Page 807 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 707757797803804805806807808809810811817857907 ... LastLast
Results 20,151 to 20,175 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by h8on-me View Post
    I didnt include HGSS into my sentence because I thought HGSS > Every other pokemon game from gens 2-4 > Mystery Dungeon > Black & White > Red & Blue > Spin-offs (not including PMD) was obvious.
    Huh, spin-offs last, besides PMD. Usually people like Stadium, or Colosseum, or something else.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I can't wait for next PMD game.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Huh, spin-offs last, besides PMD. Usually people like Stadium, or Colosseum, or something else.
    I never said I can please everyone.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Zwitter™ View Post
    Gonna be honest Two towers is my favourite. I love return of the king too but I can't stand Shelob.
    The second part of trilogies tend to be the best IMO.

I never said I can please anyone.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    The second part of trilogies tend to be the best IMO.
    It may be because ending require some sort of finish and they are always disappointing. Except Dark Knight rises, that was epic all the way through.

I didnt include HGSS into my sentence because I thought HGSS > Every other pokemon game from gens 2-4 > Mystery Dungeon > Black & White > Red & Blue > Spin-offs (not including PMD) was obvious.
    >Red and Blue behind Mystery Dungeon
    >Gold and Silver at the same rank as Diamond and Pearl
    >Platinum at the same rank as Diamond and Pearl
    >Emerald at the same rank as Ruby and Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Zwitter™ View Post
    It may be because ending require some sort of finish and they are always disappointing. Except Dark Knight rises, that was epic all the way through.
    I think it's more because the third part of a trilogy just ends up being in the "too long" territory. The series gets to be a little too obnoxiously overlong at that point. And the endings aren't always very good. The second part has some backing.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    >Red and Blue behind Mystery Dungeon
    >Gold and Silver at the same rank as Diamond and Pearl
    >Platinum at the same rank as Diamond and Pearl
    >Emerald at the same rank as Ruby and Sapphire
    Nobody said there had to be logic. But honestly, not putting DP as the worst game in the series?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

HGSS > BW > RSE > FRLG > RBY > DPPt
    I've never played any spinoffs so I can't judge those.
    Also I fully expect BW2 to become my new number one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    You just can't pull off the "mean Internet guy" persona, can you?
    lol that made me laugh pretty hard

D/P is the worst Pokemon game.

Trozei was kinda bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    People are still playing Platinum?
    Platinum is my fave Pokemon game. I still play it.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I actually really liked Diamond and Pearl. I certainly preferred them to RSE and (especially) HGSS.
    Running for the thrill of it

RS were pretty obnoxious too simply because, I feel, it was where the surf use really came to a head. People say that Emerald is better, and... unless they drastically shaved the amount of time you spend dicking around with Tentacool, I doubt it.

Speaking of Pokemon games, I think I'd like to see a game where the opening type circle is Flying, Rock and Fighting. I'd pushed for Psychic/Fighting/Dark for a while, though.

The usual links

I'm split between HGSS and Emerald being the best. I grew up with Emerald, but HG has a lot of features. Pearl is at the bottom of the bucket besides the spin-offs that aren't Colosseum/XD/PMD, which are all above . I never played the original RBY/GSC, but they can't be much better. So in other words,
    HGSS/RSE>B/W>PMD>FRLG/Colo/XD>Pearl>Spin-offs
    Ummm..... Hi! I'm new!

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebob View Post
    I'm split between HGSS and Emerald being the best. I grew up with Emerald, but HG has a lot of features. Pearl is at the bottom of the bucket besides the spin-offs that aren't Colosseum/XD/PMD, which are all above . I never played the original RBY/GSC, but they can't be much better. So in other words,
    HGSS/RSE>B/W>PMD>FRLG/Colo/XD>Pearl>Spin-offs
    So, based on that, maybe the Emerald love is based on nostalgia? Which wouldn't surprise me with the new generation of youths on the internet. I forget that I'm twenty-****ing-two and some portion of the internet is halfway to "young enough to be my child" age...

I grew up with Red, Blue and Yellow, and shoddily translated mods of the Japanese Green (and GS when those came out) -- and when I say "shoddily translated," they make Vietnamese Crystal look coherent. Half of everything was a jumble of random letters and ellipses, especially in the GS mods. It was hilarious...ly bad. Now, I liked RBY, but even I can admit that those were basically the glitchiest games I have ever played, with few exceptions that don't involve kill screens, and certainly none since then -- yes, even in the face of the similarly overstuffed Donkey Kong 64. (There was a game once that I thought was as bad, but it doesn't qualify -- its "glitches" are basically just it operating as it is specifically programmed to. I don't consider a game buggy if it works as it was programmed to or intended to.)

The usual links

The PMD games got old after the first ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    So, based on that, maybe the Emerald love is based on nostalgia? Which wouldn't surprise me with the new generation of youths on the internet. I forget that I'm twenty-****ing-two and some portion of the internet is halfway to "young enough to be my child" age...
    Twenty-two is Internet Old now? ****.

But I finally finished playing White the other day, so I can actually weigh in on a Pokemon topic here. The correct answer for the series' ranking is GSC > BW > RSE > HGSS > FRLG > RBY > DPPt. And the only spinoffs I've played are the Stadiums, Colosseum/XD, and the Trading Card Game, which were pretty good. Well, no, Stadium sucked except for the sped-up player. Oh, and Snap and Puzzle League, but those can go to hell. Also Hey You, Pikachu!, which was fun but still kinda stupid. And it ended on a depressing note, iirc. Anyway, they should make a Pokemon game that's all morbid and violent and depressing. I'd buy it.

