Page 11 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611111011 ... LastLast

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nidoking~ View Post
    I just find it easier to borrow books from mates in the year above who have done the course :P
    That's college tho for us in america at least.

In grade school, the school itself provides us with textbooks.

True. I frigging hate chemistry :/.

It, Biology, Physics, Psychology and the history of Medical Science are the main parts of my course. I only really enjoy Physics, Psychology and the history behind MS.

True. I frigging hate chemistry :/.

It, Biology, Physics, Psychology and the history of Medical Science are the main parts of my course. I only really enjoy Physics, Psychology and the history behind MS.
    Lol i'm sitting here typing this waiting for my chem class to begin!

Don't worry i gotta take a lotta physics later on though...psych will be an elective at some point in time. History classes will otherwise eat up the credits i need for electives.

I don't intend to take bio or med science tho...not rly trying to be a doctor tbh.

Medical science is the course I am on at the moment. I wish I had took Psychology and Sociolgy as a course. May consider it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dewhinifier View Post
    That's college tho for us in america at least.

In grade school, the school itself provides us with textbooks.
    My daughter hit on a huge money saver! She bought a Kindle, and is renting the eBooks at a fraction of the cost. Her Psych book was $250 (robbery IYAM) so her $135 Kindle and (IIRC) $75 rental she saved money and will continue to do so as long as she can get her books from Amazon this way! She is a smarty!

So true!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nidoking~
    Medical science is the course I am on at the moment. I wish I had took Psychology and Sociolgy as a course. May consider it next year.
    Just wondering, but how can you be in medical school but also be pursuing English and have the option of dropping medical science for sociology? That makes absolutely no sense to me for two reasons. First, medical science and arts (i.e., English and sociology) are two completely different degrees. And second, why would you even want to drop medical science for sociology in the first place? That's so stupid; you've basically killed your career right there.

Here, if you're doing a vanilla medical degree, the universities/colleges won't allow you to pursue units in other disciplines since the medical degree is already intensive enough as is. Unless you're doing a double degree, of course, but you've not once indicated that you are.

Either you're lying or the UK uni/college system is fucking warped. Or both.
    Last edited by facetious; 14th October 2011 at 1:46 PM.

The course I am studying is only for one year and English is a part of it (Don't ask me why, same with maths.) The college I am at will only offer Psychology and Sociology as two different courses if you have higher then a B (GCSE) in Sciences, which I will obtain from this course.

Or maybe he is considering a change of Major? Medical School is a lot of time and years before a decent wage can be earned. Don't be so quick to pass judgement Face.

...Or what he said! *blush*

So true!

Quote Originally Posted by Malanu View Post
    My daughter hit on a huge money saver! She bought a Kindle, and is renting the eBooks at a fraction of the cost. Her Psych book was $250 (robbery IYAM) so her $135 Kindle and (IIRC) $75 rental she saved money and will continue to do so as long as she can get her books from Amazon this way! She is a smarty!
    My nook color, which i'm usually on at school like i am atm, can't get any of my school books...

Or maybe he is considering a change of Major? Medical School is a lot of time and years before a decent wage can be earned. Don't be so quick to pass judgement Face.
    You can't change a medical major to an arts major unless you change degrees, moron.

I've always doubted ~Nidoking~ was in college purely on the basis of his atrocious spelling and grammar, but the fact that he continuously contradicts himself in every post he makes about his college life is rather interesting too.

But I suppose it's understandable that he'll talk himself up here, just because he thinks he can get away with it on the Internet.

I didn't ask for your opinion anyway so kindly go fuck yourself with a razor dildo plz.
    Last edited by facetious; 14th October 2011 at 2:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nidoking~
    The course I am studying is only for one year and English is a part of it (Don't ask me why, same with maths.) The college I am at will only offer Psychology and Sociology as two different courses if you have higher then a B (GCSE) in Sciences, which I will obtain from this course.
    Ah, I see. So you're doing a Diploma? Or what?

The UK university system clearly eludes me.

Quote Originally Posted by facetious View Post
    You can't change a medical major to an arts major unless you change degrees, moron.

