Page 1033 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 339339831023102910301031103210331034103510361037104310831133 ... LastLast
Results 25,801 to 25,825 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

I haven't actually played a Pokemon game in a while. Last game I bought was Diamond and I didn't finish it. Come to think of it, I never finished Emerald or Ruby either.

In other news, I upgraded to the 21st century and bought a flat screen TV (and some other things). Been streaming Netflix and sitting on my couch ever since. I am not going to get anything done now.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    *shrugs* i didnt know people were supposed to say things, i just thought it was a place to vent.
    i dunno, i feel like a thread titled "general chat thread" would be a better place for that
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    i dunno, i feel like a thread titled "general chat thread" would be a better place for that
    Yup, its a shame we all have to post in the "i continue to **** up and embarrass myself in this pitiful **** life i've been given." thread now.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    Yup, its a shame we all have to post in the "i continue to **** up and embarrass myself in this pitiful **** life i've been given." thread now.
    absolutely horrid, imho
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

You know, yesterday I kind of realized why I don't exactly like the speculation threads here. Everytime more information is revealed concerning the new games, just about everyone starts going nuts over the vaguest of details. The most innocuous statements, pictures, and what have you are either overanalyzed extensively or meant to be taken at face value.

For example, withing the first statements concerning X and Y, the creators had said that the new games would boot the number of Pokemon to over 700. While one could reasonably assume that the number of new Pokemon this generation would probably be around 100-150 like in the other ones, a few people jumped to the conclusion that the new Pokemon might hover around 50. This is without any evidence aside from a vague statement that likely isn't supposed to mean anything at all.

Hell, back in the day, this happened in the Brawl speculation forum all the time. Granted, Sakurai's English comments over whatever was revealed on the Dojo were sometimes very cryptic, but probably the most overanalyzed statement(s) were "Could his power surpass even Ness" and "up until now", which convinced damn near everyone that Ness wasn't going to be in the games.

People just need to chill the fuck out and stop reading too deep into context that isn't there.
    THE
    END...?

i want to get some hot wings and beer.

I always want those things.
    THE
    END...?

you know why i hate speculation threads? because i get to clean up the mess of morons yelling at other morons

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

also you should click this for meee

DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT NAME CHANGES OUTSIDE OF THE DESIGNATED THREAD/TIMES. I WON'T ANSWER.

Quote Originally Posted by Krake View Post
    You know, yesterday I kind of realized why I don't exactly like the speculation threads here. Everytime more information is revealed concerning the new games, just about everyone starts going nuts over the vaguest of details. The most innocuous statements, pictures, and what have you are either overanalyzed extensively or meant to be taken at face value.

People just need to chill the fuck out and stop reading too deep into context that isn't there.
    This applies to every fandom ever.

Darn good point. Which is why I wait until more info is out. While I like to read what people are speculating about each upcoming generation, I prefer being kept at the edge of my seat for new information to leak.

In other irrelevant news, I'm wishing I had something worthy to snack on. But everything looks too bland or boring right now.

Guys.

Will Pokemon X and Y be the LAST GENERATION?

It's THE END OF THE ALPHABET AND I CAN'T THINK OF ANY MORE IMAGINARY ANIMALS EXCEPT RAINBOWLION AND THUNDERFISH.

EDIT--

ALSO FORCEPIG, BUT FUCK.

it may be so

lest it goes on for a couple more generations, then well, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    THUNDERFISH
    Lanturn
    FORCEPIG
    Grumpig

ohohoho

I remember writing this,
    When Bob ran out of the bathroom, he was in shock on what he's just seeing. He grabbed his heart very tight, breathing in and out anxiously.

"Wh.... WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CAGE!?"

"Sssssssss......... ssssssssss......."

He froze as he heard the faint whispers of hisses below him. He tilted his head down with the feeling of being afraid as he glanced at the tamed snake with his elongated wiggling extension of a tongue.

He leaped and pierced through Bob's hand. Bob's face is in awe, with his mouth agape as blood quickly seeps out very fast, fast as a water current. The snake forcibly pushed all of his digestive acids and all of his food into his large mouth. Bob's eyes shrunk to a grain of sand as the troubled snake prepared to blast his chunky, acidic, disturbing blast.

Bob's face was shot by it with such great force as he slipped from the water and fell down, unable to get up as he struggled to get on his feet.

Later, as Derek returns from Six Flags, he quickly ran to Bob's house. He banged the door hard, then he noticed that the door is already opened, slamming the wall of his living room.

"AAAAGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" "shatter" from a piece of glass.

Derek heard Bob's voice as he knew that the snake might have done something to him. He quickly hustled up to his room, then he cannot believe on what he just saw. The snake's head concealed Bob's whole head while he coiled his whole body, as blood quickly ran from his neck with blood and barf splattered across the room, while Derek saw the shattered glass cage.
    Last edited by Quilava42; 11th January 2013 at 12:10 PM.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Helps if you stay in the same tense the whole time. Switching between past and present is a bit distracting. How long ago did you write that?
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Helps if you stay in the same tense the whole time. Switching between past and present is a bit distracting. How long ago did you write that?
    A year back.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    This applies to every fandom ever.
    That's true. I guess the one thing that I keep hearing all the time, particularly on Reddit, is that they don't want the Fire Starter to be Fire/Fighting again, which I guess is a pretty valid concern, although I really don't think GameFreak is going to be that stupid to do the same thing for a fourth time.

