Page 1332 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 332123212821322132813291330133113321333133413351336134213821432 ... LastLast
Results 33,276 to 33,300 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

If you're going to try to rule over me then you can't have my spot. How rude.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Well, not entirely untrue. Yes we do believe that only so many will go to heaven, 144000. Jehovah's Witnesses have over 7 million members at the current time. They would not have enough spots for the entire current organization, let alone those who have already died in the past. We believe that the vast majority will live on earth after god restores it to what he gave the first humans. Life forever on earth without sickness, war, famine, crime etc.
    Now about the few that will go to heaven. They will assist god in ruling over humans. But there still must be humans on earth for them to rule over.
    I hope this isn't rude, but why would humans need ruling over if there were no war or crime? Would it be their job to make sure there isn't any of the things you mentioned?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

Well, not entirely untrue. Yes we do believe that only so many will go to heaven, 144000. Jehovah's Witnesses have over 7 million members at the current time. They would not have enough spots for the entire current organization, let alone those who have already died in the past. We believe that the vast majority will live on earth after god restores it to what he gave the first humans. Life forever on earth without sickness, war, famine, crime etc.
    Now about the few that will go to heaven. They will assist god in ruling over humans. But there still must be humans on earth for them to rule over.
    Wait so is there no sickness, war, crime, etc BECAUSE we are being ruled over or does God just want to feel top dog?
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    Would it be their job to make sure there isn't any of the things you mentioned?
    Yeah, sorry X_X
    That didn't come out right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by IAintObeezy View Post
    Wait so is there no sickness, war, crime, etc BECAUSE we are being ruled over
    yes, sorry for the confusion.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

if you got dressed up for Halloween then you've cosplayed before

woah

Yeah, sorry X_X
    That didn't come out right the first time.
    Again, sorry for being rude, but how did your religion determine how many people would get into heaven?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

Again, sorry for being rude, but how did your religion determine how many people would get into heaven?
    How is that being rude?
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Quote Originally Posted by IAintObeezy View Post
    How is that being rude?
    I had a brain fart, I should have typed "Sorry if this is rude"

Here is an article the goes a bit in depth.
    But in a nutshell its this verse:
    Revelation 14:3
    And they are singing what seems to be a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders, and no one was able to master that song except the 144,000, who have been bought from the earth.

And no its not rude, I don't mind answering questions on this subject.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

i'm just gonna buy my spot in heaven and save myself the trouble
    life is
    a game

Looks like I still have a couple of years left to make the switch. I'm in no rush.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    Spoken like a true Catholic. Well, okay, spoken more like a true smartass, but that is kind of what indulgences were all about.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Simony! How terrible!

well technically it isn't I guess I just wanted to throw out the word while we're on religious discussion. Also thanks for elaborating Ansem I love learning about religions and the like so I appreciate it.

The church stopped doing that, officially about 100 years ago or so. Besides, all you have to do now is be a good person.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

it was an ~ironic~ comment, i don't believe in an afterlife
    life is
    a game

That depends actually. One of the larger questions in the Protestant Reformation period was whether or not being a good person was enough to get into heaven or not. Depending on your religion, being a good person in conjunction to being baptized or whatever the hell other sacraments there are. All depends on the doctrine you follow, although I think modern Christianity as a concept does revolve around "being a good person". :P

it was an ~ironic~ comment, i don't believe in an afterlife
    Just curious, as I seem to go back and forth on it. But don't you feel a little bit of fear that at any moment, everything you are, every part of your being, every thought, would just suddenly vanish. You are no more, no more thoughts, no more nothing, just a mere void. Is that not frightening? I know it frightens me.

It sometimes frightens me, but then I'm like ehhh, whatever, and then I get over it. Nothing you can do about it. I don't want to dedicate my life to figuring out how to get to the "afterlife" and forget to live in the present. *shrugs*
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

I don't believe in any of it. :/

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 9 TP

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Just curious, as I seem to go back and forth on it. But don't you feel a little bit of fear that at any moment, everything you are, every part of your being, every thought, would just suddenly vanish. You are no more, no more thoughts, no more nothing, just a mere void. Is that not frightening? I know it frightens me.
    not really. i don't want to die or anything but it's an inevitability i can deal with, feels good man. this is why i like to go traveling
    life is
    a game

@Ansem: Yes, thank you for offering some helpful information about the Jehovah's Witnesses. And I apologize if my earlier post made you feel bad. I've respect for you as an individual too, but not the organization you happen to be a part of.

Not for me. Even if I cease to exist, others will continue. And maybe before I die I'll have the chance to change a tiny little something in the world that makes it better for everyone who comes after. That effect will last even if I don't.

Also, we can't know what happens after death. Even with the considerable reasons we have to think it really is precisely nothing, I'm still curious. In my less hardcore neuronerd moments, I tend to think of death as the last great mystery.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

We were nothing for forever before we were born. I don't feel too worried about being nothing for forever again. It's pretty comforting to acknowledge and be at ease with the uncertainty of it all. Although, I still think it's incredibly valuable to strive to learn and understand everything around us.

It's an interesting balance. I don't give it as much thought as I ought to.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    That depends actually. One of the larger questions in the Protestant Reformation period was whether or not being a good person was enough to get into heaven or not. Depending on your religion, being a good person in conjunction to being baptized or whatever the hell other sacraments there are. All depends on the doctrine you follow, although I think modern Christianity as a concept does revolve around "being a good person". :P
    No, the current Pope said that even atheist can get into heaven, as long as they are good people.

@BigLutz: Why do you think fear of death, and fear of dying alone are such common fears? People want to leave a legacy, which is what kids are.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    No, the current Pope said that even atheist can get into heaven, as long as they are good people.
    Except that the pope is the head of Catholicism and isn't the head of Protestant movements, which was my point =P.

atheists don't care about heaven because they don't believe in a heaven so it's not really a thing
    life is
    a game

Page 1332 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 332123212821322132813291330133113321333133413351336134213821432 ... LastLast