Page 760 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 660710750756757758759760761762763764770810860 ... LastLast
Results 18,976 to 19,000 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

You all went after the Roamers the hard way, I just went between one route and another till the Roamer was on the route I was on, used repel to avoid getting some random pokemon and ran around in the grass till it showed its ugly face.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    You all went after the Roamers the hard way, I just went between one route and another till the Roamer was on the route I was on, used repel to avoid getting some random pokemon and ran around in the grass till it showed its ugly face.
    no kidding
    i seem to recall having a nightmare about landorus a few nights ago

Back from vacation. First meal home was mountains of ham and mashed potatoes. I am a happy camper.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Roamers are simple to catch (SMEARGLE). Rayquaza in HGSS is the most painful catch ever, unless you're using Dusk Balls.

Oh, and Colosseum (if you don't take advantage of the glitch) and XD boss battles.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 23rd July 2012 at 2:37 PM.

Yeah, catching snagging anything in Colosseum is a pain in the butt, especially the legendaries.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Yeah, catching snagging anything in Colosseum is a pain in the butt, especially the legendaries.
    I got so annoyed that I just used the Poké Ball glitch and caught the later Pokémon with my Master Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Rayquaza in HGSS is the most painful catch ever, unless you're using Dusk Balls.
    Why is that? =0

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    I gave up on trying to catch Latios (or Latias, can't remember which) in my Emerald game. Turns out I already used my Master Ball on the Rayquaza (why? couldn't tell ya) and I don't have any good Pokemon for catching any of the roaming Pokemon. I gave up after an hour. I felt like a fat man running after a food truck.
    Fortunately for you, Emerald offers you the Artisan Cave, a place loaded with nothing but Smeargles whose levels reach into the 50s if I'm remembering correctly. =)

I got so annoyed that I just used the Poké Ball glitch and caught the later Pokémon with my Master Ball.
    What's the Pokeball glitch?

Roamers aren't really that hard to catch. Just do what The Eleventh does and catch a Smeargle, or get a Pokemon with Arena Trap (I personally used Dugtrio). It can be kind of a pain to be forced to use only one Pokemon, or to train a Pokemon specifically to catch them, but it honestly doesn't take that long.

Such a troll that BW2 has two guaranteed Master Balls with no roamers, though. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    What's the Pokeball glitch?
    Well according to IGN:

This glitch gives you infinite any ball. All you need is to have two Pokemon in battle. You need at least one other type of Pokeball that's different to the one your duplicating in your bag.
    With the first Pokemon select Items and then the pokeball you are duplicating. Then with your second Pokemon move the firs pokeball by pressing the Y button to the location of the second pokeball. Then you can proceed to attack or use another item with the second pokemon. Your character will throw the first pokeball but it will still be in your bag
    I remember hearing about it ages ago, but it only came to my mind now. Would have made that game so much easier if I had known about it back then :x

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Why is that? =0
    It has Rest, which completely restores its health, and Outrage, which leaves it confused and susceptible to damaging itself. Air Slash can be annoying (flinch), while AncientPower also has additional effects; it can raises all of its stats.

My new memory card came today, so XD, here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Such a troll that BW2 has two guaranteed Master Balls with no roamers, though. =/
    Sounds like Black and White 2 is a strong contender for best pokemon game ever. All it needs now is a repeatable source of triple and rotation battles.* (possibly with the item launcher available as well)

*I haven't been able to find whether or not battle tower type place that offers triple/rotation battles exists.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Roamers aren't horrible, Rayquaza is such a pain.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Oh, and Colosseum (if you don't take advantage of the glitch) and XD boss battles.
    Honestly, I think the only Colosseum boss capture I had any real trouble with was Raikou. I'm pretty sure that it has a lower level than most of your team does at that point, and if you bone that one, you have to wait until Realgam Tower, where your team will be at even a higher level! Where's False Swipe when you need it?

