Page 742 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 642692732738739740741742743744745746752792842 ... LastLast
Results 18,526 to 18,550 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

  1. #18526
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Childish Gambino is great.

  2. #18527
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Adulthood!
    Posts
    6,407

    Default

    Anyone who defended Tosh in this thread has lost a ton of respect from me and is a disgusting rape apologist.

    Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

  3. #18528
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A handful of dust
    Posts
    2,992

    Default

    Looked into the Tosh thing more. I think I found a bad transcript of it with my first link. Yeah, that wasn't cool. I hadn't caught that he was specifically using the heckler as his subject. Also, having thought about it more, it really goes against the other arguments I've made (and agree with) no matter the context.

    So, basically, everything else I said. That's a shame, because I usually find Tosh funny. But this was, as with all rape jokes and for every reason anyone has cited here or in the debate thread (which I can't keep up with anymore), over the line.
    Last edited by Cipher; 12th July 2012 at 3:57 AM.

  4. #18529
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ehhhhhhhh
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Men have lead us to freedom, brought blacks and whites together, end the great depression, created things like stoplights and cars and they have also fought wars for the longest for our freedom. Oh and they also brought out a bill to protect you from getting abused (VAWA) So yeah... they do alot.

    edit: i realize the person was banned but yeah, I get passionate about these things. Don't mind me.
    You, um, you just responded to a troll account that was very clearly intended to be a parody of YOU.

    How meta.

    Also Cipher is right everyone else sucks.
    Carry on.
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

  5. #18530
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Adulthood!
    Posts
    6,407

    Default

    How the f*ck did we get an MRA on this forum? Honestly between believing men are oppressed and don't get their fair share, and idolizing Kim Kardashian, I think it's a troll account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

  6. #18531
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    9,067

    Default

    You would be 100% correct

    Anyone who defended Tosh in this thread has lost a ton of respect from me and is a disgusting rape apologist.
    A little too broad.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

  7. #18532
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Adulthood!
    Posts
    6,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    You would be 100% correct



    A little too broad.
    Oh I'm sorry, maybe I hurt the feelings of some well meaning rape apologists by being a little too broad. Next time I'll take into account the subtleties of publicly saying a woman should be gang raped because she doesn't like your rape joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

  8. #18533

    Default

    How am I a troll? I would never do that...

    If your trying to say that I'm a rape apologist, then you are seriously dead wrong...
    岩根雅明=♡

  9. #18534
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    9,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, maybe I hurt the feelings of some well meaning rape apologists by being a little too broad. Next time I'll take into account the subtleties of publicly saying a woman should be gang raped because she doesn't like your rape joke.
    Not a single man in this topic even said anything like that.

    You know, it's hard to respect the other side of the issue if people jump to such rash conclusions like this.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

  10. #18535
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,894

    Default

    Why are we still going on about this? Tosh said something really ****ing stupid, and people are mad at him, and for a pretty understandable reason. Instead, let's talk about my huge dice.

    That may be the worst transition I could make in this scenario to change the subject to gambling instruments.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  11. #18536
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A handful of dust
    Posts
    2,992

    Default

    Okay, to be fair, and IP just handled really well (better than I would have) in her last debate thread post, "rape apologist" (while true) is probably too loaded a word to throw at people when these conversations come up.

    Most of them simply don't know. They don't know how hard the system makes it for victims. They don't know how damaging their own attitudes are. They don't know why men are the presumed culprits or even when they're blaming the victim. We're not dealing with people who have poured over statistics and women's accounts and decided it still doesn't matter. It's unfortunate that that's not all accessible, common knowledge to begin with, but that's why we're discussing it in the first place.

    While, yes, "rape apologist" is apt, throwing it around or getting mad at the offending party is the surest way to shut down communication. And most people can be brought around. "Rape (or hell, gender-issue)-ignorant" seems weak and apologetic in and of itself, but it's an equally true description that leaves room for progress.

    (I realize I'm opening myself up to the argument that it's offensive to call someone racist "race-ignorant" or anything other than "racist," or that it really is as horrible as being a rape apologist and semantics shouldn't have to scrub themselves down to be more palatable, but such are the very first steps of education. And I'm not even sure I'm right on this.)
    Last edited by Cipher; 12th July 2012 at 4:37 AM.

