Page 987 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 88793797798398498598698798898999099199710371087 ... LastLast
Results 24,651 to 24,675 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    I can confirm that both soda and alcohol taste bad. Goooooooo chocolate milk
    Die

Die and burn in the enormous flames of hell

Unless you're talking about Coke and wine alone

I tried rum and coke once. It was alright, never had rum and Dr Pepper, may have to. Im not a big alcohol fan.

I either sip blackberry wine or tequila with Sprite. I'm not brave enough to drink a whole glass yet.

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    What did they do?
    Removed any reference to being gay in the song, which goes against the point and it's just hilarious. In an attempt to make it kid friendly they pissed off some gay people.

Quote Originally Posted by Locked In My Asylum View Post
    I either sip blackberry wine or tequila with Sprite. I'm not brave enough to drink a whole glass yet.
    I would never mix Tequila but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    A quick search shows that's it's only the preview on there, but considering they changed "sexy" to yet another "hey," I'll say it's safe to assume that they either translated it to English (except for "OPPAN GANGNAM STYLE,"), or it's just dem sick beats for the rest of it.

HERE'S THE PREVIEW YOU CRAZY KIDS.
    Oh and it seems that they say "oppa" instead of "oppan."
    And they DO sing it in Korean, it seems.
    Kidz Bop; When you think your favorite song is safe, they f*ck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullkid View Post
    At least I can sleep in peace knowing that at least it won't be worse than the Glee cover.

Nothing can be worse than the Glee cover.
    I'm actually listening to that in a few minutes for the shock factor.

"I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend."-John Green

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    Removed any reference to being gay in the song, which goes against the point and it's just hilarious. In an attempt to make it kid friendly they pissed off some gay people.
    Well, what do you expect from a group like that? Surely high hopes with something like that are a little insane.

Quote Originally Posted by VS View Post
    Kidz Bop; When you think your favorite song is safe, they f*ck it up.
    If that was your favorite song...

Not that I'm really one to judge at this point, but most of my friends who are hardcore Kpop nuts agree that that song did more harm than good and that there are better songs by that artist and in that area of "humorous."
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Well, what do you expect from a group like that? Surely high hopes with something like that are a little insane.

If that was your favorite song...

Not that I'm really one to judge at this point, but most of my friends who are hardcore Kpop nuts agree that that song did more harm than good and that there are better songs by that artist and in that area of "humorous."
    It's my favorite mostly because I've always loved PSY, and that made him famous....
    It's a huge tie.

"I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend."-John Green

So, Geek Squad gave me great customer service and showed me how to fix my computer all by myself for free.

WHO ARE THEY AND WHAT HAVE THEY DONE WITH THE REAL GEEK SQUAD?
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    I can confirm that both soda and alcohol taste bad. Goooooooo chocolate milk
    Depends on what you're drinking really. I don't like a lot of drinks, I'm finicky. Beer is a no go for me, and I have yet to find a wine I like either. But cider or rum? Yes please!

And I will agree that chocolate milk is badass. I drink it all the time, especially since I'm trying to cut back on soda.

ew speaking of disgusting taste I had a martini tonight.

I don't know if it's an acquired sort of thing but it was awful.
    It's butters. If you're going to drink a cocktail, Long Island Iced Tea. Absolute obliteration.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    Because you don't own me.
    YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BADGES TO TRAIN ME.

Yeah, I'm not fond of those myself.
    I only had one screwdriver tonight, I didn't feel the need to have more alcohol than that.
    I guess I'm not hardcore enough for SPPf.
    I just had an alcoholic ginger beer last night. Nice tasting, but any more than one is too sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Meh. I'm more of a rum and coke kind of person. Though Dr Pepper is better when I can get it. I hate that no bars ever have it.

ANYWAY. Happy New Years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Dr. Pepper and rum is the drink of the gods. <3
    Uh, guys, dr pepper (or coke) as a mixer? Too sweeeeeeeeeet.

If I drink spirits, I tend to lean towards vodka if I'm mixing and whiskey if I'm going straight. Vodka lemonade does the trick.

When I do drink though (which I can once again now, hooray), I tend to lean towards beer. Or Guinness. Cos everyone loves Guinness, yes. YES?????!?!?!?!?!

I wonder how Kidz Bop made enough money to even reach 23 editions anyway.

i have never seen a kid wanting kidz bop nor have i seen a kid own a kidz bop CD.
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG

ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post

i have never seen a kid wanting kidz bop nor have i seen a kid own a kidz bop CD.
    Maybe they're getting secret funding from some underground black market.
    Or they're robbing banks.
    Either way, it's not through sales.

ew speaking of disgusting taste I had a martini tonight.

I don't know if it's an acquired sort of thing but it was awful.
    I tried my friend's Cosmo one time and it was super good, and then I ended up ordering one at Boston Pizza and it tasted like Smirnoff.. it was awful. Was so disappoint.
    I keep ordering Martinis because they sound so delicious (got one for my bad at Olive Garden that was ROASTED MARSHMALLOW GOODNESS) and all I tasted was Khalua and vodka.. it was horrible. I added so much milk and barely drank any. Scratch that, I think it was actually the Bailey's and I don't think there was vodka in it.
    Martinis suck.
    Stop using Smirnoff because that's the grossest kind. That I've had anyway.