(This is also kinda why I advocate an instant freeze attack being in a future game -- for capturing pokemon. It could be stipulated as useless in trainer battles, even.)
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    Honestly, I think the only Colosseum boss capture I had any real trouble with was Raikou. I'm pretty sure that it has a lower level than most of your team does at that point, and if you bone that one, you have to wait until Realgam Tower, where your team will be at even a higher level! Where's False Swipe when you need it?

(This is also kinda why I advocate an instant freeze attack being in a future game -- for capturing pokemon. It could be stipulated as useless in trainer battles, even.)
    That whole boss battle was annoying. Personally, I think Ein was the hardest Colosseum admin.

I can't remember having much trouble in Colo other than that guy with the shadow Entei. I had no trouble in XD at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    That whole boss battle was annoying. Personally, I think Ein was the hardest Colosseum admin.
    Ein had some really reasonable setups throughout the battle and generally did have some difficult parts. Dakim was rough the first time because Entei outleveled you by a lot.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    Ein had some really reasonable setups throughout the battle and generally did have some difficult parts. Dakim was rough the first time because Entei outleveled you by a lot.
    When I was facing him, my Espeon was about the same level (give or take a level or two) and it handled Entei just fine. As did Croconaw. And Quagsire. And even though I didn't purify it then,. Hitmontop was doing rather well.

I couldn't get into Col, to be honest. I tried, but I just got bored of it. I loved XD, though.

Sorry to deviate from the topic at hand, but Jesus Christ, how hard is it for someone to run a legitimate business these days? Seems like most of these apartment services are scams, pretty much all of the extended stay hotels have abysmal reviews, and everyone is just out to make you miserable and take your money. ;-; We just want somewhere to live, mang. That's it. I'm looking through all these craigslist ads to try and find us an apartment, and whenever I Google the service that's advertising the apartment, every single review talks about how awful they are, aside from the obvious planted review once and awhile, same goes for all of the extended stays that aren't the Mariot or the Hilton. You would think that it wouldn't be very difficult to keep up with your services, to make sure your customers are happy and all that. This is ridiculous. The little craphole of a hotel we're staying in has awful reviews for cleanliness and general upkeep of the place (which are all true - at least I'm a cleaning fanatic and got this turd polished as well as I could), but it's oddly enough the best in the area. Is it REALLY that difficult to have both a successful business AND happy customers? We just want an apartment to live in, that's all we're asking...but damn, this seems impossible. ;__;

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Sounds like Black and White 2 is a strong contender for best pokemon game ever. All it needs now is a repeatable source of triple and rotation battles.* (possibly with the item launcher available as well)

*I haven't been able to find whether or not battle tower type place that offers triple/rotation battles exists.
    The World Tournament has triple and rotation battle IIRC, but that's it as far as I know. They look like awesome games, but I'm really disappointed by the bizarre move to make challenge mode version exclusive. B|

The world tournament is a fantastic idea though.

does anyone like Matisyahu?

Challenge Mode isn't version exclusive. It's the Ice Key and the Steel Key (the ones that unlock Regice and Registeel) that are only unlockable in one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Challenge Mode isn't version exclusive. It's the Ice Key and the Steel Key (the ones that unlock Regice and Registeel) that are only unlockable in one game.
    Actually, Challenge mode is exclusive to Black 2 while Assist mode is exclusive to White 2. They're also only available post-game and trade-able only by infra-red.

(like what)
    Last edited by Grey Wind; 23rd July 2012 at 11:34 PM.

Hello everyone.
    "Pathetic little fool! Do you realize who you're dealing with? I am Ganondorf and soon I will rule the world!" -Ganondorf, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal View Post
    does anyone like Matisyahu?
    Jerusalem, if I forget you.

Let my right hand forget what it's supposed to do.

So, I haven't been on serebii for that long yet.
    "Pathetic little fool! Do you realize who you're dealing with? I am Ganondorf and soon I will rule the world!" -Ganondorf, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Page 760 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 660710750756757758759760761762763764770810860 ... LastLast