  12. #18537

    Default

    i try to just lurk and not post here because nothing good ever comes out of it, but i'm just going to say that while what Tosh did was pretty disgusting, posts like these bother me:
    Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    Anyone who defended Tosh in this thread has lost a ton of respect from me and is a disgusting rape apologist.
    what Tosh did was douchey and rape jokes are pretty shitty but it's also pretty douchey to interrupt a show that a bunch of people paid money for instead of just walking out if you're uncomfortable and confronting him about it after the show.

    also another thing said above is true. if you want to teach people why rape is bad then insulting them is a pretty bad way to do it, since it makes them not want to listen to a word you say.

    also kudos to Cipher for being level headed and actually promoting discussion, something this forum never does because they're too busy throwing shit at each other.

  13. #18538
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    9,067

    Default

    It's just broad in the sense that I defend Tosh in other ways. I defend his right to say it. It doesn't mean I would say or would encourage him to say it. It doesn't mean I think rape isn't a big deal.

    Masada says Tosh asked the audience, "What you guys want to talk about?" After someone in the front said "rape," a woman in the audience started screaming, "No, rape is painful, don’t talk about it." Then, Masada says, "Daniel came in, and he said, 'Well it sounds like she’s been raped by five guys' — something like that. I really didn’t hear properly."
    He continues, "It was a comment — it wasn’t a joke at the expense of this girl."
    Masada says that the woman then sat through the rest of Tosh's set — which received a standing ovation — before complaining to the manager about Tosh's joke. The manager apologized, Masada says, and offered her tickets to come back to the Laugh Factory for another performance, which she accepted.
    "If you’re offended why would you take a couple tickets to come back to the club again?" he says. "If you were offended, how about the rest of the audience" — 280 people total — "who’s giving a standing ovation?"


    And with all things considered, I'm starting to wonder if the outcry truly was deserved still; which was my original point.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

  14. #18539
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    drinking sex on the beach
    Posts
    10,031

    Default

    okay, seriously, time to stop it. this thread isnt for arguing or debating and kreis approved the rape topic in debates specifically for it to go there. talk about it there instead of shitting this thread up with constant arguing. thx.

    be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

    Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

  15. #18540

    Default

    Yeah, no one in this thread defended his jokes. But I have a feeling that there's alot of anger towards me for some reason unknown...
    岩根雅明=♡

  16. #18541
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Adulthood!
    Posts
    6,407

    Default

    Sorry if the term rape apologist got people up in arms. It's used in daily parlance in places that I visit that talk about these kinds of issues, so it's just sort of something I use in these kinds of scenarios.


    ETA: Sorry Ellie, you posted before me. I'll delete the thing about what Tosh really said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

  17. #18542
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A handful of dust
    Posts
    2,992

    Default

    The Pokemon anime is not a very good show.

  18. #18543
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    But I have a feeling that there's alot of anger towards me for some reason unknown...
    I don't think anyone is angry at you. Just annoyed at your huge Kim K obsession that you didn't seem to pick up until recently.

    I mean, she's only been reverently for like, what? Six months right?

  19. #18544
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Adulthood!
    Posts
    6,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    The Pokemon anime is not a very good show.
    Somebody bring CyberCubed into this thread RIGHT NOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

  20. #18545
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    The Pokemon anime is not a very good show.
    Gary should be the main character.

  21. #18546
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    drinking sex on the beach
    Posts
    10,031

    Default

    if he didnt come in here for talk about his fanfic i doubt he'll come in for that =(


    and it's ok if you posted right after me. just no more after that because clearly if it's been that long someone is just ignoring my post haha.

    be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

    Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

  22. #18547
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    6,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    The Pokemon anime is not a very good show.
    Well it's a 20 minute commercial. How many of those would be good?

  23. #18548
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Well it's a 20 minute commercial. How many of those would be good?
    Man, the things you watch when you're a kid. Also, I think that sums up a lot of children's cartoons, so.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  24. #18549
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Adulthood!
    Posts
    6,407

    Default

    If I'm remembering my time in Pokemon Anime Discussion correctly, he thinks the show was amazing singlehandedly because of May and without her his opinion plummeted. I know she's just a cartoon character, but she's still supposed to be a preteen cartoon character, so there's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

  25. #18550
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    6,733

    Default

    Would people watch a show about the Messing with Sasquatch commercials?

    I mean they already tried the Geico cavemen and that failed miserably.

Page 742 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 642692732738739740741742743744745746752792842 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •