etc.) generally aren't going to waste the money on using a new gun for each client. Their whole operation is based on doing mass amounts of cheap work and you ultimately get what you pay for. The people that use guns are not taught proper placement, are not taught to do piercings based on each individual's anatomy (they're taught a cookie-cutter method, which doesn't work for everyone or even the majority), and use a tool that causes much more trauma to the tissue and increased scarring once it's healed. They also generally give pretty shitty aftercare instructions too, usually including some kind of "piercing aftercare solution" which is basically snake oil (not literally). Not to mention the initial jewelry is always cheap and containing nickel, which greatly slows down healing times and which many people end up having allergic reactions to.

It's a personal choice, yes. I'd personally rather pay a bit extra and get better quality initial jewelry that is actually biocompatible, someone who actually knows what they're doing, and accurate aftercare instructions. Plus, the good piercers I've been to have always been really awesome and willing to have me come in and check on the progress of my healing if I have any concerns because they know what to look for. That's why I'm driving 45mins away to pay $100 for my next pair of piercings. They're the only place around here that have piercers that are members of the Association of Professional Piercers and I know they do good work. Yeah, I could go somewhere closer and spend $60 but they'd probably do a botched job and I'd rather not deal with that.
    Amen. I've had to have my nose pierced twice, because the first time the ring fell out in the Amazon and there was no way in hell I was getting re-pierced in a developing country, much as love Peru. Both times I researched the piercing places. Never had anything even close to an infection. The thing about facial piercings is that they become a part of your face, and you can't afford to mess that up.

Also nostril piercings hurt waaaaaay less than a shot. No clue why.
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

Page 928 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8288789189249259269279289299309319329389781028 ... LastLast