Also HEPPY NEW YURR
    Last edited by dinosaurus; 1st January 2013 at 11:34 PM.

Years ago, I asked for the first five CD's for Christmas, because I thought they contained the actual songs. Needless to say, I was disappointed.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Uh, guys, dr pepper (or coke) as a mixer? Too sweeeeeeeeeet.
    I like sweet drinks. So.. yeah.

When I do drink though (which I can once again now, hooray), I tend to lean towards beer. Or Guinness. Cos everyone loves Guinness, yes. YES?????!?!?!?!?!
    Now that I think about it, I've never had just straight up Guinness. But Irish Car Bombs are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    I wasn't expecting anything. It's still fun to call them out on how offensive it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    It's butters. If you're going to drink a cocktail, Long Island Iced Tea. Absolute obliteration.
    Don't those have a ridiculous amount of empty calories?

I actually only like sweet drinks. I dont like beer and most kinds of wine I've tried I dont really like. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    I actually only like sweet drinks. I dont like beer and most kinds of wine I've tried I dont really like. Oh well.
    I haven't had, but I'm in the same boat as you and was told that Sparkling Wine is very good. I've added sprite to a blush wine and it was really tasty. You don't get that gross, bitterish "wine taste" as I call it.. you just get the yummy sweetness of it.

Martinis are the best classic cocktail (vodka in particular). If you disagree, you either don't actually like cocktails or you prefer whiskey bases, either of which is all right, but be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    I keep ordering Martinis because they sound so delicious (got one for my bad at Olive Garden that was ROASTED MARSHMALLOW GOODNESS) and all I tasted was Khalua and vodka.. it was horrible. I added so much milk and barely drank any. Scratch that, I think it was actually the Bailey's and I don't think there was vodka in it.
    What the hell were you drinking? It wasn't a martini.

Unless it was a generic vodka-based coffee-liquer drink they just poured into a martini glass and called a martini, because that seems to be something that's caught on recently. But it has nothing in common with the real drink except a vodka base (sometimes) and the glass.

A martini is gin or vodka with a dash of vermouth and olive garnish. A dirty martini includes a small amount of olive juice. How "dry" it is refers to the amount of vermouth, the less the dryer. You can add other garnishes, some of which have their own canonized names.

Also, they taste great.

Stop using Smirnoff because that's the grossest kind. That I've had anyway.
    It's not great but whaaaaaat even you have never had terrible vodka god bless you.

I would never mix Tequila but that's just me.
    Tequila doesn't get enough cocktail love. Most magaritas even go out of their way to bury it. It goes fine with pretty much any kind of sweet juice, or just something to provide a little sugar and a squirt of lime if the tequila is good enough to sip.

Try a sunrise if you want an impossible-to-screw-up tequila drink that isn't a margarita, by the way, even though it isn't really about the tequila at all.
    Last edited by Cipher; 2nd January 2013 at 2:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post

Try schnapps. I'm in the same boat as you in regards to alcoholic taste, and this past holiday I was drinking Peppermint schnapps straight. Really sweet and barely any alcoholic taste, at least to me.

I've never tried baileys or kahlua, but I've really been wanting to try some.

[bleep]

@Cipher that's what the restaurants called it so that's what I thought it was. Oops.
    A real martini sounds horrible.

I've only really had Smirnoff and TAG vodka, which is a bit cheaper and much less flavourful which is why I enjoy it. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't much enjoy the taste of peroxide.

Edit:
    @Ichi I've only had Khalua in a Paralyzer (which are pretty good btw) and some coffee liquer-based drink I tried recently, but from what I've had it in, it's good. If you've never tried a paralyzer, I'd suggest that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Tequila doesn't get enough cocktail love. Most magaritas even go out of their way to bury it. It goes fine with pretty much any kind of sweet juice, or just something to provide a little sugar and a squirt of lime if the tequila is good enough to sip.

Try a sunrise if you want an impossible-to-screw-up tequila drink that isn't a margarita, by the way, even though it isn't really about the tequila at all.
    I can't believe I forgot about all the times I had margaritas while in Mexico oops. Tequila is my favorite (I'm an ******* who likes to have people takes shots of it when me when the night has just started) so I think I'll try a sunrise. I don't drink often though nor have I really tried many cocktails though.

soooo much alcohol in this thread.

anyway how was everyones new years? i saw the world strongest man be....well....strong.

I bought myself this fairly nice pair of Sennheiser headphones.

I never noticed how bad my music sounded at bitrates below 160...
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I suspect it's the soccer moms who buy that garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    I suspect it's the soccer moms who buy that garbage.
    And distant relatives/grandparents that dont know what to get your preteen and younger self for your birthday/christmas so they go to walmart and go "hey this has that song by gandam style!" and think it'll be your favorite gift

[bleep]

Page 987 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 88793797798398498598698798898999099199710371087 ... LastLast