I've always doubted ~Nidoking~ was in college purely on the basis of his atrocious spelling and grammar, but the fact that he continuously contradicts himself in every post he makes about his college life is rather interesting too.

But I suppose it's understandable that he'll talk himself up here, just because he thinks he can get away with it on the Internet.
    I know you think you understand what you thought I said, However what you failed to realize is what I said is not exactly what I meant. So, Thank you for that unnecessary correction, Captain Obvious!

Quote Originally Posted by Amateur
    I didn't ask for your opinion anyway so kindly go **** yourself with a razor dildo plz.
    Last edited by Malanu; 14th October 2011 at 2:16 PM.

So true!

I'm studying a BTEC in Medical Science, which is the same as 4 GCSEs at grade A*-C, which will give me a total of 13 C Grades, letting me study the course I want to, (as 10 Cs were the minimum, and I got a D in english (yeah, I know.)) And they suggested I take a btec as its all based on class work making it easier for me.

I'm studying a BTEC in Medical Science, which is the same as 4 GCSEs at grade A*-C, which will give me a total of 13 C Grades, letting me study the course I want to
    Even for someone who lives in the UK and understands the education system to a certain degree, I'm completely lost here. Why on earth are you doing a course that's equivalent to 4 GCSE's, after you've done your GCSE's?
    Running for the thrill of it

As I said, I wanted to take a science course, and thats the one I was told to do.

It's a simple concept, he wants to take this class. He (and his school's administration) doesn't need the members of an internet forum to approve his choice. *eyeroll*
    Last edited by Malanu; 14th October 2011 at 5:41 PM.

So true!

@ Jenny: Hmm, Odd.

@Huckster: That sucks dude.
    It'd be worse if everything on that phone wasn't recoverable (and if reporting it stolen didn't effectively turn it into a brick)

but it's still about to be a super unnecessary hassle.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by facetious View Post
    I didn't ask for your opinion anyway so kindly go fuck yourself with a razor dildo plz.
    How original.

That's a bummer Dew! Did you surf around a bit? Where there's a PDF there is a way! My daughter's book was right on the Amazon webpage.

So true!

I'm studying a BTEC in Medical Science, which is the same as 4 GCSEs at grade A*-C, which will give me a total of 13 C Grades, letting me study the course I want to, (as 10 Cs were the minimum, and I got a D in english (yeah, I know.)) And they suggested I take a btec as its all based on class work making it easier for me.
    This is one of the most confusing things I've ever read.
    I cannot into UK Higher Education System.
    Could someone dumb it down, please? I'm actually quite curious, but I'm dumb as a stump.

Basically, GCSEs are what you leave School with, not sure what the american comterpart is, and I finished with Nine C grades (Passes) and One D (Nearly a pass, not quite, but not awful) and the course I am taking is worth 4 A-C grades on top of what I already have. If I pass it fully, I get 4 more GCSES grades, which means I can then go to college for another two years and study something else.

That's a bummer Dew! Did you surf around a bit? Where there's a PDF there is a way! My daughter's book was right on the Amazon webpage.
    Lucky her. I still don't have any of my textbooks cuz of it...

Quote Originally Posted by kochoupink View Post

As for this thread, people who can't understand books shouldn't read them.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian Spring.
    Beware children and heed Uncle Lutz, lest these devious feminists obliterate you:

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    There are a few feminists out there with such a extreme view in terms of wiping out men that it matches the Nazi's movement of seeing a lower class and or being utterly genocidal.

Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    Could someone dumb it down, please? I'm actually quite curious, but I'm dumb as a stump.
    At the age of 16, you take exams in all your subjects (around 10-12 usually). These are GCSE's. You get grades, great.
    After your GCSE's, you have a few choices. One of these is that you can take A-Levels, but unlike GCSE's, these aren't compulsory. This is when you take 3/4 subjects at a higher level. After two years (at the age of 18) you take exams in these. You get grades, whoopie-doo.
    Then, after your A-Levels, you can go to Uni. Et voila!

That's one route through the English education system, however Samp has taken a different route in that he went to College after his GCSE's. I have no clue about colleges- so that's the extent of my knowledge.
    Running for the thrill of it

Do English Unis make you take classes you don't need?

Page 11 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611111011 ... LastLast