Page 630 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 530580620626627628629630631632633634640680730 ... LastLast
Results 15,726 to 15,750 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post

Also I love airplane food. The desperation makes it delicious.
    Every time I've had airline food, I had the option of the chicken or the fish. Either way, all I've ever gotten was brown mush. Brown mush =/= food.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    Boats? Pretty sure sea travel is still a thing.
    I don't object to traveling via boats though I've never done that before because I can't swim. I was just listing two other ways of traveling that I'm more comfortable with than airplanes.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by RAGD0LL View Post
    ^ babbling about how we babble isn't a huge improvement.
    Sorry for trying to make a point I guess.

No.

I've only ever been on an aeroplane for more than an hour once. Even that one time, it wasn't so long but... I want to know this desperation. deliciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullkid View Post
    If you guys just wanna babble because you have nothing to do for entire pages, that's why Count to 60 exists.
    Hey. Why so serious?

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    Hey. Why so serious?
    You forgot "Batman," at the end of that sentence.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    You forgot "Batman," at the end of that sentence.
    Is this better?

As opposed to it being boring and no one is posting here at all, this is an improvement.
    It beats reading random, unprovoked attacks on Bronies
    attacks on bronies are way better
    partly because they deserve every lick of it ( except Jb because he is cool)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAGD0LL View Post
    i don't know what people expect from this thread. it's a general chat thread. if someone had something worth saying it would go in one of the other sections of the forum.
    It's a general chat between multiple users, not for two users to talk about things better suited for vm

did you know being literate is a great skill needed for life
    oopsie

Quite.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    I've only ever been on an aeroplane for more than an hour once. Even that one time, it wasn't so long but... I want to know this desperation. deliciousness.
    Have you ever ate at a school cafeteria? (at least in the U.S. I am not sure about other countries) The food isn't actually very good, but you are so damn hungry you shovel it down anyway and its the best damn thing you've ever had at the moment.

The same applies to airplane food.

I am trying EV training for the firs time even with a macho brace it takes too long, 1 hour and I am a little less than 10% finished. I can't believe people do this on a regular basis.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

That was actually the 4 most interesting pages on GCT ever. not srs

Back to airplanes, I love them! It's the best way to travel. And the food is okay if you can make it to the bathroom first and spend the rest of the journey satisfied that you've made everyone else's journey that little bit worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    I'm scared to death of flying in planes. I'd rather use other modes of transportation like trains or cars and put off flying for as long as possible.
    I guess I can't really argue with that. Though there really isn't anything to worry about. There are so many great places you'll never be able to visit if you don't fly (or boat, I suppose).

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Totally, I had my first plane ride when I was three, I hurt my ears then but it's still the fastest way to travel. Taking a train down t FL for NJ is also pretty cool when you get a room.
    I can't remember how young I was when I was on my first plane ride, but I'm pretty sure it was in that age range. After so many flights I don't even notice the ear popping anymore.

Also, I love trains. I'd use trains more often, but there aren't any easily accessible trains where I live (not even sure if there are any, for that matter).
    No.

I've always been happy with airplane food. I'd eat it even if I wasn't on a plane.

Though I'm not really picky with what I eat.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    I've always been happy with airplane food. I'd eat it even if I wasn't on a plane.

Though I'm not really picky with what I eat.
    Same here honestly. It's not as bad as people claim it is.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I am trying EV training for the firs time even with a macho brace it takes too long, 1 hour and I am a little less than 10% finished. I can't believe people do this on a regular basis.
    Try to use the Vitamins first, and get the power items and make sure the Pokemon in question has Pokerus.

Takes about 15 minutes.

I guess I can't really argue with that. Though there really isn't anything to worry about. There are so many great places you'll never be able to visit if you don't fly (or boat, I suppose).
    I know that there isn't anything to fear from airplanes and there are, like, a million flights a year or something and a staggering majority of them occur without an incident. It's baseless paranoia on my part really but I suppose that it helps (or hinders me) that I haven't needed to leave the northeastern United States for anything as of yet.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

As opposed to it being boring and no one is posting here at all, this is an improvement.
    It beats reading random, unprovoked attacks on bronies.
    I just feel that the same few people posting is just pretty boring to read and see. Last night had good discussion, because there were a lot of people (Cipher, intergalactic platypus, Sogeking and a good few others) and they were all having an interesting discussion, at least. Two people harping on about whatever they were talking and arguing about for ages belongs more in VMs.

butyeah, I shouldn't expect a whole lot so I'll shut up now.

I cba EV training so I just stuff my Pokemon with Vitamins and hope for the best. When I'm EVing in Attack or Special Attack, I usually battle a few Lillipup and Litwick, because they appear alone in their areas, but I don't bother keeping track.

