Page 583 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 483533573579580581582583584585586587593633683 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,575 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Woo Torchlight II preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Does anyone here have, or has used a Nook Tablet? I have extra financial aid leftover and I'm thinking about getting one.
    Depends what you want to use it for. If you want to use it solely for reading, just get the black-and-white one. That one sucks at everything else, though, so if you want to do anything else get the color one. It has a pretty limited app library, but you can root it (I think that was what it was? Jailbreak it, basically ) so that it plays any Android app instead of just the ones on the nook store.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    That's true, they were extremely sexcellent bands. last.fm just doesn't know what the **** it is talking about.
    Basically. Hell, pretty hard not to be with your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by palingensia View Post
    p much

speaking of music grizzly doesn't like, new tesseract and havok eps today!
    Man, if only my internets moved faster. (Speaking of, I still only have a hard copy of one 2012 album and will probably only have one other by years' end unless I find better record shops/order more **** off the internets.)
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

that's one more hard copy of albums than i have, although i am tempted to grab a couple of the amazing albums from this year. that does involve ordering online because i am 100% sure nz's shitty music scene doesn't have any of the underground hipster music i'm liking from this year which means it's going to be hella expensive probably. :\

that's one more hard copy of albums than i have, although i am tempted to grab a couple of the amazing albums from this year. that does involve ordering online because i am 100% sure nz's shitty music scene doesn't have any of the underground hipster music i'm liking from this year which means it's going to be hella expensive probably. :\
    It's pretty much by SHEER CHANCE that the only thing I have was actually carried by a mainstream outlet.

Too bad it's not that great overall.

The usual links

i think the only good 2012 album i might be able to find in a cd store here is new anathema, but i still really doubt that.

Going to Hersheypark tomorrow

I better go on the Stormrunner this time or I will be very disappointed with myself

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Going to Hersheypark tomorrow

I better go on the Stormrunner this time or I will be very disappointed with myself
    Do it. Do it for the children.

That reminds me, I haven't been to Hershey Park in a while. The most recent park I was at was (lol) K'noebells. (Or however you spell it.)
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malanu View Post
    I wasn't to happy with my Nook. Connectivity trouble, and I was never able to get the promised "Android Apps" A good old fashion (Black & white) Kindle is a good investment IF you only want a book reader. It's smaller, lighter, downloading books is easy and dang near instantaneous!

Downside of a Kindle though is the screen is more fragile than a Nooks', Plus side, My daughter had a new Kindle 4 days after calling it in. She had it BEFORE having to send back the damaged one. Good service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Woo Torchlight II preorder.

Depends what you want to use it for. If you want to use it solely for reading, just get the black-and-white one. That one sucks at everything else, though, so if you want to do anything else get the color one. It has a pretty limited app library, but you can root it (I think that was what it was? Jailbreak it, basically ) so that it plays any Android app instead of just the ones on the nook store.
    I see, thanks for the responses. I would just picked up the Fire but my school store doesn't sell it. Maybe i'll just wait for my refund check.

Oh one more thing. Kindle (black n white) real good on power consumption 2-3 weeks one a full charge with wireless off. The fire according to a co worker with one, not so good. It's all the stuff running in the background that drains the power.

So true!

gonna eat In-N-Out Burger later today.

just wait till I get that hot, juicy double double in my hands. I'll bite into it, with the fresh vegetables and juicy meat and cheese, topped with thousand island spread bursting into my mouth in an amazing array of flavor. and then I'll dig into some animal fries, crispy and hot, topped with more cheese and grilled onion and even more thousand island spread. and I'll eat all of it. and then I'll feel fat but great at the same time. mmmmmmm IN-N-OUT BURGER I LOVE YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal View Post

just wait till I get that hot, juicy double double in my hands. I'll bite into it, with the fresh vegetables and juicy meat and cheese, topped with thousand island spread bursting into my mouth in an amazing array of flavor. and then I'll dig into some animal fries, crispy and hot, topped with more cheese and grilled onion and even more thousand island spread. and I'll eat all of it. and then I'll feel fat but great at the same time. mmmmmmm IN-N-OUT BURGER I LOVE YOU.
    Five guys is better.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Ah, It's a shame that I live on the other side of the country. Otherwise I might stuff myself silly with this fabled food from Cali.
    Currently going through the 5 main regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    -ARE SKYLA, ELESA, and CYNTHIA STILL YOUNG AND SEXY??!

Quote Originally Posted by h8on-me View Post
    Five guys is better.
    have you ever had In-N-Out before?

Quote Originally Posted by Malanu View Post
    Oh one more thing. Kindle (black n white) real good on power consumption 2-3 weeks one a full charge with wireless off. The fire according to a co worker with one, not so good. It's all the stuff running in the background that drains the power.
    All things considered, the Fire isn't too bad on battery life. My mom and boyfriend both use theirs all day sometimes and charging it over night is good enough to keep it going for a day or two. Not bad for everything running in the background. I just got a Fire yesterday (birthday gift from my boyfriend) and I like it a lot so far. Everyone I know who has them loves them. The only people I've seen with major complaints are people who want to treat it like a tablet when its main purpose is being an eReader.

have you ever had In-N-Out before?
    I've had both.