I have yet to play any of the games following Platinum, but that's mainly because i'm too ****ing cheap to cough up $30 for HG/SS or B/W. I also need a new DS and I'm not sure if I want to pay $170 for a 3DS just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Twenty-two is Internet Old now? ****.

But I finally finished playing White the other day, so I can actually weigh in on a Pokemon topic here. The correct answer for the series' ranking is GSC > BW > RSE > HGSS > FRLG > RBY > DPPt. And the only spinoffs I've played are the Stadiums, Colosseum/XD, and the Trading Card Game, which were pretty good. Well, no, Stadium sucked except for the sped-up player. Oh, and Snap and Puzzle League, but those can go to hell. Also Hey You, Pikachu!, which was fun but still kinda stupid. And it ended on a depressing note, iirc. Anyway, they should make a Pokemon game that's all morbid and violent and depressing. I'd buy it.
    Pokemon: Big Game Hunter or maybe some cross between GTA and Pokemon.

That actually sounds like a lot of fun.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Third gen is still my favorite, since it's what I grew up with. However, from an unbiased standpoint, I'd say that either HGSS or BW were the best so far.

But I like PMD better than any of the main series, so I'd like to see a new one over anything else.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Platinum is my favorite out of all the pokemon games I have owned. I'm not sure if I want to get into 5th gen yet. Black 2 is pretty tempting though as my pokemon raising itch is coming back.

It looks like I am probably not the only who thinks Diamond and Pearl were kind of phoned in. (Platinum seems okay)

Anyway first day of school tomorrow. I am excited for class tomorrow but really nervous about all the other stuff that comes with a new school year.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Well, on top of being "phoned-in," I think that DP suffered from bad balance... cf. that level 66 Garchomp. Really? I don't think there were any places that would really help you get up to speed before that other than slamming into the other Elites over and over again.

My classes start tomorrow, too. Thankfully, my days are short -- I have classes from noon until about 2:30 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (with a night class on Wednesday from 6:30 to TEN because clearly I was not very sober when I chose these classes), and then I have one class on Tuesday and Thursday that starts at about 1 PM.

The usual links

Why can Primeape learn Thunder?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    Pokemon: Big Game Hunter or maybe some cross between GTA and Pokemon.

That actually sounds like a lot of fun.
    Well, I don't know about straight-up shooting Pokemon. Although on that note, I am kinda surprised that they haven't integrated a Wailord-poaching minigame yet. GTA might be kinda good, where you go around committing crimes with your Pokemon. But I was thinking more along the lines of, I don't know, something with a war going on, and then Pikachu dies in your arms. Or, you're a wild Pokemon, but you get caught at the beginning of the game, so you have to kill your trainer and journey back across the world to reunite with your family without getting captured again.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    It looks like I am probably not the only who thinks Diamond and Pearl were kind of phoned in. (Platinum seems okay)

Anyway first day of school tomorrow. I am excited for class tomorrow but really nervous about all the other stuff that comes with a new school year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    Well, on top of being "phoned-in," I think that DP suffered from bad balance... cf. that level 66 Garchomp. Really? I don't think there were any places that would really help you get up to speed before that other than slamming into the other Elites over and over again.

My classes start tomorrow, too. Thankfully, my days are short -- I have classes from noon until about 2:30 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (with a night class on Wednesday from 6:30 to TEN because clearly I was not very sober when I chose these classes), and then I have one class on Tuesday and Thursday that starts at about 1 PM.
    School started last week for me. And I was going to have a really bitching schedule, but a week before classes started, they changed one of my professors (who is supposed to be very good, and I waited two semesters to take) to somebody really terrible, so I had to quickly grab an 8am section with a different teacher, and now I have three classes and a lab two days of the week, and only one night class the other two days. I mean what the fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Why can Primeape learn Thunder?
    Because all Gen. I Pokemon learned Thunder. Or close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post

I find the Sinnoh region to be generally pretty boring, so neither Diamond nor Pearl really did it for me. I found Platinum much more entertaining, though it still didn't rival the previous third-game-sets of the other regions (though I'd attribute that to being in Sinnoh and not the game itself).

As for school, well, I've got nothing. I won't be going to school for another few years, so this year I'm just going to be focused on work and teaching myself as many languages as I can. I might enroll myself in a class or two if I have the time, though.

Well, I don't know about straight-up shooting Pokemon.
    I suppose it wouldn't be very different from any of the other Big Game Hunter games, actually.

Although on that note, I am kinda surprised that they haven't integrated a Wailord-poaching minigame yet.
    Or a baby Seel/Spheal-clubbing minigame.

GTA might be kinda good, where you go around committing crimes with your Pokemon. But I was thinking more along the lines of, I don't know, something with a war going on, and then Pikachu dies in your arms. Or, you're a wild Pokemon, but you get caught at the beginning of the game, so you have to kill your trainer and journey back across the world to reunite with your family without getting captured again.
    I could see both of those being really entertaining, actually. Assuming they were done well, of course. I would definitely be interested in a darker take on the Pokemon series, and I don't just mean shadow Pokemon and mad scientists.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Page 807 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 707757797803804805806807808809810811817857907 ... LastLast