Actually, back on the competitive battling point, my Swellow is actually a total beast:

Swellow @ Flame Orb
    Guts
    some sort of EVs
    -Aerial Ace
    -Protect
    -Facade
    -U Turn

Protect to stall until the Flame Orb kicks in. Guts activates and boosts Attack scarily high, which deals a hell of a lot of damage coupled with double power Facade with STAB. Swellow is fast enough to out-speed a lot of things. It's a total glass cannon, but it works well.

welp. everyone who hates my posts is about to catch a real lucky break. i won't be signing on much after tomorrow, so praise the lawd.

bye everyone :]

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    I just feel that the same few people posting is just pretty boring to read and see. Last night had good discussion, because there were a lot of people (Cipher, intergalactic platypus, Sogeking and a good few others) and they were all having an interesting discussion, at least. Two people harping on about whatever they were talking and arguing about for ages belongs more in VMs.

butyeah, I shouldn't expect a whole lot so I'll shut up now.

I cba EV training so I just stuff my Pokemon with Vitamins and hope for the best. When I'm EVing in Attack or Special Attack, I usually battle a few Lillipup and Litwick, because they appear alone in their areas, but I don't bother keeping track.

Actually, back on the competitive battling point, my Swellow is actually a total beast:

Swellow @ Flame Orb
    Guts
    some sort of EVs
    -Aerial Ace
    -Protect
    -Facade
    -U Turn

Protect to stall until the Flame Orb kicks in. Guts activates and boosts Attack scarily high, which deals a hell of a lot of damage coupled with double power Facade with STAB. Swellow is fast enough to out-speed a lot of things. It's a total glass cannon, but it works well.
    That was the conversation about Smogon controlling the western competitive battling community, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post

Swellow @ Flame Orb
    Guts
    some sort of EVs
    -Aerial Ace
    -Protect
    -Facade
    -U Turn

Iirc Toxic Orb works better because it doesn't burn you and lowers the attack of the other moves.

Iirc Toxic Orb works better because it doesn't burn you and lowers the attack of the other moves.
    Guts negates the Attack drop caused by the burn condition. Using a Toxic Orb would be far worse, as its damage increases each turn.

I don't really mind smogon that much, it's just I like to use some gimmick pokemon that I know are very situational, but I love it when they work out. But anything that's not standard they act like it's the most awful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Guts negates the Attack drop caused by the burn condition. Using a Toxic Orb would be far worse, as its damage increases each turn.
    Actually if you're staying in for 1-2 turns toxic orb is the better option, as you lose less HP. And that's what Swellow basically does, unless it's a late game sweeper, then Flame Orb might be better.

And am I the only person who hates team preview?
    Last edited by bobjr; 30th May 2012 at 10:39 PM.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

Totally forgot about that. Everyone seems to use a Toxic Orb for some reason.

Try to use the Vitamins first, and get the power items and make sure the Pokemon in question has Pokerus.

Takes about 15 minutes.
    I've never ever had a Pokemon that has ever once had Pokerus, ever. I also don't trade over Wi-Fi anymore due to connection issues, so that might have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    I know that there isn't anything to fear from airplanes and there are, like, a million flights a year or something and a staggering majority of them occur without an incident. It's baseless paranoia on my part really but I suppose that it helps (or hinders me) that I haven't needed to leave the northeastern United States for anything as of yet.
    I'm not really the right person to consult with dealing with fear issues, since I'm not sure how to "cure" them. Though I suppose the best way to overcome that fear is to just fly.

Little story about one of my experiences with a plane ride...

The first time I went on a plane by myself I was about 9 years old and I was with my younger brother who was about 6. We were close to our destination and the flight attendant turned on the seat-belt sign and said not to leave our seats, so I didn't. But I also didn't pee the entire plane ride and I really, really, had to go. My brother, being the self-assured douche-weasel that he is, some how convinced me that I wasn't allowed to get up to go pee. To make a short story shorter, I ended up peeing on myself. I also don't listen to my brother anymore.

EDIT: I need to stop writing up a reply than forgetting about it until later. Once again, multiple posts have passed since my post had much relevance.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Totally forgot about that. Everyone seems to use a Toxic Orb for some reason.
    A Toxic Orb does less damage over 1 or 2 consecutive turns switched in, than when compared to a Flame Orb which does more. Both do an equal amount of damage over 3 turns (with the Toxic Orb doing more 4 turns and longer), and to be honest you won't be seeing many Guts or Quick Feet Pokemon staying in longer than 3 turns in a row.

The first time I went on a plane by myself I was about 9 years old and I was with my younger brother who was about 6. We were close to our destination and the flight attendant turned on the seat-belt sign and said not to leave our seats, so I didn't. But I also didn't pee the entire plane ride and I really, really, had to go. My brother, being the self-assured douche-weasel that he is, some how convinced me that I wasn't allowed to get up to go pee. To make a short story shorter, I ended up peeing on myself. I also don't listen to my brother anymore.
    You listened to your six-year-old brother? Wat.

Page 630 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 530580620626627628629630631632633634640680730 ... LastLast