5 guys is better. but not by much.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by h8on-me View Post
    I've had both.

5 guys is better. but not by much.
    If I could eat one of them every day though and never get fat, it would be In-N-Out. Five Guys would lose its appeal faster to me, but it's still great. Luckily I have both nearby now.

If I could eat one of them every day though and never get fat, it would be In-N-Out. Five Guys would lose its appeal faster to me, but it's still great. Luckily I have both nearby now.
    You are lucky. I don't have either nearby but the closest one to me is 5 guys and I'd have to travel quite a ways just to get to In-N-Out. I guess its my lack of eating In-N-Out that makes me not quite as into it as i once was such a long time ago.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Does anyone here have, or has used a Nook Tablet? I have extra financial aid leftover and I'm thinking about getting one.
    Get a Kindle Fire instead. I was debating getting a Kindle or Nook, I got a Kindle, and I love it. It has a wider selection of apps, the battery life isn't horrible (if I had to estimate, maybe like 32 hours), picture quality is amazing, and books look really good.

i think the only good 2012 album i might be able to find in a cd store here is new anathema, but i still really doubt that.
    Jack White (y'know, the guy from the White Stripes) released his first solo album a couple weeks ago, they should definitely have that. I really recommend it.
    Also, the Shins released an album this year. I haven't given it a listen yet, even though it came out months ago, but if you like the Shins, and who doesn't, really? (don't answer that), give it a spin.
    There's always Pink Friday:Roman Reloaded. Just kidding.
    Two other albums I liked were Alabama Shakes Boys & Girls and Cloud Nothing's Attack On Memory. Those four are all I can think of off the top of my head without knowing what kind of music you like.
    edit: You'll probably like none of these albums if you're in the market for doom metal.
    Last edited by KickAsh; 19th May 2012 at 2:20 AM.

yeah, the albums i'm interested in buying are:

sunpocrisy - samaroid dioramas
    dissona - dissona
    anathema - weather systems
    ne obliviscaris - portal of i
    glass kites - glass kites
    villebrĺd - ampersand
    meshuggah - koloss
    savage messiah - plague of conscience

so basically everything i have rated 4+/5 atm.

I dunno if hard copies of Glass Kites' album are even available. If they are, though, please alert me so I can go hemorrhage money (presumably) to get them.

Bonus points for an LP.

Bonus points for picture discs.

Speaking of which, I should go take pictures of one of my picture discs I found yesterday. Not in my normal listening habits (or what they're perceived as, I guess), this particular one, but!
    Last edited by The Admiral; 19th May 2012 at 2:38 AM.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Jack White (y'know, the guy from the White Stripes) released his first solo album a couple weeks ago, they should definitely have that. I really recommend it.
    Also, the Shins released an album this year. I haven't given it a listen yet, even though it came out months ago, but if you like the Shins, and who doesn't, really? (don't answer that), give it a spin.
    Two other albums I liked were Alabama Shakes Boys & Girls and Cloud Nothing's Attack On Memory. Those four are all I can think of off the top of my head without knowing what kind of music you like.
    I have been meaning to download and listen to Alabama Shakes and The Shins
    I might try Cloud Nothing as well

I dunno if hard copies of Glass Kites' album are even available. If they are, though, please alert me so I can go hemorrhage money (presumably) to get them.
    i am PRETTY sure they should be a thing by now. i remember it being mentioned on their fb page several times, lemme check.

yes it is a thing, email GlassKitesMusic@gmail.com for it.
    Last edited by palingensia; 19th May 2012 at 2:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlutterDash View Post
    I have been meaning to download and listen to Alabama Shakes and The Shins
    I might try Cloud Nothing as well
    Boys & Girls has been one of the best albums of 2012 so far. Port of Morrow isn't far behind--"Simple Song" has been stuck in my head for the past 2 months.
    But don't get too pumped for Attack on Memory. I thought it was ok, not exceptional. I'd recommend Blunderbuss or the Ty Segall & White Fence album Hair instead.
    Last edited by KickAsh; 19th May 2012 at 2:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Do it. Do it for the children.

That reminds me, I haven't been to Hershey Park in a while. The most recent park I was at was (lol) K'noebells. (Or however you spell it.)
    OMG!! I went there for a family reunion a few years ago! I loved that place so much. Sadly, I'm too far away to go back there anymore, and I don't have a car or necessary funds to get there.

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Boys & Girls has been one of the best albums of 2012 so far. Port of Morrow isn't far behind--"Simple Song" has been stuck in my head for the past 2 months.
    But don't get too pumped for Attack on Memory. I thought it was ok, not exceptional. I'd recommend Blunderbuss or the Ty Segall & White Fence album Hair instead.
    I have already tried Blunderbuss http://www.last.fm/user/TylerSymes/l...sic/Jack+White and i might try the hair album
    I tried to listen to Port of Morrow but they didn't have it on spotify and i haven't downloaded it yet
    Last edited by kuzronk; 19th May 2012 at 3:00 AM.

Page 583 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 483533573579580581582583584585586587593633683 ... LastLast