Oddly enough, there isn't really that much ripping on the new Pokemon as last time, when there were only 7 Pokemon revealed ad everyone was talking about how the new generation was going to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnah_23 View Post
    Darn good point. Which is why I wait until more info is out. While I like to read what people are speculating about each upcoming generation, I prefer being kept at the edge of my seat for new information to leak.
    That's probably going to be how I take this generation. Although if I get to study abroad, I won't be able to play it until I get back, which would be 2 months after the games come out everywhere.

In other irrelevant news, I'm wishing I had something worthy to snack on. But everything looks too bland or boring right now.
    As do I. I do have some Cheetos in my dorm, but I'm not sure if they are going to be stale at this point.

Guys.

It's THE END OF THE ALPHABET AND I CAN'T THINK OF ANY MORE IMAGINARY ANIMALS EXCEPT RAINBOWLION AND THUNDERFISH.

EDIT--

ALSO FORCEPIG, BUT FUCK.
    X and Y are the last letters of the alphabet, which correspond to 24 and 25. Add those up and you get 49, which is 24 1/2 when divided in half. Multiply that by 3 for the reference to angles and you get...

My God, there are only going to be 73 1/2 Pokemon this generation!
    THE
    END...?

wow, im supprised that kirby hasnt changed the name again XD
    Live long and prosper

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Guys.

EDIT--

ALSO FORCEPIG, BUT FUCK.
    As long as there's still money to be made, they'll keep making those games.

(Also, Rickroll? You couldn't think of something that would offend me more?)
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue
    The usual links

X and Y are the last letters of the alphabet, which correspond to 24 and 25. Add those up and you get 49, which is 24 1/2 when divided in half. Multiply that by 3 for the reference to angles and you get...

That's still one too many. For me to remember, anyway.
    [img]http://i37.*******.com/kaqkj7.jpg[/img]
    Nostalgic banner made by Team Brushfire (probably not even an active member anymore)
    Last.fm

I heard that there was a new Pokemon generation. How long until I read some reasonable opinions about it?

In other news, I finally got my first paying job today which includes greeting rich people and celebrities. All of those days of searching have finally paid off.

exsplo
    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I think theirs gonna be some seriously twisted stuff in pokemon X and Y.

They've already set the perimeters of ideals through the concepts of certain pokemon. Time,space, alternate dimensions, alternate universes,voids, genetic manipulation, omni-present beings,telepathy, time travel, aliens... All have already been imbued into certain pokemon and the underlining themes of the environments in which these pokemon create can be seen as rather extraordinary.

Though with all these things present, theirs very little they can do to further extend the "perameters" of the themes of pokemon.

The only thing left in pokemon now.. Is to further whats in the inside.. Further develop and or upgrade the quality of the internal workings of pokemon itself.
    Weather it be graphics and other things that slightly improve the game, which they are doing because of the larger amount of data being able to be stored on the ds.
    They might make an immortal pokemon born from an accident or whatever. Though the external perimeters, the.. Concepts that define pokemon and its inner workings are
    some what.. at their limit..

Theirs very little that could possible improve the underlining themes of the game.. Because how does one improve upon an omni present being ( arceus ), an alien, a time traveling pokemon (celebi), inter-dimension beings ( palkia and dialga), pokemons even gone as fare as to question the very origin of pokemon itself through the creation of zekrom and reshiram ( ying and yang ).
    Theirs very little they can do now except further develop the internal workings of the game...
    Theirs gonna be some seriously twisted pokemon that come outa this generation

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I heard that there was a new Pokemon generation. How long until I read some reasonable opinions about it?
    When we get a reasonable amount of information on it. Even then it depends on one's definition of reasonable, I don't find most pokemon fans thoughts on the games to be all that interesting. Personally I think it's a little too soon to have an decent opinion on the games.

And congratulations on the job.

Best Signature Ever!

I don't think most of them will have a "reasonable" opinion. This is the Pokemon fandom we're talking about.

That said, it'll be hard for me, especially with no job, to justify spending $40 on a game that, when you strip away the frills, I've been playing in some form or another for fifteen years. I don't get that much satisfaction from beating a Pokemon game anymore, because I've done it so many times already. What new revelations am I likely to glean from doing it again?

Then again, Black and White had somewhat different ending sequences from the rest of the game.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue
    The usual links

I like the new thread title, cars are nice. Does anyone have a dream car? I'd love a '69 Charger. Mmmm they're beautiful.
    I'd also love a Mini Cooper, they're such nice little cars.

And if you take 73 1/2 and pull all the numbers apart, you're left with 7, 3, 1, and 2. If you add 1 and 2 together, you get 3. And if you take 7 in half, you have 4 and 3 left over. Then if you take a 1 out of the 4, you get 3 and 1. Throw away the one completely and you have three 3's left.
    Half Life 3 confirmed.

Page 1033 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 339339831023102910301031103210331034103510361037104310831133 ... LastLast