Page 688 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 588638678684685686687688689690691692698738788 ... LastLast
Results 17,176 to 17,200 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Sno got banned?
    I'd express my opinion but I'm rather indifferent about it. So this post kind of pointless.

So being as combative and condescending as possible and arguing thing endlessly is doing a great service to misc.?

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Eh, he was a douche sometimes. But he was a likeable douche. To quote a movie, (I forget which one it was, but it may have been "The Hangover.")

"He's an asshole. But he's our asshole."

Though then again, that could describe a lot of people on these forums.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    So being as combative and condescending as possible and arguing thing endlessly is doing a great service to misc.?
    Maybe you don't think so

But I think so

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Were you expecting more?

If so i'd say your MISC-ing the point!

Ahahhaa
    haha
    kill me now

Stop discussing banned members.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    What's wrong with it, if I may ask? I personally like quite a few banned members. Sno, IB, others...

Because discussing banned members is against the rules. Seriously, stop it.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    One does not simply st*shot*

No, but seriously, if you're gonna kill a topic, you gotta come up with a new one. If you don't mind, I declare the new topic to be about cats.

Kreis isn't obligated to start a new topic lmao. The chat thread always gains and drops topics in quick succession. You already made a new one anyways :P

I can't say I'm much of a cat person, I much prefer dogs. My favorite breeds are St. Bernards and Newfoundlands!

Star-Lord

His jimmies sure seemed to be rustled about other people's tastes sometimes, but changing the topic:

I still find this funny.

e: Also I've given my opinion on cats before. Too many of them have vomited on my personal belongings for me to like them.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Oh yeah, I forgot we weren't supposed to do that.

Anyway, cats are bad, for me at least. I'm mega allergic, so yeah.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I'd hate to be allergic to cats. I'm such a cat person. Dogs take waaaaay too much effort. They're all like...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGHIHIHIHIYOUREHOMEWALKMEPETMEFEEDMEI GOTTAPOOPHIHIHI

And I'm like

-.-

Meanwhile, cats? They just chill.
    No man can hold what the darkness can sew,
    Gonna leave an ugly skull when you go.

I'm fond of small dogs and some cats.

Don't like cats. Kittens are cute but, meh, then they grow up. Also, I'm allergic. I always had a dog growing up so I'm quite the fan. I love my pet rabbits though, so I guess I'm more of a bunny person?

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Kittens are cute but, meh, then they grow up.
    Pretty much my stance with Puppies/Dogs. And bunnies are pretty damned awesome. They just wanna sit on your lap, chill, flare their nostrils a bit, eat a carrot maybe. Or perhaps I've just had some lethargic lagomorphs in my day.
    No man can hold what the darkness can sew,
    Gonna leave an ugly skull when you go.

Yep, that's pretty much what they do. Every now and then when they're happy they "binky" (for those of you not familiar with rabbits: it is essentially running around and leaping and dancing all over the place). They're quite adorable creatures. Mine like to sit on top of me whenever I lay down on the floor, they have a kind of a "king of the mountain" mindset.

I think kittens are pretty cute and stuff, but they become arrogant, scratching, streetroaming adult cats later on. And I just don't have the heart to kill them once they do.
    The artist previously known as Dark_Petal.

My face when this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    What a travesty

That was one of my favorite guys

Does anybody ever get depressed going into GPD? I was reading through a thread where people were arguing in great detail over why such and such a generation is good or not good and how people who only like gen 1 are idiots. And these people treat the topic like its some kind of a legitimate debate? Jeez, give me a reason to despair alright.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    Does anybody ever get depressed going into GPD? I was reading through a thread where people were arguing in great detail over why such and such a generation is good or not good and how people who only like gen 1 are idiots. And these people treat the topic like its some kind of a legitimate debate? Jeez, give me a reason to despair alright.
    That's the thing. Even though the discussion is about Pokémon games and genwunners and such, it gets treated seriously because it mirrors more worthwhile debates about human ignorance. One could argue the futility of debating over Pokémon games, but then one has to ask whether anything is really worth debating over. At the end of the day, what will arguing about anything get you? Not much, I'd guess.

Cripes. I really rambled there.

I love kittens and puppies since they're pretty damn adorable. I took care of a stray kitten earlier this year but someone adopted him and I haven't seen it since.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Which is worse? GPD or PAD? I'm leaning towards the former, since most threads and posts there can fall into the "spam" category.
    People in PAD will literally repeat something a poster said if they agree with them but twist it to make it seem longer and more "original" than it actually is. That's almost as annoying if mot more so than GPD.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I get the same vibes from Other Anime and Other Video Games too. It's like people have some really strange priorities where entertainment is worth getting upset over. Especially the former.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

They're very closed-minded over there. Their perspectives are so warped from these pointless debates that they have lost any semblance of human reason. They can be considered more congruous to lower life-forms, like cats or ferrets, and in some extreme cases, insects, than humans.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    That's the thing. Even though the discussion is about Pokémon games and genwunners and such, it gets treated seriously because it mirrors more worthwhile debates about human ignorance. One could argue the futility of debating over Pokémon games, but then one has to ask whether anything is really worth debating over. At the end of the day, what will arguing about anything get you? Not much, I'd guess.

Cripes. I really rambled there.
    First of all, if you call that rambling, then you should check out the posts in the fan fic section

Secondly, if they want to debate human reason, then why not do that instead of debating a video game

Because it has pokemon as a basis, pointless conflicts arise that shouldn't even be there, and that's mainly what makes the GPD threads so terrible

Like I said, closed-minded
    Last edited by Gelatino95; 19th June 2012 at 7:45 PM.

^ Click this for good times ^

F***! I just felt like I got kicked in the nuts! Why you might ask? The f***ing pricks on the internet, that's what! Mainly this!

I'm so pissed off! Why do people have to be such jerks? Plus, it's a f***ing video game, people should be allowed to state their opinion, even if their rank is "lower" than yours and I use that term hypothetically!

****!

goes back to drawing a man getting his limbs torn off one by one
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    F***! I just felt like I got kicked in the nuts! Why you might ask? The f***ing pricks on the internet, that's what! Mainly this!

I'm so pissed off! Why do people have to be such jerks? Plus, it's a f***ing video game, people should be allowed to state their opinion, even if their rank is "lower" than yours and I use that term hypothetically!

****!

goes back to drawing a man getting his limbs torn off one by one
    And how do you feel about this?
    Running for the thrill of it

Page 688 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 588638678684685686687688689690691692698738788 ... LastLast